[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: retsupurae.jpg (366KB, 1263x919px) Image search: [Google]
retsupurae.jpg
366KB, 1263x919px
What went wrong?
>>
>>376179902
Times change, people change.
Not video games by the way.
>>
They were always shit.
>>
>>376179902
>watching Let's players and making unfunny jokes
They're Let's Watchers.
>>
>>376179902

>unironically watched and enjoyed their Car Escape and Room Break let's plays last year
>enjoyed it, funny as fuck
>after those two series they just went back to their boring kickstarter videos

why
>>
Slowbeef turned sjw, other guy is just not that memorable. Looking back they were never great. Also, remember that time they fucked woth cr1tikal anf got KTFO?
>>
>>376179902
They got too much backlash and started playing it safe (boring).
>>
this board praised these cunts for a long time and i never saw the appeal

just another pair of jaded autists with nothing better to do
>>
They've grown up. Slowbeef's also a dad with two kids.
>>
>>376180491
I resubscribed to them lately only because of the kickstarter shaming videos.
>>
>>376179902
>breast milk ice cream
also not videogames, we have like 3 random boards go to one of them
>>
>We're not going to make fun of kids making Lets Plays, we think it's not funny and mean now
>Also now we're going to make fun of tons of Kickstarters which is basically the same shit
>>
https://drive(doot)google(doot)com/drive/folders/0B8ENGke08-ClaDVZZnFRTHZXWkk

The best videos got taken down. Here they are again.
>>
>make fun of kids for being fucking retards
>turn around and talk shit about their fans making fun of kids for being reets

Alri
>>
>Unfunny faggots making shitty jokes over easy targets
They were always bad.
>>
>>376181632

They just went after easier targets less likely to try and start anything with Youtube.
>>
>>376179902
People stopped doing camcorder and Unregistered Hypercam 3 LP's, and now most videos are maybe competently done from a technical perspective, but all have scarecam and LIKE COMMENT SUBSCRIBE shit, so they're not as fun to make fun of. Hence, retsupurae had to try other things. I actually do like some of the Kickstarter videos, while retsufrash usually has some good stuff in it.
>>
literally /who/
>>
>>376181564

It's funny for a little while but then you start realizing it's the exact same shtick and spiel every single video. Haha silly unnecessary product. Haha unobtainable goal. Haha silly worthless backer rewards.

It's dumb, and they stretch it out so long. The videos don't need to be 10 minutes. Move that shit to a new channel and go back to playing fucking video games.
>>
slowbeef is the only eceleb more repulsive than jim sterling, his fucking voice alone makes me wish he'd die on the spot
>>
>>376179902
Diabetus was The Boy but he was shackled with a unfunny loud New Jersian and eventually lost all of his spirit. Parallel Worlds LP best.
>>
Well they are a comedy channel but they aren't funny. Naturally that will eventually cause a problem.
>>
I laughed for a few minutes straight after I finally figured out what their name meant
After that their humor value sharply declined
>>
>>376179902

What do they do anymore? I stopped watching. Wouldn't they be screwed over by the new ad rules?

I watched a few slowbeef eps a few months ago since he was doing gradius play throguhs and I love that series. I stopped cehcking since then. I wanted him to do a RKS play through. But I only think he does indie games if people cut him a check to promote the game.
>>
>>376179902
Used to be obsessed with them, then they got old.

Their deadpan style of commentary was funny when they started and YouTube was young, but they haven't improved on their format in the whole time they've existed. Slowbeef in particular has all these connections and things that he could be capitalizing on but he doesn't seem to want to actually do something new. Their videos just fall kind of flat when they're all one long recording of something that you can't hear half the time.
>>
>>376183178
Right now it's mostly flash games, old FMV games, and weird/shitty Kickstarters.

I do like how Slowbeef himself has sort of become a dedicated shmup LPer.
>>
>>376179902
They gained a fanbase who were too harass-heavy
Slowbeef grew up and stopped caring as much
Let's Plays changed into all PDP imitators which were far more homogeneous and less fun to riff over
They ran out of Wrongpurae material

Their flash hunts are still occasionally funny, and their kickstarter stuff comes up with gold once and a while, but their niche kinda evaporated with the times.
>>
Salty ass former LPers who wish they were rich and successful as the Grumps, Mark, or Pewdie
>>
>>376179902
Youtube passed that rule that you can't negatively badmouth other youtubers or some shit so that kicked Retsupurae's channel in the teeth since most of their best shit is ripping on shitty LPers.
>>
>>376179902
They stopped making fun of LPers
>>
>>376186013

Is that an actual rule?
>>
The kickstarter videos are good though.
>>
I never strayed from Chip and Ironicus' channel so I can't say anything on retsuprae at large, but I was under the impression that the whole "scene" was all just a bunch of SomethingAwful fags that got butthurt over gamergate. No clue what they're up to now but once a year I'll just go through their playlist.
>>
>>376186132
Have you seen video's shitting on other youtubers lately?

Their community Guidelines say shit like no Harmful, Sexual, Misleading, Threatening, Violent, Graphical or Hateful content will be allowed.

So shitting all over other peoples stuff got canned like 2 years ago.
>>
I was never a huge fan of them making fun of other LPers. But them watching longplays was amazing. I await the day of another Harvester/Darkseed however unlikely it is. Them doing shitty flash games is good too.
>>
>>376186652
I wish they would do an LP of Jack Orlando.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.