[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Ultima series worth playing these days?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Ultima_Logo[2].png (60KB, 325x110px) Image search: [Google]
Ultima_Logo[2].png
60KB, 325x110px
I saw a few vids and the presentation and dialogue seemed cringy as fuck

whats the appeal of these games?
>>
>>376222106
>>
>>376222106
>whats the appeal of these games?
Massive RPG (for their time) that required a lot of player involvement to enjoy/complete (use of imagination, drawing your own maps, writing down hints/clues).
>>
>>376223035
Why did they stop making games then if it was so good for its time, it could have been the West's Final Fantasy
>>
>>376223515
because they were bought by EA who then proceeded to butcher the studio when Ultima Online made them a ton of money
>>
>>376223515
They weren't selling massive amounts, online guides rendered drawing your own maps and taking notes useless, and people don't have time to fill in the gaps with their imagination, they want to be spoonfed story, character development, etc.

>>376223591
And UO was great for its time also, but look at where modern MMOs are now and you'll see why that is also dead.
>>
>>376223591
Shouldn't have sold their company then, what'd they expect
>>
>>376223730
That's either a very subtle and brilliant troll post or you have NO fucking clue how this shit works lol
>>
>>376223035
>>376223660
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>376222106

No, if you didn't play them way back you probably will not enjoy them.
>>
>>376223928
Giving them attention is what they want. That said, they at least contributed to the thread while you fag it up.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.