[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw fell for the intel meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 1494102622842.jpg (510KB, 1315x794px) Image search: [Google]
1494102622842.jpg
510KB, 1315x794px
>tfw fell for the intel meme
>>
Bring this to /g/.
>>
>>376176001
>overclocking makes your CPU hotter
shit OP be careful the NSA is gonna be after all that forbidden knowledge you got soon
>>
File: 1493942297570.png (95KB, 725x632px) Image search: [Google]
1493942297570.png
95KB, 725x632px
>already has ultra fast processor
>wants to overclock it

Can you autists please stop causing damage to your processors? Overclocking isn't free extra performance, it decreases your processor's lifespan.
>>
>>376176209
A little different than that. The 7700k was so poorly connected to the IHS that if you delid, and relid with liquid metal you drop nearly 20 degrees.
>>
Intel super fucked themselves by using jizz as TIME on kaby house fire lake, till they start soldering the die to the heatspreader like they used to before Ivy Bridge, their CPUs are Jew scams.
>>
>>376176216
that's doesn't really matter though you're not going to keep the same cpu/motherboard for more than 10 years
>>
>amd being shit for games for years, incompatibilities, constant noise and heat problems
>ehh listen our top tier cpu is going too hot to overclock so you shouldn't do it
>>
File: AMD-RYZEN-ZEN.jpg (51KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
AMD-RYZEN-ZEN.jpg
51KB, 1200x675px
Is AMD Ryzen a game changer?
>>
>>376176380
Whoever buys it is getting fucked though, because knowing /v/tards i'm sure the description will be something like "nope, never overclocked".
>>
>>376176536
yes, intel charges a 1000 for their 8 core
>>
>>376176209
>overclock my CPU so high I fry the NSA monitoring chips inside
NIGGAS CANT CATCH ME
>>
File: pacu.jpg (24KB, 612x342px)
pacu.jpg
24KB, 612x342px
>>376176536
>a game changer for everything but gaming
>>
>>376176619
yeah probably but the dude bying it could always get a non K one or bought one from a dude with motherboard that don't overclock
i never sell my old pc stuff personally i just gift them to my little bro
>>
>>376176536
the R5 lineup is good
>>
>>376176331
Delidding is a very bad approach to fixing this kind of stuff it isn't recommended for good reason.

Not only that but you can't expect an intermediate PC enthusiast to be able to pull it off properly it's a fairly expert technique.
>>
>>376176979
Which is why Intel is such shit. You shouldn't need to delid your shit in the first place. The die should be soldered to heatspreader like Intel used to do in Sandy Bridge and before so you can actually good thermal transfer and not the fucking shit TIM Intel has been using since then.
>>
>feeling down about building a rig w/6700k because i'll be missing out on 4k Netflix and anything else that is hardware-locked to the 7700k
>see this thread

feeling slightly better
wish i would've held out for the 1080ti tho
>>
>>376177286
4k is literally a meme
I forget what hardware stuff is locked to 7700k though, some Intel optane garbage
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.