[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the honeymoon phase is over what is your opinion on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 19

File: faggot Link.jpg (223KB, 1263x746px) Image search: [Google]
faggot Link.jpg
223KB, 1263x746px
Now that the honeymoon phase is over what is your opinion on BotW? Is it as revolutionary as mainstream reviewers claimed it to be?
>>
>>376175851
bretty gud, had fun with it
>>
dungeons took an hour and a half total (read: shit), half the quests were fetch quests for rupees, shrines were 80% boring/shit and the 20% wasn't even that amazing

it was pretty cool though i still had a lot of fun, but it left me wanting more in a lot of places
>>
8/10, it's OK, plenty of room for improvement.
>>
File: 1493864883995.jpg (324KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493864883995.jpg
324KB, 854x480px
Yes it is, the best thing is that the next Zelda is going to be better, can't wait.
>>
>>376175851
still amazing
>>
I think that BOTW is like a chocolate cake

At the beginning it's pretty delicious but after you "eat" a lot, it's just meh.
>>
The fact that IGN and gamespot have nothing but praise for it should tell you that it's casualized, mind numbing mediocrity. Let me remind you that these are the same people who played NuDoom on a console, cried about how difficult it was playing an FPS on a controller, and docked points for being too "videogamey". So whatever praise they have to offer is nothing but poison.

In my own thoughts, I think the game is painfully average. No difficulty modes (not unless I shell out an additional 20 dollarS) no challenge, no good bosses, no memorable music, no memorable locations to visit, not a single good game mechanic, as the rest of the game sabotages any attempt at utilizing them. (for example, what point is there in high damage enemies when death has no meaning, and you instantly respawn, combined with a very cancerous quicksave system)

Overall, I detest this industry for praising mediocrity.
>>
Is this one of those threads?
>>
exploration was 90% of the reason the game was great, and it delivered on that. blew exploration in every other game out the fucking park. everything else was lacking.
>>
Anyone else looking for all the Korok seeds without a guide?

It's fun as fuck just randomly exploring the world and then a puzzle catches your eye. Really amazing.
>>
It's the best game i'll probably never touch again.
After you see all environments it burns you out really fast.
>>
>>376175851
>Exploration was excellent
>Dungeons were fun but lacked the individual flair of past Zelda games
>Enemies were both fun and challenging to engage especially with weapon degradation but like dungeons were lacking in variety.
>>
File: IMG_7936.png (410KB, 795x552px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7936.png
410KB, 795x552px
>>376175851
Still casually drifting doing /noshrines/ on my 3-heart no stamina no champion abilities run. I usually play for a little bit to relax, kind of like Animal Crossing. I'll pick up a few koroks maybe hunt a few Lynels for some good gear. Just exist. It's my favorite way to play.

I don't think it's the best Zelda, and o don't think it's a 10/10, but it's a solid 9.2/10. I don't see it as revolutionary, but it IS exciting because it shows that Nintendo still has the ability to push the envelope when I honestly just thought they were fucking sinking into mediocrity.
>>
>>376175851
Its gta with nes zelda eh?

Wonder what Mario is gonna be like?
>>
its fun. I like the crafting. coulda been goat with some real temples tho. 8/10 had a good time.
>>
>>376176208

Of course, guides are for faggots.
>>
>>376176692
>>376176692
>>376176692

This.
>>
>>376175851
"Revolutionary" is very different from "good". I think that it'll be influential on the industry, publishers are probably already telling developers to start adding "dynamic physics" to their games. Or maybe it'll be climbing, who knows? They'll latch onto some feature and start using it fucking everywhere.

As far as the actual game is concerned, personally it was a disappointment. I don't play Zelda to "explore" empty space and go through the same rehashed content, I had enough of that in Wind Waker. It had some nice moments here and there, but it was lacking in many places. Hopefully the next Zelda focuses more on quality than quantity.
>>
>>376176692
>CEMU
Having the pc master race power to make the game truly shine instead of the pleb console resolution and performance turns great games into masterpieces.
>>
I think that the persons who praise this game are people that don't play too much videogames or they don't play too much open world games
>>
>>376176715
>>376176890
We get it, you made another BotW thread.
>>
>>376175851
Reviewers AND developers have said BotW was open world done right.
>>
>>376175851
I think it's a deeply-flawed but top-tier openworld, and overall a good zelda game (the real sequel to the very first zelda). Hopefully, the good open-world part will be copied by everybody else.
>>
>>376176980
then why do I still get open world fatigue?
>>
File: 1429171784739.jpg (21KB, 258x322px) Image search: [Google]
1429171784739.jpg
21KB, 258x322px
>>376176980

>Reviewers AND developers
Corporate shill begone.
>>
Worst game ever made, Nintendo should pay me $100 for playing it.
>>
File: 1405855144599.jpg (12KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1405855144599.jpg
12KB, 251x242px
>>376175851
>revolutionary
>>
>>376176861
I agree with you, after spending some time collecting korok seeds and playing around with the physics the game starts to be really boring.

It would be good if they add more internal exploration rather than climbing over and over again.
>>
>>376175851
Yes, yes it is. I can't play other games without getting annoyed at the movement systems, lack of verticality, and invisible walls. I'm playing Nier Automata now and it feels so limiting, and I wouldn't have felt this way if I hadn't played Zelda.
>>
File: IMG_0166.jpg (120KB, 1024x866px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0166.jpg
120KB, 1024x866px
>>376175851
You can't swim underwater, which is awful
>>
File: 1488021049789.jpg (66KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1488021049789.jpg
66KB, 700x700px
>>376176485

I feel you bro. It's that kind of game you can just chill out and lay back.

On the other hand, I do find it revolutionary in the way the world develops, a non-linear system that clearly is not something new, but it was never as magnifically executed as this game does.
>>
The game has some flaws, but the good parts (exploration) are so good that you don't notice the bad parts on your first playthrough. It was a very much needed deviation from the classic zelda formula that I was getting sick off.
>>
>>376177325
>Is this a pigeon?
>>
>>376177363
>you don't notice the bad parts on your first playthrough

Not true at all.
>>
Good, but not Persona 5 good.
>>
>>376177325

>phone picture of the camera app
>>
It's pretty much heaps of filler content. Which is fine, I guess, shrines are a great answer to the question
>how do we have lots of stuff in this game, but without having to develop new things
except for the fact that some 20% of them are literally just completely copy and pasted combat/reward shrines, meaning that they had filler content WITHIN FILLER CONTENT
>>
>>376177501
The switch has no browser to upload
>>
>>376177363
>that you don't notice the bad parts on your first playthrough
you might have retard brain problems if you don't figure out that major parts of the game are trivialized by only cooking the hearty items that you get more than ten of per warp
>>
File: 91826817523.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
91826817523.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>376177030
i have literally never played a zelda game and hear a lot of complaints about open world on /v/ (although i don't mind it personally).

please explain what you mean by "good open world" and what you hope you see copied by everyone else
>>
>>376176171
Playing an FPS on a console IS garbage
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMFuejFzgTs

The only good part of this subpar non worthy of the Zelda legacy game.
>>
>>376177650
I don't min-max in singleplayer games, unless its forcing me to through difficulty. In fact, I would say you are the retard if you ruin your own experience by farming hearty items.
>>
>>376177734

You're being too harsh, anon. The game is amazing and you should accept it, even if you have never played it as your post shows.
>>
>>376177872

Not him, but

>The game is amazing and you should accept it
Who says? You?
>>
File: Midna.png (950KB, 790x857px)
Midna.png
950KB, 790x857px
>>376177651
>i have literally never played a zelda game

There's your problem. I suggest leaving thread, or board or life itself, ropes are dirt cheap nowadays. But this is the current year and we have to live along people like you so here I am.

PLAY THE OTHER ZELDA GAMES NIGGER
>>
>>376177917

Everybody outside of /v/, you fucking contrarian sperg
>>
>>376177651

Almost everything is interactive, you can go anywhere(inside the map), you actually have to discover things on your own, no quest arrow, the overworld is full of details and the korok seeds are fun to look for.
>>
Easily the best Zelda since MM and I can't wait for more of this new direction, but I would never ever be crazy enough to claim it's revolutionary. Just a good game.
>>
>>376177872
>You're being too harsh, anon.

I think you are right. It's not a bad game by all means but, the fact that the OST is shit, the dungeons are shit, the "items" are shit, and the ""story"" and progression is shit hinders a great game so much.

What was your favourite shrine anon?
>>
File: 1493668417630.jpg (37KB, 660x660px) Image search: [Google]
1493668417630.jpg
37KB, 660x660px
>>376177872
>The game is amazing and you should accept it
>>
>>376175851
Fun game. Overated as hell though. Main gripe I had with it are the short same looking dungeons.
>>
Could barely be arsed to play more of it after the 15 hour mark. Down there with WW for my least favorite 3D Zelda.
>>
>>376178192
BotW is a good game because I played it and enjoyed it immensely without reading any reviews at all. What now, anon?
>>
I think it legitimately has one of the weakest endings of any Zelda game.
Hyrule Castle is good, but the Ganon fights are disappointing as fuck and it just abruptly ends. The "true" ending adds jack shit.
>>
>>376178338

Your opinion is not fact, and you trying to force it as such only invalidates your opinion.
>>
>>376178338
First you say that "The game is amazing and you should accept it"

But now you admit that is only your opinion, good to know.
>>
>>376178385
Developers rarely bother to make a good ending, because the majority of your playerbase never even sees it.
>>
>>376177872
>>376178338
>backpedaling this hard
>>
>>376175851
Exploration was the point of the game, and it's incredibly fun. I've had so much fun exploring the world, and playing with the physics of the game. One of my favourite games ever just for the fantastic world alone.

I will say though that the dungeons are extremely disappointing. I actually don't mind the simplicity of the shrines as much as most people. getting 5-10 minutes out of each one felt like plenty to me. But I think making the main dungeons be as visually boring as they were was a mistake, as was making so many of the dungeon puzzles be purely physics based. The unique atmosphere that each dungeon had in earlier zelda games is completely abandoned here, which is such a strange decision. Ultimately I think BotW is a fantastic template for better Zelda games that are coming next, and I can't wait for those.

It's not exactly surprising, but I think a lot of people on /v/ who shit on BotW are just doing so to be contrarian, at least somewhat. I can understand not thinking "10/10 greatest game ever", but people shitting on things like the exploration? Seems crazy to me.
>>
File: 1492490985767.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492490985767.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>376175851
Brilliant. Most fun I had in a while and as much mixed reception the true ending got, I found it beautiful.
>>
>>376178175

I have a few but definitely those where you had to use stasis, like those with boulders rolling down a slope. Also, the twin shrines at the top of Dueling Peaks; and I was forgetting about those few long shrines I found in my journey.

Any other question, anon?
>>
>>376175851

A fantastic game but not a revolutionary one. What made the open world games stale wasn't the concept itself, but the robotic and uninspired way in which it was presented, especially in most of the Ubisoft offer. The world of BotW instead is carefully crafted and that's why it's interesting to explore.
>>
>>376178658
>Any other question, anon?

What do you think of TP? Have you played the HD release on Wii U?
>>
>>376175851

REVOLUTIONARY AND GOTYAY

NINTENDO ALWAYS WINS; BABY
>>
Yup it was amazing, want to hear more about dlc pack 2 to decide if i will really buy that.
>>
File: Yellow Clarck Kent.jpg (24KB, 625x470px) Image search: [Google]
Yellow Clarck Kent.jpg
24KB, 625x470px
>>376175851
Nothing is revolutionary until other games come out, but I /hope/ it spurs change in the open world genre and is considered a revolutionary title.
>>
Not perfect, but honestly my favorite Zelda game. Kinda felt like the ending sucked, though. Maybe that's just because I didn't get all the memories? Not sure if that unlocks another ending or something.
>>
>>376177936
He's really not missing much with Zelda, let's be honest with ourselves. I haven't finished a Zelda since MM, and AoL and ALttP were both the games that I first played on SNES and NES.
Nothing special nowadays frankly. The only reason to play them is to experience video history.
>>
File: eyyy.jpg (87KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
eyyy.jpg
87KB, 500x375px
Fun to aimlessly wander around
Needed more enemy variety
Sucks that shrines all looked the same and tests of strength get way too repetitive
Ambient soundtrack is a nice idea, but there aren't enough songs, would have been nice if there was more than one horseback song and if there were variations of the main piano field theme so you don't hear that dunDUNdanuuuunnnn followed by the twinkle in every location
Champions were wasted potential and you barely learn anything about them since they're stuck in flashbacks
Ganon was lame
No way to increase stable size is shitty
English dub sucks (don't care about Japanese but the other languages I know put a lot more effort into the dialogue)
Story is pretty weak even for a Zelda game
Next Zelda should iron out the kinks
>>
>>376178979
I heard it does.
>>
>>376178979
>>376179063
True ending is just a brief scene where you plan to head to Zora's Domain with Zelda, she talks about the voice in the sword going quiet, you get a nice shot of her ass, and she makes a stupid face.
>>
File: tphd.jpg (186KB, 605x807px) Image search: [Google]
tphd.jpg
186KB, 605x807px
>>376178815

I loved TP on Game Cube, but tragically, I couldn't bring myself to play the HD port. I bought it and all, but there is it, collecting dust.

As you can see, I'm one of those guys who wanted something new and refreshing on the series, and I don't consider myself a nostalgia fag, even though I put OOT in my top 10.
>>
>>376177936
You can have standards without having to play Zelda, I say that as someone who's played many of them.
Besides, all the circlejerking around the older games enables all the mongoloid idiots who will shit on any Zelda game because they aren't OoT that I meet in real life.
>>
>>376178658
>Also, the twin shrines at the top of Dueling Peaks
that's an underrated shrine
>>
>>376179358
Big mistake I think. I played TP some time ago and was relucant with the HD version, just like you, got the Wolf Link amiibo version because Hype and love for the series but honestly it's a pretty good game, fixing all of the original Wii game problem and adding some interesting stuff. I had a more enjoyable experience replaying TP HD than with BtoW. Just be aware that the game has a really slow start and things kick off after the Goron dungeon.

Also be sure to play on Hero mode because it makes each encounter, especially near the end much more interesting.
>>
>>376177871
>I don't min-max in singleplayer games, unless its forcing me to through difficulty.
>using the resources the game freely gives you for their intended purpose is 'min-maxing'
>not learning the game for its own sake
>>
File: disguyactuallyhaspoint.gif (975KB, 290x231px) Image search: [Google]
disguyactuallyhaspoint.gif
975KB, 290x231px
>>376176142
>>
Dearly needs more enemies, dungeon layouts
>>
>>376175851
Worst dungeons in the series, stamina and durability aren't fun. Overall a middle of the road zelda game that doesn't feel like Zelda
>>
>>376175851

it was really good, one of the best games I've ever played. However, i kept thinking about it's untapped potential. 10/10 tho
>>
>>376179863

I appreciate your advice, but to be honest, I'm more a WW player if you ask me. I replayed the HD version at least four times, cause that game was my jam when it came out. Hero mode all the way after first run, especially for the cave of trials; it was pure joy and a challenge at the same time.

Maybe once I get satisfied with BotW, I could try TP HD, but the problem is I'm afraid I'm not gonna be able to enjoy it after completing this masterpiece.
>>
>>376175851
>honeymoon phase
Is this phrase the most pathetic attempt to try to invalidate a game since "fake fun"?
>>
File: Yuu approves.gif (899KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Yuu approves.gif
899KB, 500x281px
>>376180412
>I'm more a WW player if you ask me.

Excellent taste.

But still, give a shot to TP HD, preferably during a nice setup when you have a huge TV, lot of free time and a great sound system.
>>
revolutionary? Fuck no. Other open world games are better, with denser content, more fun things to do. less annoying bullshit, too, like rain preventing you from climbing, swimming halfway across a river only to drown because of your pitiful stamina, having to take off your gear in a lightning storm, and your weapons breaking after a handful of fights. there's no meat to NPC interactions, towns are places to start and turn in fetch quests, buy temporary hearts, or get new outfits to play dress-up with, enemies only change in minor ways in the different locations, weapons you get in the first hour will play the same way as ones you get in the final dungeon, and while it's fun to clear camps in creative ways that isn't enough to stretch over tens of hours of gameplay.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked the game and certainly wasn't upset about the time I spent with it. It has stuff it does well - wandering around is fun, the music (when it's not aimless minimalist piano ditterings) is great, ganon is a pretty fun boss if you don't have the divine beasts and haven't been grinding shrines for hearts, and while the divine beasts were pretty weak in execution they were great in concept and can become great if improved upon in a sequel.

It's a good game, but other zelda games do zelda better and other open world games do open world better.
>>
>>376181009

Seems like you should git gud, pal.
>>
>>376181121
I wish the game had more challenge to it. The only real challenge (other than stuff like your first lynel encounter or early on when any non-first tier enemy gibs you) was taking on ganon with three hearts and no divine beasts.
>>
>>376176171
>casualised
literally the hardest zelda since the NES era.
it does not hold your hand It does not tell you nothing, etc.
>>
>>376175943
dungeons in previous games took me 30-40mins at best, what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>376176142

Hey kike, how about your fat ass comes up with something better than another pointless food analogy? BOTW is like a piece of shit, not a chocolate cake.
>>
>>376181730

>literally the hardest zelda since the NES era.
Then explain how even Jim Sterling gave it a 7/10, when he has a hate of Nintendo normally. If your game is liked by the mainstream, it's not even close to being hard.
>>
>>376176275
Yeah, no matter how magical BotW feels at first, it still can't avoid that typical open world curse where the game becomes boring once you've seen the whole map (not obviously meaning literally 100% of it, more like having visited each region a little while). While some shrines are great, the game would really, really need something with a bit more variety both in content and rewards.

IMO the best parts of the game were those puzzles where you had to do something to access the shrine itself, it was cool how they were integrated into the game instead of being just closed puzzle rooms.
>>
>>376182202

I think korok's seeds were a mistake. The bad joke when you collect them all, I mean.
>>
>>376182076
This. If mainstream cuck reviewers like the game, you can be certain that it has been made for casual retards.
>>
>>376181894
It took you 30 - 40 minutes for every dungeon combined?
>>
>>376182202
>IMO the best parts of the game were those puzzles where you had to do something to access the shrine itself
Envinronmental puzzles were easily the best ones in the game, I really hope that they put more weight in them if they ever make another Zelda with an open world. That and actual thematic dungeons, and we would be looking at an actual 10/10.

And the funniest thing is that I've never even been the biggest fan of long dungeons in Zeldas, it just took one game in the series without them for me to realize how important they are for the game as whole. 4 mini dungeons just aren't enough.
>>
>>376182379

Nintendo did God's job with this game. They needed to appeal to casuals, to increase sellings. They instead appealed to everybody, except for retards and sony ponies. They didn't wanted a niche game, such as Bloodborne or Bayonetta. (And no, I'm not making a comparison between these games)
>>
>>376181009
>but other zelda games do zelda better
I agree
>and other open world games do open world better.
I disagree
>>
>>376182878

>They needed to appeal to casuals, to increase sellings.
So in other words.

>we're appealing to a wider audience

Juuuuuust like Call of Duty.
>>
>>376175851
give me a few months for me to rank it with the others but it's definitely in my top 4 zeldas
>>
>>376182549
how the fuck every shrine + 4 beast take 1 hour and a half?
>>
>>376183243
>>376182878
>>376182379
I'm guessing you guys don't actually play Zelda games, because Zelda games have been easy as fuck for about 20 years now.
>>
>>376183457

Of course they've been easy for 20 years. But I believe the point of making new installments in a series is to improve upon your flaws and failures, not repeat them for nostalgia's sake. Otherwise I'd have to consider BOTW to be nothing more than a rehash of Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess, since no matter how many gameplay changes it attempts, it will not even attempt to fix the core issues.
>>
>>376183382
I'm not him, my ESL friend, but he clearly didn't include shrines in his dungeon time. An hour and a half is a perfectly reasonable amount of time for the beasts and Hyrule Castle on your first play through.
>>
>>376183382
the shrines are not dungeons
>>
File: 1475297932095.png (415KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1475297932095.png
415KB, 640x480px
The best Zelda so far, in my opinion. That isn't to say it doesn't have its own fair share of flaws that I think could easily be fixed with updates/DLC, as much as I dread the thought of content being held up behind a paywall/internet connectivity.

However, this game existing has sort of put Nintendo in a tight spot. Like Ocarina of Time, they've now set a particular storytelling and gameplay standard for the series, not to mention the sheer scale of the world you're able to explore, and now have to top it somehow with something even more impressive. That, or they can fatally attempt to recreate its success for the next decade by making rehashes just like they did with Ocarina.

I am genuinely curious as to how the series is going to progress from this point on.
>>
>>376177591
save pictures to an SD card and upload them to a computer you fool
>>
File: 1477109071165.jpg (10KB, 205x249px) Image search: [Google]
1477109071165.jpg
10KB, 205x249px
>>376186467
>BotW
>setting a storytelling standard for the series
>>
>>376187174
Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it isn't true.

Awful voice acting aside, seeing the characters interact with each other through the memories/cutscenes is likely going to become a staple in the series.
>>
>>376175851
It's really fucking good, but revoluntionary? Maybe to modern gamers yes. Older open worlds follow BotW's formula
>>
>>376188063
Name a couple.
>>
>>376175851
>Is it as revolutionary as mainstream reviewers claimed it to be?
not really in my opinion
but the idea, that you can face the final boss (more or less) right from the start is neat (altough, hasn't Chrono Trigger done the same)
>>
>>376178040
This sums it up well especially
>you actually have to discover things on your own, no quest arrow
but koroks are literally filler. They start off as a neat concept with a good reward but then it becomes a painful and almost pointless grind for minimal reward
>>
>>376184652
>>376183654

pretty much the whole structure of the game as changed. Instead of have a 8 long dungeons we have 4 boss dungeons several shattered mini dungeons. The shrines are indeed the tipical puzzle room of a dungeon.
Thread posts: 116
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.