[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I sell my gaming PC for a PS4?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
So to explain, I only want a maximum of two games consoles in my house. And I think with the amount of time I can put to gaming, that's fair enough.

I currently have a gaming PC and a Switch. Gaming PC is a little HTPC with an R9 Nano so reasonably beefy. Its hooked up to my TV with Big Picture Steam and a Steam Controller. The Switch is not in question, but the PC I'm considering selling for Cash and a PS4.

Steam has an amazing catalogue, but the PS4s heritage catalogue is improving. A number of cool PS2 Classics have been announced recently, including Code Veronica and those probably won't come to PC. In addition, a lot of the PS3 gen games that were previously PC only (this gen) that now have collections on PS4 (like the Ezio Collection). I'm also a big Final Fantasy fan, so I'm waiting on FFXV and will be in the same situation for FFVIIr. I also assume PS5+ will be fully backwards compatible because of x86 so again thats good for building up a library (can you sense a theme here?) I've not even mentioned PS4 exclusives yet.

In contrast PC has full backwards compatibility, pretty much all the existing FFs are on there. Its basically covered for most games in the PS3/360 gen, and similarly so for current gen (albeit with a few major exceptions). I also often pick up indie games, but can see my Switch increasingly getting those.

So my question is: Which should I pick? To stop it turning in to a console war, I'd like you to only talk about the positives about the platform you pick and your reasoning, and avoid being negative about the other platform. Thanks!
>>
>>376160983
Well, PS4's have a major positive, in that they protect a rectangle on my table from dust! That makes life a lot easier, since I would care about dust on the table, but I don't care about dust on the PS4.
>>
File: 1494100063869.webm (2MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1494100063869.webm
2MB, 640x1136px
>>376160983
I own a PC and a PS4, building a PC specifically for "gaming" was the worst decision I made to date. I don't enjoy Mobas or Shooters, yeah you can emulate games, but a modern 500$ Laptop can emulate everything expect Cemu maybe.

I purchased the PS4 around the Yakuza 0 release, didn't regret it, the PS4 catalogue is top notch and it's even becoming better in the future.

To come to your question, if that PC is the only computer in your household, No, don't do it, if you have a Laptop around for surfing and other stuff, yeah why not. In the end you are spending money to "enjoy" and if you feel like the PS4 will be more enjoyable than your PC, go for it.

And Sony will always be FFs main plattform, FF7 remake will come to it, and there will probably be plenty of old FF ports coming to PS4 also.
>>
>>376161321
the problem is, you only like garbage games. then again, so does op, so maybe he should choose the worse option so that he can stop fucking up the pc community?
>>
File: file.png (135KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
135KB, 500x415px
>>376161458
>>
>>376161321
what is this I'm watching?
>>
>>376160983
Good goyim, get rid of that PC, greatness awaits!
>>
>>376161458
What are some of your recommended PC games, friend?
>>
File: 1449875428901.gif (1010KB, 500x248px) Image search: [Google]
1449875428901.gif
1010KB, 500x248px
>>376160983
I'm going to warn you right now OP

Don't fucking do it. The service Sony offers alone is a fucking joke, the store never loads, and the community is utter cancer.

t. bought a ps4 after my motherboard died and regretted it so gave it to my siblings and rebuilt a new PC.
>>
File: SayNoMore.png (2MB, 1637x585px) Image search: [Google]
SayNoMore.png
2MB, 1637x585px
>>376161856
Say no more, my friend.
>>
>>376160983
Are you really that poor to save up $300?
>>
>>376162057
Ok, without making fun of you, let's just say we have different tastes.
>>
>>376160983
the only reason to get a ps4 is bloodborne
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.