[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me ONE game that has satisfying grinding. pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: Michael_2_03_24_2017.jpg (55KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
Michael_2_03_24_2017.jpg
55KB, 700x393px
Tell me ONE game that has satisfying grinding.

pic unrelated
>>
Thats on you
Some people enjoy grinding and others dont is that simple
>>
>>376215563
>give one game where something inherently bad is good
How?
>>
Grinding is always a chore and game should ideally be balanced so it's not necessary.
>>
>>376215563
>grinding
You're doing it wrong.
>>
Bravely series lets you automate it for the most part, does that count?
>>
runescape
>>
I enjoyed grinding the pigs in Bloodborne, outside of Mergo
>>
No reason to grind in p5, not even on Hard.
>>
>>376215563
Grinding is literally doing the same thing over and over again for a long ass time.
There's no way to make such a thing fun, other than doing it on the side while you watch a video or something.
>>
File: 1316494942752.jpg (367KB, 735x594px) Image search: [Google]
1316494942752.jpg
367KB, 735x594px
Grinding is fun when you level up fast and you don't need to spend much time on it.
>>
>>376215563
Grinding can be satisfying in pretty much any game, when you're finished grinding you've accomplished whatever you were grinding for, in most cases accomplishment gives satisfaction, it all depends on why you were grinding.
>>
>>376216252
I don't know about that anon. Grinding the reaper for easy levels isn't so bad, grinding mid-bosses for cash is easy as fuck, and leveling up your SMT pokemon to have 99 strength and magic can help you skip a lot of tedium later.
>>
Monster Hunter
The game is arguably designed around grinding, but I mostly just do it for the hunting and usually get what I need in the process. I've been playing since Freedom 2 and never had the feeling I was bored while repeatedly killing the same monsters.
>>
Do the free battles in DeSu count? I have fun with those.
>>
If you call it grinding then you probably don't like it. If you did, it would be called progression or simply enjoying the game
>>
>>376215563

P5 has real dungeons that were designed pretty well to keep you from needing to grind. as long as you do all of the mementos side quests, you'll never need to grind in P5

compare this to P3 where literally all you do between full moons is grind levels in randomly generated hallways where the enemies don't give you enough xp for you to be able to just run through things once and be at recommended level
>>
Pokemon. Any grinding is enjoyable so long as the payoff is worth it though, psychologically we enjoy earning things instead of being given them. Grinding a Dratini up to level 55 to evolve it to Dragonite by itself is an hour of unfun monotony, this however makes every hour you spend dominating with Dragonite more satisfying.
>>
>get drunk or high
>put on a good album
>grind the night away
this is how it's done, if it has to be done at all
>>
>>376216716
DUDE
>>
>>376216716
Helping people fight the Gaping Dragon for a couple hours while black out drunk was fun. Woke up with like 600,000 souls.
>>
File: 1493659337927.gif (1MB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1493659337927.gif
1MB, 499x499px
>>376216756
Hey chris

Hows runescape tonight?
>>
>>376216665
>enemies don't give you enough xp for you to be able to just run through things once and be at recommended level
Maybe if you're a complete shitter. Except for maybe one or two Tartarus Guardians, you should be strong enough to beat them your first run through if you have decent personas. And rule of thumb is that if you can reach the gate blocking your path, then you're ready for the Full Moon Bosses.
>>
Grinding in action games tends to be quicker and more enjoyable than grinding in turn based games
>>
>>376216665
Don't remember needing to grind in P3, didn't the shuffle give you bonus xp
>>
>>376215563
disgea is literally find ways power leveling harder: the game
>>
>>376216297
basically grinding is fun when you don't have to grind?
>>
>>376215563

>grinding
>on Persona

This meme must be eternal or some shit
>>
>>376215563
>grinding in Persona

you wat m8
>>
>>376216906
the full moon bosses are ez pz and i can usually beat the guardians first try, but i usually grind after beating all of a month's guardians just so i dont fall behind. maybe it because i dont fully explore each floor

>>376217007
technically all of the shit in tartarus is just grinding for full moon bosses since you dont have a required goal in there.
>>
>>376215563

>fuse level 75 (level 80 after fuse) persona when lvl 50 with futaba rank 10 and wardens rank 10

SO MUCH GRINDING
>>
grinding has always been shit, a game should be balanced so you don't need to do it.

If you want to grind go ahead though, at least Persona gives you high level shit that's an incentive even if it isn't needed.
>>
File: 1494130305363.png (686KB, 634x875px) Image search: [Google]
1494130305363.png
686KB, 634x875px
>>376216252
>He doesn't play on merciless
>>
>>376218070
>technically all of the shit in tartarus is just grinding for full moon bosses since you dont have a required goal in there.

Playing p3 for the first time now and this is being terrible.
that and half the slinks.
>>
>>376215563

Etrian Odyssey
>>
>>376218347

i don't think it would bother me that much if p3 was my first persona, but after playing p5 which had much more developed dungeons its kind of a let down
>>
>>376218347
This is why you play release order
>>
File: PROMOTION.gif (229KB, 327x240px) Image search: [Google]
PROMOTION.gif
229KB, 327x240px
>>376216180
>>
Destiny is all grind. I'm still not bored of it
>>
Ff12, chain farming it is strangely soothing.
Any disgaea item world.
Ff7 materia leveling.
Ff6 esper magic leveling.
Gta san andreas stat building.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.