[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 26

File: starcraft2.jpg (74KB, 1417x742px) Image search: [Google]
starcraft2.jpg
74KB, 1417x742px
What went wrong?
>>
File: blizzard.jpg (74KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
blizzard.jpg
74KB, 600x400px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wrw3c2NjeE
blizzard did
>>
>>376158270
everything after Wings of Liberty
>>
blizzard's jewery killing the early e-sport scene

balancing that focuses on l33t micro rather than balancing that relies on scouting and building the right thing (you can micro against stuff that's suppost to beat your units, leading to a-move deathballing)

it's pretty good right now though, and doesn't deserve to be shit on at this point. but the truth is..

people would rather play a moba. even hots is mor popular than sc2.
>>
>be greedy fucks at blizzard
>try to go for the esport cashcow from the get go instead of the more respectable idea of making a fun game that may or may not become suitablr for an esport

i guess overwatchs success mean there will never be a sc3 and i am fucking glad
>>
SC2 had possibly the worst storyline of any big-budget game in history, it was unbelievable how fucking stupid that plot was.

>Overmind was good all along, even though Zeratul linked minds with it and never mentioned this
>Kerrigan wasn't evil, she was just possessed by Zerg-bits, even though she specifically confirms she is in full control of her actions in Brood War
>Kerrigan is a good guy who compromises her own plans to save innocent lives, even though uninfested Kerrigan helped Mengsk murder billions using psi-amplifiers
>Kerrigan is no longer a manipulative villain, just a mean bitch with no stake in anything
>Raynor and Kerrigan's love story is the most important thing in the whole universe, even though it was literally like three flirty banter lines in the first game
>Zerg aren't parasitic worms from a volcanic planet, they're spiky things from a jungle planet
>UED never returns despite still having interests in the Koprulu sector
>Nova is squeezed in everywhere because fans sure loved her in that game that never came out
>Tassadar comes back as a Force ghost
>Fenix comes back as a robot because fuck meaningful deaths
>nobody is the bad guy, they're all being manipulated by Amon
>Duran has a Dragonball Z laser fight with Star Kerrigan
>ANCIENT EVIL PROPHECIES

SC2's story, as a whole, was a mistake. Modern Blizzard is a mistake
>>
Replaced User Map Settings with that other garbage cusim game browser and it took them 3 years to bring UMS back in a shittier version that doesn't show how many people are in a room.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBO6yC5FdTM&t=316s
>>
>>376159064
they weren't wrong though

playing an mmo without updates and content patches is retarded and boring
>>
>>376158270
I think mobas just killed off competitive rts. Also blizzard didnt invest enough in tournaments early on to get more of the market. People can only play simple moba games that are pick up and play now.

Pity the sc2 custom game scene didnt pick up like war 3 either. See how remastered goes....
>>
They really should have added in all the campaign upgrades and special units for each race

The game is stale as fuck
>>
>>376162195
>warcraft 4 will boom
>we will have a custom game scene once again
HOPE
>>
>>376162224
campaing should have started with all the BW units as default, and unlocking upgrades every mission for each but no, they had get rid of the units only to make you farm them one by one each mission to "teach you" how to use them one by one
>>
>>376162335
im more hoping nu-blizzard doesn't rape warcraft like they did with their other franchises. wc3 is still very much playable even online and is an actual good game
>>
>>376162335
Yeah still so many people playing war 3 customs. The maps are incredible.
>>
>>376162597
>still so many people playing war 3 customs
really? lat time i checked it was all dota games created by bots that auto kick you
>>
>>376162335
War 4 is the final bastion of competitive rts. It has potential to be huge and bring it back. Although wow has raped the lore the races and units are all still there + more.
>>
>>376162808
but warcraft 3 was never a good competetive rts.
>>
>>376162808
How has wow raped the lore? Bar Nerzhul being a pussy and Sargeras corrupting the eredar instead of being corrupted by them i don't think there's any significant lorebreaking retcon. I think the expansion of the lore in Pandaria was cool.
But wod was dogshit, gameplay and lore wise, i haven't tried legion so i don't know if they fucked anything there.
I like to pretend wod didn't happen.
>>
>>376158270
episodes
WoL was goat
>>
>>376163170
The Draeni backstory.
>>
File: kerrigan.jpg (617KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
kerrigan.jpg
617KB, 2880x1800px
Campaigns sold as three different games.
Gook click micro-focused gameplay, multiplayer balanced with gook click in mind. Has no mass appeal.
Story is really fucking dumb. Sky high production values wasted on possibly the worst sci-fi story in modern history.
Custom games neutered out of the gate, with Blizzard making sure to tell you that they own everything you do in the engine.
>>
>>376158270
Besides the retarded plot, the way game controls now kind of ruined a lot of what made the old one good

In SC1 you were extremely vulnerable at all points of the game, and constant, sometimes multiple simultaneous skirmishes with smaller groups over map control and resources would happen from almost the very beginning to the very end, and the balancing between the races made each extremely unique while also perfectly balanced and viable.
The weird quirks of the game gave rise to a huge number of meta strategies (muta ball, walling, etc). Map control, intel, positioning of units, all this mattered, and the limitations of the game itself made it unviable to just all out attack

In SC2 almost none of this happens; you basically poke your enemy a bit, mass up a giant blob, then A+mouse 1. Sometimes split for baneling mines or other aoe. Just watch recent tournament replays on youtube for each game and you'll see for yourself
>>
WoL was pretty good, besides the campaign. Trying to sell the same game 3 times instead of just making the "expansions" patches was a fucking dumb idea
>>
>>376163170
>I think the expansion of the lore in Pandaria was cool.
It's too bad they didn't keep doing that and instead decided to just retread old ground forever with WoD and Legion.
>>
>>376161578
>Zerg aren't parasitic worms from a volcanic planet, they're spiky things from a jungle planet
this was the worst, for what purpose?
>>
>>376164919
Did they fuck up anything in Legion?
>>
>>376165386
Other than
>Hey remember those tiny islands in the middle of the ocean where the Tomb of Sargeras is? Well actually it's a continent and it's always been there for thousands of years
Not really. It's just that it's all stuff that people already knew about. Aside from Suramar it feels like we're just fighting the same old enemies we have been since TBC.
>>
>>376165603
Next one is gonna be return of the Lich king i presume?
>>
>>376165750
Well, the Lich King is in Legion. If you play a Death Knight and go Frost, you see him around occasionally as a ghost in the Broken Isles.
And Lich Bolvar occasionally talks to you too.

I don't know what they plan to do with the next expansion.
>>
>>376158270

>retarded plot
>seriously, just fuck that plot
>completely different artstyle and atrocious sound design makes the entire game feel weightless and plastic, take the siege tank for the best example
>armies are too easy to control, units school like goddamn fish and to keep APM requirements high they added pointless busywork like larva inject
>entire game is explicitly around hard counters instead of a huge toolbox of niche units like in Brood War
>because of the easy unit control every army is a deathball, no interesting micro like in BW, no massive, drawn-out engagements, just too blobs circling eachother and the one with the better hard counters melting the other
>this makes games dreadful and completely uninteresting to watch
>completely unbalanced, constant haphazard changes completely reworking everything every few months, see swarm host
>apparently, even this ultra fast and bobby game wasnt fast enough so you start with a gorillion workers now, a desperate attempt to catering to low attention span casuals as pros are going back to BW

You could write a doctors thesis why it sucks, and basically it involves everything, every small segment of the game but this is the general gist.
>>
>>376161578
>she specifically confirms she is in full control of her actions in Brood War
That could've just been her "Zerg side" talking as well.
>>
>>376161687
>>376161578
This were the worst and had most impact for casual gamers. Let's imagine a normie SC fan who watched some tournaments, generally liked Brood War and had fond memories of it. He would finish campaign, then go on to play online 1v1 matches, lose every time and instead turn to easier custom maps. And custom maps at beginning of SC2 were godawful, the editor was too difficult to learn for semi-good maps to come out fast enough and retarded Blizzard removed lobby system and chat channels opting for matchmaking all the way. So naturally you could find opponents only on like 2 maps, both of which were simply boring. At this point the casual gamer uninstalled SC2, regretted the purchase and never bothered with the expansions.
>>
>>376161578
The whole Kerrigan love story was the biggest slap in the face to the fanbase of all time.

Also, SC2 drove away casuals HARD by fucking up the custom gamemodes with the Arcade matchmaking.
>>
File: 1481620752162.png (188KB, 340x431px) Image search: [Google]
1481620752162.png
188KB, 340x431px
>Really like the dark atmosphere, asshole characters and plot of Starcraft, even if it has goofy elements like space rednecks, fourth wall breaking unit quotes and a blue haired pinhead
>Expect Starcraft 2 to be more of the same but 3D now
>It turns into Space Warcraft and everything gets retconned
>>
>>376166138

>tfw huge fan and maker of custom maps since Wc3
>couldnt wait to make some sick ass maps
>realize custom games work by the reddit upvote system, only the top 10-15 most popular maps see any play and because they are the most popular everyone with play only those
>realize my maps will never be played and I'm literally working for devnull

I will never forgive them for this. They were too scared of letting another dota slip through their hands so they killed even the chance of some ingenious custom map appearing.
>>
>High skill floor for casuals
>The meta is very stale, and the way units are designed and interact with each others makes many battles pretty much the same
>Dial-a-BO makes the base creation more like a routine than a suite of though out decisions
>The SP was overall underwhelming
>APM based bullshit instead of surgical and well performed important click to keep the things impressive
>Created several macro system that, in the end, just bloated the game with useless mechanics just for the sake of complexion
>>
>>376161578
This is one thing I will never forgive. SC/BW had its off moments, but for the most part it was a well written story that left on a promising note.

Then in the first 2 minutes of WoL starting I already knew it was going to be a cliche'd to death pile of garbage.
>>
I'm playing hots campaign right now and I'm having fun, customized my hotkeys, having a much better time than in WoL

yeah the story is shit but it was really obvious from the start with a recycled terran mission as well as 'LOVE KERRIGAN' being the face of the Zerg ( overmind didnt do nuffin ) and Protoss being literally elves in space

it had to be this way because blizzard is the hollywood of video games
the market is the whole world, and the product has to sell everywhere

thats why its generic as fuck
>>
File: 1450954613612.png (624KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450954613612.png
624KB, 639x480px
>>376158270
Everything.
>>
>>376166515
>tfw playing a map you've made online on Brood War takes a few clicks
>just name the lobby "new map, help test pls" and you're set
>>
>>376166745

A fucking copout. BW sold everywhere. WC3 sold everywhere. In fact, WC3 is still a huge thing in china and I hope I dont have to detail the relation of Worst Korea with BW.

It was a textbook case of suit thinking. Constantly hungering for more, chasing that casualbux, thinking they could bamboozle everyone, every cod kiddie, every gamur grill, every console jumpathon player into playing SC2 by making it shiny and easy instead of just making a game to their ALREADY EXISTING and insanely huge fanbase.
>>
>>376161687
>>376162195
a lot of this is in general how much they fucked up battle.net, killing chat channels and their shitty friending system, it really fucked up the community aspect of it
>>
>>376166995
I've heard they actually fixed it lately by adding a server browser, but I'm not about to reinstall this piece of shit now.
>>
>>376167132

>how much they fucked up battle.net,

Did you mean Blizzard App? :^)
>>
>>376158270
To streamlined.
In SC1 half the battle was dealng with the clunky and antiquated mechanics.
In SC2 everything was streamlined and automated, so there really isn't anything to do ther than spam clicking your giant deathball around.
>>
>>376162195
>See how remastered goes

Blizzard keeps making shit games like SC2 because you retards pool your money into poor nostalgia bait.

They fucked up the "D2 nostalgia in D3", they'll fuck up the Starcraft remaster. You can count on it. And you'll just buy it anyways.
>>
>>376167387
Is that what they call it now?
I haven't touched anything from Billzard since that disaster called Diablo 3
>>
>>376166745
The this is that the gameplay form the campaign is really good, for must parts, but the story is so fucking stupid that you feel like they trying to do it on purpose and it isn't the most complex story in the world, its just an "ancient evil awakes" plot.

>Tfw the story of starcraft 2 is so easy to fix that you are doing it in your free time.
>>
File: 1387934245041.jpg (204KB, 1600x1745px) Image search: [Google]
1387934245041.jpg
204KB, 1600x1745px
>>376158270
gook clicking banelings and zerglings against planetary fortresses is not fun, and it never will be fun.
>>
>>376167525

Yes. They just went and renamed battle.net for no reason at all, just to sound hip with "app"
>>
Making each edition 1 campaign.

The original Starcraft had a kind of Pulp Fictionesque feel to it (with you taking on overlapping stories in 1 campaign).

Now with just 1 story (and tons of filler missions) it just got lame fast.
>>
>>376166745
>it had to be this way because blizzard is the hollywood of video games
>the market is the whole world, and the product has to sell everywhere
>thats why its generic as fuck

Nope. all wrong.
It is that way because chris metzen is a hack.
Simple as that.
>>
>>376167747
quite a few in the later were essentially copies of WoL missions as well
>>
I still cant get over them retconning Overmind into a good guy
>>
>>376167623
I don't understand it desu

Their online service had been called battle.net for like 20 years. Everyone and their mother knew what it was. Why change it all of a sudden? No one's going to google search for "blizzard app"
>>
Core of the MP is good, but holding back very much needed units and features until the last expansion was shooting themselves in the foot.

Also since the story was ASS, it doesn't help that half of the package they want to sell to you is rotten.
>>
>>376167775
no there has the balls to tell him his new idea is really stupid, or to stop doing retarded retcons
>>
>>376167858
Don't worry, SC2 story isn't canon
>>
>>376158270

when they improved the pathfinding, they decided to not increase unit path collision boxes to compensate. about 80% of what's wrong is descended from this gross misjudgement
>>
>>376165918
>>retarded plot
>>seriously, just fuck that plot
>>completely different artstyle and atrocious sound design makes the entire game feel weightless and plastic, take the siege tank for the best example

Yeah I ag--

>armies are too easy to control, units school like goddamn fish and to keep APM requirements high they added pointless busywork like larva inject
>entire game is explicitly around hard counters instead of a huge toolbox of niche units like in Brood War
>because of the easy unit control every army is a deathball, no interesting micro like in BW, no massive, drawn-out engagements, just too blobs circling eachother and the one with the better hard counters melting the other
>this makes games dreadful and completely uninteresting to watch
>completely unbalanced, constant haphazard changes completely reworking everything every few months, see swarm host
>apparently, even this ultra fast and bobby game wasnt fast enough so you start with a gorillion workers now, a desperate attempt to catering to low attention span casuals as pros are going back to BW

Ah you fucked up gook-licker
your opinion = shit
>>
>>376167852
In LotV they just gave up.
Every mission was "Destroy X amount of plot mcguffins scattered around the map to win".
>>
>>376161578
There have been few times where my cherished memories were run over by retards.

Can someone explain how they fucked up? writers weren't the same?
>>
>>376167879

Jokes on you again. I know by experience that hipsters and normies search everything by "app". like in "facebook app", "apple app" "uber app" "(some vegan cafe no one ever gave a shit about) app" and now "blizzard app"

I'd bet money they renamed it because of hearthstone.
>>
>>376161578
SC is supposed to be about 3 races fighting for galactic dominance.
The love story was a fucking joke.
Fuck neo blizzard.
>>
File: dawn of the dead 2 ps4.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dawn of the dead 2 ps4.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>376158270
wow-blizzard (nu-blizzard)
>>
I was so pissed after SC2 that I didn't buy any of the expansions, so I heard they fixed this.... but THEY DIDNT MENTION FENIX ONCE IN THE FUCKING GAME.

Fuck you neo-blizz
>>
>>376168127
metzen and his obsession with "ancient evil awakens" and "evil character was the good guy all along" plots.
>>
>>376161265
>try to go for the esport cashcow from the get go instead of the more respectable idea of making a fun game that may or may not become suitablr for an esport
This along with breaking it up into three episodes. It is one thing to have an expansion, it is another thing to straight up tell people that there won't be a finished game almost a decade down the line from the initial release.
>>
>>376168079

>casuals keep asking for more "quality of life" comfort features
>game is boring shit now, everyone leaves it
>casuals still defend it

I dont think you ever competitively played an RTS. There is an important term hidden in "RTS". RT, as in "real time". Managing your time, effort and attention is part of the game since the inception of the genre. Higher APM players have more of these and if you complain about it youre just suck at the game. Its like sitting down to play a competitive fightan game and bitch about your enemy knowing all your combos.
>>
>>376168079
>Ah you fucked up gook-licker
>your opinion = shit
Can you explain why?
>>
>>376158270
You can talk about this for years but sum it up in a single sentence.

It isn't a very fun game to play.
>>
>>376159064
They're such smug assholes. Blizzard can burn in hell and chill with Diablo.
>>376160313
The micro wasn't even that good when everything deathballs.
>>
>>376167009
This, one hundred percent.
>>
File: 1449409332833.jpg (967KB, 4575x4575px) Image search: [Google]
1449409332833.jpg
967KB, 4575x4575px
>>376167587
>The this is that the
>>
>>376168559
>>376168620
Starcraft 1 is an overrated mess of clunky ass controls with dated everything that is not the overall design of unit interactions and asking to play with a crutch instead of fixing it is for retards and tryhards.

It's like playing soccer with a foot tied to your back
It's like going to a shooting range blindfolded
Like abusing a glitch that becomes a meta and calling it a feature

It's like asking your girlfriend to be fucked by a korean

That is NOT the reason the game got stale. That's the reason why you couldn't keep up with the other players

You are worse than Mortal Kombat 2 serious players, worse than wavedashing players in Melee, bunnyhopping retards in Counterstrike that bitch when their silly shit gets patched out.

That claim is such levels of idiotic that I sperged. I will write an angry letter to blizzard now explaining why they shouldn't listen to dumbass people like you, send it through UPS and quote you both on that.

I will get a HotS skin for sure.
>>
>>376158270
Awful plot.
Attempted to create an Esport game instead of letting one naturally come about.
Battle.net 2.0-Holy fuck

and
http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/429573-broodwar-and-starcraft-2-pathing
>>
any scvees here can you hear me
whats happening why is there no thread

are we done for......
>>
>376169391

overplayed your troll hand, not even getting a (You)

>>376169493

>Attempted to create an Esport game instead of letting one naturally come about.

Best part is, they got mountains of feedback from random players to korean pros, but as usual they decided to ignore all of it and listen to easily hyped casuals instead.
>>
File: 1318998540048.jpg (31KB, 221x262px) Image search: [Google]
1318998540048.jpg
31KB, 221x262px
>>376169391
You're a fucking idiot. The clunkiness of BW is what made it the greatest RTS esport of all time. Casual players didn't care about the clunkiness as long as they had fun UMS games to play. Blizzard ruined both in SC2.

>>376169793
I left in like 2014.
>>
>>376169391
So basically, all you have to say is "I have a different opinion than you"? Wew lad

Starcraft IS a mess of clunky ass controls with dated everything, no doubt about that. But is it overrated? You say so, millions of other people disagree. It became great for competitive play purely by chance, but why is that bad? You sound like a butthurt casual who always got fucked by better players in Brood War and just wanted an easier game.
>>
>>376169984
>>376170019
told as fuck
>>
>>376170019
>purely by chance
no

dont think koreans somehow got interested in starcraft by chance
they would rather have their youth playing videogames than doing drugs or making trips to best korea
I have no source but I really think both the government and some south korean companies had lots of reasons to make starcraft big
>>
>>376170230
suck my fucking dick you fucking retard
>>
>>376170550
o-okay
>>
>>376170550
btfo.
>>
>>376169391
>Casual gamer: the post
>>
>>376170401
>I have no source but I really think both the government and some south korean companies had lots of reasons to make starcraft big
What? No. Starcraft became big in Korea because kids at the time hung out in PC Bangs (since most families didn't have a PC at home) and you could spawn an infinite number of multiplayer copies of Starcraft with just one CD. This meant an entire PC Bang could have SC running from one CD key.

Combine this with the strategy elements of the game being deep enough to hold the interest of Korean nerds and the fact that it could run on a Pentium potato and you have the recipe for mass adoption.

>>376170550
BEEEELOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>376159442
/thread
>>
>game is too easy
>game is too hard
>game is too fast
>game is too slow
>units require too much micro
>units don't require any micro
>macro was too easy
>macro was too time consuming
>the story was bad
>the custom games were bad
>they focused too much on the multiplayer
>they didn't pay enough attention to the multiplayer
>the game was designed for esports and koreans
>the game didn't appeal to esports and koreans
>they fucked up everything after WoL
>they fucked up with WoL when the hype was at it's highest but it's good now
>mobas killed it

What I'm getting from this thread is that no one has any fucking idea why SC2 didn't maintain it's playerbase. Also it sold millions and still has 200k players 7 years after it's release which any company would consider a success.
>>
>>376167621
>t. mobaplayer
>>
>>376171481
Bitch I fucking told you why it failed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIp-2MGOxaY

RTS is dead, but SC2 soldiers on.
>>
>>376170996
/thread
this
xd
JUST my shit up tbhfam :)

fuck u retard
>>
>>376166515
>>376166138
>>376165918

God, what happened to Blizzard? All these retarded decisions. SC2 and D3 will go down in history as two of the greatest franchise fuck ups ever. Future professors will do case studies on this shit.
>>
>>376171768
yea im sure they will idiot

do me a favor and suck my fucking dick you fucking retard
>>
>>376171768

>D3 will go down in history as two of the greatest franchise fuck ups ever. Future professors will do case studies on this shit.

Fuck those losers!
>>
>>376171850
>SC2 is good
Literally a dead fucking meme game that couldn't attract and hold any interest despite the fact that its opportunity to shine was served up on a silver platter.

kys yourself
>>
>>376171768
Popular opinion holds that D2 was a better game than D3, but that didn't stop D3 from being one of the best selling games of all time.
>>
>s-stop h-having fun
xD
>>
>>376172407
Why are PC gamers so fucking insecure? I mean this thread is a prime example.
>>
>>376172119
i dont care about the game phone shitter suck my little dick
>>
>>376171680
and you too are just one of the random voices shouting their ill-informed opinion into the void. you have no better knowledge than anyone else on this board
>>
post gooks
>>
>>376159064
This is the only thing Blizzard's been right about in a decade.
>>
File: 1323923925734.jpg (91KB, 629x494px) Image search: [Google]
1323923925734.jpg
91KB, 629x494px
>>376172905
>>
File: C1WlZhsXUAUolh9.jpg (80KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C1WlZhsXUAUolh9.jpg
80KB, 800x1200px
>>376172905
will a scarscar do?
>>
>>376172842
Except I'm right.

Bitch.
>>
>>376158270
SC2 is just straight out anti-innovative.

They are so chained to their SC1 formula that there was no room for them to grow the series or break new ground for RTS games.

Even DoW1 and even 2 had new, interesting ideas (like unit building, intr-unit upgrades, ect).

That, and SC2's story is absolute shite.

>Raynor drinking casually in a couple scenes
Suddently, 2 cutscenes later....
>ZOMG RAYNOR YOUR DRINKING IS OUT OF CONTROL, HOLY SHIT MAN
>>
>>376173235
You didn't even try to make a point. You just came into the thread and told everyone to suck your tiny dick.
>>
File: 1382583602230.png (99KB, 247x248px) Image search: [Google]
1382583602230.png
99KB, 247x248px
>never played SC, was a C&C babby instead
>download it now that it's free

I mean, I KNEW it was going to be good, but this shit is great- sick music, cool story, and great maps.

I know this is a SC2 hate thread, but is SC2 worth playing just for the single player story? (i'll probably just pirate it, and buy it if I like it enough to try online)
>>
>>376173321
WE ARE WHO WE CHOOSE TO BE.

>>376173581
>single player story
haha
>>
>>376173321
he's drinking everytime you visit the cantina though
>>
>>376173581
The actual missions in SC2 are better, or at least more varied.

The story is shit, don't play it just for the story.
>>
>>376173724
Yeah, but they story never really points out that it's affecting his duties. From how it's presented, it just looks like his "cool guy" thing. Like how Solid Snake smokes because that's his thing.

As far as I could tell, it just looked like one of his "flavor" things. Then out of nowhere the story focuses on his drinking like he's out of control or some shit.

It was super jarring and out of left field, I felt.

Also RIP Tychus. They coulda done a lot more with him.
>>
>>376163564
I played SC1 when I was 12 for casual gaming, ignored the competitive scene, then got interested in pro games for SC2 because I followed it and kept up with how the game worked.

Eventually I got bored and started watch brood war to see the kind of thing I was missing. I was blown away by how much better the games were. I still can't get over it. It's constant action all the time all over the map. Not to mention the exchanges themselves are more interesting to watch because everything isn't a perfectly formed ball with maximum dps.
>>
>>376160313
>balancing that focuses on l33t micro rather than balancing that relies on scouting and building the right thing (you can micro against stuff that's suppost to beat your units, leading to a-move deathballing)

Wait that didn't make sense. How does micro lead to a-move which is not microing at all?
>>
>>376174221
One of the things with watching BW that I think makes it better is that you actually have less information, so it's harder to tell who's ahead or behind. In SC2 you have every single piece of data on screen and it can become obvious when someone's going to win, killing any tension. Of course, it makes a impressive comeback that much more impressive when you know exactly how far behind they were, but that happens less often
>>
>>376168079
I'm not the same anon. I'm here to tell you how amazingly wrong you are. This has left the realm of opinion. The community has known for a long time that those are the biggest problems in SC2 alongside the fucked economics. If that's the first time you've read anything like that you know nothing about how SC2 compares to brood war.
>>
>>376159064
>remember when you talked to people and socialized in our game?
>you don't want to do that

How are they so fucking stupid that they don't realize that the fun was socializing and struggling with friends and not the shitty dungeons on ez in dungeon finder where you dont talk to anybody?
>>
>>376169391
Wow you're a pleb
>>
>>376171697
feb of last year. It's really dead now.

Also artosis is far too optimistic and has a different threshold for what he calls dead. If there were small tournaments with no prize money that weren't televised he would consider SC2 alive.

Not to mention like he said, he'd been hearing BW and SC2 were dead for years. The boy cries wolf. But eventually the wolf really does arrive.
>>
>>376174987
Nigga, Anon would pronounce League of Legends dead if he thought it would get him (You)s.

All I know is that it is still possible to get a game on SC2 within a minute of clicking find match, 24/7.
>>
Sound effects were so boring in SC2 compared to BW.

Also fuck GOM for jewing people on the stream quality. The paid stream was a bit less shit.
>>
>>376175141
How the fuck are you posting from 2013?
>>
>>376174464
Not just the stats, but by just seeing army size and composition you can know. Battles are extremely efficient and its far too quantifiable. Things got so messy in brood war, and you had critical units that could get sniped and totally ruin engagements. It made a good comeback mechanic too.
>>
>>376175112
That's not what people mean by dead though. Of course enough people play it to where you can find people to play with too. We're talking about the size of the scene and professional competition.
>>
This is the game Blizzard died with. This is when everything went to shit. God save the retards who bought Overwatch.
>>
>>376175524
Which as far as I can tell is still going too. It's not 2012 heights but it's definitely there. There are random cups every week.
>>
>>376158270
Everything. The once amazing Blizzard became corrupt and soulless. The jew overwhelmed them.
>>
>>376161578
>SC2 had possibly the worst storyline of any big-budget game in history

That's not ME3
>>
>>376175524
So is every game besides LoL, Dota and CSGO dead? Because those are the only games that are bigger than SC2 still. Hearthstone too if you want to pretend it's a real esport
>>
>>376170875
spawn installs must sound unbelievable today

can you believe game makers actually wanted you to have fun with all your friends instead of pushing the always-online jew
>>
>>376174126
they axed the alcoholism subplot later in committee because it didn't make the player "feel like a badass"
>>
>>376176616
Wasn't the player supposed to be a nameless commander?
>>
>>376176430
Idk what that anon is talking about, Starcraft has never had that feature.
>>
>>376176430
you can play SC2 with your friends with just one copy of the game. they have a spawning system
>>
>>376177904
You can play SC2 (and SC1 for that matter) without paying a single cent. Only ladder and campaign are paywalled.
>>
>>376177465
Yes it did.

Source: Me playing with my friends on a LAN at my high school off one vanilla Starcraft CD Key in 1998.

>>376177904
SC2's version of spawn multiplayer was added years after release when they realized how dead the game was following HotS.
>>
>>376176225
>Because those are the only games that are bigger than SC2 still.

No they fucking aren't

SC2 never even passed broodwar's lowest point
>>
>>376177465
Kill yourself underage
>>
>>376177465
Fucking idiot.
>>
>>376178170
SC2 has been bigger outside of Korea since day 1.

SC2 never got to BW's peak in Korea, that's true, but it's low point in 2013 was pretty fucking low, SC2 was bigger than that
>>
>>376178152
That was just installing the game on multiple PCs with the same CD key. It only checked for CD key uniqueness once you attempted to go on battle.net. So you could play on LAN fine.
>>
>>376158270
The art direction and method of storytelling went to shit.

Besides that, I think it is completely solid. Yes, Raynor going 180 on Kerrigan was poorly handled (like everything in the story from 2), but it could have been great if handled better because Raynor was always a pretty strict moralist that wanted to help her.

While the game isn't like SC1, its still great in its own right and very well balanced.
>>
We seem to have forgotten what everyone was bitching about in the pre SJW days: Activision and their peers swallowing up smaller companies and ruining them in favor of sucking off shareholders.

Blizzard has been shit for 15 or so years however so I don't know how much of it can be blamed on Kotick.
>>
>>376178513
>That was just installing the game on multiple PCs with the same CD key.
No shit, I never claimed otherwise. This has nothing to do with Battle.net but it's literally what gooks did at PC Bangs when they played locally at giant LANs causing the game to blow up in popularity over the course of a few years between 98 and 2003 or whenever the pro scene finally developed over there.

That's all I was originally saying to some anon that said he though SC becoming popular in Korea was some kind of SK government conspiracy to keep kids off drugs or something. SC was just cheap, available, insanely deep for the era, and fun.
>>
>>376179041
Blizzard is ran by a jew.
>>
SC2 was great and much, much better than BW.

This is coming from someone who doesn't give a shit about the campaign, though.
>>
Have you guys visited the starcraft 2 general lately

That general is a prime example of how wrong a game can go.
>>
File: 1493276709353.png (413KB, 464x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493276709353.png
413KB, 464x700px
>>376179417
>SC2 was great and much, much better than BW.
Anon please, explain more, this is just bait atm
>>
>>376179471
the general is not even about sc, hasnt been for a long time
>>
File: 1476723486104.png (42KB, 549x573px) Image search: [Google]
1476723486104.png
42KB, 549x573px
Blizzard needs to die.
>>
File: Zealot_SC1_Art1.jpg (84KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Zealot_SC1_Art1.jpg
84KB, 800x600px
>>376158270
I love the first Starcraft like it's my own child but I honestly think that the biggest problem with SC2 is that it's not different from SC1 in any meaningful way. After WC3 came out people were terrified that SC2 would be drastically first game. People didn't want heroes, smaller battles, items, neutral units//creeps, etc, and they I understand that. SC2 shouldn't have been a copy of WC3, but it needed to be something different. There's a whopping 12 years between SC1 and SC2 but it really doesn't feel like it. SC2 is just the first game with more units and some different abilities. It doesn't feel like a new game, it doesn't feel like a sequel, and it really doesn't feel like Blizzard wanted to try anything new with it. They were terrified that people would reject any drastic changes so they didn't take any risks.
>>
>>376179478
That the game doesn't control like garbage was on its own a big step up.
>>
>>376158270
Selling one game in 3 parts
Taking years to release the next expansion, killing all interest
>>
File: sc.jpg (81KB, 869x752px) Image search: [Google]
sc.jpg
81KB, 869x752px
>>376179471
>sc2 'general'
>>
>>376161578
You're not wrong about everything else.

but
>Raynor and Kerrigan's love story is the most important thing in the whole universe
I have to disagree that this was a bad thing. They worked together for enough time in-between traveling to other planets to develop a strong bond. Was it wrong to make it the dominant theme, maybe, but I personally enjoyed it, it was literally the only saving grace here, until of course they fucked it up after HoS.
>>
>>376173581

For the love of the Overmind no, as this entire thread is dedicated to telling you, the SC2 story is one of the biggest trainwrecks in the history of plots in vidya.

SC2's multiplayer is free anyway as far as I know, the story is what costs money. So just stick to the multiplayer, or better yet, just play SC1 multiplayer instead.
>>
>>376171481
Blizzard refused to listen or cooperate with the community, with the players and the tournament organizers for years. Their continuation with being out of touch with their consumers made their game fail.
>>
>>376178513
>That was just installing the game on multiple PCs with the same CD key. It only checked for CD key uniqueness once you attempted to go on battle.net. So you could play on LAN fine.

It's not just that. It had a spawn copy option that was LAN multiplayer only. Blizzard wanted local multiplayer to be totally free.
>>
>>376167514
Its free
>>
>>376173581
The story etc in Wings of Liberty is tolerable. Opening cutscene and everything that follows in Heart of the Swarm will make you want to kill yourself. Legacy of the Void will just make you depressed because it's so disinteresting.
However, Wings of Liberty has excellent atmosphere and was fun to play just because of that.
>>
Name a better video game sound than a starcraft 1 siege tank firing (siege mode). You can't.
>>
File: aylon cohen.png (1MB, 2178x2602px) Image search: [Google]
aylon cohen.png
1MB, 2178x2602px
>>376162335
>all maps made with wc4 engine are owned by blizzard
>just like they changed the sc2 tos
All because they didn't want another dota to slip out of their grasp. It'll be shit if it happens. They've said it wont though.
>>
>>376168398
Don't forget the sizable helpings of corruption fetish.
>>
>>376158270
This sounds like hyperbole, but it's literally because of force fields - atleast in wings of liberty.

Non korean players can never handle timed attacks and games would end anti-climactically which really hurt esports viewership.

The second thing was the predictable stale meta of getting huge death balls. Zerg would get broodlords and be near invincible. Protoss would pray that they get a good black hole and dump archons into it.

Then Blizzard decided that their world tournament could have people from Korea sign up to be 'Americans' and compete in American SC2 brackets. This lead to the complete destruction of white man SC2 and replacement with bland lifeless Koreans with the exception of a few.

Heart of the Swarm didn't really fix things from a viewer stand point because the new units which were meant to break up the 'one big blob' meta were just simply added to the giant ball of units - maybe used in the early game for harassment.

Swarm hosts were the most boring brain dead unit to have ever been created.

Finally in Legacy of the Void they fixed alot of things, including warpgates, adding back lurkers, adding a pseudo reaver in the form of disruptors etc. But it's too late by then, viewership was lower than any single LoL streamer.

Sad as fuck since it is actually a very involving game with a great community in its hayday. Wonder if SC1 remastered will re-energize the community.
>>
>>376173581
>but is SC2 worth playing just for the single player
Ye-
>story
No.
>>
>>376184671
This is pretty accurate but the problems with SC2 go beyond just forcefields. Everything that was bad about SC2 from a competitive standpoint was all a direct result of clustered unit pathing lending itself to units forming giant blobs and the battles taking almost no time to take place since every engagement was such a DPS clusterfuck.

They removed interesting micro from the large scale battles and instead added "micro chores" like larva injecting, nexus chrono boosting, and terran muling to give the illusion that APM mattered in the same exact way it mattered in BW.
>>
>Downloaded the anthology because I always wanted to play the original but didn't want to buy it
>fucking suck dick at it
My main issue is selecting individuals from a crowd larger than the max crowd size. Is there any way to drag select a specific type of unit? Or do I just have to manually drag around a bunch of big groups one at a time?
>>
>>376186637
ctrl left click
>>
>>376186637
idk about bw but in sc2 you can press ctrl + left click on a unit to select that one kind of unit on screen
>>
>>376186850
>>376186920
Thanks mate. Thats gonna help me from sending in marines in the front lines with burners giving them a nice back rub.
>>
>starcraft 1
Technical execution of build orders mattered: knowing the plan wasn't enough, you had to actually be capable of pulling it off. It didn't matter if you had 100 more units than the other guy because the actual act of commanding your army is itself a skill, and if you do it poorly and he does it well your unit advantage will be nullified.

This makes comebacks possible and is generally better to watch.

>starcraft 2
Execution matters less, so games are more formulaic and boring, and less dynamic.
>>
>be Sarah Kerrigan
>be top ghost sacrificed at New Gettysburg
>body is recovered by Zerg Overmind and used in plan to physically mutate and genetically infest psychics to command armies
>unifies the broods after the Overmind is destroyed, becomes Queen of Blades, leader of the Zerg and hostile enemy to the Galaxy
Okay. Got it. Makes sense. Cool.
But wait
>Raynor uses ancient alien artifact to pull only the 'badness' out of me and I become a pure human again but I can still manipulate the Zerg
>hear Raynor is dead off-screen, become Zerg and all evil again, reconnect with the hive as their new master and literally destroy the Terran core world to execute their leader
>fly off into space to become Zerg overmind queen again
>be around doing whatever, show up in Protoss campaign because off screen you found out a magical prophecy said you were supposed to be there
>turns out that you're actually the true pure hybrid god being that the entire universe was made in order to create
>duel and defeat the fallen dark god at the end of the material universe, disperse mystically into all creation, become the singular ascended God being of the now broken cycle free final universe
>have sex with Jim Raynor

Am I getting all this right? What the fuck? They just did whatever the fuck with this character like it didn't matter and that she was so cool that it'd all work. It's the stupidest shit.
>>
>>376184671

LotV is actually a great fast game now and I play 1v1 ranked pretty much daily.
>>
Nothing. Singleplayer was fun, Multiplayer had a good run until moba overtook the esports scene, Coop is fun as fuck
>>
>>376161578
>>Fenix comes back as a robot because fuck meaningful deaths

all this do is prove you didn't actually play the game, just watched the previews and the cutscenes on youtube.
>>
>>376161578
>nobody is the bad guy, they're all being manipulated by Amon
I honestly hated this so much. Everything you're saying is basically right, but this one really took the cake for me. The Zerg were basically set as a species that was trying to aggressively take over the universe. It wasn't about morals, that was just how their species worked. It was an invasive species that bred out of control, and took over planets as it needed. Now though, oh no, they're totally a peaceful race guys. They were just mind controlled by the 'Big Bad'. You're not fighting some kind of moral, ethical, or species war, no, you're somehow fighting against some kind of Anti-Christ that wants to kill everything in the universe. So you went from some kind of morally ambiguous, "well, are they really evil if they're just acting as their species needs to?" idea to just straight up, "He's the bad guy, and only him, he's the embodiment of all evil. Go kill him!"
>>
>>376187241
It's typical NuBlizzard. Gotta vomit in a "Corruption/Ascension" finale on every fucking game now

Similarly with D3, you get a girl getting turned into a fucking titdemon and a fallen angel rising to the highest ranks of heaven.

Or WoW, where you literally do nothing each expansion but fight corrupted heroes and get your dick sucked by every single NPC.

These types of plots may be good for movies, but they really kill the potential for good sequels in games, and nobody really likes the whole "you're a fucking god of all men" bullshit when they don't feel like they've even earned it.
>>
>>376160313
>(you can micro against stuff that's suppost to beat your units, leading to a-move deathballing)
????
wouldn't that just dissolve a-moves, because you loose if your not microcing? You dun fuck it up boy.
>>
>>376188227
I preffered the Zerg as a Tyranid ripoff. There is nothing wrong with an insect race that kills for the sake of spreading. They could still have smart members like the Overmind and Abathur, but they don't need morals.
>>
>>376188578
Exactly, morals are defined by the needs of the species. Zerg have their own morals which weren't really in line with other species. There was nothing wrong with this. Not every alien race necessarily needs to be able to be all buddy-buddy with everyone.
>>
>>376173581
I still can't believe you get twin drones and automatic vespine in HOTS, instant expansions/tech/army, everything is just an a-move after five mins.
>>
>>376179626
I was gonna buy this game, asked my friend about it (who bought it when it first came out), his reply, "It's just more Starcraft."
>>
>>376173581
Seconding what >>376182818 said. The story gets gradually worse as the game goes on. It tops off by taking a shit on you at the very end too just for good measure.
Gameplay wise the campaign is quite fun though.
>>
>>376188575
That's clearly a typo

I know because there's no fucking micro in SC2
>>
>>376158270
The taint of WoW. It also fucked up Diablo 3.
>>
If Warcraft 4 ever happens, these should be the factions:
>forsaken + blood elves
>Horde (orcs, trolls, tauren, goblins)
>night elves + draenei
>Alliance (humans, dwarves, gnomes, worgen)
>>
>>376173581
HoTS has a fun campaign, alot of RPG elements, and some Diablo-esque bosses. LoTV has a similarly good campaign in terms of fun factor with RPG and RTS elements.

Seeing the old units brought back in the campaign with new voice work and models is one of the perks.
>>
File: 02d.png (164KB, 887x901px) Image search: [Google]
02d.png
164KB, 887x901px
>>376158270
Pandering to the "professionals" that play this shit as their livelihood instead of the people that just play multiplayer to have a good time.
>>
>>376192176
why did you quote professionals?
>>
File: CONSISTENCY.png (621KB, 588x738px) Image search: [Google]
CONSISTENCY.png
621KB, 588x738px
>>376165076
They literally wrote it in the fucking manual, and then they decide to just go
>lol doesn't matter
>>
>>376168398
I think he's trying to wrote "grown up" plots by saying that not all bad people are bad by choice and that good people can turn into monsters, but it comes off as the most hackneyed shit.
>>
>>376192435
Because esports is a fucking joke, and proudly saying that you play games as a "profession" is the equivalent of declaring that you have aspergers
>>
>DUDE APM LMAO
>No variety in strategy, people just spam the same unit to win
>Build order is so specific everyone does the same thing only varying in speed
>Tech tree doesn't even matter since upgrades are cheap af
>>
>>376192959
someone's mad they don't get paid to play vidya
>>
File: 651651651561.jpg (200KB, 764x512px) Image search: [Google]
651651651561.jpg
200KB, 764x512px
>>376187241
>>
>>376192435
Cause outside of just playing the game vs another person, a vast majority of these kids have no idea what they're doing. They wouldn't be able to move from playing to say a balance team or casting or team management. They're hardly professionals, they mostly just show up.
Of course higher tier groups in places like korea where esports is taken seriously, they have actual professionals working with these players and they can actually learn something more than apm
>>
File: dude self insert cameos lmao.jpg (77KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
dude self insert cameos lmao.jpg
77KB, 960x720px
>>376191460
Yeah, I really loved all those resurrected OG units, they really did them justice
>>
>>376163287
>she will never sit on mine like that
why even rush?
>>
>>376158270
Blizzard couldn't make up it's mind.

They wanted to do something new, but if it was too different from SC1, it'd piss off the core audience, but at the same time if they did the 1:1 update of SC1, it'd completely fail to capture new markets.

So they broke a game that could barely have justified a core game and an expansion into a trilogy, justifying it with an embarrassingly terrible story, for a game that was an update from SC1, but still managed to feel antiquated in all the worst possible ways. Warcraft 3 today, visuals withstanding, feels fresher than fucking SC2.

If I didn't know any better I'd say they did the HD remake of SC1 to legitimately figure out if that's what they should have done all along. The answer is of course, 'yes.' That's what most of the community wanted and from an economic standpoint it would have been wisest to do an SC2 / SC1 Remastered bundle and let the two games be their own titles.

>>376163170
The race known as the Draenei in WC3 became the Broken, who were fel degenerated versions of what we now call Draenei. Lore surrounding Sargeras was changed from Sargeras being corrupted by the Nethrezime to him being evil to begin with, and him reaching out the the Eredar- the forerunners to the Draenei- and giving them the fel koolaid.

>>376165386
Legion is a disjointed mess of a plot. Illidan's redemption plot is completely stupid. Instead of some, 'you can always choose to change' plot he's now literally the vanguard for the army of the light, who was actually right and justified in all his actions all along. Fuck the Naaru.
>>
>be casual rts player
>watch starcraft 2 tournament
>games last 5 minutes because its just rock paper scissors with build orders with the loser forfeiting because they "losing"
I couldn't believe what I was watching. Tell me its not all this boring.
>>
>>376194824
>be casual rts player

well duh, you can't appreciate the high level plays and nuances of the game
>>
>>376194824
So you watched what, one game?
>>
>>376194972
No every round was like this over and over. There was even two rounds in a row that had the guy just build just outside the opponents fog without the guy even checking. And this was the grand final.
>>
>>376158270
Wings of liberty was good, but they fucked over terran players way to hard, like tech never advanced past bio mmm phase and just kept spamming same shit for years. The game became stale as fuck and everyone quit. Winrates were 50%, but it wasnt enjoyable. Really the gameplay needed to slow down, instead they sped up the units even more, making death balls even more revelant. With slower units fights all over the map would have been much more revelant. Instead it became 8min 200pop vs 200pop death balls rumble.
>>
>>376195149
>he didn't see pros fending off that kind of shit even though they didn't check
>he didn't see 45 minute games of BC vs BC
Most games actually do end after 5-10 minutes, but there's also others. And even those 5-10 minutes can be pretty intense, but only if you're actually understanding what is going on.
>>
File: Bobby.jpg (31KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Bobby.jpg
31KB, 200x200px
>>376158270
Blizzard needs to fucking die already holy shit. I can't believe there are still people defending this company just because they made great games in the past.
>>
They milked with expansions instead of fixing the game, like the expansion for multiplayers were literally big patches instead of expansions.

I remember before everything when down the shitter blizzard said everyone that you would only need the base game and you will get all the multiplayers units.

But nope, also technology just wasnt there for cross-play even though it was there in wc3 or bw. And technology just wasnt there for LAN.

Blizzard literally not only fucked up the game, but milked everyone as well.

Like you want play multiplayer, but dont have base game? Well though luck kid, you gotta buy everything Base game + expansion + the other expansion.

This literally killed any new interest in the game.
>>
File: OXjFdcmJ.jpg (24KB, 428x428px) Image search: [Google]
OXjFdcmJ.jpg
24KB, 428x428px
>>376158270
A game for e-sports.

Normal multiplayer:
>main goal is having fun
>"now build some barracks and train some firebats. I will train 20 marines, so we can both kick Janon's ass"
>match ends
>"we had fun!"

E-sports:
>main goal is big money
>bunch of cameras, a big place with too much lightning and brand logos
>"Ladies and gentlemen! Now it's time to play. One who wins the match, gets $$$."
>"ugh. Ugh. Ugh."
>some teams are playing
>pumpy music
>literally nobodies record themselves
>some who wins
>"thank you! I train to play the game"
>gets $$$
>no fun
>>
>>376179816
Oh man, we getting Koreatime today? Sweet!
>>
>>376162195
Everytime I read competitive, I puke. I always associate the word with literally nobody gooks who record themselves while playing the game just to be "competitive" and broadcast themselves on Twitch and television.
Regular multiplayer=good.
Competitive multiplayer=bad.
>>
>>376162335
Warcraft IV, made by old blizzard, good game
Warcraft IIII, made by nu-blizzard, shit game
>>
>>376195149
This match from last night's GSL was good, maybe try this one, especially the second game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_znVq_lb0gs
>>
>>376162114
>>376172943
t. faggots who never played the game in question
>>
>>376179887
>Was it wrong to make it the dominant theme, maybe
It may not be tomorrow, darlin', it may not even happen with an army at my back. But rest assured; I'm the man who's gonna kill you one day. I'll be seeing you.
Haha just kidding I forgive you for killing my best friend Fenix and all those billions of people.
>>
>>376189821
>woodleague rank 5 spotted
>>
>>376161578
>>376166187
Poor kids get mad at the sight of romance, you only want to see action just like 10 y/o kids think girls are icky.

I thoroughly enjoyed the love plot and Kerrigan acting all deredere in HOTS was the best part of SC2.
>>
>>376158270

Nothing

SC2 is a massive commercial success and is a superior MP game then SP.

The real reason why SC2 MP never took off the way that SC1 did is because LOL and DOTA 2 killed before it got a chance.

Nobody cares about SC1 MP outside of South Korea.
>>
>>376161578
>>Duran has a Dragonball Z laser fight with Star Kerrigan
I played the 3 games and I don't even remember Duran. When this happened?
>>
I feel kinda bad for the lorefags because SC2's story was such an embarassing shitshow.

Like, sure the pvp was shit but at least it wasnt as insulting as the single player stuff.

A LOT of people only played SC2 for more of the story because they grew up with and loved the single player experience of the original and brood war.

I don't think those people deserve what they got in SC2 honestly. The pvpfags deserve the shit they get because they are all embarrassing fuckfaces, but the lorefags didn't deserve the shit they got.
>>
>>376199865
>Nobody cares about SC1 MP outside of South Korea.

You'd better lube your asshole up good in preparation to getting the BTFO of your life when Remastered drops.
>>
>>376200175
It's gonna be really funny when all the BW fags get BTFO. The BW scene was nly a thing in korea, and SC2 was orders of magnitude bigger in the west.

BW remastered will not be a thing on the west. Only massive turbo nerds that use TL as their homepage will watch it.
>>
>>376179471
When did it turn into this? Why?

On the other hand, I am amazed it is still around at all.
>>
>>376200331
>BW went free
>playing Raccon city, Mice vs Cat and Fa$$test possible map everyday
>>
File: 1398836905584.gif (347KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1398836905584.gif
347KB, 360x240px
>>376200643
I forgot my image
>>
Gameplay wise nothing. Put SC and SC2 side by side and most people won't be able to find anything that isn't an "upgrade" in SC2. People just don't like RTS anymore. There's nothing you can do about it, can't release a game into a dead genre and expect it to do well and it did fine considering how the genre was dead as I said.

What went wrong as Starcraft itself is the fact they kept going on with Raynor, Zeratul and specially Dindu Kerrigan.

I was already tired of her as a villain and character just in Broodwar. SC2 just killed it and the story went with her quality wise.
>>
>>376168127
It's Blizzard turning everything that was bad into good guys all along and it was actually ancient evil fault.

Made "sense" for how they butchered Warcraft since WC3 was alright and people generally don't want to be "bad" in MMOs just edgy as fuck.

There was no need to fuck up Stacraft though. It's just Blizzard obsession with that crap and obviously "fans love Kerrigan that means they want her to be the good guy right?"
>>
>>376166138
literally my story
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkHlGlDKkOE

ASL in 30 minutes, featuring the Pig God Mong and Best!
>>
>>376188227

Hey remember when the Zerg promised never to attack any colonized world and only peacefully terraform dead planets, and meant it?
>>
>>376158270
download SC2 with all expansion packs
Overall, I find the campaign quite boring.
Missions are cool, for the most part, but it's not comfy at all, since they all have some kind of a gimmick that doesn't let you just turtle in your base and build up your forces.
>>
>>376199526
>I thoroughly enjoy retarded retcons.
>>
>>376203584
So change in mission design is BAD?
>>
>>376203584
>>376203786
>change in mission design
Lmao. Half the missions in LotV are the same "destroy these 4 buildings". The mission design got worse with each expansion.
>>
>>376158270
By the time Blizzard fixed the balance, people kinda left the game.

>>376174630
Have you PLAYED on Elysium? Nobody gives two shits about muh community. WoW didn't die because of that; it died because of better options for online community chilling that got popular (in other words, various forms of social media.) The only thing the game can feasibly specialize in at that point is cooperative PvE content which ranges from easy as fuck to the most mechanically complex cooperative challenges that can be found in gaming.

Of course you probably quit around Wrath or some shit like every other guy who has his head far up his ass and nostalgia goggles driven into his eyes, so you never got to the point when Blizzard actually started specializing and only played a mediocre game that got superseded by social media for the reason you liked it.
>>
>>376199941
In a cutscene where he takes the form of Raynor with red eyes.

Duran as he was in BW isn't in the game, he turns out to be an evil underling of Amon named Narud.
>>
>>376204468
>Narud
>Duran decides to call himself fucking NARUD

That was the moment when I lost all hope in Blizzard forever
>>
>>376200478
Something about Korea.

I honestly can't tell what the fuck happened, I just know is has something to do with them or how they do things.
>>
hey ervyone whats up raynor I bring tidings of dooooom
>>
Link me some good Broodwar games, trying to get into BW after playing SCII. The fact that units move like bricks really kicks me in the bals.
>>
>>376193541
Christ, this was so fucking bad I was almost stunned when I first saw it.

What the everloving fuck made them decide to make goliaths look like that?
>>
File: d64rode.jpg (679KB, 1300x813px) Image search: [Google]
d64rode.jpg
679KB, 1300x813px
>>376200154
Blizzard tried too hard to make the game's story grand.

So it became a cliché-filled mess that stomped all over the lore for the sake of creating drama.
>>
STARCRAFT 2 STORY IS GOOD! JUST BEACUSE IT IS NOT YOUR NOSTALGIA DARK SHIT FROM STARCRAFT 1 IT DOESNT MAKE IT SHIT. YOU RETARDS! I KNOW /v IS ALL EDGY KIDS AND THEY CANT TAKE A LOVE STORY IN THERE GAMES BUT GROW UP, THIS GAME HAS BETTER STORY THAN MOST MOVIES. SHITHEADS!
>>
>>376158270
Anime ending
Less redneck stuff
Muh kerrigan
>>
>>376189381
WoL was so bad I never bought the expansions, and you're telling me it was the best of the three campaigns? Holy fuck
>>
>>376192959
>Definition of professional: 2a: participating for gain or livelihood in an activity or field of endeavor often engaged in by amateurs
hmmmmmmm
>>
>>376206874
I do not understand why people liked rednecks
>>
>>376205872
What, like gook matches?

You can watch the current tournament, Afreeca Starleague. It's literally streaming right now at twitch /gsl

This is also good to start (especially Shine matches): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDaaMi5m01k
>>
>>376207683
That seems to be the general opinion. Most people agree that the other expansions are significantly worse.
>>
>>376207941
I love you Sarge.
>>
>>376161578
>Tassadar comes back as a Force ghost
and it's actually not Tassadar
>>
>>376158270
I still love Warcraft3, but starcraft has always been more work than gameplay to not die within 5 minutes
>>
>>376205872
Watch these commentaries, Greth highlights worst newbie mistakes and explains how to avoid them: https://www.youtube.com/user/GrethSC/videos
>>
>>376158270
The story was better than Brood War except for Heart of the Swarm and Epilogue. God, Brood War was narrative travesty.
>>
>>376173581

The story of SC2 is absolute shit, but the missions themselves are not bad.
>>
File: 1472580084465.jpg (55KB, 369x369px) Image search: [Google]
1472580084465.jpg
55KB, 369x369px
>>376158270
Absolutely nothing.

People who complain about esports should shut up. Campaign is great and Coop is a great casual mode. Let people who enjoy the game have their fun.

Story sucks, thats true though
>>376208175
I didn't like WoL too much, too many meh missions. I liked HoTS a lot more, even though Kerrigan was too big a focus.

LoTV was the best by far
>>
In Utter Darkness was so cool. My nigga Artanis warping in inside a mothership. Not only is he finally wearing clothes, he's pimped out in shiny gold. I cheered and grinned like an idiot when I first played.
>>
>>376158270
Worst Blizzard IP
>>
>>376210946
I loved when my nigga Stukov came back (again)
>>
>>376203902

i played every expansion sans Pandaria and Legion. Vanilla and BC were objectively the golden age of WoW, and it went downhill fast after WotLK.

i quit WoD after a 2 months because i couldnt stand how terrible the game has got.
>>
Haven't read this particular thread, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess that as always, there's not a single actual argument against SC2's gameplay
>>
>>376161578
>nobody is the bad guy, they're all being manipulated by [ANCIENT EVIL]

This right here, is what really pisses me off about modern Blizzard.
NOBODY ever has any agency of their own, either they're always good but mislead or straight up always unfilichingly good and the only bad guys are the ancient evil that is faceless and amorphous.
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.