[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like Banjo Kazooie, pass it on.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 11

File: banjo-kazooie.png (615KB, 766x468px) Image search: [Google]
banjo-kazooie.png
615KB, 766x468px
I like Banjo Kazooie, pass it on.
>>
Does Julian really have a glass eye?
>>
>>376162905
Tooie was better
>>
>>376163159

Tooie is gay.
>>
>>376162905
The chunky lofi graphics give me a headache. Mario 64 had the right idea with simple textures
>>
>>376162905
I want to fuck Banjo and Kazooie
>>
File: BanjoBanjoTooie1.jpg (548KB, 1987x2349px) Image search: [Google]
BanjoBanjoTooie1.jpg
548KB, 1987x2349px
>>376163339

I just want to fuck Banjo.
>>
>>376162905
Hey everyone! Get a load of this guy! He likes Banjo Kazooie!

>>376162974
Maybe. They sounded dead serious when talking about it, though it might just be an epic prank, bro.
>>
>>376162974
>>376163737
What the fuck are you guys talking about?
>>
File: C29_UVcXgAEs3x_.jpg (128KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
C29_UVcXgAEs3x_.jpg
128KB, 720x960px
>>376163339

>bi-sluts
>>
>>376163694
Banjo's feet are sexy
>>
>>376163159
>Tooie was better

I thought Tooie was better until I played Kazooie.

Banjo Kazooie > Banjo Tooie
>>
>>376163694
Look at the texture on that nose, goddamn, 3D renders from the 5th gen were so good.
>>
BK is very overrated, people saying it is like 10/10 with that horrible level design
>>
>>376163809
oneyplays have just started playing this game. they thought it was meant to be a thread about them
>>
>>376163906
>playing them out of order
>>
File: 1451068452470.jpg (40KB, 606x174px) Image search: [Google]
1451068452470.jpg
40KB, 606x174px
>>376163273
You're gay
>>
>>376163975
woops I meant BT
>>
>>376163339
I'd fuck Kazooie while she was sitting in the backpack, so Banjo would have to feel every thrust.
>>
File: C-YE_NNXsAENdw5.jpg large.jpg (31KB, 378x591px) Image search: [Google]
C-YE_NNXsAENdw5.jpg large.jpg
31KB, 378x591px
>>376163809

Julian from Oneyplays mentioned that he has a glass eye on their Banjo Kazooie playthrough but they are most likely just fucking with everybody like they usually do. But what's more important is that Someone doxxed Ding Dong and gave away his identity.
>>
>>376163159
Tooie is way too ambitious for its own good. I adored Kazooie, though it certainly had its faults, but Tooie felt like such a slog after just one level, and I knew it was only going to get worse from there, so I dropped it. Switching between Banjo and Mumbo while also still having transformations was miserable, as was the shooter section in the tomb.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>376163282

Nintendo's retarded fanbase is the reason they will never be good again.
>>
>>376164368
I agree in that it tried doing a little too much for its own good.

Still very impressive though.
>>
>>376164290
The glass eye thing has some credence based on this comic he drew back in 2013.

Also shit like your spoiler is exactly the kind of thing that Ding Dong laughs about because he's said multiple times that nobody's attempts at uncovering his identity have been on the right track in the slightest.
>>
>>376164257
nah I mean Banjo Kazooie, the levels are empty as fuck and feel like a big room with sparse shit spread around

Banjo Kazooie was partly responsible for the death of 3D platformers, because it focus so much on collecting jiggies that it forgot how to make getting them feel exciting.

Getting the first one is just on the top of a rock easy as fuck, like the game was made for retards. Now Mario 64 did it right, because the stars are just end goals, the first star you get is after exploring the first level and fighting a mini boss.

The contrast between Kazooie and Mario 64 in terms of gameplay is enormous.
>>
File: Julian.gif (293KB, 414x700px) Image search: [Google]
Julian.gif
293KB, 414x700px
>>376164290

>enemies can "dox" you
>>
File: sm64 bk.png (1MB, 1058x1578px) Image search: [Google]
sm64 bk.png
1MB, 1058x1578px
>>376164548
You're clearly cherrypicking. Both games had their respective collectibles that were just sitting at the top of a rock or other similar geographic obstacle, and both also had them guarded by dangerous enemies and bosses.

Also,

>Now Mario 64 did it right, because the stars are just end goals

>Jiggies aren't as exciting to collect as stars because they don't eject you from the level immediately

Come on, son.
>>
>>376164548
>Banjo Kazooie was partly responsible for the death of 3D platformers

Except it ushered in several whole franchises trying to clone it. (That all did it worse)

>I mean Banjo Kazooie, the levels are empty as fuck

Except none of them are. You need help.

>The contrast between Kazooie and Mario 64 in terms of gameplay is enormous.

And you don't actually have to compare them on anything but their individual merits.
>>
>>376164949
I just played BK recently and yes, collecting jigsaws isn't fulfilling at all. The levels are tiny, empty and really devoid of hazards outside of some enemies spread around. Jiggies like the one I mention are the norm, rather than the exception.

You always have some really obvious jiggies in all worlds, that you just find stumbling around. Mario 64 had some stars you found by exploring, but its level design was simply superior, which made the exploration better. BK levels are just a big empty room with enemies thrown around, and the platforming in Banjo is lacking big time.

>>376165218
You need to take off the nostalgia glasses. The first level of Banjo is basically a small hillside with fuck all to do. Then you have that swamp which is like 2 rooms you travel around.

You don't want to compare Banjo Kazooie to Mario 64 because you know it's an inferior game, they're both two 3D platformers, but Banjo invented the collectathon genre, while Mario's stars were more of accomplishments to get. In BK you get jiggies by "shoot the snowman's belly 3 times", while in Mario you required to do a fair amount of exploration, or maybe a race or a boss to get them.
>>
>>376164368
Having interconnected levels and an overworld with more stuff in it was a good idea but they took it too far and ended up with gigantic empty levels and too much context sensitive stuff. Also I think the minigames in both games arent fun and just waste your time, Tooie having a fuckon of them.
>>
>>376165803
I loved that about Tooie, but it was a chore to navigate. What they should have done was double the levels, make them the size of Kazooie's and kept them connected. That way, you'd have more variety and less tedium. Are there any games that made that attempt since?
>>
>>376165556
>In BK you get jiggies by "shoot the snowman's belly 3 times"
In SM64, you get three separate stars by punching the same ghost in the face 3 times.

>while in Mario you required to do a fair amount of exploration, or maybe a race or a boss to get them.
In BK, you find jiggies by racing timers in Bubblegloop Swamp, playing a challenging game with a crocodile, climbing to the top of a snowman and defeating an ice cube monster, entering a giant cathedral and playing music on an organ for a ghostly hand, turning into a pumpkin and diving into a well, figuring out a timed maze in a boobytrapped pyramid, and a lot more. But nah, none of that is exploration according to you. You only remember the jiggies that are just sitting there and judge the whole experience by that, when SM64 had plenty of those stars too.

And half of the "exploration" in Mario is just getting back to the deeper parts of the level because the game boots you out after collecting every star. Banjo has the same type of exploring, it just doesn't waste your time making you repeat the same paths over and over again, letting you do a single sweep across the level in any order you want.

I love both games, but your argument is founded very strongly on your own biases. Banjo's platforming might not be as spot on as Mario's, but he has a much more varied arsenal and more ways to interact with the world in exchange, while also having enough platforming and other challenges to still be plenty of fun.
>>
>>376166610
I cant think of any. They could have fixed it for Dk64 but instead they removed that and doubled down on all the bad aspects of BT.
>>
>>376166610
I'd love to see a 3D platformer that cleverly connects levels like that, without making them unreasonably large and tedious like Tooie's levels were.
>>
>>376164290
How do you guys not know who Ding Dong is anyway?
>>
>>376167126
The difference is that the level where you punch ghosts in Mario 64 is quite big and maze-like. The snowman level in BK is laughable, it's just a single tall room that you get Tooie to fly around and do it.

The levels in Mario changed when you went for a different star, which added variety, yes you could get multiple in the same run, but the events in the world changed in some stars.

I'm not remembering this from my childhood, I just played it recently and found it to be quite average. Perhaps you're the one with biases here. I'd like to see some picture of Banjo's level design compared to Mario, but it's much harder than a game like Doom where a screenshot from the top suffices to see how the level design is. The levels in BK are atrocious, overly simplistic, it does get quite boring, repetitive to waddle around and find obvious jigsaw pieces, and to get one after using the ground pound on objects and stuff.
>>
>>376167707
>The snowman level in BK is laughable, it's just a single tall room

Are many levels in SM64 not just big rooms with stuff in the middle, and maybe a few minor adjacent areas? (Bob-omb Battlefield, Jolly Roger Bay, Shifting Sand Land, Lethal Lava Land, Dire Dire Docks, Snowman's Land, Wet Dry World, Tick Tock Clock, etc.) But if you're going to tear apart that jiggy, then surely you don't mind how many stars in Mario are just
>jump in the cannon and launch to a platform
as well as
>go to this chain chomp and pound his stump 3 times
>go to this room and hit 3 books in the right order
>go to this platform and punch some guy into the lava
>avoid these easy rocks and wall jump up a wall
Anything can be trivialized and devalued if you describe it that way.

>The levels in Mario changed when you went for a different star
Yeah, Koopa the Quick spawns this time, wow. Sunshine and Galaxy actually did the mission-based variety much better.

>I'm not remembering this from my childhood, I just played it recently and found it to be quite average.
I've played both games within the past two years. It was my first playthrough of BK, in fact, compared to probably half a dozen playthroughs of SM64 since my childhood.

>Banjo's level design compared to Mario
Mario's much more heavily platform based than Banjo, which is fine, because they're two different games. Banjo's heavier on quirky interactions, solving puzzles, and exploring. Two different level design fundamentals.
>>
>>376167585

Isn't he some guy that used to be the editor and writer of The Best Gamers?
>>
>>376169112
I know he used to be a part of that group, but I'm not sure what he did.
>>
>>376167585
Ding Dong is just ChipCheezum doing a funny voice.
>>
>>376169560
Isn't ChipCheezum a huge SJW now? Ding Dong's practically the opposite of that.
>>
>all these underaged fucks who never played telephone.

sorry OP could've been a pretty great thread if we weren't surrounded by antisocial memespiutting literal children
>>
>>376163906
>I thought Tooie was better even though I hadn't played Kazooie yet
Retard.
>>
>>376168909
Mario 64's levels got more variety of things to do and hazards. The very first level has the bob ombs in the beginning, a seesaw to get up there, a cannon dropping shit on top of you, a mountain you gotta climb with shit coming at you,and then a miniboss at the top.

Banjo's first level is just a hillside with enemies sprinkled here and there. There's not much to it at all. All you gotta do is to get the Kazooie ability to walk on slopes, and you go anywhere. The whole bumbo transformation mechanic is boring as sin as well, how would you like abilities that just allow you to walk over something and fuck all else? Then you gotta walk all the way back and forth just to unlock things with the forms, it's just extremely dull. This goes for pretty much all levels, they're uneventful, devoid not only of platforming but of hazards.

You're overlooking how the levels are a part in how you get to stars in Mario, it's not only the lack of platforming of BK, it's how the levels are UNINTERESTING in Banjo, they feel quite empty, and devoid of hazards. You say the sand level of Mario 64, that level has the tornado shit throwing you around, the hollow metal cubes you need to pass by, riding on shells and such. BK's have... pretty much fuck all to do? You get to the pirate bay level of BK and you just have water, and you walk around the wooden shit, and I guess later you fly with kazooie. But there's really not much to the level or to most levels of BK.
>>
>>376169882
Sorry that we're discussing video games
>>
>>376169613
Chip is the phantom.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.