[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dawn of War 3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 76

File: header.jpg (41KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
41KB, 460x215px
I'm trying really, really hard to like this game, and it was fun for the novelty of it being 40k for the first few hours, but the more I play the more I get disappointed with various features, included and not. This game is a proper mess, it will need more than an expansion or two to properly fix it.
>>
Are there any good post-release videos showing off what the different races play like?
I'm still on the fence.
>>
>>376205062
>I get disappointed with various features, included and not
Which exactly?

I'm tempted to buy it but I keep hearing incredibly varied opinions so now I don't know.
>>
>>376205381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7sTX66PsTs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSgNGit4I3w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0DP9d7ozZ0
>>
I think the game will maybe be a success properly when they offer it as a bundled set with its first 1/2 expansions and with 30+ maps.

People don't understand just how many maps the original game had, even not considering mods it was nearly 50 maps.
>>
>>376205967
>open first video
>3 lanes
>I'm going down mid
LAMAO
>>
>>376206295
You're blaming the game for the player's absolute and utter lack of knowledge on how to play the damn game.

It's like going to Seton's Clutch and saying "I take water, fuck everything in the middle, that's soleley on you!"... i.e a surefire way to lose the game as the opposite side will simply use the navy to decimate your farthest player and win since owning the mid of the map means tons of scrap means win.
>>
>>376206470
that'd not an excuse to have Mobs maps in an RTS, which is more of a moba than an rts at this point.
>>
File: 1475342688555.png (264KB, 300x345px) Image search: [Google]
1475342688555.png
264KB, 300x345px
>>376205062
>Open stetamspy to see sales
>Look at tags
>MOBA
>>
>make a MOBA
>call it an rts and pretend its dow3 to piggyback on the success of the dow1
Fuck those cunts, and fuck you for buying it, stop giving shitters money
>>
>>376205814
>not enough maps
>only one vs mode and no free-for-all battles
>barebones unit selection
>some units races used to have normally are now elites, hope you didn't like having more than one stormboyz or warp spiders at once
>game is buggy to all hell, crashes everywhere and some units don't even work properly like Meganobz
>focus on multiplayer yet there's barely any content for it and the balance is horrendous
>>
>>376207970
>barebones unit selection
It has more units than both DoW1 and DoW2.
>>
Why is there so much wrong in this game?
>lascannons are green/yellow pulse lasers
Like what the fuck is that?
>>
File: 1494100151680.png (78KB, 1002x718px) Image search: [Google]
1494100151680.png
78KB, 1002x718px
>Dawn of War 3 thread
>>
>>376205967
My faourite DoW2 caster did some videos on DoW3. Watched him instead.
>>
>>376208439
And god does it look boring.
>>
>>376208439
>>376208531
Post 'em.
>>
Man, dawn of war has had a rough life, with its sequels always getting shit on and all
Each one has their positives and negatives
>>
File: 1468649683780.gif (2MB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
1468649683780.gif
2MB, 426x240px
NO SYNC KILLS NO BUY

[also only 3 factions, shitty artstyle, barebones base building, dlc out the ass, dumbed down mechanics, no buy/spoiler]
>>
File: 1420564161649.gif (607KB, 187x220px) Image search: [Google]
1420564161649.gif
607KB, 187x220px
>>376205967
>Eldar player who did nothing but build Rangers and rush Taldeer
>calls the other player a coward and bad
>he wins the game anyway
This right here is the only thing you need to see to stay the hell away from this game forever.
>>
>>376209002
https://www.youtube.com/user/DoWReplaysNet/videos
>>
>>376208401
Most of the people who were defending the game the hardest on steam no longer player it (or never bought it after saying they were going to)
>>
People that like 40k and RTS play it and enjoy it.
People that are either:
>too poor to buy $60 game
>don't really like 40k
>don't really like RTS
are whining and nitpicking on the forums. Nothing fucking new. RTS genre is dead for a reason.

>inb4 DUDE MOBA LMAO
kill yourselves
>>
>>376205814
If you're after a fun multiplayer experience the game is pretty good.
If you're after an interesting campaign don't buy, its not terrible but it's nothing special.

Having played a fuckton of Dota/LoL/HotS I laughed at the Moba comparisons because the game is obviously not a moba. But the more I play the more i've come to see it in the pacing of the game.
Early game is basically farming/jostling for position and harrassment and you can't realisticly finish an opponent until 15-20 mins into the game.
With most units having active abilities theres big opportunities to out play with micro at every stage of the game. Yes, Elites are powerful but everyone has them and using them well is part of the game, they can be taken down with smart play from equivalent standard units rather quickly.
The maps all have some kind of assymetry to them, so them being somewhat smaller or laney just focuses the fighting, It's not like there arent plenty of positioning options with them.
As much as I didnt like the artstyle or voice at first they've grown on me somewhat, Orks are done pretty damn well and feel proper orky.
Only 3 races but all 3 feel completely different and the options with elites and doctrines really let you focus your play style, I think everyone will come around to this game once some more races are introduced. I just hope that each introduced race has enough unique and interesting mechanics to come with it.
>>
>>376211005
I love the game but I have no illusions that this game will be a hit now or in the future.

I'm just a bit sad a relatively decent game at worse is ignored as a travestt
>>
>>376211615
>Only 3 races but all 3 feel completely different
Don't agree. The factions are surface level different. Compare the 3 races in starcraft to the 3 races here and you can clearly see the greater difference in mechanics and play styles that starcraft has. For a game with only 3 races at the start, the differences between them are very very small. All 3 have the same kinds of buildings that do virtually the same thing. Same kinds of upgrades and unit types. Devastators=dark reapers=lootas for example. The only real differences are just slight tweeks to what the army can do. The most unique mechanic is the ork's use of scrap, but even that just feels tacked on as something extra to spice them up.

Of course Elites and doctrines help with this. Mainly the Elites, but even so, that isn't really an excuse for 3 factions that are on the surface level very similar in play style and build order. It's like saying your choice of Hero in Warcraft 3 would be enough to make up for the factions playing the same. It just isn't enough.

This isn't something new though. It's something I think Relic has struggled with since DoW1. They let the lore and unit diversity of 40k dictate the play style of the faction, and the result is samey factions. It makes sense because the tabletop game is like this. Each faction has similar units for the same positions they need to fill. The difference, is that in the tabletop game the stats and amount of dice you roll play differently mechanically in real time, than here. Relic hasn't realized to ignore these similarities, and forfeit some of the lore and similar units, in favor of unique faction gameplay.

I'm not hating on the game btw, I actually liked it and finished the campaign on hard yesterday. I have no doubt it will be good in the future when more factions are released to make up for this lack of diversity, but as it stands a very good rts player could learn all 3 of these factions and their strengths and weaknesses pretty fast.
>>
>>376213016
Furthermore, I don't think the strengths of the DoW games were ever faction diversity, it was just the cool shit you could make and throw at the enemy.

One last problem I think DoW3 has is with it's internal faction playstyles. The fact is, that in long games, you WILL have access to building everything your faction has. Each faction just doesn't have that many options for builds and play styles within them without factoring in the elites. This means every long game, you will get access to whatever units you need to counter play the opponent. You will build virtually the same buildings and opening units. etc. To offer another comparison to the tabletop, you technically have access to all these units, but the points limit of your army determines what kind of army you bring or don't bring. You can't just change on the fly, mid match, and change your army composition either here.
>>
>>376205967
why there are no imperial guards?
the fuck?
>>
>>376208401
>>376211005
yeah
http://steamcharts.com/app/285190#1m
rip

the MOBA mode could have been, well, a fun mode for multiplayer. but fuck me don't make it the norm.

SC2 also has custom maps and modes all around while having a normal RTS multiplayer by default.
>>
>>376213016
>devastators=dark reapers=lootas
Which devastators? There's two types, for starters.
>scrap
I'd say eldar battle focus shields play a much bigger role in gameplay than scrap
>same buildings
SC2 also has buildings for each faction that recruit a certain troop type each. Otherwise a webway gate is not the same thing as a WAAAGH tower and the SM have no such building type at all. At best you can claim similar buildings only because there are few building types in general.
>>
>>376214131
I hope you aren't arguing that Dawn of War 3 has the same or greater differences in faction mechanics than SCII. Because that would be really dumb.
>>
>>376214131
Im the poster he orginally replied to but: devastators-las = tankbustas devastators-heay bolters = lootas
Pretty much apples to apples there.

Scrap is huge, a mechanic that allow orcs to upgrade any of their units or allows grots to build cheaper units or cheaper waagh towers.
I don't think players are taking advantage of building things out of scrap as they should be. Eldar shields are a good mechanic but they're nowhere near as versatile as scrap.

The unit equivalent and structure differences are rather minimal, but throw em all together + the different elites/doctrines and unique mechanics of each race and I think they're different enough to allow focus on mastering each of the races.

As I said before, I just hope that any introduced races have enough interesting mechanics of their own to not share any space with the existing races.
>>
File: FUCKYOU.jpg (131KB, 267x267px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKYOU.jpg
131KB, 267x267px
Fuck you guys. Everyone of you pretends to be RTS fans, but all you do is masturbate to your ten year old RTS games without really giving a shit about whats new. Starcraft 2 fixed its initial match-up problems that it had back in WOL. Did you guys come back to play? Nope. Company Of Heroes 2 removed its dumb shit, and is now far more balanced and has match-ups with more than just the main two factions thus being better than COH1 in every way. Did you guys care? Nope. Dawn Of War 3 tried something completely different with the RTS genre with insane amount of individual unit customization through doctrines, a totally different strategic pacing/approach required to achieve goals, and bringing another fresh role for buildings in an RTS. Did you guys like the most recent game with potential to revive the genre? Nope.

You guys aren't actual RTS fans, just nostalgia fags dickriding the same old games from the early-mid 2000s. Feel free to pretend to be actual RTS fans if the delusion helps make you feel better, but in reality your pretensions are only cancer to the genre. So maybe it's better if you kill yourselves.
>>
My take on it is this, I feel that the faction champions are a good idea, I like the army troop bonuses.
- Base building does feel bare, I wasn't really expecting it to be a DoW 1 HD anyway regardless.
- I feel like they should've put in a ton of win-condition varieties into the game as DoW 1 had, perhaps maps could have different capture point layouts based on that, I really don't like the destroy the ancient/nexus thing.
- Adding more races is a given but that should come after the win conditions change.
>>
File: 1390375306690.jpg (67KB, 850x484px) Image search: [Google]
1390375306690.jpg
67KB, 850x484px
>3 races
>Moba mechanics
>dislike the art style
>>
>50% of your fanbase wants a DoW1 copy
>the other 50% want a DoW2 copy
>"lol lets make a shitty amalgam of both that panders to neither?!?!?! xD xD"

Retarded developers deserve to fail.
>>
>>376206561
>>376206295
Are you fucking retarded? Lane maps have existed in RTS games for ages.
>>
File: 1490046898313.gif (281KB, 332x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490046898313.gif
281KB, 332x400px
>>376215698
>mfw it's more entretaining to watch two squads of units meleeing each other to death in DoW1/2 than it is to watch a whole match of DoW3
>>
>Enjoying the game
>Smile when i see autists get enraged that people enjoy the game.

Honestly though, somethings wrong with the DOW fanbase.
>>
File: _______________.jpg (49KB, 499x468px) Image search: [Google]
_______________.jpg
49KB, 499x468px
>>376216261
>watch a fight
>in RTS
>not micro/macro while sending units to harass on the other side of the map
fags like you are why RTS is dead.
just kill yourself
>>
Playing Imperial Fortress is amazing.
>>
>>376216568
He could be talkig about recorded matches on youtube.

It does make sense, because the DoW2: Elite mod videos of Indrid are great fun, while his videos of DoW3 are boring as fuck.
>>
>>376217186
He only shows games of shit players so far. If you want to see interesting games, watch any replays/videos from either of the last ESL tournaments.
If I saw a bunch of morons play SC2, I wouldn't be impressed either.
>>
>>376217186
Actually his vids of DOW3 are good, the 3v3 is one of his best.
>>
>>376217372
In fact he did just put some up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0RaTgyzTbw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih3NJo2-AnM
>>
File: dow3.png (235KB, 745x773px) Image search: [Google]
dow3.png
235KB, 745x773px
>1,5 week old game already with only 2,5k more players than 4 year old CoH2
It's not as bad of a game as some would like you to believe, but it's just rather boring. Bland and unexciting.
>>
>>376217696
Currently, the balance is shit and maps are boring. Also casualfags beat the campaign and are done for now.
>>
I'm gonna wait like 7 years for it to drop to 10 bucks on sale with expansions, I refuse to pay anything more for what is essentially an unfinished game.
>>
File: 1484495584333.jpg (16KB, 480x451px) Image search: [Google]
1484495584333.jpg
16KB, 480x451px
>>376216568
No
RTS is dead because faggots like you keep trying to inject esports into them every chance you get.
You are the cancer, remove yourself.
>>
It's ok I guess. The campaign is ho-hum at best, only 3 races, no maps, only one moba inspired mode and nothing else.
>>
>>376217954
>playing the game properly is esports now
Really now faggot? What's next, you're going to advocate turtling in RTS?
Fuck off
>>
>>376217916
this
>>
>>376217823
>Currently, the balance is shit

This. There's not nearly enough units and build variation. Orcs are just shit and SM basically have to go ASMs since TSMs and scouts are garbage.

Almost every fucking game it's ASM spam or some faggot Eldar abusing broken doctrines.
>>
>>376215019
>>376213016
did you guys look at damage typing? it has a similar damage type to W3, as an example.

Dark reapers, for example, do true damage. las cannon devastators are waaaaaay different. and heavy bolter teams are similar shooting, but isn't true damage. This is just one example, but it's like marines HB/LC have more choice for higher cost, eldar dark reapers have less choice, less (anti-tank) damage, but rapid fire true damage.
>>
also i've played Dota1, Dota2, LoL, HotS, HoN and a fe wother moba's here and there. I like them and DoW3 doesn't play like a MOBA at all.
>>
>>376218859
MOBA became the buzzword of "RTS I don't like"
But I concede that Relic should have put more modes on multiplayer.
>>
>>376214717
But they do? They're not the same mechanically.
>>
>>376217696
Tbh CoH2 already have shitloads of DLC released for it so I'm not surprised that it maintained that number.
>>
File: 1492279966761.jpg (24KB, 600x312px) Image search: [Google]
1492279966761.jpg
24KB, 600x312px
the snowballing is real
>>
>>376205062
I got up to like mission 14 in the campaign. It was boring as shit. I miss wargear. I miss leveling. Fuck army doctrines and the elite XP progression.
At least I'm having fun with Prey though.
>>
File: _12.jpg (139KB, 1000x722px) Image search: [Google]
_12.jpg
139KB, 1000x722px
>tfw you fell for the DOW3 meme
>>
>>376220604
how could you?
it wasn't even a bait and switch, and you also had Steam reviews... why?!
>>
>>376211419
>you should eat shit because i said so xDDD
get cancer and fuck off
>>
>>376205062
>I'm trying really, really hard to like this game
I decided on launch day that by the looks of it, even if I tried hard enough, I wouldn't be able to manage that with the current state of this game.
I still really want to buy and like it. But before they don't release at least one major fucking expansion and a ton of gameplay tuning, I don't really see me playing it for 60 dollars worth of hours.
>>
controlling more than 1 unit is too hard honestly

specially early game where units are precious
>>
File: 1459935320980.jpg (69KB, 938x477px) Image search: [Google]
1459935320980.jpg
69KB, 938x477px
>>376221142
the beta was fun and I thought there would be more game modes/a good campaign
>>
>not waiting for its super duper special deluxe edition to go on sale
>>
>>376221456
>I don't like change so no one else is allowed to either
You are the cancer, retard. Just kill yourself or go play your console trash games.
>>
>>376221757
>change is always good lmao
neck yourself
>>
Games a piece of trash, it plays way to slow for a fucking game with such babied mechanics. I'm just gonna keep playing coh2, I can't believe that the developer can get away with it

>one game mode
>under 10 maps
And fuck my life the god damn mirror matches, the amount of fucking 1v1's I played mirrored was insane
>>
>>376222095
>it plays way to slow for a fucking game with such babied mechanics.
Are you fucking turtleman? The game is faster than CoH2 sluggish movement. The skimmer alone prove your argument null.
>>
>Most of the people who dont like it are DoW 1 compstompers.

That alone tells you what is really going on.
>>
>>376221852
>change is always good
How is it not, retard? That is literally how everything in life works. Just more proof that you are a waste of air.
>>
>>376205062
Orkz, as usual, have the best campaign
>"boss, we made the gun insult the enemy so they don't fight so good"
>>
>>376222283
I'd like to think I played quite actively. What I mean to say is nothing really seems to happen, my actions just seem ehhh. Oh look a mirror match, space marines headbut marathon
>>
>>376207970
>>not enough maps
more maps will come just like for coh2, also there is map editor, broken one but if they fix it you will have shitload of maps and you already have at least 10 maps to play (including my maps ;))
>>only one vs mode and no free-for-all battles
they will prob add more modes along with expansions
>>barebones unit selection
better than dow2 that's for sure, a bit worse for than dow1
>>some units races used to have normally are now elites, hope you didn't like having more than one stormboyz or warp spiders at once
that sucks but that was core design of dow3
>>game is buggy to all hell, crashes everywhere and some units don't even work properly like Meganobz
had 5 crashes and mostly while testing world builder maps so not that bad, wut? explain how they don't work
>>focus on multiplayer yet there's barely any content for it and the balance is horrendous
farming elites is content bro, balance is shit for eldars while rest is pretty balanced
>>
>>376222661
What the fuck does that even mean?
Almost every unit have one ability that you can use, some times more.
A-moving your blob around loses you the game.
You have a ton of options about what to attack and where.
watch >>376217645 and educate yourself if you don't know how to play the game before spouting shit.
>>
>>376222594
>All change is good

That is fucking mental
>>
>>376222594
Okay, kill yourself, that will be great change
>>
All I want is to play races other than Space Marines, Eldar, and Orcs

I want to swarm the map with nids
I want to build huge tanks and pulverize my enemy with basilisks
>>
File: changeisscarydesu.jpg (72KB, 497x547px) Image search: [Google]
changeisscarydesu.jpg
72KB, 497x547px
>>376223490
>>376223554
nice argument, now go back to your consoles
>>
>>376222594
>That is literally how everything in life works
l3onlyL3pretendtobel3retardedface.jpg ;^)
>>
File: Da Ork Life.jpg (510KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Da Ork Life.jpg
510KB, 1000x1000px
>>376222659
>Gorgutz complains that the cogitators don't work.
>Wazzmakka says he has to hack it.
>"Hack it...alright boyz, get yer choppas!"
>It works anyway.
>>
so Chaos and Necrons are next?
>>
>>376224073
yep, necron teaster by the end of campaign, and in last "last stand" like mission you had to fight vs chaos daemons
>>
>>376224073
>Necrons.
Sure.
>Chaos.
Yep.

I hope they put IG too.
>>
>>376224073
Yes, looks like it. Campaign has lots of hints to both.
>>
>>376223042
>maps/modes arguments
>But they'll patch it!.jpg
>>
File: 1483724550842.jpg (106KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1483724550842.jpg
106KB, 601x601px
IT'S NOT A MOBA
>"ok guys I'm taking mid"
IT'S A FUCKING RTS COMBINING THE BEST POINTS OF 1 AND 2
>"alright I'm hiding in the bushes, going to gank the enemy hero"
IT HAS BASE BUILDING SO STOP CALLING IT A MOBA
>"the right lane's tower is almost gone, get ready to push"
GO BACK TO YOUR BLOBFESTS YOU FAGGOTS
>"just get a little more dps on the enemy power core and we'll win this!"
>>
>>376224457
That is literally how it went with both previous DoW games.
>He doesn't remember that DoW2 had 5 maps on release and no 2v2 mode
>>
>>376223907
>Make a sandwich
>Change the bread for shit
>This is better because change is always good
>That is literally how everything in life works
>>
>>376221570
They told you in interviews this was the only game mode on launch.
I mean it's really shit but they told you.
>>
>>376224575
I'm not saying it won't happen, I'm saying it's a retarded counter argument to why it's not a problem for the base game.
>>
>>376224576
>make autistic comment
>get ridiculed
>continue with a completely retarded analogy
>think it makes any sense or proves his point
just kill yourself retard
>>
>>376224701
The game could definitely use more development time and content. No one is arguing that the game is perfect or doesn't have issues.
These issues can be easily fixed by patches and expansions, however.
>>
>>376224576
>make food analogy
>food is changed from good food to moldy food
>eat food analogy anyway
>die
>>
File: 1472829771888.gif (2MB, 320x218px) Image search: [Google]
1472829771888.gif
2MB, 320x218px
>>376209401
no sync kills? None at all?
>>
>>376225693
>wanting your units be stuck doing le ebin animation that you can't stop or control
>>
>>376209401
Add to that you can't rotate camera.
>>
>>376222661
ASMs are the only early game space marine unit that actually does damage. It's a known bug that will be fixed at the end of the month.
>>
File: 2499436487.jpg (48KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
2499436487.jpg
48KB, 599x563px
>>376226275
>shit balance is a bug
did they even playtest this?
>>
>>376225934
>not wanting cool flavour in a genre that is 90% flavour

NUT MUH ESPORTS
>>
File: 1442765966497.jpg (20KB, 298x297px) Image search: [Google]
1442765966497.jpg
20KB, 298x297px
>>376218434
>play the beta
>post 'guys ASM is OP, balance is shit'
>everyone calls me out
>'the game is fine'
>get numbers to prove it or GTFO
>don't really care so whatever
>game comes out
>ASM is OP
>mfw
>>
File: 1494097828872.jpg (93KB, 313x382px) Image search: [Google]
1494097828872.jpg
93KB, 313x382px
>>376225934
crushing orcs with dreadnoughts was the best part of DOW1
>>
>>376226481
Relic is retarded and the "play testers" are the developers and interns. They're all absolute shit at the game and Amanda wanted to play it with a fucking Xbox controller.
>>
Train tactical marines, shoota boyz or dire avengers, big mistake boy these are just fodder that dies easily to elites and melee.
>>
>>376221568
Half the game for me in beta was resetting control groups.
It's a real pain in the ass, I wish they would've come up with a system that auto managed that somehow. But then maybe I would've eventually started to use that bar at the bottom more over time.
>>
>>376221708
But I am waiting for this game to come out of early access in two years.
>>
Has Relic done anything good since CoH1?
>>
>>376226647
>one autist agrees with me!

Personally i find plasma tacs just fine.
>>
>>376227193
You know balance is gonna be complete ass when the first people to get access to the early builds are entirely journalists and shitty e-celebs that can give zero relevant feedback. "Woah, when I deployed that titan. Just woah. Yeah the game was fun for 20 minutes. Be sure to like and subscribe and support me on Patreon!"
>>
File: download.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>376216914
oh neat, someone posted it again.
>>
File: 1418764416915.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1418764416915.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>376223980
>the gitfinder
>>
as long as u don't blob up like a retard Elites go down super ez. Except for Titans, but that's because they're Titans.
Gorkanaut 4 lyfe
>>
>>376229392
They also had a bunch of "pros" from DoW2. General concensus was the game is hard to control but had good ideas.
>>
game is a lot harder than 1 and 2 and ability damage is very high

an early fuck up can cost a lot
>>
>>376229471
Sadly it is kinda correct.
>>
>>376229560
>They also had a bunch of "pros" from DoW2

No, the beta keys were randomly assigned I've met a lot of complete retards that I know when playing in them.

>General concensus was the game is hard to control but had good ideas.

The fuck am I reading the game has 0 good ideas and is simplistic as fuck.
>>
File: beepboop.png (3MB, 1280x2880px) Image search: [Google]
beepboop.png
3MB, 1280x2880px
>>376229527
>>376223980
>taking revenge on multiple Ronny's
>>
>>376229731
The game is harder to play than 1 when elites hit the ground.

When your entire army can evaporate 1 second of not watching the battle screen you need to rethink the design.
>>
>>376229747
why?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (20KB, 479x123px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
20KB, 479x123px
>>376223042
>pretty balanced

stop fucking lying faggot. the game is beyond broken in the balance department. there are multitudes of useless doctrines and only a few actually good ones, tactical marines and devastators are literally useless, while assaults are game breakingly powerful

cheap, early game elites can 1 shot entire armies and there is significant input lag overshadowing the whole thing. stop talking out of your ass.
>>
>>376229915
>Having your all your units in one place in the first place
>not scouting your enemies every move
>>
File: 1419574935232.jpg (29KB, 369x392px) Image search: [Google]
1419574935232.jpg
29KB, 369x392px
>Diomedes wanted to drop everything to board the Inquisitor's ship himself to kill him for revenge
The campaign does have its little moments that made me smile.
>>
>>376230143
Outside off Striking Scorpions and Wierdboy teleport I don't see many balance problems.
>>
>>376229560
Pro at DoW 2 is like being a pro at some shitty Angry Birds clone. Players like VindicareX and BikeRush are trash at RTS games they just play "competitively" in casual games nobody cares about. Vindi was stuck in silver in SC2 for months.
>>
File: stateofthegame.png (260KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
stateofthegame.png
260KB, 600x600px
>>376205062
>all the pros from DoW1&2 are playing the game and loving it
>casuals are relentlessly shitposting about player count, campaign, sync kills, base defenses, etc.
what a time to be alive
>>
>>376229958
because it is absolutely true
>>
>>376230691
>not Korean tier so it's shit

Starcraft it's the only RTS with a real pro scene and pros play only the game that get them money.
>>
>>376230175
>Implying this will save you from Nigga Orion and his Floating Prison Rape
>>
>>376230691
Vindi was trash at dow2 and coh2 as well though, bikerush is good even if he played like shit yesterday, he was the top CNC and grey goo player.
>>
>>376230691
DoW1 sure are world famous RTS superstars
>>
to be honest waiting for the inevitable chaos+IG expansion as well as hopefully some not shit game modes before buying
>>
>>376226054
See, I thought I knew all the little details that this game didn't get right and then you go and tell me that.
>>
>>376230961
Literally 1 health upgrade and they don't instantly evaporate. This is why it is hard to take this sort of criticism seriously. Especially since you have 6 minutes to do it, which is ages in RTS games.
>>
>>376231121
> top grey goo player

lmao Destiny and HuK farmed him repeatedly and they only fooled around with the game for a week. He was a top CnC player because he started playing it competitively years after everyone moved to SC2 and other games.
>>
>>376205062
I don't know what people expected. I'm actually surprised I've seen it played as much as I have. The original devs (dow1) haven't been with the studio for a while now.
>>
>>376215816
Weird, haven't heard about them before dotas
>>
>>376231636
It's actually impressive what I've seen, I've 50 got people on my friend list who hardcore played dow1/2 coh1/2 even at their worst points and of those about 10 are hardcores shills for dow3, well turns out that I maybe see them playing a couple of hours every 3 days.
>>
File: 1447006063735.jpg (13KB, 292x215px) Image search: [Google]
1447006063735.jpg
13KB, 292x215px
>>376205967

>If you don't have friends online or in real life...sucks for you, you're going to have a horrible time

Game is bland and doesn't know what it wants to be. There's not enough base-building to really be strategic and the units are so fragile that it is hard to be that tactical. Maybe once more races are released and there's some serious changes the game will be worth it, but until then just go play the other DoWs or Total Warhammer
>>
>>376210878
>Indrid

mah nigga
I'm still a year or so behind all his replays but watching them is great. Interested to hear what he thinks of DoW3
>>
>>376230691
Then what about Edtjuh and Holyhammer? Holyhammer was good at 1v1 and same with Edtjuh, also he was super good in 2v2. Didn't lose a game in 1v1/2v2 tournaments.
Explain that.
Elite is just filled with casuals now. Any proper pro has already left and won't bother going back to Dow3, due to it being absolutely shitty.
Almost everybody i talk to that played 1 and 2, doesnt like 3.
>>
>>376230695
>all the pros from DoW1&2 are playing the game and loving it
name some nigga
>>
>>376232170
>He doesn't like it

Also that fat fuck of an EZ_Incontrole is playing/commentating this game. Wtf happened to him?!
>>
>>376230775
How so? what makes it more true than any other hot /tg/ opinion?
>>
>>376230175
>trying to move anywhere on a small lane map
>>
Where did all the pro DoW3 shills go to?

It was funny to see them scream in every single thread and call people who had negative opinions of the game "shills" and that they "haven't played it" and dismiss anyones argument, no matter how well thought out it was.

Now the game is out and most peoples general opinion is that it's not very good and there's barely anything there they all seem to have vanished.
>>
>>376232589
Off the top of my head, Nurland and Max Power had nice things to say. Admittedly i don't know that many.
>>
>>376225934
>not wanting your units stuck in doing cool shit
Do you even 40K?
>>
>>376232859
games alright anon, it's not the dawn of war we hoped for, but it shows promise nonetheless.
>>
File: 20170422140700_1.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170422140700_1.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
>>376232859
Right here shill.

Game is fine, you're just acting like an autist.
>>
File: 101010.png (2KB, 314x49px) Image search: [Google]
101010.png
2KB, 314x49px
>>376232896
>Max Power
>pro

lol
>>
>>376232896
No they didn't lol
>>
>>376205062
What irks me the most is the fact that they ask 60 fucking eurobux for this shitbag devoid of content. Are they even trying anymore?

Rising Storm 2 is 21€ on preorder right now and will be a complete game.
>>
>>376232692

He plays the 40k tabletop so he likes the games. Personally, I hate Games Workshop jewish practices and refuse to support them.
>>
>>376232992
>game is fine
>losing more than 50% of your playerbase in the first week

http://steamcharts.com/app/285190

HELLO NO MAN'S SKY MY OLD FRIEND...
>>
>>376230691
Elite Mod took more skill than DoW1 though.
>>
>>376232589
Just look at the ESL tournament participants. It is all well-known DOW1/2 players.

>>376232859
People are either playing the game and having fun or shitposting about it. It is all pretty simple.
>>
>>376232990
>it's not the dawn of war we hoped for
Then it sucks, simple as that.

>>376233113
Amen
>>
>>376233115
>Implying 90% DoW players aren't just in it for campaign/compstomp.
>>
>>376232170
He has decent insight into the game which makes his replays good and spells out enough for them to be educational to newer players. Also he isn't a faggot like a lot of other casters.

>>376232692
He doesn't dislike it. Doesn't praise it either.
>>
File: anothergame.png (280KB, 1006x733px) Image search: [Google]
anothergame.png
280KB, 1006x733px
will we get a winner this time?
>>
>>376233323
Are you implying the game is good for a competitive crowd?

Because the lack of a ladder at launch would prove you immediately wrong.
>>
>>376233056
wut?
>>
>>376233394
Greg was invited to their studio and did some major shilling. He's contractually bound to withhold harsh criticism.
>>
>>376233020
>>376233056
Not him, but Indrid quoted them in his video on DoW3 and their opinions were mixed bags.
>>
File: masterrace.gif (178KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
masterrace.gif
178KB, 375x375px
Post yfw DoW3 gets overshadowed by the starcraft HD remaster.
>>
>>376232859
Because all dow threads are complete trash and filled with with people shitposting about any fucking thing.
As far i know it's the same shit since dow2. It's just don't worth opening the thread because I already know 90% of the memes posted in it.

I am pretty sure you fags were shitposting about different dow1 expansion 10years ago too.
>>
>>376232515
>Undefeated in random forum tournaments where no money is on the line
>Explain that.

They're super try hard in extremely unbalanced casual games that nobody cares about. If they want to label themselves as "pro" RTS players then they should be playing Starcraft. That's the only RTS that has a professional scene worth discussing.
>>
>>376233489
I am saying that it will have low player count just like all the other DoW games. It is a niche game in an already niche/dead genre.
There is no possibility of having tournaments with large prize pool like SC1/2 already has, so why would anyone wanting to be competitive waste their time with it?
>>
>>376232692
He's a huge 40k fan so he plays it for that reason alone. He isn't some delusional retard that is trying to play it competitively.
>>
>>376233998
>I am saying that it will have low player count just like all the other DoW games.

Considering they went for the moba-style gameplay to attract a larger crowd and it has failed to appeal to the hardcore fans that would stick to relic's games regardless of how bullshit the balance/bugs were I don't expect this game to have the current dow1 pop within the next 3 months.
>>
>>376233959
>They're super try hard in extremely unbalanced casual games that nobody cares about.

So...the koreans?
>>
I want Ultimate Apocalypse HD
>>
>>376233176
I will only speak from Dow2 perspective.
>Trojan, dadok, aki (harkonen), fahu, n0ava (kek, raging gypsy), adila, vindicare, paperbag
Only one who was good during a certain time was Aki. The rest were just soso-bad. These people never won a tournament, only after all the proper pros left.

>>376233959
>where no money is on the line
This game is niche, but if you play long enough to know all the stats, in's and outs, tactics - whatever and win non-stop, you are a pro. Also there were tournaments with money on the line, trips 'n stuff, so to some degree it was pretty good.
Don't compare everything to SC2, that shit was forced as fuck. Now look where it is.
>>
>>376234241
Probably not, sine DoW1 is even more casual-friendly and is literally the RTS for people that hate RTS.
I never expected DoW2 to be liked, but here we are and many absolutely love it.
>>
>>376234505
>Also there were tournaments with money on the line

$20 ESL cups don't count.

>Don't compare everything to SC2, that shit was forced as fuck. Now look where it is.

It's still 100x more popular than every DoW/CoH game combined.
>>
>>376232992
Is the Zappnoggin top hat his elite skin?
>>
>>376234873
>Gamereplay tournament with 500-1000 dollar
>Dow2live with their 200-500 dollar tournaments
>Russian, french, korean, american 100-1000 dollar
Shit was there, but it only stayed there for a year or two. Then it went to the 20-50-100 dollar tournaments every week/month. Still good enough for a hardcore niche game.

>It's still 100x more popular than every DoW/CoH game combined.
Sure, doesn't make it better though. I prefer Supcom, Dow/Coh or even zero hour over SC2. Heck, give me sc1.
>>
File: R_map_6p_judgment_of_carrion.png (138KB, 476x476px) Image search: [Google]
R_map_6p_judgment_of_carrion.png
138KB, 476x476px
>>376231905
I guess you didint play dow2: the moba
>>
File: R_map_6p_argus_desert_gate.png (79KB, 238x238px) Image search: [Google]
R_map_6p_argus_desert_gate.png
79KB, 238x238px
>>376231905
here is another moba map
>>
>>376205967
looks like this game is absolute 100% pure trash beyond salvation
>>
>>376235507
>>376235297
imagin being THIS buttmad so you miss the point THIS fucking hard
>>
>>376234873
>popularity = quality
you have to be over 18 to post here
>>
>>376205062

Why would you force yourself to like a dead game?
>>
>>376235678
> claiming to be a pro at a very unpopular casual game

kys. I remember when VindicareX was "sponsored" by the hair salon his mother works at. What a pro.
>>
>>376235507
That maps was pretty cool though. And the thing walls you see on the middle/left are all breakable.

But I understand you are trolling the morons in this thread, so carry on.
>>
File: wake-up-happy-couple.jpg (116KB, 948x632px) Image search: [Google]
wake-up-happy-couple.jpg
116KB, 948x632px
>>376235851
hah, when was this?
>>
>>376230143

I only played the beta but the Ork doctrines seemed like total garbage compared to the other factions, is this still true in the final game?
>>
>>376236218
When Chaos Rising was released.
>>
>>376236373
Yes, they have the worst doctrines in the game.
Balance in this game is fucked up and pretty much everyone is already using the same doctrine build. They do have a patch coming out in a few days so it might change.
>>
>>376236483
Oh, during that time he was nothing. He could only abuse Chaos (BC) or SM (Lightning claws) during that time. Basically shit that was OP or broken, same as what i am seeing now on Indrid with the ESL tournaments.
Damn i miss the good old times.
>>
>>376236620
The patch in a few days is only a few bug fixes. The balance patch isn't happening until towards the end of the month.

This game is going to go the way of Battlefleet Gothic where the game will be completely dead before these retards developers decide to fix the insanely obvious balance problems.
>>
>>376234505
>got matched against paperbag in ranked match during retribution
>he lost his sluggas and his stormboyz in T1
>won easy
>told me that he was just having the worst time with this game anymore
That was pretty funny. He's playing DOW 3 now?
>>
>>376236983
From the ESL page, seems so ...
>>
>>376236983
He's abusing striking scorpions every game.
>>
>>376236929
So basically this game won't get good at least for weeks, if not months, and by that time most people will stop caring. Same as every DoW before. I guess Relic never learns.
>>
>>376234505
Pro or professional is someone who gets paid/earns living doing something. If you dont get paid you are not pro.
>>
>>376237323
How are Striking Scorpions abusable?
>>
>>376238165
They do insane damage for 2 elite point unit and melt buildings, such as shield generators for easy money/advantage.
>>
>>376237586
At least past DOW games could keep people around with campaign.
>>
>>376237323
Realistically how much of a commitment to regular balance patches can we hope from Relic ?
Nearly two weeks now.
>>376238165
Cheap melee elite with insane dps, true damage crits that can jump and stealth out of combat while having great mobility thanks to webgates. Need I say more ?
>>
>>376238165
He probably mean webway abuse.

SS are "OP" just because they can destroy building in early game.
>>
File: imgres.png (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.png
2KB, 225x225px
Good thing i waiyed for /ourguy/ verdict, before ive decided to buy it.

Good thing I've still have Dark Crusade.
>>
File: Dow2_eld_wraithguard_01.jpg (311KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dow2_eld_wraithguard_01.jpg
311KB, 1152x720px
>>376208354
Also the wraithguards' guns now fire blobs of energy instead of lightning-esque rays.

Although I don't know the fluff behind these weapons so I can't tell which is more accurate.
But it's one hell of a difference.
>>
File: ork theme.jpg (503KB, 1453x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ork theme.jpg
503KB, 1453x2000px
>>
>>376238950
DoW3 version is actually more accurate, but I wish the projectile moved a bit faster.
>>
File: 1455070222656.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1455070222656.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>376239181
It actually sounds pretty good when you look it up.
>>
File: ORKZ.jpg (180KB, 1024x922px) Image search: [Google]
ORKZ.jpg
180KB, 1024x922px
>>376239181
>>376239456
Ork Theme is definitely the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQvGuSHMbMc
>>
>>376239716
Haven't played the game, but it sounds like orks are particularly well done in DOW3. Also heard their campaign missions are fun as fuck.
>>
>>376240884
Orks are done fairly well and their campaign missions are among the best. They're shit tier in multiplayer though and are free wins for any moderately competent Eldar player.
>>
>>376240884
Ork voices are kind of hit or miss, but overall I would say they were done well. Waagh tower mechanic in particular is incredibly fun to use.
I hope you understand that most of dow3 criticism is really just nitpicking and the game isn't that bad, people just wanted it to be the best DoW and it sadly isn't (yet).
>>
>>376232010
seems like they spent all their time on super units hoping they'd be so flashy nobody would notice the game is bad
>>
>>376239181
I love this image. I notice something new about this every time I see it.
>>
>>376240884
Orks is definitely where all the great writing and fun mechanics went to. Some of their unit voices can be hit or miss, but I like how they tried to go away from all the orks having the same voice type like they always do in all other media that has them.
>>
File: 1493744111711.jpg (98KB, 1280x970px) Image search: [Google]
1493744111711.jpg
98KB, 1280x970px
>Only one lewd pic in the entire thread
>It's CC

Is 40k the most criminally underused franchise in terms of porn? Of all the things to go for, it's always Orks with dicks or Daemons fucking Guardswomen, Eldar, or SoBs. Even the 'Nids are pretty lacking on the porn front.
>>
File: 79566242.jpg (157KB, 800x805px) Image search: [Google]
79566242.jpg
157KB, 800x805px
>>376241670
The game sounds like a mixed bag.

Resource management is pretty terrible, as far as I can gather, and then there are balance issues. And stuff like missing sync kills and proper cover (besides those bubbles) is a bummer, although not a deal-breaker.

On the other hand, the MOBA accusations are just exaggerations, and the late part of MP matches apparently speeds up resource accumulation so players can still get to pop out big armies and create large battles.
>>
File: sheniiidsyouanon.jpg (133KB, 959x600px) Image search: [Google]
sheniiidsyouanon.jpg
133KB, 959x600px
>>376243283
We are too busy raging and having feels for porn to be appropriate to post.
>>
>>376238482
Patch for performance issues tomorrow, balance patch "later this month". Id say probably another 2 weeks, optimistically.

https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/12003/monday-is-patchday
>>
That final boss is pretty tough. What do I do with him? Flame walls of endless fucking death keep mudering me.
>>
File: 638px-Macha_8.png (38KB, 638x600px) Image search: [Google]
638px-Macha_8.png
38KB, 638x600px
>>376243283
I for one am disappointed in the lack of Macha, but that's because /tg/ is a No-fun town now.
>>
>>376243529
This. The biggest issue in the Beta for me were people leaving 3v3s early because of a mild opening, and the best game was easily an hour-long match where both teams actually went at it.
>>
>>376244272
>Tfw got a fetish for Elves and Elf Proxies from /tg/

It has its good threads on occasion.
>>
>>376244101
>Patch for performance issues tomorrow
Thank god. I know people aren't hit with it very often, but I lacked luck and my game is hella unstable and crash prone.
>>
File: macha.jpg (91KB, 519x707px) Image search: [Google]
macha.jpg
91KB, 519x707px
>>376244227
Stun him with macha, use abilities more since they stun him or git gud.
I finished it on hard, but it took a few tries.
>>
>>376244407
>AGP threads.
>That one Tau thread that got derailed into a reboot of Love & Krieg.
>When the LCB short movie came out.
Those are the ones I remember now.
>>
File: 1483019843810.png (306KB, 618x616px) Image search: [Google]
1483019843810.png
306KB, 618x616px
>Chasing Beauty and Walking Giants on Hard
>>
>>376208401

I didn't buy DoW 3 because it looks like fucking shit, but I don't really understand the point of these images. I feel like the numbers really don't mean anything when they haven't stabilized yet. Aren't drop-offs always steep in the first month of a game's release?
>>
what's up with lascannon devs in this game, why do they have the dumb charge up time before they can do any damage when every other race is just instant? their damage is awful even fully charged too. there is no good SM AV besides land speeder meltas until you get to tier3 for predators. while every other race gets cheap as fuck AV units with no power cost that do more damage and fire instantly.
>>
File: 111.jpg (368KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
111.jpg
368KB, 850x850px
>>376243283
>Is 40k the most criminally underused franchise in terms of porn?
It is.
It really really is.

For a franchise as widely known (and also actually popular, I like to think), there's a stunningly small amount of porn out there.

And I will always welcome lewds of Cultist-chan.
>>
>>376244946
If you think that's hard, wait till you see last mission.

>>376245095
They have insane range and scale well with upgrades.
>>
>>376215392

I didn't want an amazing RTS game from Relic, I wanted an amazing Warhammer 40,000 game.
>>
>>376245370
and then you got neither lmao
>>
>>376217372
The ESL tournaments have been casted by him, and they're fucking shit.

The "grand final" matches between VIndicareX and the other dude put me to sleep last night.
>>
>>376245364
Tankbustas and wraithguard have the same range. Upgrades are useless for them, they are totally outclassed in tier3 when you can get max upgrades, it takes forever to kill anything with them unless you have like 6 squads of them and that's assuming your opponent is a drooling retard who won't micro his unit out of range when he sees it's being attacked by AV. Meanwhile wraithguards, tankbustas and killa kans can all destroy vehicles in one or two salvos right out of the gate with no upgrades.
>>
>>376218251
>imply something
>get mad when you get implyed back
You fuck off nigger, enjoy your ded game
>>
>>376245604
>The "grand final" matches between VIndicareX and the other dude put me to sleep last night.
blame ESL seeding, there were lots of good matches before the grand finals.
>>
>>376239291

lol, no they aren't. They fire like fucking flamer templates dude. They don't fire little gobs of energy.
>>
File: 1296539182161.jpg (3KB, 83x120px) Image search: [Google]
1296539182161.jpg
3KB, 83x120px
>>376245364
Getting to destroying the tractor beam part with a decently sized team all depended on my luck of having Diomedes proc his heal on crits and constantly crit, while holding out against Kyre's bullshit army of unending units while I barely had any and didn't have enough resources to build up a good force(or any force at all because Eldar shit is expensive) was hell.
>>
>>376245520

It's true. I'm mad as fuck.
>>
>>376243283
i could always use more Kitten/Shadowsun pics.

The most canon of couples
>>
>>376244272
>There's one Macha X Gabriel lewd.
>There's none SOB X Howling Banshee.
Truly this is the grimdarkest timeline.
>>
>>376246817
Is Kitten a canon character or just TTS's own thing? I never quite understood.
>>
>>376247223
TTS's own thing.
>>
>>376247223
Totally their OC but a good one.
>>
>>376247272
>>376247337
Gotcha. Thanks.
>>
>>376247185
We might have /aco/ but not really changed that much for us.

40k might not be in stasis in the fluff front anymore, but the perv scene still is as dead as the Emperor.
>>
>beat opponent, good evenly matched game, he says gg wp before he ffs
>don't see or hear it cause the text is so small and im listening to music until the game over screen after he left so its too late to reply
feels bad
>>
>>376246817
NOT
>>
>>376238950
They should shoot out a small ball of energy that makes a basketball sized chunk of what it hits stop existing in the material world.
Also looking at the explosion can drive men insane.
>>
>>376241514
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn-UPdsAAUs

Orks just take skill and kunning
>>
File: 875.jpg (66KB, 410x305px) Image search: [Google]
875.jpg
66KB, 410x305px
>>376248712
>makes a basketball sized chunk of what it hits stop existing in the material world
Fucking space elf technology, man...
>>
i cant wait for them to make tacs usable.
>>
>>376248362
this I wish text chat to be bigger
>>
File: dawn of war.png (3MB, 1624x2423px) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war.png
3MB, 1624x2423px
>>376205062
>He fell for the DoW3 meme
You only have yourself to blame
>>
>>376249172
Soulstorm poster again with you and your bad taste!
>>
>>376249172
you forced me to make a new filter
>>
>>376248362
>beat opponent, good evenly matched game, he says gg wp
More like
>opponent builds nothing but Rangers and calls you a coward but wins the game anyway because loleldar
>>
>>376249379
Spot the dow3 marketer
>>
>>376249379
>>376249443
Fuck off plebbit
t. Another guy mildly disappointed by DOW2 and EXTREMELY disappointed by DOW3
>>
>>376249830
>Having basic critical skills makes me a sega marketer

Okay buddy
>>
File: 524385_6034821.jpg (80KB, 649x281px) Image search: [Google]
524385_6034821.jpg
80KB, 649x281px
>>376249830
That image is even older than the DoW3 announce trailer and it's still terrible taste.
>>
File: 1493463102469.jpg (499KB, 1250x775px) Image search: [Google]
1493463102469.jpg
499KB, 1250x775px
>>376250176
Now I have to stop you right there, Stubbs was the only good thing that came out of that trainwreck.

>Canon now and always
>>
>>376248935
That's nothing.
Dark Eldar have black holes in boxes. The only canon use of them so far was Vect, a head honcho Dark Eldar, giving one to an opposing cabal leader disguised as a gift.
Since he was is his own pocket dimension, no collateral to his other Eldar that would all be in range of the black hole.
>>
>>376250176
And by "terrible taste" you mean accurate
>>
>>376250176
Just because you have shit taste and know nothing about DoW doesn't mean everyone else does, stop trying so hard to be a contrarian.
>>
>>376249830
>>376250456
>>376250656
>Children are back from school and start shitposting
I thought this was 18+ board.
>>
File: 1478414425796.jpg (110KB, 600x642px) Image search: [Google]
1478414425796.jpg
110KB, 600x642px
>>376250452
>Tore open a rift in reality, dragged an entire planet of Tyranids inside and teleported it into Commorragh just so they could have new and exciting things to torture and render down into drugs
>>
>>376250443
A part of me whishes that Stubbs come back as a IG Elite in the expansion.
>>
>>376250881
We can see you samefagging, you know.
>>
>>376250981
Nah, but we'll get COLONEL MERRICK
>>
File: 1481524283250.jpg (92KB, 828x404px) Image search: [Google]
1481524283250.jpg
92KB, 828x404px
>>376251163
With a different VA
>>
>>376251238
T-thanks, VA union strike...
>>
File: xd.png (148KB, 1348x951px) Image search: [Google]
xd.png
148KB, 1348x951px
>>376251068
Retard
>>
>>376250981
Trying to regain his position after the Kaurava fuck up, he is demoted and sent to work with a bitter Sturn after the loss in Lorn V

This might save DoW3
>>
>>376205062
>No wasd controlls
>2017
>In a game they want to be more approachable
What were they thinking
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (377KB, 1990x1028px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
377KB, 1990x1028px
>>376235297
>>376235507
>Not posting maps from the first game that started the mobification of rts
plebs I swear
>>
>>376251424
>edited mspaint screencap
You sure showed him!
>>
>>376251730
>game has the best stock controls of any RTS
>not using control groups or clicking on the minimap to move the camera
I've never heard of anyone using wasd to move the camera. That is like next level casual.
>>
>>376251730
I've never had a problem using arrow keys.
>>
>>376252035
>He didn't play WiC
You missed out
>>
File: pic900163_md.jpg (162KB, 469x500px) Image search: [Google]
pic900163_md.jpg
162KB, 469x500px
>>376235507
EXTRA EXTRA
COH CONFIRMED FOR MOBAS

"I need to kill myself"-weird CoH player
>>
mobas were made from rts games, of course any rts is going to have some similarities
>>
>>376252035
dat input delay
>>
>>376251956
name of the map?
>>
>>376254490
For what?
>>
>>376255245
For the Emperor.
>>
>>376255372
>worshiping a corpse
>>
>>376255463
>Listening the lies of daemons.
>>
>>376245791
>there were lots of good matches before the grand finals.
Can I see those somehow?
>>
>>376256035
You can on his stream, but yesterday's ESL was way better and I would recommend watching those matches instead.
>>
>>376251730
I heard if you press ALT+WASD it works.
>>
>>376213501
What's an impermiable gurd?
>>
>>376256173
>his stream
Vindicare's? What about other people's matches?
>>
>>376256660
you can download the replays from the esl website and a bunch of them are casted on youtube
>>
File: 1462958378974.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1462958378974.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>376256035
>>376256173
>>376256660
>started the stream
>first thing that isn't muted is Vindicare crying about a broken Eldar doctrine
LUL
>>
Meh I enjoyed the campaign, fuck MP. It was a lot less quality as DoW2 but such is life.
>>
File: 1382397527764.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1382397527764.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>376256824
>he is down on the first game
>and starts complaining about balance
>in a mirror match
>>
>>376256660
Yeah Vindicare's and most other people that participated streamed it. European bracket had better level of competition so for.
This one was from the guy that won and he went against SC pro in finals:

www.twitch dot tv/videos/140577707
>>
>>376256824
>>376257329
To be fair, current balance is pretty fucked and facing the same thing over and over isn't much fun.
>>
>>376258556
>and facing the same thing over and over isn't much fun.

Yeah it's almost like having only three factions and dooming everyone to a 33% chance of fighting a mirror match is gay as fuck.
>>
>>376256824
>>376257329
> losing SM mirror match
> starts crying about Eldar
> fucking idiots at Relic should hire me

His stream basically consists of him crying, jerking himself off about how good he is, and then reminiscing about the good ole Dawn of War 2 days.
>>
>>376259921
I like how he was loving the game pre-release.
>>
>>376259921
Sounds like every DoW thread on /v/ except also add good ole DoW1 days.
>>
File: 1489963724435.png (270KB, 629x643px) Image search: [Google]
1489963724435.png
270KB, 629x643px
>>376208401
of all sad words etc
>>
>>376260082
He was the one ASM spamming every game pre-release. Now everyone knows ASMs are retarded and other people are doing it to him.
>>
good to see relic getting the Dawn of War™ 2: Retribution® they deserve
>>
File: spookyspaceskeleton.png (1020KB, 1920x1022px) Image search: [Google]
spookyspaceskeleton.png
1020KB, 1920x1022px
>>376259891
Having 4 races like in previous games would only decrease that chance by 8%, but I agree. Just have to wait for Relic to get their shit together.
>>
File: pepe_drink.png (57KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
pepe_drink.png
57KB, 600x434px
I JUST WANT 40K SUPCOMM!
>>
Id rather just keep playing Soulstorm
>>
>>376232896
>all the pros
>2 people
>>
>>376261692
I wanted a 40k MMO
but looks like that both of us will stay unhappy.
>>
I'm going to buy it because I'm bored and don't care about spending $50.
>>
>>376261692
> too fast paced and simple for the hardcore TA players, who wanted giant epic games witth thousands and thousands of units in battle
>too complicated and slow paced for the people who wanted smaller scale tactical games.

Also, the pathing sucked.
The AI sucked.
Modding community didn't get enough support.
Not enough maps, there were no giant 2-4 player maps, all the really big maps were set up for 7+ players.

IMO, it failed because Total Annihilation Core Contingency was a better game, and therefore, Supreme Commander was obsolete before it even came out.
>>
>>376262589
You and me, anon. Maybe one day.
>>
File: librarianquote.jpg (171KB, 639x847px) Image search: [Google]
librarianquote.jpg
171KB, 639x847px
>>376264076
You asked for this.
>>
>>376263821
>he posted it again
>>
File: 1163621626723.png (437KB, 1672x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1163621626723.png
437KB, 1672x1237px
>>376264259
>on the road to disappointment
I am already there, anon.

>40k MMO canceled
>Every DoW game riddled with problems and takes years to resolve them
>Space Marine has too many problems and community slowly dies
>Eternal Crusade is complete broken garbage after years of anticipation
>various other 40k games come out only turn out mediocre at best. Shitty devs proceed to let them die.
>>
>>376264313

>>376230775
>>
People who haven't played DoW3
>It's a MOBA
People who only played the beta weekend.
>It's a shitty MOBA
People who bought the game and played more than a weekend.
>It's a mediocre RTS with heavy MOBA influence.
>>
>>376262589
rip dark millenium online

40k is such a cool ip, and they do so little with it. as much as i love dow series, it's like every 40k game just wants to be a strategy game. that's what tabletop is for. it's okay for a couple games to emulate tabletop, but give me some exciting other stuff too.

also let a proven developer make it with a big budget. i don't know what the obsession is with giving the IP only to these small ass devs who only make mobile games and shit.

give me some 40k style battlefield/republic commando fps, give me some 40k inquisitor rpg, give me a sequel to space marine. i dunno man, so much potential with the IP but they just snooze on it.
>>
File: Frozen daemon.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Frozen daemon.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
So a question.

So the planet was revealed to be a prison planet constructed by the Necrons a long time a go. Now guys tell me for what purpose did the Necrons put this guy on ice? Seems random. Just icing a titan sized daemon and making him your prisoner.
>>
>>376266586
Calling it mediocre might be giving it too much credit though
>>
>>376266586
>>376266878
It is accurate.
>>
>>376266976
If you're okay with shit, sure
>>
>>376259921
>His stream basically consists of him crying, jerking himself off about how good he is, and then reminiscing about the good ole Dawn of War 2 days.
Seems that he hasn't changed since 2010. Jesus, i hope his mom sponsors him again.
I really hope he wins someday.
>>
>>376266854
Going by nu-lore necrons don't really give a shit and live to troll the younger races.
>>
>>376213501
Neither DoW 1 or 2 had IG on release.
>>
>>376257456
Those were pretty good games. The game has potential but it really needs balancing and another race or two.
>>
>>376266586
I played the beta and I still support the notion that it's closer to a moba than an rts.
>>
>>376259921
this is really hyperbolized, i've been watching him a lot since dow3 beta and he never brags and never talks about dow2 days except when he is playing somebody from dow2 and he explains how they played like in that game. he does get whiny sometimes about the meta and game balance but that's understandable, you can watch any "pro" stream and they will agree on all the same bullet points of balance issues and problems with the meta.
>>
>>376220604
I'm enjoying the game as it stands, just waiting for Chaos / Necron / Tyranid + additional modes
>>
File: shrekt.png (103KB, 269x140px) Image search: [Google]
shrekt.png
103KB, 269x140px
>>376236983
You probably aren't here anymore but if for some reasons you are have this.
>>
File: anothergame_nowinner.png (294KB, 1006x733px) Image search: [Google]
anothergame_nowinner.png
294KB, 1006x733px
>>
>>376267694
kek saved
>>
>>376267336
>you can watch any "pro" stream and they will agree on all the same bullet points of balance issues and problems with the meta.

No they can't fucking complain especially that retard of vindi ALL relic games played like dow3 at release, you always had to cheese the broken shit and do the same thing over and over in ALL OF THEIR GAMES they fucking knew onto what they were throwing 60€ for this garbage, now they have no right at all to cry and whine about it.
>>
File: internet.gif (2MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
internet.gif
2MB, 600x337px
>>376267694
Just checked in one last time. Thank you.
Have this internet.
>>
>>376267837
so because the balance was bad in other games it's okay for it to be bad in this game? what kind of logic is that?

>they fucking knew onto what they were throwing 60€ for this garbage, now they have no right at all to cry and whine about it.
i think you are misunderstanding, none of them are complaining about wasting their money, they are just complaining about the balance and what they think should be fixed and how it should be fixed so that things get addressed in the balance patch.
>>
>>376268216
No what I'm saying is: vote with you wallet, all relic games were like this, all relic games will be like this as long as people throw money to them, on top of shitty balance though this game also manages to be inferior in all departments when put in front of all of their previous titles.
>>
File: 1479757236628.jpg (29KB, 504x379px) Image search: [Google]
1479757236628.jpg
29KB, 504x379px
>>376205967
>lanes
>feeding
>goofy moba animations
>>
File: League_of_Legends_logo.jpg (123KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
League_of_Legends_logo.jpg
123KB, 1191x670px
>>
File: 26055584.jpg (22KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
26055584.jpg
22KB, 450x338px
>>376269964
>>
File: Untitled.png (185KB, 1135x806px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
185KB, 1135x806px
>>376270497
Sadly not even the first time i've seen this. He probably didn't even make it.
>>
>>376266746
>let a proven developer make it with a big budget. i don't know what the obsession is with giving the IP only to these small ass devs who only make mobile games and shit.
GW hands the IP out like candy now, the problem is that only no name devs care about it enough to actually make a niche game they know will sell even if it's shit. Larger devs don't have the budget for a 40k title because again, it's niche so they won't get millions of sales out of it.
>>
>>376266854
Where was it said to be constructed by necrons? I figured it was constructed by Eldar, hence all the eldar ruins.
>>
File: theend.jpg (179KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
theend.jpg
179KB, 1920x1080px
>>376271981
Never explicitly mentioned but alot of /tg/ and some lorefags saw the similarities with the architecture and Tomb World terrain pieces sold by GW.
>>
>>376205062
Oh look another /v/ thread about the same thing. It's kinda crazy how autistic you people are.
>>
>>376272871
Are you stupid?
>>
>tfw they will never make a 40k RTS with Wargame:EE/ALB/RD style deck-based army building
>>
>>376205381
space marines = Terrans
Eldar = Protoss
Orks = Zerg

this was very deliberate
>>
>>376205062
>>376205381
>>376205814
>>376205967
>>376206295
>>376206470
I've seen this exact thread yesterday. Didn't even reply to all the posts that are exactly the same.
>>
>>376271981
>>376272613
The Dawn of War 3 novel.

The Eldar buildings came later when the daemons used the prophecy Spear of Khaine to lure Eldar to the planet in order to free it.

>It drifted through the void, broken, scarred and shattered. A single shard of Acheron’s superstructure, the only piece to have returned to real space when the planet was annihilated. Its creators, deathless and eternal, were already aware of the fate that had befallen it. They had looked on, in silent, cold fury, as the lesser races had tampered with their carefully wrought designs.

>The cage was broken. The work of aeons was shattered.

>Someone would pay.
>>
>>376223042
Holy shit this post
>oh expansions should add/fix that

Hang yourself
>>
>>376273613
This shit will last all summer. Filter or just ignore it if it bothers you.
>>
File: trazyn.jpg (32KB, 364x365px) Image search: [Google]
trazyn.jpg
32KB, 364x365px
>>376273698
I would be pissed if my collector's edition Daemon and its pedestial which I made for it got smashed by rodents.
>>
>>376216568
exact opposite

In the glory days of RTS' (late 90s/early 2000s) games weren't that complicated and save for fanatic esporters, microing wasnt very necessary

You could build an army, deploy it, and watch it rip the opposing army a new one.

Total War still lets you do this, which is why its the only RTS brand that still is selling
>>
>>376238446
only the expansions. DOW1 (not dark crusade or soulstorm) and DOW2 (not retribution) had just as meh campaigns at this.
>>
>>376253276
I think thats a created map. But, age of empires has a map close to that called Black Forest.
>>
>>376205062
I was interested in it but 3 races with obvious DLC jewing is a big turn off. Not to mention the escalation mechanic is pretty bullshit and just artificially extends game times.
>>
>>376225934
is this b8
>>
>no cover
>no moral
>no squad sergeants
>no squad customization of weapons
>no suppression
>have to reinforce at buildings
>space marines feel weak as fuck
I still played and liked the game, but god damn if it isn't a step backwards in many MANY areas.
>>
>>376274205
>microing wasnt very necessary
>You could build an army, deploy it, and watch it rip the opposing army a new one.
This is what shitters want to believe
>>
Main problem I have with the game is the stupid multiplayer mode. I just want to have believable battles vs the AI for my head-canon. The turrets/shields/powercore shit isn't 40k and just ruins that. They couldn't even make them faction specific turrets. They are just generic turrets. Feels bad.
>>
>>376274205
>microing wasnt very necessary
Point and laugh at the underage casual
>>
>>376219625
They just dont anon. one special building doesnt mean the races arnt the same. its kinda a joke desu so manny units do the same thing(set up to shoot for big damage!) (jump at the enemy!) the developer had to of done this lazy design purposely because no one with credibility can clam there are enough differences between the races to get different player experiences
>>
>>376276546
The differences do not need to come from explicitly stated race-specific mechanics but more from the specific niche that each unit fills to the overall strength of the races.

CoH factions have units that fulfill similar roles but how they work within the game and within their niche makes them interesting to play. For instance, in CoH 2, Soviet Maxim and a Wehr MG42 fulfill the same function but they make for very different playstyles.

DoW 3 is kinda like that as well. A tactical marine and Dire Avengers are funtionally the same, but their strength and weaknesses make them work very differently. Tacs are more durable and have scalable upgrades while DA are fast, have knockback and have huge burst, but bad sustained dps.
>>
>>376274783
>still shitposting
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.