[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth playing this game after beating automata? Will it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Nier_(game_box_art).jpg (40KB, 256x315px) Image search: [Google]
Nier_(game_box_art).jpg
40KB, 256x315px
Is it worth playing this game after beating automata?

Will it feel like a really bad game?
>>
>>376185921
Combat wont feel even close to automata's smoothness but its magic is pretty nice. The stiffer boar drifting and slow movement will make hem more memorable. The story should be nice enough to overlook the gameplay.
>>
It's better than Automata in everyway
>>
>>376186032
^Pretty much this. Even though the melee combat is basic hack and slash the boss fights, enemies and Grimoire make it way more interesting than Automata. That's not even mentioning the side quests, music and story. All of which Automata fucking sucked dick at.
>>
File: 1446657900991.jpg (469KB, 1080x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1446657900991.jpg
469KB, 1080x1300px
>>376185921
yeah probably
but its still worth playing through
if you can't stand the combat throw it on easy and blaze through it to the good stuff
>>
Much better characters, arguably better story, music is about equal, worse gameplay

I'd say it's definitely worth it.
>>
Automata sucks desu. The orginal was much better.
>>
>>376186159
>Music
>Equal

nah
>>
>>376185921
It's better in every single way, shape, and form. Even the combat is less gay when you consider it never throws you any 9S style horseshit. Don't know why Nier fans aren't more disappointed with Automata.
>>
>>376186159

Do they explain who these girls are in Nier A? Just beat ending B
>>
>>376185921
It would have felt like a bad game even if you played it the day it came out. But the characters are very memorable.
>>
File: C-DGAA9UMAAgdJu.jpg orig.jpg (310KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
C-DGAA9UMAAgdJu.jpg orig.jpg
310KB, 1280x1024px
>>376186356
don't worry about it
>>
>>376186032
Outside of characters it's actually worse in every way.
>>
In my experience so far:
Feels like a PS2 game on the PS3, but the soundtrack and voice acting make up for it.
I think I'm gonna just pop the game on easy so I can make the ride a little more bearable
>>
File: 59357072_p0.png (2MB, 1099x1340px) Image search: [Google]
59357072_p0.png
2MB, 1099x1340px
>>376185921
You've pretty much ruined the majority of the plot for yourself, and the gameplay definitely isn't going to hook you.
>>376186941
Normal isn't very challenging anyways. Once you get the Phoenix Spear at the beginning of the second half it becomes absolute baby tier JUMP TRIANGLE all of the day.
>>
>>376187571
The game isn't challenging on any difficulty. Why somebody would want to turn it DOWN is beyond me. Automata has a similar problem once you get good chips but it's nowhere near as much of a cakewalk as the original.
>>
>>376187571
>You've pretty much ruined the majority of the plot for yourself

How so? I've read a few references to the original game but dont really understand them.
>>
If you're ok with watching let's play this is a fun one with Pat and Liam [spoiler/]. The best part is the story and you can get that through YouTube. No harm in throwing money at the devs tough.
>>
>>376188220
DevPop's novel part covers a lot of it. And obviously there are other bits and piece scattered around, like the gestalt reports and such.
>>
>>376185921
The beginning tutorial fight is murder on your hand
I couldn't believe how long it lasted
>>
>>376185921
I've just about finished this. Definitely. It has some flaws but it's a fantastic game.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.