[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revolver Ocelot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Revolver Ocelot.jpg (20KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Revolver Ocelot.jpg
20KB, 500x400px
Why is nostalgia looked at as such a bad thing on /v/?
>>
Because anything that's old and liked it's because of nostalgia, but at the same time games don't "age" because wrapping our minds around a simple concept without carrying on like an intellectually challenged zilch is too difficult.
>>
>>376183658
Because it's the cause of shitty remakes getting funded. Quit ruining my childhood just because you can't let go of yours
>>
>>376183979
It isn't our fault that developers fuck up on remakes.
>>
Because some of you people can't seem to avoid taking it to the extreme and shitting on everything that came out after your childhood ended.
>>
File: reddit nostalgia.jpg (104KB, 750x375px) Image search: [Google]
reddit nostalgia.jpg
104KB, 750x375px
because it's reddit
>>
>>376183979
>ruins your childhood

Don't play it you fucking retard.
>>
>>376183658
Because I was around when 80% of the old games /v/ liked were considered 6/10s.
>>
Nostalgia is literally ignoring the actual quality of something.

It's feelings over fact.
>>
>>376183658
I just installed that emulator that allows you to play Perfect Dark at 60fps and by god it's so good.

I highly recommend it, it´s like a different game when played with mouse and keyboard.
>>
>>376183979
Shitty remakes cannot ruin your childhood. The thing you enjoyed when you were a kid still exists, if you don't like the new version then play the old one.
>>
>>376184267
This doesn't invalidate our concerns on the direction modern gaming has gone though.
>>
Old games are shit.
Quality is literally only determined by graphics cause it's a measure of technological superiority.
>>
>>376184356
The problem is that if I say I like something about Ocarina of Time (for example), someone else will just say it's nostalgia, and use that to ignore actual discussion.
>>
>>376184524
Than why is super mario brothers shit?
>>
>>376184348
Back then a 6/10 wasn't looked at as a game that must be avoided though.

Reviews were a lot more fair unlike today where if a game doesn't score a 9/10 at least it is a laughing stock that should be avoided at all cost.
>>
>>376184507
>This doesn't invalidate our concerns on the direction modern gaming has gone though.
What?

Did I miss something?
>>
>>376184242
Wow.. It's like old people when we were kids... Everything new is terrible, and they make nothing like they used to, I had to walk to school uphill both ways in the snow in 100°F weather, When I was a kid TV shows were good, everything is too salty/spicy these days, back in my day we...

It happens every generation. people are just getting older, having kids, and then having access to the internet.
>>
>>376184618
This. I mention to my friends I want to try anything that isn't a 9/10 and they say it's shit without hesitation.
Fuck them, 6/10 games normally have heart and charm instead of firing off memes in the biggest arc they can to get sales.
>>
>>376184618
That's only on /v/, no one laughs at a game for getting anything less than a 6/10 except for the autists on this board
>>
>>376184524
So is this why people keep begging for remakes of their favorite classics?
>>
>>376184959
>begging
[citation needed]
>>
>>376183658
Underage kids get upset and defensive about missing out on good stuff and having a worse childhood.
>>
>>376185086
>>376178395
>>
>>376184267
>x is literally red.dit
Does this means anything anymore? Calling something you don't like "reddit" lost it's meaning a long time ago.
>>
>>376184876
You are very wrong. Just look at comments on any game getting a review like that off the sites that do reviews.

People see anything below a 9/10 in 2017 as an absolute shit game to be avoided. I remember plenty of great games back in the day scoring in the 7's and 8's, even in the 6's and people still finding the games to still be good with some value.

Reviews have also become inflated due to this change in attitude as well.
>>
File: 1480185523337.jpg (62KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
1480185523337.jpg
62KB, 719x719px
>>376184876
Not true anon. I've heard kids at stores shitting on good games because IGN or Shitaku gave it a 6. According to the new scale it goes...
>1-7 ABSOLUTE SHIT.
>8 Pretty terrible.
>9 It's okay.
>10 Few flaws, lots of memes to make you cream you meme cream!

>>376184959
People demand remakes because they just want to play what they did before with a new coat of pain.

Just like how they're now remaking every blockbuster/movie classic from the 70s and 80s. They know they don't have to put in a real effort because thart's already done, they can phone it in, collect the nostalgia bucks and move onto the next piece of shit.

the new IT is going to be terrible. And after it breaks records they'll probably try to remake 2001: A Space Odyssey and ruin that too. No one cares about originality anymore, they jsut want the same shti from their childhoods regurgitated into their gaping mouths.
>>
>>376185408
well if the reviews are inflated, then not much has really changed. People still have the same standard for what makes a game worth playing, but the standard has a different number associated with it now.
>>
>>376185
>the standard has a different number associated with it now.
Problem is that people now perceive anything that isn't at least a 9 to be a 1/10. If companies didn't pay off reviewers for 9/10 and 10/10 reviews we wouldn't have this. if there was some god damn ethics practice by game reviewers you could trust them. Now you just have to buy the game and hope it's good, because you can't trust anything, not even /v/.

Now /v/ is a good barometer. If there's hype for it and shilling, it's going to be shit.

If it's talked about in a few threads, it's probably pretty good.

If you see no one talking about it, it's shit.
>>
>>376185561
Holy shit batman those goalposts you have moved...
>>
>>376185916
not the same person, actually
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.