[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone know if this game is going to be good or not? i'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

does anyone know if this game is going to be good or not? i'm primarily an fps guy who enjoys games like csgo and pubg.

my friends are all getting this game but i've never played a red orchestra/rising storm game so i have no idea how fun it will be.

does anyone here have experience with this game/type of game and have an opinion on how/why it will be a good multiplayer fps game?
>>
If the game wasn't coming out in less than two weeks or so I'd say just find RO2 on sale somewhere and try that out to see if you'd even like this sort of fps, but from the one beta wave I played of RS2 I really enjoyed it, however I see this games greatest weakness and inevitable downfall being its map count
>>
>>376164547
as i understand it, this game is a more tactical version of battlefield?

is this essentially the same as "squad" except set in vietnam?
>>
File: 1398636384032.webm (3MB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
1398636384032.webm
3MB, 750x450px
>>376164218
I've only played original RO-games + RS1 (expansion to RO2), and from what I've seen, RS2 won't deviate from the formula much at all.

Keywords: realism & brutality. That's what RO games are all about. They're not quiiite on simulator level, but they definitely are more than couple notches above anything mainstream and casual most people play nowadays.

You get hit? You start to bleed, and will die unless you patch it up. That is, unless you get a fatal wound, in case you either drop dead on the spot, or QUICKLY bleed to death. Damage to limbs hinders performance related to them. Explosions and near-hits will cause "suppression" on you and enemies.

Guns move in "free aim" mode when not aiming through sights, meaning they are NOT centered by default. So forget about hip-firing unless it's SHTF situation of mere couple meters from your enemy.
On top of that, there's actual bullet physics. You can even adjust your gun's sights.

Same attention to details applies to vehicles. They don't just have some "HP bar", but instead you can damage and disable them in numerous different ways, depending on where you hit 'em and whether your attacks are strong enough to penetrate their armor.

Expect to die. A lot. Especially in the beginning.
If you're fine with that and got a handful of friends to play tactically, these are some brilliant, fun and engaging games.
>>
File: Capture.png (2KB, 203x23px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
2KB, 203x23px
>>376164218
no
>>
>>376164798
>as i understand it, this game is a more tactical version of battlefield?
This one moreso than RO2, but only really cause of the new squad system that's like BF2's

>is this essentially the same as "squad" except set in vietnam?
Nah, matches are more focused than in Squad
Squad is more of a sandbox type deal and while RS2 does have a map/gamemode that's similar to that experience its not on the same scale
>>
>>376164947
>Antimatter Games is Tripwire
>>
>>376164798
Not quite. While combat is just as lethal as it is in Squad, the game is much faster paced and more compact. While good squad play is rewarded, it's not mandatory like it is in Squad.
>>
You can purchase it now, play the beta on the 11th of this month and see if you like it. If you don't, you can refund it. I think that would be your best option to determine whether you like the game or not.
>>
>>376164218

Well I bought it cause I'm a big fan of RO2. Still play it till this day along with Day of Infamy and squad. I played the shit outta BC2: vietnam. Worst case scenario play for a couple hours next thursday when the next beta wave opens, and if you don't like it. refund it.
>>
Yeah its pretty fucking awesome. Niche game for a niche audience. Something tells me you or your friends won't like it or will probably only invest 10 hours in it and never play it again.

I have 500+ hours in RO2/RS, I'll probably have twice as many in RS2.

Although I feel like RS2 might be easier for people to get in to since now everyone has automatics and all, but its still very much a game of the same series and feels as such. I hope you do it like it and its a shame you didn't manage to learn about the beta they had because you could of then tried it. I know I sound like an asshole so I don't want to put you off, maybe you'll really like the game, and its certainly going to need all the players it can get probably. Theres also always Steam refunds.
>>
>>376165325

Squad is slow paces in some parts of the game, combat can be intense and quick, but sometime sparse.
>>
>>376165612
Whats your thoughts on the map count for release anon
>>
>>376164218
Forget what you hear, you can play this game solo and be just fine, in fact I reccomend playing alone, being in a call of faggots constantly spouting memes and complaining that it's broken for not being hitscan gets old.

Expect satisfying gunplay, weighty movement and really fun times.
>>
If you do get it get ready to endure hundreds of meme spouting autist all going GO HOME GEE EYEEE XDDD after every match
>>
>>376165992
I don't recommend playing alone. Red Orchestra bots are notoriously bad.

>>376166153
This is every game with a theme. Most admins will take care of this.
>Game set in Middle East.
>ALLAH ACKBAR every game.
>>
>>376165809
I'm not that anon but 8 maps is pretty good for release since they will inevitably release more maps along with community map contests. Also RS2s maps are going to be quite a bit bigger than most of the base maps from RO2 and RS because helicopters.
>>
>>376166282
I don't mean alone as in nobody on the server with yo, just without friends/not in a call.

Just get immersed and top that fucking leaderboard.
>>
>>376166748
My mistake, I agree with you then. You can definitely play this game without having friends. I would know...
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.