[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I have a quick rundown on the state of Halo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: Halo.jpg (84KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Halo.jpg
84KB, 800x500px
Can I have a quick rundown on the state of Halo?
>>
Call of Duty with aliens.
>>
File: Hey look @ this.jpg (130KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Hey look @ this.jpg
130KB, 1536x1152px
>>376178824
This is all you need to know about Halo
>>
God awful
>>
>>376178913
underrated post
>>
release on pc noa
>>
Shit.

Mcc is good for the single player campaigns if youd like to play those, tho id recommend playing em on 360 the bungie made em
>>
Died after Halo 3 my man
>>
Do the bogs play halo? With an iron but fair style?
>>
>>376178824
From someone who has played halo since day 1...if you purchase or play Halo Reach, 4, or 5 you should kill yourself as fast and soon as possible. Thanks.
>>
Halo Reach was cool with the recreated CE opening at the very end.

They then proceeded to fuck everything up with CE:A.
>>
>>376179741
i actually started playing halo reach several months ago cause my laptop broke and i got tired of halo 3, it really isnt that bad. sure it doesnt give those good bungie feels but the character customization, campaign, and online are all bretty gud and felt like a slightly poopier version of what i imagined halo 4 would be back in like 2009-10. its a step small step above halo odst and after that the franchise fell off a steep cliff into eternal darkness.
>>
Doesn't matter if Halo 6 somehow ends up being good because they already killed the community. As a fan that has been with the series since Combat Evolved I hope Halo 6 flops fucking hard worse than 5
>>
>>376178824
It is now Call Of Duty but slower.
>>
>>376178824
who cares about 343 halo go download eldewrito
>>
*pained sobbing in the distance*
>>
>>376178862
that is call of duty
>>
>>376178913
got me
>>
Did anyone even notice that Halo Wars 2 came out? It seems like there was no advertising for it and no one noticed it came out.
Was it good at all? How was the story?
>>
>>376181052
Y I u weren't paying attention there was tons of advertising. I didn't buy it but I played the blitz demo it was fun.
>>
I think I might have to buy a 360 just to play this again.
>>
>>376180129
Campaign felt watered down especially when you read how much the covenant fucked up reach. I was expecting a deeper story of sacrifice and loss but the game barely scratches the surface. Customization was whatever, lots of options but nothing ever looked good the pieces were either awkward or straight up ugly as fuck. For mp, playing as elites was fucking fun, movement felt sluggish in general, the armor abilities should've been saved for H4 to at least surprise us.
And theres about 5 colors in the whole game.
>small step above halo odst
Sorry, I dont know you but I really hope you kill yourself.

>>376181052
Its been a fuckfest since released. Every update so far has rendered a leader useless and made one the big dick and it switches every couple weeks. No story dlc that supposably finishes Halo Wars 2 campaign (which was pretty fun but with maximum 5 mins of cutscenes). MP is mainly who can rush better and the fastest. New leaders have never dropped on time either a week or two later unbalanced as fuck. Unless you're really familiar how the first game played I would not recommend it cause you're going to get your shit pushed in.
>>
>>376181536
I think the only match I ever won in Halo Wars 1 was when me and my teammates rushed the enemies with Warthogs and Ghosts the first day it was released, I'll be staying away from 2. Might watch the cutscenes just to see what's going on and stuff.
>>
>>376181679
This game now is not cut and dry where you have 25+ of any units, you go rush, you win. Now you have to worry about people strategically spamming infantry and it can either fuck you up or not affect you period if you know how to counter.

Just watch the end. It literally means nothing since its sadly unfinished. They were supposed to drop campaign dlc...Its been 3 months with no mention from the devs whatsoever. Unless you have $ tp spare and friends dont buy it.
>>
343 can't write the game stories to save their lives, and they aren't that great at the single player mission design, so the single player has suffered a lot.

They learned from their mistakes from 4 for the MP and 5's MP is good, so I expect 6 to nail the MP even harder now that they've confirmed splitscreen will return.

The novels are still as good as they were under bungie.
>>
File: 1492299442267.jpg (16KB, 390x395px) Image search: [Google]
1492299442267.jpg
16KB, 390x395px
>>376178824
>Bungie bow to Activision
>exBungie devs in contact with Microsoft
>possess Halo rights
>control Halo with a shitty extended universe and lore raping fist
>Owns everything related to Halo
>will develop the biggest flops (Halo 6 is their last try to save the franchise)
>destroyed the /k/ a e s t h e t i c the older games were rocking in favor of anime style bs
>first armor desings by 343i (not outsourced) were bad
>both 343i and Microsoft said to have -10 IQ, such low levels of intelligence has only existed in Gearbox
>ancient forum users tell of making the franchise "more
accessible"
>they own studios all around the world for outsourcing purposes
>your local pajeet might be a dev of said studies
>343i are in regular communications with online communities and promises them that MC will be the focus on Halo 6
>they learned to how destroy the arena gameplay with just one game
>Microsoft entrusts all their funding to 343, there is no money left on Bill Gate's bank account, only unsold Halo 5 copies
>the companies are long enough to know how to make Halo games but they have lost their touch
>in reality, most of Bungie devs left 343i long time ago, we don't know the future of the franchise, we hope they learn about their mistakes
boy I hope Halo 6 is actually good story wise.
>>
>>376179246
This, Halo 3 was the last outstanding Halo game. Reach was okay, but kind of a let down, then 4 was trash and anything afterwards would likely be too. Halo 3 had so much new shit, whereas 4 and Reach added very little and dumbed some shit down.
>>
>>376182814
Haven't kept up with the novels since years and years ago but that makes me think. Why didn't 343 just adopt the original novel's stories for its games? Halo 4 could have been Halo: First Strike adapted.
>>
File: 127095609349.jpg (21KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
127095609349.jpg
21KB, 450x299px
You know how /v/ contrarians hate that game you like for no fucking reason?

It's like that.

The series is fine, halo 5 has a good multiplayer suite. The story is kind of dumb, but the gameplay is intact and fun still.
>>
>>376178824
It's dead, Jim.
>>
File: 1397769029100.jpg (40KB, 259x567px) Image search: [Google]
1397769029100.jpg
40KB, 259x567px
>>376184151
No, no I'm pretty sure the general consensus of almost every person outside of /v/ is that 343 eats shit.
>>
>>376184056
No clue.

>>376184037
I get that reach is controversial even if I think it's better then 3, but

>Halo 3 had so much new shit, whereas 4 and Reach added very little and dumbed some shit down.

u fucking wot. Reach added more then any previous halo game by a giant marign, the improvements to forge, the amount of new weapons, the new custom game settings, the amount of new modes and core gameplay changes, etc. It changed WAY more then 3. 4, likewise, changes a fair amount, again, more then 3, but not as much as reach, just almost all for the worse.

If you prefer 3 over reach I can understand but saying 3 added more new stuff then it is just factually wrong.

>and anything afterwards would likely be too. H
5's MP is actually pretty fantastic, it's just hield back by lack of splitscreen (which is confirmed to come back in 6). If 6 improves the SP as much as 5 improved the MP from 4, then 6 might legimately be one of the best 3 halo games.
>>
>>376184151
Hows that 343 dick tasting. Hopefully those REQ packs will be worth it
>>
There are 6711 people playing Halo Reach right now... How? I mean I'm playing it because my PC is broken right now and I don't have many games for my Xbox One, but how is a 7 year old game this active?
>>
>>376184347
Because it's g o o d
>>
>the real halo killer was halo itself
>>
All the Halo games from previous gen consoles are either remastered for Xbox One at 1080p 60fps, or have been ported to PC. Except for Reach, you have to play that at 720p 30fps (with occasional dips). And the MCC + Halo 5 + HW2 will almost certainly get resolution upgrades for the Scorpio. Come on Microsoft, bring Reach to Xbox One or better yet bring the MCC and Reach to PC.

Also, didn't they add mouse and keyboard support to the Xbox One itself a while ago? They should update the Xbox One games to support it, even if it's just in single player and custom games as to not give people and advantage in multiplayer.
>>
>>376184757
>or have been ported to PC
What is all this talk. Can I really play Halo 3 on my PC? How?
>>
>>376185461
No. I was referring to Halo Wars 1. Halo 3 is 1080p 60fps in the MCC so I don't need it on the PC that urgently.
>>
>>376185461
www.reddit.com/r/haloonline is the only way I know, I know it's reddit and all but it's a lot of fun
>>
File: 1422759098540.gif (57KB, 346x292px) Image search: [Google]
1422759098540.gif
57KB, 346x292px
>>376185707
Ohh shit I think I remember this. Hope it's not as buggy as last time. Downloading now.
>>
>>376178824
Destiny has the best Halo PVP since Reach. The glass ceiling due to the confines of the universes rules limits what can be changed. Destiny is Halo + magic. Halo apologists will pretend Halo 5 multiplayer is amazing because it's the only part of the game they can defend. It's just average boring Halo on meh maps.

Story is beyond shit. Cortana randomly became Skynet after uploading herself onto Forerunner internet. I'm not even joking.

Campaign levels themselves are hot garbage to play through. They went hard on making open spaces for four player co-op yet somehow it feels more sparse than canyons in the first game.

Forge is at its most powerful but it'll take an hour just to figure of the goddamn controls.

Theatre is still a fucking joke, needs some Mario Kart 8 style highlights.

They're trying to integrate the extended universe (e.g. the books) with the games. But first they went and killed off as much Bungie era book characters as possible (also ODSTs Rookie) so they can use their 343i made self inserts. You literally cannot fully understand the motivations behind the villain of Halo 4 without reading a three book series. Also he survives the end of Halo 4 and dies for real in a graphic novel.
>>
>>376178824
Ruined thanks to 343.
>>
>>376178913
Open up the thread and this is the first shit I see.
Fuck.
>>
The fact that Reach still has over 500 people playing it this very moment online makes me pretty damn happy
>>
Metroid'd
>>
Well Master Chief collection was a fucking mess but it at least works sometimes now.
Halo 5 had the worst story of any FPS of all time. Yet somehow it also had the best multiplayer of any FPS of all time.
Haven't played Halo Wars 2 because the beta was a mess and I was never interested anyway.

343i have said a bunch of things about how Halo 6 is going to focus on Chief more and they acknowledged the mistakes they made in Halo 5. This is almost exactly what happened after the people reacted to Hallo 4's multiplayer and then Halo 5's ended up being great so I have faith in Halo 6.
>>
>>376186179
Actually Bungie ruined it with Reach which launched with the worst Halo multiplayer ever made.
>>
>>376178824
ded series with desperate fans clinging on trying to convince themselves it's not shit
bungie is also dead because tons of internal issues after they got on activision's leash caused a lot of the old talent to leave or get fired
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.