[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Little Nightmares

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: little-nightmares-h.jpg (18KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
little-nightmares-h.jpg
18KB, 620x620px
So, you're the first rat that carried the bubonic plague, right?
>>
File: 1488236834921.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1488236834921.png
39KB, 321x322px
>>376170269
I'm listening...
>>
File: 1492138424965.png (8KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1492138424965.png
8KB, 112x112px
These 'atmospheric,' the STORY IS HIDDEN IN THE BACKGROUND, BRO, games are so shit.

>Add Darksouls to the list
>>
>>376170503
The games themselves are fine, it's the people that they attract that need to be round up and shot.
>>
An interesting theory, but one that doesn't really fit with the rest of the events in the story.
>>
>>376170503
After beating it in 2 hours, I'd say there is no story.
>>
>>376170374
Well, throughout the game, you're treated kinda like a rat. And you're on a boat or whatever. That scene when you go up to first class just gives that "rat on a boat" kinda vibe hard.

Plus, the eating of dead people.

And then that shit happens at the end. That black power she got from the woman really reminds me of the black plague.

Or maybe I'm just overthinking it because I read Laurus recently, I don't know.

>>376170503
Or you can just take it at face value, and you're a little girl escaping some monsters who want to eat you, and end up gaining magical powers.

But the part where you eat the triangle-head dude...
>>
No stupid, but you are the little nightmare In a world of weird giants and magical geishas. You are an anomaly in the world. the beings around you think you are like them while everything else is afraid of what you can do.
>>
>>376170986
Then why do the fat customers eat you?

>in b4 "why would they eat a rat?"
They did, in boats, way back when.
>>
You are the daughter of the proprietor of the Maw (the masked woman), who loathes herself (probably due to what she is and what that entails) so much that she wears a mask, cast out her own child, broke all mirrors in her personal quarters and covered all the paintings that might remind her.

Embittered by your mother's betrayal, you set out to kill her. The people and security measures try to kill you because you resemble the little gnome-like creatures which are vermin. Being the daughter of whatever the proprietor is, you suffer from the hunger for life that she tries so hard to suppress.

As to what the fuck is going on with the world at large and what the patrons are, I have no idea.
>>
>>376171326
Did you forget that there are actual rats in the ship?
>>
>>376171838
Sure.

One of which she herself ate. And rats eat each other.
>>
>>376171974
Don't you think it works against the allegory you are trying to set up if they show rats in the game and then try to allude that the player character is a substitute for one?
>>
>>376171974
Why does rat have lighter?
>>
>>376170269
You're an abstract representation of innocence in a setting that represents the abstract concept of gluttony and by the end of it you destroy the setting at the expense of corrupting yourself.
>>
>>376170858
is it still good for the artwork? the sample pics look interesting but i got bored after about 5 minutes of nothing new gameplay even tho i love the art style
>>
Metaphors are lazy writing.
>>
>>376171326
No where in the game is it implied they WANT to eat you. they just chase after you trying to stop you.
>>
>>376171635
It's complete speculation on my part, but I think that all the children that are being turned into food for the guests are the kids of that same woman. Perhaps she attempted to give birth to a "normal" child despite her being not so normal, ultimately not being successful and is using the restaurant front to get rid of the children.
>>
The story is literally as follows

>You're on a submarine used to harvest children to feed fat, rich, cannibals who pay to visit the island and eat children. You're unique because you're the daughter of the Masked Lady, who runs the place, she was so obsessed with her own beauty that she found her own daughter (you) a threat since you may challenge her beauty. So she cast you down to be raised, harvested, and eaten.

I like OP's version better anyway
>>
>>376173116
>Obsessed with her own beauty

It's the polar opposite. She hates what she looks like, and by extension she hates you for either reminding her of herself or actually being more beautiful.

She wouldn't have smashed the mirrors and wear a mask if she thought herself beautiful.
>>
So was she always burned by her own reflection, or did the act of breaking all of those mirrors and hating her own image give that final mirror power over her?
>>
>>376173537
It's likely that the mirror being able to actually harm her was due to her nature as a supernatural being more than any pent up hatred lashing out at her through the mirror.
>>
File: This guy right here.jpg (34KB, 251x309px) Image search: [Google]
This guy right here.jpg
34KB, 251x309px
>>376172604
Here perhaps... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nyYhfEnuQ0
>>
>>376172657
>>376173289

So, she wants a child (as evidenced by her creation of the little statuettes), but always ends up hating them after they are born due to them either not being deformed like she is or being deformed like her and thus she can't bear to look at them, which leads to her casting them out to be made into food for the patrons?
>>
>>376174164
hot
>>
Sorry about the delayed reply. The lights went out for a bit.

By the way, I had forgotten to add: one of the reasons I believe this too, is also the girl's raincoat. It reminds me of Hastur/The King in Yellow. And Lovecraft also wrote The Rats on the Walls.

>>376172134
I believe the girl, the gnome things and the rats are all rats.

Rats eat each other.

>>376172351
She only uses it to see in the dark. And to light stuff that doesn't interact with the world.

Rats can see in the dark (iirc. That's why they have red eyes, right?)

>>376172604
If they catch you, they eat you.

The long-armed dude, the cooks and the lady don't eat you. But the customers do.

>>376173116
Well, fuck.
>>
What happened to One, Two, Three, Four and Five?

Simple. They're the staff
>>
>>376174324
Why would they have both actual rats and allegorical rats in the game?
>>
>>376175252
For that very allegory.

First you eat a rat. Then you eat a gnome just like you ate that rat - as in, you ate another rat. And then you ate the plague/managed to metastasize the plague after it killed you(r species) a number of times.

Or I'm reading too much into this. But it just fits.
>>
Does anyone else hate the saving system of this game? Like the lanterns and candles aren't checkpoints, and the game has checkpoints at arbitrary places.
>>
Is this an actual game or one of those "night in the woods" deals
>>
>>376177994
its Limbo
>>
>>376177994
It's a pretty short non-story centric platformer with decent graphics/artwork.
That's already more that can be said about shit in the woods.
>>
I was never able to finish these kind of games but there was something in this one that made me play it to the end. Pleasantly surprised.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.