[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your thoughts on the Wii U's library?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: WIN_20170506_11_47_47_Pro.jpg (456KB, 2105x995px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20170506_11_47_47_Pro.jpg
456KB, 2105x995px
What's your thoughts on the Wii U's library?
>>
>>376216978
disappointing
>>
>>376216978
About 8 or 10 worth playing, 4 of which are must owns. The rest is garbage. So pretty par for Nintendo.
>>
It doesn't have one, unless you count Netflix.
>>
>>376216978
out of the 3 games worth getting, one is already on the switch.
>>
>>376217095
>About 8 or 10 worth playing
Hard to get that high unless you count shit like Color Splash
>>
>>376216978
Looking back, I still find it funny how people were all excited for shit like Hyrule Warriors, Captain Toad, Pokkén, Devi's Third and Yoshi.

The Wii U playerbased had some of the lowest standards when it came to games. Literal shit would get hyped months before release.
>>
>That's the entire library of WiiU games

Holy shit did they tried to compete with the Virtual Boy?
>>
>>376216978
Where is your copy of NSMBU?
>>
>>376216978
I love how easier it is to get Devils Third right after they shut down online
>>
>>376217478

>Talking shit about Captain Toad

The rest I can agree with, but Captain Toad was good.
>>
>>376217478
And the switch is worse, people were actually hype for that Mario Kart 8 re-release. Now those standards are low.

I had my suspicions that Nintendo paid people to still here but it wasn't until I saw the amount of hype being revved up for a Mario Kart re-release that my suspicions were confirmed.
>>
>>376217526
pirated
>>
>>376216978
>actually being dumb enough to buy a WiiU and all those games

Take them to your nearest second hand game shop and get some of your money back. With the console and games you'll get enough to buy a PC or another console.
>>
>>376217627
It's also obvious from how those marketers were making daily Wii U shill threads in 2014-2016 and now they shit all over Wii U and the people who bought it just to shill the Switch.
>>
>>376217742
If you have a Wii U in the first place there's no reason to ever get a Switch.
>>
>>376217653
Too bad. It's one of the few games that your physical collection still lacks.
>>
File: IMG_20170507_092449.jpg (894KB, 4281x2731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170507_092449.jpg
894KB, 4281x2731px
>>376217886
I fell for the Wii U meme and I'm about to fall for the Switch meme just because I want to play Splatoon 2 when it comes out.
Feels bad
>>
>>376217889
I'd buy it if I could find it bundled with a Luigi U disc for like $30-40
>>
>>376218154
Isn't it part of the Selects Line in your country?
>>
>>376218219
I dunno, is it in the US?
And can I get a Luigi U disc with it?
>>
Complete shit. Barely made the $200 I spent on the system worth it.

>>376217478
Those same faggots are hyping up ARMS, that shovelware looking garbage.
>>
>>376218360
>Those same faggots are hyping up ARMS
I find all the forced hype for this game really obnoxious.
>>
>>376218348
>I dunno, is it in the US?

I don't know about the US but it is in Europe. And yes, it comes with Luigi U on disc.
>>
>>376218058
I bought a Wii and felt dumb. I waited for awhile until I bought a Wii U because i wanted there to be more games on the console, still ended up disappointed. I have no intention of buying a switch.
>>
test
>>
>>376218503
Is Luigi U a separate disc or is it just the DLC installed on the NSMBU disc?
>>
>>376218657
It's installed on the NSMBU disc.
>>
>>376219027
I might try looking for it
Anything else I'm missing?
>>
>>376217478
>>376218360
>>376218493
>DURRR HURR HURR IT'S BAYUD CAN'T YOU SEE?

Here's a (You). Share it evenly between you.
>>
>>376216978
The only game left I need to pick up is Wonderful 101 and maybe Tropical Freeze. I doubt I will though since I picked up a PS4 and have a 3DS backlog to get through. All-in-all the Wii U library had just a handful of games I got good value out of. Fell considerably short of the mark, but I can't say I really regret getting it. I haven't been too interested for a while in many new releases until this year so most of my free time was spent on older titles. Not getting a Switch until Pokémon and MH are confirmed exclusive though.
>>
>>376219183
U mad?
>>
>>376219243
W101 and DKTF are two of the best games on Wii U, I'd say those two along with Bayo are the top three overall on the system. You should definitely pirate them at least.
>>
File: fast.jpg (146KB, 456x643px) Image search: [Google]
fast.jpg
146KB, 456x643px
>>376219171
>Anything else I'm missing?

Well, in Europe we had a physical version of Project Zero released. But personally I don't think the game is very good. The physical version was also a limited edition so that it's probably pretty expensive now. I don't think it has been released in the US either.

If you liked Axiom Verge, I think it's getting a physical release soon.

Also, Fast Racing Neo did get a physical release in Europe. Again, I don't know whether you got it in North America though.
>>
>>376219569
I don't think any of those got a physical release in the US
>>
>>376216978

Smash is really fun
Love Mario Kart games
Warriors is one of my favorite series since I was a kid
Bayonetta 2 is one of the greatest action games ever made.
Big fighting game fan so Pokken was fun even though it wasn't a serious fighter.
Love Persona and Fire Emblem and jpop so Tokyo Mirage Sessions was a great game in my opinion.

Overall I don't regret the Wii U in the slightest. In fact it had more fun games than I can count in my PS4 library. Stay heated once again sonybros
>>
>sonybros crying they have no good exlusive
>>
>>376220046
>Smash is really fun
>Love Mario Kart games
>Warriors is one of my favorite series since I was a kid
>Bayonetta 2 is one of the greatest action games ever made.
>Big fighting game fan so Pokken was fun even though it wasn't a serious fighter.
>Love Persona and Fire Emblem and jpop so Tokyo Mirage Sessions was a great game in my opinion.

I love my Wii U but the only two games out of those you mentioned that I own as well are MK8 and Bayo2. MK8 is great, of course, but I can't say anything about Bayo2 yet. I bought it for 7 bucks but I haven't played it yet. It's even still wrapped in plastic.
>>
short with some great games
>>
>>376220046
Hyrule Warriors is kind of trash imo but the rest I agree with.
>>
File: 1490467499191.jpg (21KB, 172x241px) Image search: [Google]
1490467499191.jpg
21KB, 172x241px
It was incredibly disappointing. I bought a Wii-U excited for the possibilities the controller would have, and most of them turned the controller into a map/inventory management screen you had to glance away from the action to look at. Sometimes it was convenient, other times it was just fucking annoying.

Let's see, as well there was an absolute lack of games for it throughout its entire life. You could expect months to go by without any peep about major releases for the system. Pretty much the only games I played on it with any consistency were Splatoon and Smash Bros. Are those games worth $420, plus the Gamecube Adapter and a new controller (so around $500)? No, not really.

/v/ had almost daily Wii-U shill threads filled with the type of logic you'd expect from consumer whores: "My toy is better because, even though it has worse graphics, online support, a retarded controller, and shitty third-party support, it has better exclusive games!"
Well la-de-fucking-DA. Nobody I know says "Woah man I gotta get this console for this exclusive", they actually say "too bad I can't play this but I'm not fucking buying a Wii-U to do it". let's not even get into their Plastic Figurine based DLC, a level of jew that is completely unacceptable from any console manufacturer.

Everyone I know moved to PC last gen and I'm the odd man out with a PS4 and a quiet stack of 3rd parties I can play with my bros at parties, like Diablo 3, and a few of the great exclusives, like Horizon: Zero Dawn.

Here's a fun fact for you. If you took the sales of the Gamecube, the Wii-U, and the Switch (as it stands now) and combined them, you wouldn't come within 20 million units of the PS4's sales. It also has a better attach rate (games sold per console) than either the Wii or the PS2. http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/24/ps4-has-a-better-software-attach-rate-than-ps2-and-wii-6402140/
>>
>>376220979
>it's this shit again

>http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/24/ps4-has-a-better-software-attach-rate-than-ps2-and-wii-6402140/
How did they even calculate this. WHen is a game sold? If you waste your money to get psplus do those free games also count?
>>
>>376216978
It's not that great but there's some good games in there.
Still somehow manages to be the best of the three current gen consoles which is pretty sad.
>>
>>376220979
>It also has a better attach rate (games sold per console) than either the Wii or the PS2.
Didn't those consoles have awful attach rates?

I mean that's pretty hard to do anyway the more hardware you sell (unless you count bundled games which I believe doesn't count anyway). That's why the WiiU has an incredible attach rate.
>>
File: WiiU_2D_Packshot_ESRB.jpg (1MB, 1608x2301px) Image search: [Google]
WiiU_2D_Packshot_ESRB.jpg
1MB, 1608x2301px
Anyone getting the Darksiders remaster in a few weeks?
>>
File: 1362844820794.png (213KB, 445x465px) Image search: [Google]
1362844820794.png
213KB, 445x465px
Its top tier. Only retards could hate it
>Smash 4
>Mario Maker
>3D World
>Mario and Luigi U
>Mario Kart
>Captain Toad
>Wooly World
>Dong Freeze
>Kirby: Rainbow Curse
>Breath of the Wild
>Hyrule Warriors
>WW and TP HD
>Splatoon
>Pikmin 3
>Starfox Guard (Can be purchased separate)
>Pokken
>Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
>Xenoblade Chronicles X
>Nintendoland
>Fatal Frame
>Bayonetta 1 and 2
>Wonderful 101
>Monster Hunter 3U
>Lego City Undercover
>Tekken Tag Tournament WiiU Edition
>Rodea (Wii game packaged as a WiiU game)
>Pushmo World
>Runbow
>Fast Racing Neo
>Affordable Space Adventures
>Good selection of 3rd party Indies
>Also picked up a few wii games I missed (Bit.Trip collection, Tatusnoko vs Capcom, etc) because of true backwards compatibility
>Pro controller is top tier
>WiiU Gamepad surprisingly comfortable and great for games in bed
>Gamecube adapter is the best peripheral of all time, doubles as an easy ticket to playing Dolphin with the correct controllers solo or multiplayer
>Entire Zelda library available besides ALBW and the CDI games
>The only console currently capable of good DS emulation because of the touch screen
>Easy as fuck to hack, just have to connect to the internet
>Easy to load games onto your WiiU>Bunch of games worth looking at once you can grab them for free (Either because rarity shot the price up or because the price was always too much) like NES Remix 1+2, Game and Wario, Devils Third, previously Lego City Undercover, Paper Mario, SF0, etc.)
>Significantly better options to expand memory compared to every other Nintendo platform, including the god damn Switch (External powered hard drive vs SD card on Switch and 3DS) I added two terabytes of storage to my WiiU, most I can add to a switch is a few hundred gigs, maybe less if Nintendo's SD card support is as bad as it was on the 3DS
>>
Worth buying now that it's dead and any worthwhile game for it is already out. Wasn't worth it while it was alive.
>>
>>376225036
I dunno about that, purely because they were pretty cheap to find used.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.