[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Minecraft story mode about chinaman on a space station with ghosts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: shit2017.jpg (71KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shit2017.jpg
71KB, 1280x720px
Minecraft story mode about chinaman on a space station with ghosts

Proove me wrong.

Why hasn't Arkane's trashmachine been shut down yet? Nothing they have done since their inception was even marginaly good. And was only successful among the underaged COD-fans with no extensive cultural backlog or experiences of older classics Arkane failed to mimic right.
>>
Quick question op what's the 2nd main story quest?
>>
File: 778878787.jpg (70KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
778878787.jpg
70KB, 330x319px
>>376205218
>asshurt Prey2fag
>>
>>376205218
Quick question OP, how do you escape the space station?
>>
Hello is this contrarian central?
#FuckBethesda #NotMyPrey
Do I fit in?
>>
>>376205218
I tried the demo and I had to turn it off halfway through.

I've never been that bothered by sound design in games, which is normally a good thing since you're never supposed to notice it as it's own separate piece. It's supposed to enhance an experience subtly but in this game?

Oh jesus my ears every time you get within 20ft of a fucking mimic. It's like a jump-scare sting someone remixed into a 10hr long joke youtube video. I'd kill one of the fuckers only for the music to keep playing and I'd be hunting the area just to make it stop. Or I'd just leave and not explore or scavenge for anything.

How the hell did that make it into the game? They should have no sound queues when a mimic was nearby to keep you guessing and on edge, instead they went with a fucking vuvuzela chorus.
>>
>>376205757
The PS4 Demo? Apparently the music in it was amped up to 200% or some shit. It's not that loud in the final game.

I'm serious.
>>
>>376205505
No. Now go back to ribbit.
>>
File: Prey Demo.jpg (416KB, 1041x1072px) Image search: [Google]
Prey Demo.jpg
416KB, 1041x1072px
>>376205876
Holy shit.

How do you fuck up a demo that badly?
>>
>>376205876
kek hi marketer
>>
>>376205218

I love the original System Shocks, Thiefs, Deus Ex, and Ultima games.

I also love Dishonored and Prey 2017.

If fact, I'd say that Prey 2017 is one of the best games I've ever played.

I'd especially consider /v/ to appreciate the game, what with its' high design emphasis on player agency (an aspect of game design which /v/ rightfully won't shut up about).
>>
>>376205218
thats...actually sound interesting and original
>>
>>376206852
>"oh yeah let's just throw dishonored into my post"
kek hi marketer
>>
>>376205218

>Chris Avellone finally wrote a game that isn't needlessly verbose

well holy shit
>>
>>376205218
It's selling like shit, I guarantee there will be a demo and it will be on sale in a couple of months.
>>
>>376207361
>70k in 2 days
>set to eclipse Prey (2006) 85k+ within a couple of days
/Hm./
>>
Some friend told me it tried to be reminiscent from shit like System Shock in termes of ambiance.
Is it true ? If that's the case it would be a nice thing.
>>
File: 1493755521274.jpg (42KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493755521274.jpg
42KB, 300x300px
>>376207571
>85k+

didn't the original prey sell over a million?
>>
>>376207571
you're joking right? you think 70k in the most profitable timeframe is good?

Do you have any idea how much money these games take to create?
>>
>>376207772
Going by the Steam version yeah. Far as I'm aware, 360 and PC of Prey 06 only did a Million combined and the PC version was a late port ar that . I can't imagine the PC SKU having more than 200k total.
>>
>>376207889
I don't think you can determine a game flopping when it's less than a couple of days old on the market.

Yeah Arkane games usually flop but that's the nature of the genre. Usually bolstered in sale longevity by good word of mouth or """""accolades.""""

Even DOOM underperformed
>>
>>376208129
you do know that there was a time when steam didn't sell anything outside of valve made games right?

it got released like a year later on steam and you can't even buy it anymore
>>
>>376208348
It still got a late port on Windows though, even before the steam version!

That said you're right about rhe delisting thing
>>
>>376205218
>Proove me wrong
How can we pro(o)ve a subjective interpretation wrong? Are you retarded?
>>
File: prey.jpg (100KB, 274x893px) Image search: [Google]
prey.jpg
100KB, 274x893px
>>376208481
?
>>
>>376207361
>>376207571
>>376207772
>>376207889
>>376208187

Let's do some math here.

Seeing as how the game costs $60 to purchase, and has sold about 1 million so far (combining PC and console sales), we can then multiply 60 by 1 million to get the total profits.

That comes out to $60,000,000.

So unless the game cost more than 60 million to make, that's a profit.

For point of comparison, not even Half-Life 2 or L.A. Noire cost 60 million to make.
>>
>>376208585
Alt-facts
>>
>>376208656
What about the publishing fees, engine licensing fees that are deducted from the retail sku price????
>>
>>376209086

The costs I mentioned for HL2 and LA Noire included marketing/publishing bullshit.

By the way, motherfuckign World of Warcraft is another one case where EVEN THAT GAME didn't cost 60 mill to make.
>>
>>376208187
>Even DOOM underperformed
Actually no, it had strong legs and sold very good due to word of mouth on singleplayer campaign. Demon sales came very quickly mostly because Bethesda tried to populate multiplayer and sell shity season pass.
>>
>>376209217
>very good
It's "very well", Donald.
>>
>>376209397
English isn't my first language so very much appreciated
>>
>>376209502
Yeah, "good" is an adjective and "well" can be an adverb. So if you are saying what something did, e.g., "sold", you would want to use "well". So no prob. It's like when people say they aren't feeling good. It really should be "not feeling well" but it's just so common that people use it naturally.
>>
>>376209193
I was about to say ToRtanic even fell short by 10million, but turns out it cost 150 not 50.
>>
do those immersive sims type of games even sell?
mankind divided had a much higher players peak on steam, sold 650k so far and thats pc only, and its considered a flop, prey is most definitely a flop sales wise..
its sad that those type of games sell like shit, no wonder why they're rare
>>
>>376205218
>Why hasn't Arkane's trashmachine been shut down yet?
CLEARLY you never dealt with the whole 'all in' mentality, even if something is clearly not a good idea, if a person has invested enough time, money, and effort in, they will continue to beat their head against a brick wall until either A) it somehow works, B) they realize it is not gonna happen (usually after far more time, money, and effort was wasted to the point even all but the most deranged would notice) or C) it kills them.
>>
>>376208656
>and has sold about 1 million so far

Where can you get stats like this so early?
>>
>>376210013
Oh wait. You're not talking about anything in game you're talking about the actual game company.
>>
The most important question: has this game got too much pandering to leftists? i consider dishonored 2 is vaginafest
>>
>>376210049

Oh shit, sorry, I should have mentioned my math on that part.

The most recent analysis on the subject which I could fine stated that that the ratio of digital sales to physical copy sales is 13:12 (here's the link: www.theesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ESA-Essential-Facts-2015.pdf)

As other anons have mentioned, the steam stats place Prey at about 70K owners on steam, but just for posterity I'll still cite my course on that: https://steamspy.com/app/480490

Since there are 12 physical copies sold for ever 13 digital copies sold, this means that there have been about 64,615 physical copies of Prey sold.

If this math is to be taken as exact, that'd be well OVER 1 million, but since this is all just estimates based on GENERALIZING stats, I played it safe and said 1 million.
>>
>>376210106

No, it's actually pretty brutal on all sides if you really dig into the alternate history scattered around the world building.

For instance, this alternate history does show how much more rapidly space exploration could have advanced if the industrialized world had worked together instead of competing, but it also goes over many of the evils which were not prevented in this timeline since American hegemony was not present.
>>
>>376209829

Sometimes they do. Human Revolution sold much better than the publisher ever expected.
>>
>>376205218
>Nothing they have done since their inception was even marginaly good
I liked Arx Fatalis.
>>
>>376209662
how the fuck does tor cost that much?
>>
>>376206708
>proven wrong by the post right above you

damn, are you alright ?
>>
>>376209829
>do those immersive sims type of games even sell?

They seem to have a curse recently of having peripheral bullshit going on that hurts the sales a lot.

Like everything that happened with the new Deus Ex or all the performance issues of Dishonored 2.

It's a shame because I feel like a game with the design heritage of Prey could have broken 1.5 million on PC pretty easily. It's just a perfect storm of bullshit

>Bethesda no reviews policy
>people burned by Dishonored 2
>no PC demo which makes it look like they're hiding performance issues when it's actually pretty flawless
>the confusion with the name when they could have just called it Typhon or something and not have any of the bullshit surrounding it
>>
>>376210802
>the evils which were not prevented in this timeline since American hegemony was not present

such evils like genociding gooks and kickstart islamic fundametalism? :^)
>>
>>376205218
>Proove me wrong.
Prove is written with only one "o", and that is a fact.

There.
>>
So is this game balls to the walls hard or is it just me? Keep in mind Im not using any alien powers bar the mimic ability
>>
>>376211643
it is indeed because of the shit ton of damage enemies can dish out without cooldown on anything and they generally have better mobility than you.
just avoid fight with big enemies for as long as you can.
>>
>>376211643
i throw them everything i can find, red barrels, fridges, boxes
guns are shit in most cases
>>
>>376205946
only ledditors are raising a shit fit about prey 2, sequel to a game they never played

non-ledditors stopped caring years ago, if they even did in the first place

just like half-life 3
>>
>>376211643
It's not too hard, even on nightmare, you have to take your time, reload all your weapons and prepare the terrain before fighting phantoms and higher.
>>
So is this basically just Dishonored in a space station?
>>
>>376214827
No, it's more like a horror-fps-rpg, think the first Bioshock with good gunplay.
>>
>>376215035
>good gunplay
I like the game, but I'm not really feeling the guns.
>>
so typhons already took over earth and the talos people are all that's left?

well alex and then the other people's minds in operators
>>
>>376215141
Yeah, good gameplay would be more fitting.
Still, I find the shotgun to be meaty as fuck.
>>
This game makes me happy in my pants.
>>
>>376215885
kek never knew you could do this
>>
>>376215885
i fucking hate electricity in the game
one hit and more than half of your health bar is gone
>>
>>376216812
Those are ethereal type, Anon. They're insane-fast, and only do melee damage, their best dealt with at range, as they leave a puddle of ethereal material when they die that hurts like a bitch. Problem is, they close the gap between you and them with their phantom shifting ability.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.