[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the wolfenstein games like this? Fun game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Doom4Splash.jpg (160KB, 729x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Doom4Splash.jpg
160KB, 729x1000px
Are the wolfenstein games like this? Fun game
>>
>75+ gig download

Who is responsible for this?
>>
File: 1405125649971.webm (3MB, 700x438px) Image search: [Google]
1405125649971.webm
3MB, 700x438px
>>376174886
Not really.
Shadow warrior 2 comes much closer but it has some rpg bullshit in the way. Don't bother with upgrades besides crit chance/damage and weapon modifiers, don't bother with orbs of masamune, and don't bother with endgame and you'll be good.
Also chainsaws work like actual chainsaws.

Painkiller is similar enough too I guess.
>>
>>376174886

Not even close.

Wolfenstein involves mostly cover shooting, and the way the game is designed if you play it like doom you're going to get fucked.
Still pretty fun and challenging on the higher difficulties like doom, but completely different for how you tackle killing shit
>>
>>376175098

Graphics fags. Hires textures aren't free. And no, you can't just "get into compression". Image compression was pretty much tapped out years ago, it's not going to get much better except for procedural generation and that means 1 hour load times.
>>
>>376176050

Aw, complaining about size in 2017.
>>
File: notwolfenstein.jpg (489KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
notwolfenstein.jpg
489KB, 1280x720px
not really, but theres this cool little rogue-like called tower of guns that has fast paced bullet hell style fps gameplay kinda like it.
>>
>>376175924
This, Wolfenstein requires you to play stealthy a lot. It's still a cool game but it's not really that much like DOOM.
>>
>>376176340
STRAFEā„¢ Will be better ;)
>>
>>376174886
Serious Sam is the closest, I believe.
You could try playing with mods that make the original Doom play like Doom 4, and use them with player-made map sets.
>>
>>376174886
Not quite. But they are good. Just expect to do more Far Cry stealth, but with better map design and weapons.
>>
>>376176050
Don't a lot of games get released with uncompressed music as well? Or is that a rumor? That can add up to gigabytes very quickly. I think it's somewhere like 1 gigabyte per hour of .flac, or something.
>>
Thanks for info lads
>>
File: vroom.gif (2MB, 496x281px) Image search: [Google]
vroom.gif
2MB, 496x281px
>>376178626
don't mention it
>>
>>376174886
I only played old blood, of the new ones that is. I liked nu-doom more, but wolfenstein is still better than most shooters in years. It has way more modern shooter design elements, but it still feels kinda old, in a good way, when compared to things coming out today. There are stealth focused parts, but most of the can be solved by just running in and shooting. I beat the game on uber the first time and forgot the cover mechanics exist. It's good, nothing groundbreaking, but still pretty fun. Nice guns, dual-wielding, solid campaign, some challenge arenas. The wolfenstein 3d levels don't feel that great, they drag on a bit, but can be avoided entirely
>>
>>376175098
It's the current year, having at least 2 th is cheap.
>>
The New Order/Old Blood had more difficult combat, required more caution in decision making.

Nu-Doom had better and more satisfying combat, but even on the hardest difficulties it's a cake walk unless you stop running in the middle of combat.

Overall, Nu-Doom>TNO/OB.
>>
>>376174886
no, Doom has a nice presentation but the game design is completely fucked up
if you mean TNO and TOB they are basically COD with wolfenstein name slapped on the front
>>
>>376174886
Not really but Wolfenstein TNO was still a really good game. Same composer as DOOM too.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.