[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Surge

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: DOA.jpg (24KB, 155x221px) Image search: [Google]
DOA.jpg
24KB, 155x221px
So, does /v/ think this game is dead on arrival, or can it actually be good?
>>
Lords of the Fallen was terrible and this will be as well.
>>
>people still making dark souls spinoffs when the main series itself is dead
>>
>>376203517
It wasn't terrible, it was mediocre.

>>376203406
I'll give it a try, pre-ordered it. If I don't like it I just get a refund.
>>
Going to be gud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2zkKFu2lMg
>>
>>376203406
I think every game has potential to be good or at least ok regardless of hivemind perceptions (Nioh, RE7, Prey, HZD, anyone?).
But I can definitely tell this game has almost zero amount of hype behind it, and people saying its a reskinned clone of a shitty souls clone is not helping. It's only chance of not being DOA, is if it not only is really good but different enough from souls and Lord's of the fallen. Doesn't look interesting to me either DESU.
>>
>>376203970
well it looks like a yuge improvement over lotf
>>
I liked lords lf the fallen but i have a huge tolerance for clunky games just because i like action rpgs so much.
>>
>>376203406

This has no multiplayer as far as I know, so it will be a single player experience. It probably won't sell more than a few thousand copies, due to the lacking hype train.
>>
>No PvP
>No Co op

It's doa. Just like Lords of the fallen and Let it Die.

Retarded developers need to take note, that's the souls series bread n butter.
>>
>>376203406
yes it will be good

looks like a better and faster Souls with actual graphics
>>
>>376203406
Biggest problem is that Deck13 doesn't seem to mesh with souls ripoffs that well. They have some neat ideas but also a lot of terrible ones and a lot of the necessary ideas just aren't there.
LotF was mediocre. I got some time out of it but I stopped playing it. It was not worth a full price game.

The Surge looks like it's just more of the same.
The combat still doesn't look good, the aesthetics are still bad, the voiceacting is still dreadful, the environment variety is still sorely lacking and the devs are tripping over themselves with overtly gamey mechanics (crafting, loot) at the expense of making a cohesive experience that's good to play.
There are some neat ideas in there like the limb severing and directional attacks and the evasion system looks pretty good. The attitude towards world design at least has its heart in the right place I assume based on the Metroidvania namedrop.

If this is a 60$ game though then I can't see myself buying it because it almost certainly isn't worth that.
>>
>>376203679
They should have gotten a different person to demonstrate this because this is actually slightly nauseating in terms of the camera movement being this jerky and random.
>>
>>376203406
>a game where the malfunctioning trauma harness from new vegas is a plot point
Sign me up.
>>
From having played some preview builds I can say that it's a huge step up over lotf.
Animations are a little quicker and dodging is pretty much at BB level.

Level design is pretty good, looping levels, neat shortcuts and so on.

However the most lacking area is style. Dark souls has a very simple style that is worked out with details. This can be seen best with shield designs. Most shields have a simple shape, but many little details on them, while the surge is the exact opposite.

The crafting and loot is okay even though a lot of he stuff looks the same.

You could probably best summarize it by saying it's slower than BB but faster than dark souls with a very poorly executed style.
>>
>>376203406
I reckon it won't be advertised enough and won't get the numbers they want so won't get a sequel/dlc/post-launch support
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.