[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games you love that /v/ hates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (58KB, 349x406px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 349x406px
ITT: Games you love that /v/ hates
>>
>>376224236
/v/ hates all video games. Loves to shitpost more which is a game itself I guess.
>>
only a GenZ Xbot or a Zenimax shill would "love" a total bastardization of THE biggest and most important FPS game of all times.
>>
>>376224538
I've been playing Doom since I had my first experience with it with the port of Doom 2 for Wndows back in 1995, and still I loved Doom 2016.
It's a very, very solid and fun to play game hampered by console limitations (small levels, few enemies at the same time)
>>
>>376224401
That used to be an ironic thing before newfags thought /v/ is supposed to unironically hate all games.
>>
>>376224731
No wait, it was in 1996; I met the classmate who lend me the game when I started High School
>>
>>376224731
All it managed to do was leave a disgusting taste in my mouth and a shock of realizing that this crap passes as "oldschool" gameplay nowadays.

Besides all you mentioned, I really, REALLY don't think a game like Doom has room for fucking RPG menu surfing or "Press key to see cool finisher animation!" -gameplay. The art-design was from ass as well.

So far, only Serious Sam 3 has managed to avoid the console-cancers and do a modern reboot / sequel right.
>>
All of them.
>>
Dark Souls 3. I don't mind if others don't like it, but the constant bashing is just a waste of time.
>>
>>376224236
I thought this game was generally very well received on this board?
only the loud minority keep shitposting about it.
>>
>>376224236
/v/ loves the new doom though
>>
File: 1.jpg (144KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
144KB, 512x384px
Apparently every game I love is a shitty overrated meme game according to /v/.
>>
>>376225057
The "cool finisher animation" was more of a gameplay mechanic, an interesting one. Will you risk to do an execution to recover some health or will you keep shooting from afar? Same with the chainsaw becoming the equivalent of a shoot-em-up's bomb: it's up to you where and when to use that OHK.
The runes and the weapon upgrades were great too; the runes allowed you to change your strategy and the weapon upgrades changed the weapon's function.
The only thing I think was redundant and unnecessary were the Preator suit upgrades.
>>
>>376225423
>Will you risk to do an execution to recover some health
There is no risk though, enemies don't attack you during it.
>>
>>376224538
I first played DOOM when I was 3 or 4 back in 1994 and I think NuDOOM is pretty good

I played it on Ultra-Violence with that rune that sped up the finishers and had a lot of fun with it
>>
>>376226730
You're right. They're not attacking you during the animation, but they attack you right after it. Which is pretty much an instant death on Nightmare.
>>
>>376224236
New Doom swept the /v/GAs
>B-But the /v/GAs are reddit!!!
Other sites barely even give a shit about them anymore and they haven't for years.
>>
>>376226730
Except that it can land you in a bad spot. It's not that bad in Ultraviolence, but in Nightmare it can get you surrounded and killed.
>>
File: ce-dis2-vanityspread.jpg (126KB, 800x556px) Image search: [Google]
ce-dis2-vanityspread.jpg
126KB, 800x556px
>>376224236
>>
>>376227105
That's a lot of things you need to say instead of "it's a shit mechanic". lexDDDecutions should only be allowed on the last enemy of the group if you want to feel like an ebin cinematic badass. Just make enemies drop health when killed with a melee attack, which doesn't lock you in to a cutscene.
>>
>>376227237
Most of the hate comes from the horrendous PC port.

Speaking of which, is the game fixed now?
>>
>>376225057

Eh, I just didn't use glory kills unless absolutely necessary and used the chainsaw only on the shielded niggers who for some reason are the deadliest enemies in game and not in a good way.

Was very fun, played through the campaign twice.
If I could play arcade mode without any of the "arcade" sound effects and shit I'd play it even more, but it bums me out how it shits on the soundtrack playing.
>>
>>376227278
But a melee attack is boring compared to tearing off someone's spine.
Also you talk like they were as long as Final Fantasy's summon animations. They're pretty short.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.