[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quake Champions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 51

File: QuakeChamp.jpg (148KB, 890x500px) Image search: [Google]
QuakeChamp.jpg
148KB, 890x500px
Will it save the series or doom it?
>>
>>376212951
it will be a flavour of the month esports game which everybody will play intensely for a bit and then go back to whatever they were playing before.

companies will still throw money at it because it's called quake, it will take a while before they realize that fps duel games aren't exciting for a mass audience. and the 17 pro players will cling on to it for dear life, hoping that they can make a living off it.

they won't.
>>
it's much more fun than overwatch or cs unless you're a shitter, but with good matchmaking it might be fun for even retards
>>
>>376213726
it's much less fun than real quake, unless you actually like sluggish movement, laggy netcode and microtransactions out the ass
>>
There's barely any interest in it, so it won't affect the series at all.
>>
It will die after 2 months, a few hundred will stay for a while longer, then they will all eventually quit to go back to that one game they can't possibly quit because they've convinced themselves that putting in thousands of hours into a game means you can literally never quit it.

Like every multiplayer game that happens now.

People play them a little while, but they eventually go back to the shitshow they normally play because of familiarity.
>>
>>376212951
I've playing the closed beta and whilst I think it's pretty good I'm complete shit at it and I'm getting my ass handed to me. The problem with Quake is that modern FPS have ruined the audience for shooters, most people are going to find it way too difficult to play a game like this and won't want to put in the time to get better. Every game there are like 2 guys who know how to play Quake who just dominate everyone whilst the rest of us finish with 2 kills and 19 deaths. They're going to have to find a way to appeal to casuals if they want the game to take off, the hardcore players are few and far between and focusing on them won't save the game.

It's help if they just had a server browser so newer players could just play with each other to practice, I doubt people are going to stick around if they get completely ass blasted every game.
>>
>>376212951
It's done. Abilities and stats didn't have an impact on gameplay. It feels just like Quake Live with better graphics and gimped movement.

They played it too safe, listening to """vets""" that stopped playing arena shooters long ago.
>>
flavor of month then everyone gets bored of it. unlike overwatch it dont have anything new to keep people playing
>>
Depends on how much money Bethesda is going to throw at competitions. That's the only way any PC shooter is going to exist in this age.
>>
>>376213884
I'll put in time to get better at a sport anon. There's no need for me to practise a game. Especially since you can get better at it naturally by playing and enjoying it.
>>
>reading thread
>see someone mention sluggish controls

Shit's dead as fuck, irrelevant flavor of the month nonsense.

100% guaranteed.
>>
>>376213914
Such a contradicting post. No idea what you are trying to say
>>
>>376213884
you're getting your ass handed to you because there's no matchmaking system whatsoever in place yet. that explains why the game somehow feels it's ok to match lv3 players with lv43s.
>>
>>376212951
Quake can't really sink any lower.

Q3 is still the last good thing they did and even until today they've been riding the coat tails of the original.

Same can be said for counter-strike but idk very doubtful.
>>
>>376214373
>no matchmaking system
>the game somehow feels it's ok

Jesus fucking christ, fucking casuals these days. I had to look up what a smurf was because people kept complaining about them.

Fucking hell.
>>
>>376214249
How so? The only way they would have saved the genre is by taking a big risk to change up the gameplay in a significant way. They listened to the whiners and scaled back the changes in attempt to please older fans who don't play arena shooters anymore while still attracting fresh blood. The end result is a game that vets aren't going to play because they've been bored of arena for years and are too deluded to admit it and younger players aren't going to play it because there's nothing fresh or interesting about it.
>>
Right now the game just feels wrong. It might be the netcode, it might be the different starting stats, I dunno. RL was my goto weapon in QL, but in QC it just feels weak and under-powered. Splash damage does like 1 damage. The rocket delay is so bad I regularly kill myself with it, e.g. by strafing behind a wall and by the time the rocket actually comes out I blast the wall in front of me. It feels completely different from QL.

LG is quite overpowered right now, and so is the starting MG.

The RG and HMG bonus damage when zooming is just plain retarded. I'll probably sit out on future beta weekends until this shit is fixed at least.
>>
>>376214878
But it's new and fresh to these younger players because they've never played an arena shooter before.
>>
It won't be the blockbuster resurgence they want it to be. Most people have moved on from generic deathmatch, and want something with more substance.
>>
>>376214612
Its all about perspective isn't it?
I mean, if you are a good quake player, no matchmaking means you are going to get matched against players worse than you most of the time.
>>
>>376214878
>They listened to the whiners and scaled back the changes in attempt to please older fans
Literally how? and what fucking changes? You don't make sense you mongoloid. There is almost nothing changed since the first beta...
>>
>>376212951
Save hopefully. It will be f2p so alot of kids and poorfags will probably try it for a while so it'll get some attention. People who play Overwatch might try it due to the slow trickle of content for that game.
>>
>>376215498

Exactly. They need to come out with a more exciting and engaging game mode. There's a new mode coming called "sacrifice" but i'm not sure what it's all about.
>>
>>376215696
That's because you have no clue what matchmaking is anon.

If you are a good player, and want a challenge (which all good players NATURALLY do, because they are good because they like to be challenged by the game), you and all other good players naturally would want to find each other. And gee, how would they go about doing that I wonder? By playing random pubs all the time? lol
>>
File: 1483217324744.jpg (84KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1483217324744.jpg
84KB, 1024x683px
Is it going to stay on the Bethesda launcher or no? If it's not on Steam it will be dead
>>
>>376215406
The netcode is fundamentally fucked. 10ms ping feels like 300ms in QL. There are webms comparing the RL lag in QL and QC and it comes out to that. Sorlag's puke, RL, NG feel laggy as fuck. LG is absolutely fucked to all hell and it doesn't help that there are like 3 LG spawns on every map, QC is just LG central. Zoomed HMG is literally the best weapon to use with quad at the moment. Map layout is extremely basic and the q3dm6 remake doesn't even let you do bridge-to-rail without rocket jumping (which itself is notoriously laggy and unreliable). The netcode doesn't just fuck with the weapons, but you will also often find yourself fucked out of ability kills - you hear the fucking ding so you know the hit should've registered, but the game will ignore it and you'll die anyway. The forums are filled with complaints about lagspikes, disconnects, memory leaks, the game using 6gb of swap, 4gb of ram and 1gb of vram just sitting at the menu screen with everything set to minimum, restricted resolution modes, etc. Absolutely no reason to play this over other Quake clones.
>>
>>376215847
or you know, by having a system that constantly judges how good you are playing and matches you against people of similar skill
>>
>Bunnyhop the game
It is already dead
>>
>>376216046
Sure.

But to whine that such a system doesn't exist? There's a word for fags like you, and it's been mentioned in this thread.
>>
File: FUCts[1].png (314KB, 499x370px) Image search: [Google]
FUCts[1].png
314KB, 499x370px
I'd enjoy it more if it didn't take so fucking long to get into a game. Having to wait 3 mins for a match then nearly 1 min for the 'match made' screen, then the loading screen for nearly 2 mins and then finally some weird fucking intro cinematic shit for another min.

In that time, a round could almost be over in OW. It's just really fucking poorly made.
>>
>>376215440
I've met a bunch of younger guys playing modern military shooters over the past decade. I always try to get people I meet to try out Quake Live and not a single one returned after playing one or two matches. They just don't enjoy arena shooters, there is nothing there for them.

>>376215741
I'm talking about all the shitflinging about the abilities after the game was announced. The character/ability/stats system is basically pointless.
>>
>>376216020
Don't forget desyncs like in old Path of Exile. Sometimes you get killed by enemies seeing you standing still in another room and there is nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>376216140
Are you really arguing that it is ok for a developer to be lazy enough not to include a matchmaking system?
>>
Got a spare beta code if anyone wants one.

PRK3-F47U-F7HC-7D7B-E63M
>>
>>376216256
That's right anon. Though it ISN'T ok for a developer to be lazy enough to not put in a server browser, but I can see where your real issues lie.
>>
>>376216256
first he whines about living fossils interfering with the game's development, then he defends the fucking game lacking the most fundamental aspect of any modern competitive online game
>>
File: quaker-oats-logo1.jpg (72KB, 360x387px) Image search: [Google]
quaker-oats-logo1.jpg
72KB, 360x387px
>unironically complaining about beta software
/v/ kids never learn
everything will be fixed by the time it releases
this will be the definitive version of quake for years to come
>>
>>376216362
Damn anon, to be so stupid that you don't understand the nature of an anonymous forum. That's setting a new low.
>>
>>376216351
Why not both?
>>
>>376216381
This game is dead on arrival, kiddo.
>>
>>376216546
Because matchmaking isn't much of a concern. I would rather go on forums and set up fights with other teams anyway than spin an automatic dial that chooses my opponents for me.
>>
I'm enjoying it a lot

Still waiting on that grenade launcher, though

Where is it

It can't take THAT much work to port a weapon
>>
>>376212951

If "Id" aren't retarded, (((Bethesda))) are forcing them to be.
The least of it is summed up by Id actually always been bad at multiplayer since forever, and the community saved them through custom mods and servers.
But Bethesda "Buy My Fucking Game and Buy My Fucking Mods" Zenimax won't allow that this time.
>>
File: 23jqt1f.jpg (181KB, 1599x664px) Image search: [Google]
23jqt1f.jpg
181KB, 1599x664px
>>376216381
If only they could fix the boring core gameplay.

This is like the classic sign of 'this game is never going to be good'.
>>
File: know its shit.jpg (84KB, 802x437px) Image search: [Google]
know its shit.jpg
84KB, 802x437px
>>
>>376212951
It will be the next big thing in the competitive online genre but it'll not kill or replace any other game because it's not for casuals at all.

>>376213814
>There's barely any interest in it

There's a NDA but didn't you see all those people crying for beta keys literally everywhere ?

>>376216558
>kiddo
I bet the majority of people interested in this game are 10 years older than you.
>>
File: 1491478185196.jpg (157KB, 685x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1491478185196.jpg
157KB, 685x1166px
>It won't feel right you know?
>>
File: 1488927795965.jpg (52KB, 537x509px) Image search: [Google]
1488927795965.jpg
52KB, 537x509px
>>376216764
>It will be the next big thing in the competitive online genre
>>
>>376216764
>because it's not for casuals at all.
>overwatch abilities
>toons with moba stats
>dmg bonus on zoom
>lootcrates
>not for casuals
>>
Daily reminder not to post any screenshots because QC uses digital watermarking to mark screenshots. Cropping, editing out your name, etc. won't help.
>>
>>376216117
Just play Sorlag, she's the best for noobs since she uses Painkiller-style "press spacebar to go fast" jumps.
>>
>>376216728
>anon goes into a restaurant and starts calling the food shit while he waits for the food and waving a dorito stained piece of paper with a shitty comic around
>>
>>376216893

That's why you record footage and then use gifs to mangle the footage to the point of being unreadable then post on Imgur.
Because the Bethesda forums don't support webm.
>>
>>376216934
>giant hitbox
>lowest movement speed
>teaches you a movement mechanic that doesn't apply to any other character in the game
Perfect choice for a new player.
>>
>>376216893

Daily reminder nobody cares because they just KEEP RELEASING MORE CODES, especially to Russia, especially when it's not tied to phone number + Steam account so they can't do shit.
>>
File: 1476545060614.jpg (123KB, 736x688px) Image search: [Google]
1476545060614.jpg
123KB, 736x688px
>>376216934
>Just play Sorlag
>>
>>376212951
It's literally D44M MP pt 2. You just have a powerup on a timer instead of having to pick it up. It's going to die a fast death.
>>
File: tracer.jpg (38KB, 700x396px) Image search: [Google]
tracer.jpg
38KB, 700x396px
reminder:

if you play overwatch after qc comes out you have a tight butthole and thick ass. but if you still play qc you have a loose butthole and flat ass.

u know it's true
>>
>>376212951
powers piss me off
the fact different characters have different health pisses me off even more

played the beta for few h and just didnt have the strength to go on

also skins look like shit and ui sucks ass
>>
>>376213791
>microtransactions

there's that meme again.
>>
How can the netcode be so awful and have the devs said anything about it? Reflex was made by two guys in a basement and had good netcode even in closed alpha, how come this shit has the worst nedcode i have ever witnessed. Who are the retards behind this. If they are going to let this slip by and drown the game in microtransactions I will throw my pc out of the window. Netcode and a very responsive engine should be number 1 priority in a quake game.
>>
REM9-N72G-E3YK-7A7M-M78Y
ECK6-N46Q-U4PC-8Y9F-C26Y
>>
>>376217436
It's also because even in it's alpha, QC have a bigger population.
>>
>>376216764
>It will be the next big thing in the competitive online genre

Popular streamers will play it for a day or two and it will get a lot of attention initially but it will be dead within a few weeks. Movement is clunky, the MOBA abilities are completely unnecessary and it's just not that fun.
>>
>>376217546
yeah, just like Overwatch lol
>>
>>376217603
No, not like Overwatch. Overwatch has huge casual appeal and is backed by a company with a huge fanbase that will happily eat shit.
>>
>>376216617
>I would rather go on forums and set up fights with other teams
>being a clan kiddie
>>
My biggest criticisms
>needs more character lines (tbf Overwatch has the same issue, I've never even played it and know every one of Pharah's lines since a friend plays her all the time)
>weapon switching is too slow
>netcode/lag is bad
>some bugs ( had Clutch's shield remain on permanently)
Also is vsync broken? I tried the in game vsync and tried forcing it in Nvidia's control panel and neither worked, the framerate is still unlocked.
>>
>>376217603
Overwatch was shat out by Blizzard and whatever Blizzard makes, retards will eat up. The only other hero shooter (or whatever the fuck you want to call them) that's also popular is Paladins, because it's free to play so it caters to Russians and other subhumans. Every single other game in the genre was a flop.
>>
>>376217603
Overwatch is successful for the same reason TF2 was; it has distinct, fun and interesting classes - variety. QC is literally pick your gimp/worthless ability and then play the game that has been dead for 12 years.
>>
>>376217603
Overwatch is marketed (and played by) people that doesn't like FPS.
>>
>>376212951

I am loving it but if it doesn't have at least a planned server browser upon release, I will pass. Keep the competitive folks separate from those of us that don't have time for it. I guess there's always deathmatch.
>>
the real question is why isnt quake live free anymore? what in the fuck

also bethesdas launcher is just absolute garbage that might be the only thing keeping me from playing this when it comes out

also when it closes out my desktop gets real fucky
>>
>>376218164
Because nobody paid for a sub to keep servers running.
>>
>>376213884

I started playing Quake 3 in 2000 and was one of those 2/19 k/d as well. Kept practicing and now I'm on the other side of the coin here my old butt sits in 2017 whipping these kids up based on twitching a map memorization.

It's oldschool as it gets and I hope it gets a TV ad campaign showing some sick rocket jumps and frags.

To really test skill, an arena-fps is needed with random generated arenas. Quake is and always has been about map management.
>>
>>376218164
People don't want to pay microtransactions on such an old game. Flat price is best they could get away with.
>>
>>376212951
Both
It's going to sell like hotcakes but the game is going to be too casual for Q3A players to get into
>>
>>376215498
>Most people have moved on from generic deathmatch

Playerunknown's Battlegrounds would like to differ
>>
>>376217426
well how are they gonna make revenue if they make it free to play?
>>
File: contempl rena.png (53KB, 216x204px) Image search: [Google]
contempl rena.png
53KB, 216x204px
>>376217758
>>376217870
>>376217891
>>376217979
>>376217979
>b-but!
Like a clockwork.
>>
>>376218470
as much as I hate OW they are right.
>>
File: dasdsafsfa.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dasdsafsfa.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376216764
>There's a NDA
yes, since people give a shit about ndas here
oh no god protect my throwaway account in my non Orwellian country that is US or Germany
>>
>Abilities
>Varying stats.
>loot crates

It has potential. It runs great at least.
The big question is if it would be a far better game if it just scrapped all the Champion bullshit. Everyone having the same stats and the abilities would be pickups on the maps.

I'd say, yes. Yes it would be a better game.
>>
>>376216764
>but didn't you see all those people crying for beta keys literally everywhere ?
No?
Actually not many care about the new cancer incarnate.
>>
>>376218470
Ah, the "I have no counter-argument". Classic!
>>
>taking 2 minutes to get into a match
>having to watch all that shit
>not letting us just warmup for a minute
>>
>>376218656
>>Varying stats.
if they get rid of thsi it can be saved
powers arent as bad as 75hp vs 150 hp
>>
>>376213791
>sluggish movement
this is how I know you aren't a quake player, the movement feels great
>>
Quake Champions is still at its core a twitch arena deathmatch where raw aiming skill trumps everything.

So why add in a bunch of superfluous shit over the top of what remains much the same? Well Quake is never going to be massive, its just too punishing for normies to break into. So why make the "heroes"? Well thats for cosmetic loot boxes so you can milk the shit out of the hardcore committed as fuck fanbase that is still playing variations on Quake to this day.
>>
Overall, here's my gripes...

Rocket launcher lacks "punch"
Movement is 95% there but that 5% lacking is really causing issues
No server browser, matchmaking is for tools
Shotguns fire rate is half of what it should be
Not enough "champions"
Customization is utterly confusing but as long as the microtransactions are cosmetic only np
>>
File: 1491586067291.jpg (74KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491586067291.jpg
74KB, 720x720px
Since all my friends are absolute casuals, I'm dumping my 3 Beta codes here, so you can actually play the game, instead of circle jerking around wether it will suck or not.

KRX7-E82K-D2QD-4K3E-G69N

GAP4-N83D-U2FR-3N9Y-F27X

MDM3-P64Q-K4QM-6A2M-A62K
>>
>>376218845

You must be running on a toaster
>>
>>376218916
This is how i know you're a larper talking out of your ass. Most characters have lower base movement speed than in Quake Live and all characters have restricted movement mechanics compared to literally any game in the series. There's a total of one character with uncapped strafe jumping speed and that's it.
>>
>>376219101
you don't know what sluggish means
>>
>finally hearing ranger say different lines
>>
>>376217832
It's good fun, and far better than playing against randoms.
>>
>putting mega health right by the quad
>>
>>376219101
This
>>
>>376218925
>Why don't they just make Quake 3 arena 1.5?
maybe because all the ones that tried died like a bitch?
>>
File: 1358258104861.jpg (26KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1358258104861.jpg
26KB, 500x333px
>>376212951
>Quake
>"DOOM" it
>>
File: turd like me.jpg (81KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
turd like me.jpg
81KB, 480x360px
>>376212951

>it took some shit from column A, it took some crap from column B, slap on the Quake branding and you've never played a turd like me!
>>
At lest its pretty
>>
File: 1491899352494.png (1MB, 1220x641px) Image search: [Google]
1491899352494.png
1MB, 1220x641px
>>376218845

AHAHA
>>
>>376219862
also just noticed
>179fps
and its an on ultra, so it runs great

but yeah, the game is shit besides the visuals
>>
Everyone who's been even half-decent in the beta has always gravitated towards Anarki and occasionally Sorlag. I don't know why they decided to fuck over the rest of the characters by giving them mostly unfitting passives that don't make up for their relatively bad movement.
>>
>>376219457
Ruins is such a garbage map holy shit
>>
>>376219090
Thanks boyo
>>
>>376219862
amazing generic floating rocks and piss filter
>>
>core gameplay is perfect, because it's quake
>regardless of the logic behind it I'm not playing a game where I need to farm every day just to be able to play a better hero than everyone else
>eventually my hero will be ruined by meta-balancing patches as is common in shitty moba-esq class-based games
>laggy as fuck, constantly, no idea why, but even at 50ms it feels like I'm playing at 5 tick rate
>>
>>376212951
Having just as much fun as I was back in q3. It's fucking dope, can't wait until it releases. I was worried about the champions, but they're also fun and add some flavour to the game. Also if you're a shitter you can play a "tank" and not have to worry as much about movement.
>>
>>376219862
which is very useful in a """competitive title""".
>>
>>376221426
>I wanted QC to be just Quake 3 with nicer graphics
>And the option to put the graphics to minimum for smoother visuals
>>
>>376221606
too bad it didin't even manage to do that
we can never have anything nice
>>
>>376221786
Maybe because that would have been retarded.
>>
>>376221606
Yeah that would have been really good actually. Too bad we got shit instead lol
>>
>>376221136
>no idea why

I wonder if these people are serious when they say this.
>>
>>376221606
>want the same game with better graphics
>but want to have option to turn down the graphics so they look like old game
>so you want the same game
are you retarded?
>>
>>376212951
It's an absolute pile of steaming garbage. Just play Quake Live
>>
>>376221426
It is. Otherwise only the blind would want to compete.
>>
File: Ranger's Fucking Pissed.png (36KB, 683x536px) Image search: [Google]
Ranger's Fucking Pissed.png
36KB, 683x536px
It's still too much of an arena shooter to ever be popular. I'm decent at most shooters, at least better than the average shmuck, but the game still allows someone who's REALLY good to basically fly around the map taking everyone, camping your spawns, basically denying you from actually having a chance to play the game, which isn't fun and that shit isn't going to catch on to a mass or even a niche audience. People need a place to start to understand the game and why it can be fun, not just get dominated immediately and never learn what makes the game Quake.

On a more direct, comparison to other Quake levels, my only complaints are the stats for separate characters and the weapon damage. I don't know if lighter classes go faster, because all I've played are Nyx and Anarki and a tiny bit of Clutch, but Anarki and Nyx feel like fucking origami cranes that crumble the minute anyone with an SG, RL, or LG happens to see you. It feels like weapons do too much damage in general, almost like Quakeworld. I don't know if that's just my perception from playing squishier characters though. Oh also, I feel like instead of making three "shitty versions" of weapons they should have just made one good machine gun that actually is useful, because right now the basic MG, SG, and NG are all so fucking worthless you're better off using the gauntlet.
>>
>>376222268
That was the point I was making in case you haven't noticed.
>>
>>376221951
>>
>>376222403
It's an unbalanced mess. Coupled with shit hitboxes and netcode.

Stats should have never been a thing. Now we get Scalebearers wrecking everything.
>>
File: masterchief.jpg (116KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
masterchief.jpg
116KB, 660x495px
Doom Slayer when?
>>
>>376222403
> It feels like weapons do too much damage in general
I agree. Even if I manage to build a "stack" (can't even get 200/200 epic simply epic) I feel like I melt. Even if I win an encounter I'm left with barely any HP.
>>
>>376222753
Stats have always been a thing. You just didn't see them.
>>
File: 1307928245868.png (4KB, 243x190px) Image search: [Google]
1307928245868.png
4KB, 243x190px
I've been playing in the closed beta.
It's not very interesting nor is it very addicting.

It's just a simplified Quake with no new interesting mechanics to keep you playing.

It's good if you like Quake, but bad for everyone else who doesn't.
>>
>>376222873
how is it simplified? if anything stats and abilities add another layer of complexity to an otherwise simple afps
>>
>>376222767
already confirmed
>>
>>376222873
t. played one game and went 2 to 30
>>
>>376222403
>>376222802
you're just bad
>>
>>376222847
>>376222753
Even without the character classes the weapons are heavily unbalanced. It's not just that the basic weapons are useless, but I've never seen anyone use the SNG, so you can imagine how much you're gimping yourself if you pick the NG as part of your starting loadout. SSG can melt squishies without even requiring you to be point-blank, but the SG is worthless even at point-blank. The MG is the only starting weapon that you might pick up a kill with, but it's still way too weak, and even though there's an SMG, why would you ever pick that over the LG which is accurate, has amazing range for an LG, and does only slightly-less damage but with a faster ROF?

LG is like mid-tier I feel while RL, SSG, and RG run the show. The Railgun is the biggest offender I think, it does 80 damage base, which was balanced in QL, but can make squishies impossible to counterplay it here, while it does 100 damage when zoomed in, for some reason, making it one of the most consistently high-damage weapons in the game. If you're not playing a class with a lot of health, the RG is terrifying.
>>
>>376223384
>but I've never seen anyone use the SNG

It's a good gun.
>>
>>376223461
I really haven't played that much of the game, these are my impressions.

It's hard for me to be motivated to play it since the game demands I close my browser for some reason or it crashes.
>>
>>376223384
>while it does 100 damage when zoomed in, for some reason
I don't understand this but abusing it is too fun for me to care, especially when the match is being overrun by Nyx and Anarki
>>
File: 3.3_million_rustles.jpg (24KB, 300x286px) Image search: [Google]
3.3_million_rustles.jpg
24KB, 300x286px
>timing items is hard
Then play CA
>*no response*

Every time.
>>
File: Quake.gif (900KB, 342x277px) Image search: [Google]
Quake.gif
900KB, 342x277px
From my experience playing the beta, the game revolved way too heavily around getting the quad damage. Literally quad damage: the game.
>>
File: 912374712387.png (847KB, 1275x717px) Image search: [Google]
912374712387.png
847KB, 1275x717px
>>376223256
>2 to 30
That's physically impossible even if you tried.

>>376222980
"Simplified" might've been the wrong word. They should've went all out and included more abilities and individual weapons per class instead of half-assing them.

Reminder that Rapha plays Overwatch now.
>>
>>376223563
Well the basic weapons are useless because the first thing you should do when you spawn is get a weapon.

The basic weps you use are only for mild distractions, or if people are stupid enough to engage while having low health.
>>
I have never liked Quake as much as Tribes

Veterans having not only the aiming/moving advantage but also having 2x-3x a newbie's health because they know the maps and item timings is just too much of a barrier of entry
>>
>>376223675
Well, yeah. Is this a problem? If Quad helps win the game, then pick up quad. If you struggle to do so, then you need to improve elsewhere so you can contest it.
>>
>>376223686
>Reminder that Rapha plays Overwatch now.

He's dogshit too, isn't even grandmaster in ranked and has won 0 tournaments. He's been relegated to playing healslut for his team, used to play Zarya (a fragger role)
Quake players and their 'amazing' skill, lmao!
>>
>>376223708
Well if that's how it works then okay then, even though I disagree. I feel like the advantage having multiple weapons should give is versatility, not "being able to actually kill something." Then again I haven't ever made a game so I don't really have much say.
>>
>>376223675
>the game relies to heavily on people killing other people
>literally killing other people the game

This is what you sound like.
>>
>>376223675
Deathmatch is 'Get quad and your team wins automatically'
Duel is 'Get railgun and you win automatically'

I had hoped NuQuake would be less item-dependent, not more. I don't think it will be successful.
>>
>>376223716
this game will have matchmaking, so noobs and veterans will never actually see each other
>>
>>376223814
The problem is overwatch. The skill ceiling and skill floor are right next to each other. It takes 10 minutes to master a character and the only way to improve is your aim, which applies to any FPS ever.
Also, Rapha has never been a great aimer, he's a cerebral player, something Overwatch doesn't allow for.
>>
>>376223885
>the advantage having multiple weapons should give is versatility

Which it does. Just pick the weapons up nigga.
>>
git gud,
you'll be playing against 15-20y old veterans.
>>
File: crashQ.jpg (56KB, 736x1101px) Image search: [Google]
crashQ.jpg
56KB, 736x1101px
Crash when?
>>
>>376223965
>The skill ceiling and skill floor are right next to each other.
You have no idea what you're talking about. A 4500 SR Overwatch player assrapes a 4000 SR player.

>It takes 10 minutes to master a character and the only way to improve is your aim,
Wrong again. There are people who have been playing Reinhardt (a zero aim character - has only a melee attack that hits his entire screen) for hundreds of hours and they're in bronze, the lowest rank.

>he's a cerebral player, something Overwatch doesn't allow for.
See above. Reinhardt, tanks in general really, are 100% about game sense. Rapha played a tank for his team until he was booted off that role for having dogshit game sense.
>>
>>376223910
This games feels more Quakewold than Quake Live really.
I liked QL better.
>>
>>376223461

>SNG is good
Listen, nigga
http://imgur.com/a/SyF5V
First gif there, that's what's busted with RL.
Now take that, and apply it to every nail that's fired.
On top of that, realise it has roughly the same DPS as the LG even assuming you hit your shots.

What is the fucking point Id.

>>376224205

>I'm literally retarded and don't understand debate or game design
k
>>
>>376222753
weird cause all I see from good players is anarki dominating everyone
>>
File: 137725875344.jpg (43KB, 250x346px) Image search: [Google]
137725875344.jpg
43KB, 250x346px
>>376224438
>YOU'RE WRONG I'M RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK!!!!! Y-YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT!!!! RETARD ASS FUCK!!!!!!!! *shits and pisses and vomits all over myself from sheer rage* *the piss and vomit short circuits my keyboard* YIAWOEJWLYNWNLAYNJA

what did you mean by this?
>>
>>376224696
>making bait post
>posting pictures of Bill Cosby

go away
>>
File: 1479827922520.jpg (83KB, 577x624px) Image search: [Google]
1479827922520.jpg
83KB, 577x624px
>>376224438
>Now take that, and apply it to every nail that's fired.

Meaning no nail EVER hits.

Nice one anon, you really don't sound like a retard.
>>
>>376224438
Does this game not use cylinder hitboxes like in every Quake game ever?
>>
>>376224848
>Meaning no nail EVER hits.

Congratulations you literal chimp, you managed to follow a line of thought for the first time in your life.
>>
>>376224930
It's not made by id, it was outsourced to russian studio saber interactive
>>
>>376224930
It uses hexagon hitboxes
>>
>>376224984
Oh you were actually being serious?

>following lines of thought

There's no need to follow lines of thought from a retard who can't hit anything with a nail gun.
>>
>>376224205
>hundreds of hours and they're in bronze, the lowest rank.
this means that they are bad, not that the game takes skill.

>You have no idea what you're talking about
one could argue that overwatch is all game sense, and I really would not have the information to prove them wrong. But if someone were to argue that overwatch takes both game sense AND physical skill, they are just simply wrong. What I define as physical skill would be advanced mouse movements (see quake live, tf2 scout), player predicting in combat(see quake live, tf2 soldier, demo). The last thing, player prediction in combat, isnt a real thing due to the slow movement speed of all the heros and the black and white map design of where a certain hero is supposed to be.

A great example of a game that requires extreme physical skill is starcraft two. Watch the players of that game spend 1000s of hours perfecting the game and see their mouse and keyboard, and compare that to overwatch pros.
>>
>>376225152
Okay, you're just baiting at this point.

(You)
>>
>>376225152
Doesn't nail gun actually have the highest dps if you can aim? Feels like the strongest starting gun to me desu.
>>
File: confusion.png (4KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
confusion.png
4KB, 500x500px
>>376225162
>this means that they are bad, not that the game takes skill.

... Anonymous, for a player of a game to be able to be considered 'bad', that game must require skill. It's a prerequisite.
>>
>>376225152

Nice job insulting someone else anon.

>SAME DAMAGE as LG
>Projectiles have a random chance to ignore players per shot, almost more often than not
>LG is hitscan
also
>LG is far more commonplace, with up to three spawns on a map
>>
>>376225162
>starcraft two
Why not just cite Brood War man
>>
>>376225269
Nah anon, I don't really care if you respond or not. That was just an additional insult after I learned that you were a complete imbecile.
>>
File: 1493586707055.jpg (188KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493586707055.jpg
188KB, 600x800px
>>376225464
*tips fedora*
>>
File: the equivalent of a third nuke.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
the equivalent of a third nuke.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>376225162
>But if someone were to argue that overwatch takes both game sense AND physical skill, they are just simply wrong. What I define as physical skill would be advanced mouse movements

Get your gookclick idols to do this and report back to me please. I'll wait
>>
File: literalshit.png (102KB, 684x505px) Image search: [Google]
literalshit.png
102KB, 684x505px
>>376225310

Assuming 100% accuracy on a LAN or singleplayer environment yeah.
>>
>>376225342
>SAME DAMAGE as LG

12 =/= 7

>nice job insulting

It was actually a diagnosis, which is extended to you as well.
>>
I just wanted to post my impressions and now this thread has went to shit.
>>
I can't see it catching on. It wont attract a lot of newcomers because it's not Overwatch or CS:GO and old Quake players don't like anything new and stick to the old games anyway.
>>
>>376225594
>gookclick idols
Not him, but aren't gooks close to dominating Overwatch sooner or later anyways?
>>
>>376225628
>now this thread has went to shit

That's because /v/ is a shithole anon.
>>
>>376225827
They're doing well, the best team is still European

Anyway that's not important to his post because the Koreans in Overwatch aren't winning with crazy 'advanced mouse movements' like he said, they're winning by having good teamwork and chaining ultimates intelligently. There are zero good Korean fraggers/aimers, sometimes if you flub a bunch of shots in a high-level ranked match your teammates will yell 'nice korean aim' on the microphone
>>
>>376225310
>strongest starting gun

The nail gun is weak as piss. The SUPER nail gun, is the one that doesn't suck.
>>
>>376225612
I dunno how many people realize this, but if you zoom in with the Heavy Machine Gun its damage-per-bullet goes from 9 to 12

Zoomed HMG does 165 DPS
>>
>>376226038
Thanks for the insight. That's good to hear at least. It should stay that way. Tired of Koreans ruining everything (esports-wise).
>>
>>376222268
A modern game with graphics on low would still look way better than Q3. Also nobody plays Q3 and this game will have a lot of players during the first couple weeks before it dies.
>>
>>376226110

That too, which is utterly retarded.
Not like the HMG was OP or anything already in QL OH WAIT
This is why I refer to Id as "Id"
They all quit more or less after Quake anyway.
>>
Arena shooters have gone the way of disco, like Halo, which killed the arena, and then COD, which sent Halo the way of Arena.

TF2 stripped away the arena elements to its absolute bare essentials, and pretty much created the modern incarnation of the hero shooter.

We talk a big game, but it doesn't matter because the numbers will never be there. People are going to follow the money, and right now that's MOBAs, CS:GO and Overwatch.

It's going to a be novelty with some modest success at best, and I'm glad to bear witness to this FPS renaissance. But the world moved on. RTS's gave way to MOBA and 4X.

What Quake needs, and I fucking hate myself for saying this, is to get popular streamers behind it.
>>
File: 1492929957313.webm (3MB, 960x514px) Image search: [Google]
1492929957313.webm
3MB, 960x514px
>>
Accidentally killed myself a couple times rocket jumping, I'm too used to playing Madhouse.
>>
File: 1492929827663.webm (3MB, 1920x842px) Image search: [Google]
1492929827663.webm
3MB, 1920x842px
you literally cannot defend this
>>
WHERE'S MY GRENADE LAUNCHER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 950px-BUT_ITS_A_BETA.jpg (97KB, 950x394px) Image search: [Google]
950px-BUT_ITS_A_BETA.jpg
97KB, 950x394px
>>376216381
Sure it will, buddy.
>>
>can't even hide weapon from the screen
literally unplayable
>>
File: 300 ping.webm (3MB, 960x516px) Image search: [Google]
300 ping.webm
3MB, 960x516px
>>
>>376226875
With proper marketing the streamers will do it themselves. Blizzard made a heap of garbage salvaged from a trashed MMO and it still released with an extremely strong foothold because of how they advertised it.
>>
>>376216813
HUNTER
FUCKING
WHEN
>>
>>376227525
Welp. This kills the game.
>>
>>376212951
I just want a game like the original Quake with a bit more plot to it and some more mechanics.
>>
>>376223675
That is the whole point of DM you dummy.

Without it its just and unending homogenous meatgrinder

I dont agree with all the decisions in QC, but I agree that just doing Quake III HD is not going to work.Cant blame them for trying something different
>>
File: 1492955197614.png (26KB, 357x374px) Image search: [Google]
1492955197614.png
26KB, 357x374px
I love it, but have some issues with it:
>The performance is absolutely great on ultra 90% of the time. Rest of the time the game stutters like crazy or freezes for 5-10 seconds at a time
>The rocket launcher sucks donkey dicks with its firing latency
>Zooming does more damage with some of the weapons. I fucking hate this, since it forces you to make your fov narrow and slow down your pace
>You can't pick up the armor pieces the second they spawn, but instead you'll need to wait for them to become actual pick-ups
>The small cooldown between weapon switches. It shouldn't be instant, but the current cooldown is too god damn long
>Because there's no matchmaking currently, you get mixed with absolutely dog shit -tier scrubs or actually good players, the polarization seems to be pretty notable

On top of those, there are only a handful of maps and modes, but obviously that's going to change, as the game progresses.

Hell, I'm looking forward to this. Haven't been this hyped for a god damn multiplayer FPS-game for a loooooong time.
>>
>>376228773
ranked matchmaking*
>>
File: [confused HUUUH].gif (100KB, 805x540px) Image search: [Google]
[confused HUUUH].gif
100KB, 805x540px
>>376227959
>a bit more plot to it
>some more mechanics
>>
>>376221606
It basically is just like Quake 3 with nicer graphics. The abilities and stats are meaningless.
>>
File: 1351999324272.jpg (30KB, 251x376px) Image search: [Google]
1351999324272.jpg
30KB, 251x376px
>>376227525
and get a look at those uninspired weapon models

i wasn't full on expecting quake with just a new coat of paint but the reimagined weapons are generic and since this is free to play, the "old school" weapon skins will be for sale so it feels purposeful
>>
>>376229991
>classes with different stats
>abilities
>just like quake3
anon...
>>
File: Quake Champions Weapons.jpg (194KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Quake Champions Weapons.jpg
194KB, 1920x1080px
>>376230205
I'm a fan of The Dirt Devil and The Nozzle
>>
>>376230326
Dumb vacuum poster.
>>
why the fuck is everyone itt comparing it to overwatch? It's getting really annoying
>>
>>376230908
>literally classes and slowed down arenashooter
>not tf/overwatch
>>
>>376230908
>why the fuck is everyone is comparing it to the most popular FPS
Gee I wonder why.
>>
>>376231037
>overwatch

>tf

>arena shooter
>>
>>376230908
The most apparent similarity is the big "Ultimate" ability on the bottom of the screen assigned to a key.
>>
>>376230908
Its literally teh same game
>>
>>376230908
id started this shit by deciding quake is a hero shooter now and then suddenly they didn't want to fully commit to that idea, so the game in its current state is a clusterfuck that doesn't know what it wants to be. it has different characters, but they're all samey and with minor differences compared to any other hero shooter with clearly defined character roles. it's the same stale gameplay that failed to entice a large playerbase in quake live
>>
>>376231037
>>376231245
If you took away classes and abilities from Overwatch it still wouldn't be an arena shooter, it's a fundamentally different style of game.
>>
>>376230908
It was announced at Overwatch's height and was billed as a "hero" shooter.
>>
>>376230280
I mean, sure, if you disregard half of my post.

They're essentially meaningless, they have no real impact on the gameplay. Abilities are weak and on a very long timer and the stats, aside from passives that are literally meant to gimp overall mobility, are about as game-changing as a row of armor shards. It feels almost identical to Q3A gameplay-wise with some downgrades, which is exactly why it's going to fail - they didn't shake up arena enough.
>>
>>376213527
100% accuracy
>>
>>376216163
this so fucking much.
I just want to join a server and play round after round of the same mode. That is what I loved about old games, you just join a server and you're in the action. I could care less if my opponents are matched to my skill.
>>
>>376212951
game is fun, but it's going to die fast because of the loading times.

literally 5 minutes to launch the game on a HDD, 5 minutes to load on a HDD. 10 minutes to get into a game; why would I want to do that when I can fire up quake live and get into a game in under 30 seconds?
>>
>>376226875
>. RTS's gave way to MOBA and 4X.
4x was a thing since a long time.
>>
fotm as others have said.

The stat differences and active abilities will ensure the turbo autists who have been playing q3a and ql for the last decade will continue to do so, because "it's not REEEEALLLL QUAKE"

which I don't honestly mind, it's pretty different from how quake's been traditionally. active abilities kind of mindfuck me still, i've played in every beta for the last month and i'm still forgetting I have the telefrag.
>>
>>376216163
I came here to post this. I was never a Quake player, UT was my game, but one thing I love about old arena shooters (and most older games really) is the ability to just drop into a server and play.

It takes a frankly ridiculous amount of time to get into a match in this game .
>>
wow fucking epic
another "ITS QUAKE BUT WITH X, BUT X IS UNDERSTANDABLY NOT NEW GUNS OR POWERUPS/GAMEMODES"
>>
I get the whole point/intention behind differentiating everyone statwise/abilitywise, but did they really think that was going to be a notable draw when you're still trying to be more "arena" than "hero" shooter?
>>
>>376231830
>I could care less if my opponents are matched to my skill
Only an idiot would care in a free for all deathmatch. Also, the best way to learn how to duel, was joining a duel server, playing against better people and watch the duels of other skilled players, not getting paired with other shitters that don't know how to play.

Matchmaking is a mistake, but seems that the so called "gamers" need a MMR number tied to their name.
>>
File: 1469540703449.jpg (73KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469540703449.jpg
73KB, 600x450px
>>376212951
Doubt it will stand the test of time and be active for more than a year. Saying that, I really hope I'm wrong.
>>
>>376232250
You've got it wrong. They're trying to bring quake to a more hero state of mind, because that's what's popular.
>>
>>376230908
When it was Overwatch, everyone compared it to TF2.
>>
I don't see why so many people want it to go back to the old arena shooter days, all that was was whoever had the best map knowledge, had more armor, and had better twitch reflexes.

and if you were new it was like getting your ass kicked in a fighting game but way worse because it was faster and you couldn't even pick up a weapon or armor before getting btfo. it will only be fun for a niche, definitely won't be for beginners to the arena shooter genre
>>
>>376232250
They're doing a 'how do you do, fellow kids?' thing and failing.
>>
Private servers are trash for competitive FPS, your nostalgia goggles are on way too tight. The only games that benefit from private servers are community-based games like survival or sandbox games.
>>
>>376233085
No, you are just a retard. Why does Arena FPS = competitive FPS? The reason all these games fail is because they keep trying to make a fucking e-sport instead of a fun game.

The game should be fun first and competitive second.
>>
>>376214373
Those level 43's were playing with you just you started Quake champions you faggot. It's not like they were playing the game for fucking years on end and you just started playing you sperglord.

It has nothing to do with matchmatching, You and I are just shit and the old school Quake players are dominating the completely new and plebs of Quake, just like that guy you responded to said.
>>
>>376233085
Neo /v/, ladies and gents. Apparently low-tick, """ranked""" matchmaking servers are all these poor children know. It's like stockholm syndrome.
>>
Is the game toaster friendly?
>>
>>376233837
it requires 2gb vram minimum if you want to run it at 1080p. hardly toaster friendly
>>
>>376233625
>they keep trying to make a fucking e-sport instead of a fun game
Funny enough, the games made "for fun", like Quake 3, Starcraft or Dota (just a fun custom map) became the big esports. Meanwhile, the "we want the esports audience" game are all dead. Seems that devs and idiots never learn the lesson.
>>
>>376234053
Huh? Seems like any game with some sort of ranked mode is thriving right now.
>>
>>376234143
Like Evolve, For honor or HotS?
>>
>>376234053
a hundred times this. esports garbage is always a tiny minority of players.
>>
File: 1491475685184.png (205KB, 1120x492px) Image search: [Google]
1491475685184.png
205KB, 1120x492px
>>376233837
The release version is supposed to be, but right now, no it's not.
>>
File: 1488115895478.jpg (203KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1488115895478.jpg
203KB, 800x1200px
>>376212951
>Will it save the series or doom it?

This depends.
How much emphasis and development will go into making new "champions" with unique skills and balancing the health, armor, and speed?

If they ditch that bullshit and focus on core gameplay and promote the classic play where there are no individual skills or other character changes then it might do really well. If they become a fast paced Overwatch and suggest to players to play characters based on skill? It's done for.
>>
>>376234236
Like CSGO, DotA 2, League of Legends, H1Z1, Overwatch, Rocket League, Hearthstone, Rainbow Six: Siege and actually, HotS is doing quite well right now. But yes, Evolve and For Honor failed hard, Evolve wasn't a good competitive game let alone a good game and For Honor was plagued with poor technical choices.
>>
>>376234774
>Evolve
>single vs multiple competitive game
what a terrible idea
why not make it duo vs multiple or some shit, could've made some great branches with monster teams and hunter teams
but noo, muh single vs multiple
>>
>>376234774
>Like CSGO
Not made as an esport.
>DotA 2
Are you legally retarded?
>League of Legends
Guess is doing fine.
>H1Z1
Is that shit even an esport? Do they make tournaments?
>Hearthstone
Not made as an esport.
>Rainbow Six: Siege
Again, when is the next tournament?
>>
>>376234774
>H1Z1
>Rainbow Six: Siege
>HotS

Nobody cares about the "esport" part of these games.

>CS
>DotA
>Rocket League

These became esports because they were good games with huge communities. They weren't designed to be esports.
>>
File: 1487259584471.jpg (58KB, 631x630px) Image search: [Google]
1487259584471.jpg
58KB, 631x630px
>all the stupidity in this thread
Entertaining to read at least.
>>
>>376235072
>Not made as an esport.
>>
>>376235072
>>376235438

So in other words, a game is only 'designed for esports' if you say it is and having a competitive ranked mode which the game is balanced around is no indication that a game is designed to be played competitively.

And here I thought 4chan was 18+.
>>
>>376235720
>get told
>"I'll better post le old troll faec" from my favorite subreddit

>>376235804
So, every game with a ranked mode is an esports now? Guess that's confirms that you are legally retarded.

Pro tip: Quake 3, Starcraft, CS and Dota didn't had ranked modes.
>>
>>376235438
>Nobody cares about the "esport" part of these games.

Nigger, H1Z1's last tournament was broadcast live on TV. Some NEET from /v/ who doesn't care about something isn't evidence that nobody cares about it.
>>
>>376236004
Yes, every game with a ranked mode is competitive. That's the whole purpose of a ranked mode no matter how much you cry about it, kiddo.
>>
>>376236148
>I can't tell the difference between "competitive" and "esports"
OK then.
>>
>>376236004
>So, every game with a ranked mode is an esports now?

It's certainly more indicative of a game being competitive than some nerd on the internet saying it isn't in an attempt to move a goal post in an argument.
>>
>>376236219
>difference between "competitive" and "esports"

Oh boy, this one is going to be good. I'll wait for the explanation, senpai.
>>
File: 1425034382606.jpg (55KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1425034382606.jpg
55KB, 768x576px
>>376236004
>CSGO
>Not made as an esport
>>
>>376236371
Guess he means CS, same for Dota 2 or the new Broodwar HD.
>>
File: 108087-impressive.png (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
108087-impressive.png
12KB, 200x200px
>>376213527
>>
>>376236371
This. Wasn't the whole draw of CSGO that it came with ranked matchmaking?
>>
>>376236371
csgo is primarily an online casino
>>
I'm a professional Morrowind player. Feels good.
>>
>>376236485
>Developers in the 90s didn't have the foresight of how big competitive gaming would get let alone the infrastructure and funds to facilitate ranked matchmaking with servers across the globe

Whoaaaa mind = blown
>>
>>376236760
Yeah, is amazing how it leads directly to >>376234053, right?
>>
File: 1404493434265.gif (1MB, 292x278px) Image search: [Google]
1404493434265.gif
1MB, 292x278px
>>376236529
>>
File: 91813-jx4WRxDM5a0.jpg (75KB, 336x630px) Image search: [Google]
91813-jx4WRxDM5a0.jpg
75KB, 336x630px
COOLLER IS THE MOST BASED PRO PLAYER

Man I remember him being a tiny kid together with Unkind when they went to WCG.

Those were the days.
>>
>>376236760
>let alone the infrastructure and funds to facilitate ranked matchmaking with servers across the globe
Like Bnet? Yeah, guess that didn't happened.
>>
>>376237112
>he thinks servers were hosted by Blizzard

He really is underage! Sad!
>>
File: ti6_compendium_update.jpg (310KB, 810x550px) Image search: [Google]
ti6_compendium_update.jpg
310KB, 810x550px
>>376235072
>>DotA 2
>Are you legally retarded?

Are you telling that Dota is not esports?

What? http://www.esportsearnings.com/games/231-dota-2

$20,000,000 prize pool for the international 2016.
>>
>>376237189
And hows that related to ranked games? Guess your parents were dating during the 90s.
>>
>>376237232
Don't bother, he's some retarded kid who thinks games are only competitive if he likes them
>>
File: slash.png (99KB, 392x307px) Image search: [Google]
slash.png
99KB, 392x307px
if u play overwatch after qc comes out you have a slim boner and a small dick but if you play qc then you have a fat boner and a big dick

u know its true
>>
>>376237319

Holy shit, your age is dropping faster with every post LOL
>>
>>376237232
So, that was the plan of that "not Icefraud" guy that made the original dota map? Then why he left the project? Guess he hates money.
>>
>>376237031
I like him more than Rapha.
Coollers playstyle is also more interesting to watch.
>stands still for a second and then sends a rocket on its midair-course
Hnng
>>
>>376236742
any tips for archers?
>>
>>376219101

there are speedcaps (which you an break with rj) on everyone except Visor but the mechanics arent restricted, circle/strafejumping is there and everyone has some degree of slight aircontrol (with Sorlag and Anarki having full bhop)
>>
>>376212951
Made me want to play Tribes or Unreal Tournament.

Games with actual variety.
>>
>>376230205
You can buy skins to make the weapons look like versions from previous games, but yeah im not a fan of the default design.
>>
Why does nobody play Clutch?
>>
>>376237432
>bnet didn't had ladders
Oh crap, you got me trapped in my web of lies!
>>
>>376237473
Eul didn't create DotA 2.
>>
>>376237624
Dota wasn't made to be an esport, that's the point.
>>
>>376237607

bc they dont know about his hidden vroom vroom ability yet

he gains speed by just holding W but if you do a mouse movement like a circlejump nice and smooth in a 180 at the same time he breaks his speed cap and goes fast
>>
>>376237607
massive hitbox and the netcode makes the shield unreliable
>>
>>376237615
>first says Starcraft was never made to be competitive
>then goes on to say Starcraft had ladders, therefor making it competitive.

You did this yourself, kiddo. Checkmate.
>>
>>376237607
HUGE hit box and rail zoom dmg does not give a fuck about health, so easy to rail spam down to and easy to lightning gun down because LG has crazy range and big fat clutch can do much about it

>muh rein sheild
makes him a take dmg then run stack repeate champion
>>
>>376237814
It's so broken. I love it.

>>376237860
Really? I've been tearing ass with him. His shield is perfect.
>>
>>376237908
First I said that Starcraft wasn't made to be an esport, then you went full retard.
>>
>>376237762
>moves the goalpost from competitive to 'made to be competitive'
>moves the goalpost from DotA 2 to DotA

They didn't make goalpost moving competitive, but that sure as hell didn't stop you.
>>
>>376238041
>Starcraft wasn't made to be an esport
>Has ladders
Underage detected
>>
>>376237382
You're so late that someone created an anti-fat boner pasta.
>>
I'm getting flashbacks to a year ago; when Overwatch was in beta and people on /v/ were saying it had no chance of success, and they couldn't wait to see this """tf2 clone""" crash and burn.
As a Quake veteran, I'm enjoying QC, it has all the movement capabilities, and most of the weapons from Q3, and I don't really mind the champion abilities because they barely impact the game at all.

This is something that brainlets who haven't played the game will have a hard time seeing, but it's true.

The game needed to try to do something different; arena shooters don't sell on their own anymore, and anyone who denies this fact is fucking delusional. I'm satisfied with the game atm, but I'd like to see more content, an emphasis on weapon balance over champion balance, and a server browser; if they can add these 3 things, it will be GOTY.
>>
>>376238059
>>moves the goalpost from competitive to 'made to be competitive'
Find one of my post saying that I dare you. If you can't, we'll assume you are a retard that can't follow backlinks.

>>376238148
Anon please. Pretending to be retarded is still shitposting.
>>
>>376238203

was 2 busy gtting in some frags before servers go down so i failed yall today

but no big deal we all know the truth deep in our hearts so no worries my man, i will not relent, we in this together in this lifestyle
>>
I just want another Quake 1 again, just some more Shub'Niggurath and shit
>>
My dream of a Quake 1 sequel will never come true it seems.
>>
>>376218818

Need to make an argument in the first place.
>>
File: 1486352422618.jpg (72KB, 312x306px) Image search: [Google]
1486352422618.jpg
72KB, 312x306px
>>376238365

That was an interesting shift with Overwatch. Everything switched as soon as everyone played the beta. Then, as /v/ does, switched back.
>>
>>376213527
Didn't you say this about CSGO? Or did you backpedal about it already
>>
>>376238772
>4 hours and half late
You really told him, reddit-spacing guy.
>>
File: quack1.gif (2MB, 637x370px) Image search: [Google]
quack1.gif
2MB, 637x370px
>>376238663
In a world where Wolfenstein and Doom made got-tier comebacks, I think new Quake is pretty likely.

Champions already has some lore about the arenas being linked to Old Gods. So Cthulhu shit would probably be more likely than stroggs.
>>
>>376218845

sounds like you have a shitty computer
>>
>>376221136

If a game is laggy when your internet isn't laggy, it's probably because your computer's hardware is struggling to play the game smoothly.
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.