[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/continues/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1195180-psd3d036.jpg (40KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1195180-psd3d036.jpg
40KB, 1024x768px
Friendly reminder that if you use continues in a game then that game is playing you (when -you- should be playing that game).

1-Credit-Clears/no continues means that you actually gain full proficiency with the controls before proceeding and realise the kind of play-style developers wanted to capture when they made the game. Otherwise you're just playing for the next cutscene or collectable - the game is playing you.

You start playing and the game gets harder and harder, and soon enough you hit a wall. And the whole point of it is getting strong enough to break through that wall, and reach the next wall, and become even stronger to break through that wall, etc. etc. If every time you come to a wall you take out a little folding ladder and just use that to climb over, what's the point of the exercise?
>>
>>376176262
That's fine for shooter campaigns or most other games, but what about multi day long RPGs? In those hours, you are going to fuck up at least once and it could take days to get back to that point.
>>
Friendly reminder that if you actually take in the audovisual stimulus the game is presenting you and use it to gain an advantage in the game as in see where you're supposed to go or hear dialogue explaining important things to you, you're basically essentially literally cheating
>>
>>376176262
works if the game is 20 minutes to an hour long. There's a reason nobody talks about '1cc'ing MGS.
>>
>>376176461
>>376176626
Avoiding continuing isn't the same thing as not using game saves (in moderation if the game doesn't limit you). I think you guys are conflating these.
>>
>>376176795
But wouldn't reloading an area be the same as a continue?
>>
>>376177010
Generally, game-saves are fewer and more widely spaced out. Only available in-between crucial sections. But in games which offer saving whenever the player wishes, you're right, that's not much to distinguish them from continues. They shouldn't be used that way.
>>
>>376176464

this is true for a lot of games these days, they're so easy and handholdy you can play them with the screen turned off
>>
>>376177297
So you're just regular retarded. Got it.
>>
In games like MGS you should only save if you change character.
>>
File: 1493778429911.webm (400KB, 1276x714px) Image search: [Google]
1493778429911.webm
400KB, 1276x714px
>>376176262
>>
>>376176262
>caring about skill
I just play to have fun I don't care about "being good at video games"
>>
>>376178086
Or if the mission changes.
>>
>>376176262
The game is playing me? Nigger I already bought it the game already won.
>>
>>376178286
Playing games is more fun than being played by games.

If you don't use continues, there's an adrenaline rush which kicks in within a couple of minutes of starting the first difficult level, and this doesn't let up until you are either dead or manage to beat the game.
>>
>>376178729
Casuals:
>buying games, then being played by games (uses continues)
>Hardcores:
not buying games yet playing them (without continues)
>>
>>376178760
>adrenaline rush
>from playing vidya
>>
>>376179127
People get adrenaline rushes from fucking movies (particularly horror). Not a major step to think vidya does the same (basically movies + games/sports, which themselves give rushes).
>>
File: truman.gif (3MB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
truman.gif
3MB, 400x226px
>>376176262
yeah because when I think "hardcore" I think of someone who autistically wastes potentially dozens of hours on content they've already played in order to appease idiots on an anonymous siamese basket-weaving imageboard
>>
>>376179876
>mastering a game is wasting time
Nah, pretending you 'played' a game when you really just brute-forced through it to see each cutscene and the ending is a waste of time.

Arcade games are funner than stuff like JRPGs. Those represent not-continuing vs continuing best.
>>
>>376180421
I have more meaningful ways of fostering a sense of self-worth. Video games are just for fun not for proving myself to anyone.
>>
>>376180582

just watch movies senpai
>>
>>376180582
Keep telling yourself that, scrub. Playing games is more fun than being played by games.

If you don't use continues, there's an adrenaline rush which kicks in within a couple of minutes of starting the first difficult level, and this doesn't let up until you are either dead or manage to beat the game.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.