[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is MMO genre dead now? Is there anything decent to play that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: tree-of-savior-statue.jpg (724KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tree-of-savior-statue.jpg
724KB, 1920x1080px
Is MMO genre dead now?

Is there anything decent to play that is not WoW in 2017?

Tree of Savior looked damn great at the beginning but turned out to be a complete fucking trash because worthless gooks couldn't optimize the game and make any good content for it. PvP is a total disaster too, even RO has vastly superior WoEs and PvP.
>>
yes mmos are dead
wow killed the genre and then killed itself
>>
>>376218583
I've never seen an mmo try so hard to segregate it's players.
>>
>>376218583
Only wow is barely decent, everything else is complete trash

Go play something else
>>
File: BetaScrB08[1].jpg (294KB, 1200x750px) Image search: [Google]
BetaScrB08[1].jpg
294KB, 1200x750px
>>376218583
Not at all anon
>>
MMOs should allow true choice for each player. I should be able to side with the villain of a quest chain and destroy villages if I want to, forever putting me at odds with "good" players.
>>
I've been enjoying GW2
>>
TERA
>>
a perfect mmo would have no npcs at all
just players everywhere
it will never exist
>>
File: 1493300755962-1.jpg (268KB, 1089x785px) Image search: [Google]
1493300755962-1.jpg
268KB, 1089x785px
>>376218767
Session games like MOBA, CS and Overwatch killed MMO.

No one wants to waste shit ton of time on MMO when you can just log in for a couple of games for a couple of hours and escape the tedious labor in MMO.
>>
>>376219335
This
>>
xiv is gonna get popular again when stormblood drops

I don't know if I'll go back though, none of my friends play
>>
>>376219316
wurm online
except the "just players everywhere" part

game is on the verge of death
>>
>>376219316
in Ultima Online npcs were diposables, yet eventually turned into a wow clone.
>>
File: mmos.jpg (89KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
mmos.jpg
89KB, 800x800px
>>376218583
MMOs killed themselves. It is a colossal clusterfuck now.
>get to max level in a day
>can buy a max level character IN-GAME
>soloing in MMOs
>endgame is all about getting through content ASAP and then selling carry runs
>people openly advertise and want to get carried

Everything good is dead and can't be saved.
>>
>>376220031
True.
>>
Keep an eye on Dauntless, Crowfall, Ashes of Creation, Camelot Unchained, and Albion online
>>
>>376219143

Just play a shooter if you want PvP.
>>
>>376220031
Grind is bad, and you should feel bad for liking it. Most of the game should take place at max level with max level equipment. I still think GW1 was the absolute pinnacle of what progression should be like in an MMO. No soloing beyond basic farming, because every single quest and mission was designed around having a full group, cosmetics and PvP endgame, and a shit load of build customization.
>>
>>376218583
>Wow 2017
>playing wow like ever

bitch please, and yeah mmo as genre is dead, GW2 was spark of hope but it died after a year and never recovered.
>>
>>376220031
i'm glad grind is dead, grind was funny in 00s but nowadays it's just so dull that i couldn't even force myself to play it, most recent example was black desert i got bored after 2h
>>
>>376220543
There is a difference between having a grind to max level and having people at max level that have no fucking clue what they are doing. Other than that, I agree.
>>
>>376220753
I understand that, and I do think selling max levels is a terrible idea. But it's a symptom of the actual cause. That these days the focus is on getting to the "endgame" as quickly as possible. And the onus of fixing that warped perception is on the developers to design the game in a different manner.
>>
>>376220413
Why dont you go play a shooter???
>>
>>376220413

Having the pvp tie into each zone's primary quest chain is what would be cool, though. Players trying to save a city as others slaughter its citizens, etc.
>>
>>376221267
This is literally what that warhammer mmo was like. Too bad it is dead and RoR private server has shit latency.
>>
>>376218583
FFXIV is getting a giant expansion next month.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.