[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best horror game ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

best horror game ever
>>
is it really THAT good? i was thinking about getting it
>>
>>376170439
If you like horror famds and the aesthetics (lookup a trailer of it) it's definitely worth it. Pretty nice story as well
>>
>>376170439
It's not better than any of the classics like Silent Hill, but if you are scared of deep ocean like me you are going to get spooked
Gameplay is shit and monsters are annoying BUT it's still great
>>
>>376170439
No, it's a good story but complaints about the gameplay are common even from the games biggest advocates.

It's a great story and worth talking about but as a game it's not very good. It's a really good horror story, not a really good horror game.
>>
>>376170439
just read a plot summary for a better experience, as the story is decent but the characters are shit and the gameplay is awful.
>>
>>376170439
As a game it's pretty horrible. It speaks volumes when it's actually arguably better to just remove the danger from the game entirely and turn it into a literal walking sim than have to deal with it's cumberstone and boring stealth and survival mechanics.

It's not very good as a horror either. Even without the mods that remove the danger, the game is rarely ever scary above just being unsettling and dark.

That said, it's a good story, and it has great atmosphere. And if you can just ignore the fact that it's a wasted opportunity to make anything mechanically interesting happen, it's still worth playing through for the settings, character, story and themes. It's one of the better sci-fi's and arguably one of the best takes on the otherwise really tired subject matter of artificial intelligence and consciousness you'll find.

Basically, it's the opposite of Talos Principle: the gameplay is really dull and not worth playing for at all, but the actual "philosophy" is worth paying attention to.

Definitely not the best "game" out there, and not the best horror either.* But worth playing non the less.
>>
Can i run this on my i7 2.0ghz 8gb ram intel 4400?
>>
File: 1466947781156.gif (318KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
1466947781156.gif
318KB, 250x309px
>One of the best horror games released in recent years
>Dude go read a summary instead lmao
>>
>>376170197
Gameplay is so boring and terrible it's not worth going through even if the story itself is pretty gud.

Watch this shit on youtube or something, don't pay money for it.
>>
>>376172628
No. Buy the game THEN watch it on youtube.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.