[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it autistic to take my gaming PC to college? I wanna play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 265
Thread images: 29

File: M4paJcm.jpg (211KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
M4paJcm.jpg
211KB, 960x720px
Is it autistic to take my gaming PC to college?

I wanna play video games but I also don't want to be a massive sperg. Should I just buy a laptop that can play some stuff at low settings?
>>
why play games at college
>>
>>376157828
its college it's autism central don't worry
>>
>>376157881
Because people have things called hobbies
>>376157828
Nobody in their right mind gives any sort of shit what kind of computer you bring
>>
>>376157828
No. Do it. Your behavior and personality determines whether you're a sperg or not, not your fucking personal computer.
>>
>>376157828
If your planning to hang out with engineers no, if normalfags yes.
>>
>>376157828
You can bring your PC a lot of people do.

BUT be prepared to have to accept bullshit networking privileges for internet access and basically let people freely check your pc out via network.
>>
Do:
>Have a gaming PC at your home
>Have a laptop for working when you aren't at home

Don't:
>Play games in class( everyone will hear the fans and clicking and hate you)
>Play games in general outside of class in very public spaces(you'll look weird)
>>
>>376157828
A PSQuadra seems more fitting
>>
>>376158156
I thought about that, but I already own so many games on PC. I'd be starting all over basically.

plus I can't play overwatch on a dang console
>>
Literally no one is gonna care what you do in your dorm.

If you really care about how you look, don't tell anyone its a gaming pc. Just say its what you have to work with.

Do get a cheap laptop for school stuff to take to class for notes and other things if you want.
>>
>>376158271
honestly, i think you should not bring anything and just try and be a normie your first year at the dorms.
people getting shit stolen from their dorm rooms is a thing you should take into consideration also
>>
>>376158271
I'm a big fan of starting all over.
There's a charm to a sense of finding the perfect setup for whatever situation.

As well, a few games would go quite a ways. Plus, it looks like & doubles as a media system. It's more stealth, imo. Whatever that means.

I play & enjoy the /!\heck/!\ out of OW.
>>
You should focus on your studios instead, you fucking fat bastard
>>
>>376159039
if he has a studio instead of a dorm then he should definitely take his PC
>>
>>376159308
>studios
FUCK
Still, you know what I'm trying to say
Going to college is a privilege and you shouldn't waste your time on it so frivolously.
>>
>>376157828
If you're the kind of person who thinks people give a shit about the computer you use, it's too late; they already know you are a sperg. Bring it with you.
>>
>>376159039
>>376159842
not a single field of study requires so much of your time that you don't have time for both socializing and vidya.
>>
>>376160234
Medschool
>>
>>376160234
If you want to be mediocre and unemployed.
>>
Let's just get this out of the way.

Simply not bringing a pc is not going to stop people from realizing you are a giant sperg.

You yourself give it away. It's not the pc. It's not consoles.

If you are a massive sperg, people know.
>>
>>376160532
This, all these delusional anon's waiting for thier 2nd chance at college. You are not going to magically become a better person.
>>
>>376160532
>>376160697

And the fact op is retarded enough to think this is a simple fix just shows how much of a massive sperg he is.
>>
I'm a gigantic normie and I took my PC to college.
>>
>>376159842
How is it a 'privilege' if you have to pay out the fucking dick for it? Unless you get a scholarship, in which case you clearly earned it.
>>
>>376160697
I managed to reinvent myself at college. But I didn't do it by hiding all the things that I enjoyed.
>>
>>376157828
When I was in college I didn't hide my gaming at all, most people love videogames.

My N64 stayed hooked up in the student lounge all semester and I got everyone addicted to Bayonetta and Cave shmups.
>>
>>376160353
wrong. the med school being insanely difficult is a myth propagated by arrogant doctors and 1st year med students who think that just because they were honor students back in college that makes them hot shit in med school.

>>376160448
I'd argue that networking and stress relief that comes with reasonable amounts of socializing and vidya will do you more good than being a shut in who wastes time by studying in a sub-optimal manner
>>
Autism: The Thread
>>
>>376157881
What the fuck else are you gonna do? You can hang out with people but I you're going to a tech school or the likes most people will be playing video games too. Homework only takes up so much time and it you do your homework you don't need to study other than the night before or day of your tests.
>>
>>376161523
So you mean taking it with you when moving into your college dorm? Why the fuck wouldn't you? People usually bring their possessions with them when they move to a new place.
>>
you'll probably stay in your room playing games most of the time anyways so it doesn't matter
>>
>>376160448
Sure if you go for a shit degree kek
>graduated with engineering degree
>zero internships
>got a job after applying to places for a week 2 months before graduation
>got 5 interviews and picked the job I wanted
Ezmode
>>
>>376158049
>don't play games in public
Depends on the game.
No one will bat an eye at a person playing solitaire or minesweeper
>>
>>376159842
I paid out of pocket to go to school, I don't give a fuck. I played video games and relaxed as much as I possibly could. Don't regret it at all. Only extremely poor people and blacks get to go for free.
>>
What kind of retarded question is this? If you're gonna live there, then fucking take it. If you commute to college then back home, no don't take it.
>>
File: ray shields.gif (126KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
ray shields.gif
126KB, 256x192px
>>376157828

by the way op, go to the vidya/anime soc once and scope out if it's full of autists, normies or cool guys.

When I came to uni I fucked hated it, all the people in my dorm were super normie and I hated talking to them, so I stayed in my room for a long time. I was pretty sad that I just didn't eat for 5 days or so until it honestly hurt. Then I just thought to go to the vidya soc once and see if there was anyone there I'd enjoy hanging out with.

I lucked out and got some cool dudes. 15+ people who all loved vidya, anime, tv shows, music, manga, films and such that I enjoyed. Had a great year with them and I'm living with some of them this year.

Make sure you fucking do stuff OP. Don't waste these three years or so. Go to societies, go to events. Do stuff.

Oh, and don't forget to study.
>>
I plan on getting a surface tablet for college. Does anyone of you have one? Do you recommend it?

I plan on reading, and taking notes with it.
>>
File: 1491756812974.png (43KB, 657x560px) Image search: [Google]
1491756812974.png
43KB, 657x560px
>>376162679
>Make sure you fucking do stuff OP. Don't waste these three years or so. Go to societies, go to events. Do stuff.
>tfw did nothing of this AND lost old friends
university was a mistake
i hope someone starts a global nuclear holocaust soon
>>
>>376161878
this its all about degree choice.

I only got an associates because im a fuckup slacker and got hired before graduating
>>
>>376162679
Fucking this,

I remember buying a bike to go to my college during events and clubs and I met some of the coolest people and even fucked some loser girls like me. Eventually dated a Mojo and learned how to play guitar in the music club
>>
>>376157828
stop being a self conscious faggot and bring the computer. they have more use than just games
>>
>>376162679
>tfw my university has absolutely no arrangements for people of similar interests to get together

Pretty much only way to make friends here is to hope you find some random person in your class to socialize with.
>>
>>376163083
dumb frogposter
>>
>>376157881
This
>>376157971
Video games are not a hobby. grow the fuck up faggot.
>>
How difficult is it to integrate with the uni as a transfer student?
>>
>>376164185
What are video games then?
>>
>>376164185
Yeah go to a bar and get hammered! Hi five bro. Slick too slow!
>>
By looking at this thread, no wonder foreigners are taking over the jobs.

>Rajid had to use all of his free time to study given how his part-time job was the only source of income for his parents and twenty brothers and sisters
>With great effort and sacrifice Rajid managed to graduate, becoming a disciplined and hardworking man

>John spent all of his college years drinking, partying and fucking to the point where he barely remember which degree he was supposed to be studying
>Chris spent all of his college years holed in his room playing videogames and discussing unimportant things in anonymous internet imageboards

>Rajid gets the job over the ignorant drunk and the ignorant autist
>>
>>376164339
>Slick too slow!
>>
File: 1486926072477.jpg (385KB, 688x972px) Image search: [Google]
1486926072477.jpg
385KB, 688x972px
They better question is.

How do you make friends at college, everyone in class is already with their friends and little clique it's hard as balls for a loser sperg like me to talk to them.

Any non normalfags mind answering? I have no friends
>>
>>376157941
I feel like more people on average fuck up simple tasks in college than they do in middle school or high school. it's incredibly interesting
>>376157828
no, no one gives a shit. just don't play autistic games and try to not have your computer facing areas that have more foot traffic (for the ones who do judge to see)
>>
File: based Carnegie.jpg (65KB, 1200x562px) Image search: [Google]
based Carnegie.jpg
65KB, 1200x562px
>>376157941

uwutm8?

I'm at college with 1.5 semesters left until I get my Bachelors in Accountancy; it's officially a Bachelors of Science and a part of STEM now.

Boy are they salty about it.

Anyways, I have a 3.8 GPA and in National Honors Society. Plus, I'm white.

You can play vidya in college but in moderation.
>>
>go to college
>think about playing games
good luck when you get fucked by exams, essays and seminars, unless you study some useless humanist study
>>
>>376164246
I'm curious too, as gonna have to go through that as well, as someone who hasn't socialized with pretty much anyone in two years of community college
>>
>>376164246
I had a rough as shit time, but I DID integrate. You just need to accept you won't have the same experience and memories bonding you with other people, but you can still have a good life. Just be prepared to figure stuff out as you go, it's a grind but it's worth it.
>>
>>376164416
>Boy are they salty about it.
who is?
>>
>>376164381
you have 2 days to make friends in your classes that are not put into a class-long group project. after that period of time it becomes awkward to talk to your other classmates unless you have clear mutual interests. also, try and find the more autismo clubs (there WILL be a video game and anime clubs, but they are not endorsed by the college). find the non-sperg nerds and make friends
>>
Bring it, sure. But keep your desk clean, and keep som controllers around so you can play couch coop with visitors (even girls can play emulated Mario Kart).
>>
File: loadofbarnacles.png (198KB, 1762x1893px) Image search: [Google]
loadofbarnacles.png
198KB, 1762x1893px
>>376164416
>Accountancy is a science
>>
>>376161992
Or chess. In fact people will think better of you if they see you playing chess.
>>
Noone cares, I know this alpha chad type guy who sleeps with a lot of girls but has a sweet rig
>>
>>376157828
Don't put your PC in a corner and seclude yourself unless you want to be a NEET the rest of your life.
>>
>>376164634
obviously a rich fag so I don't think that counts. besides you can do anything autistic and get away with it if you're a hot enough chad (applies to girls as well)
>>
>>376164456
>Doing CS
>Anons told me it would be hard
>3rd year and everything so far literally did itself with no concious thought
>>
>>376158436

Where the fuck did you go that that's even a possibility outside of your roommate being a kleptomaniac?
>>
is most of /v/ really so autistic that they don't realize that most normies play vidya? i had two roommates in college who played WoW and shit who slammed puss on the reg, vidya is not a sperg thing anymore
>>
>>376164381
Put yourself out there. Seriously. I know some r9k fag is gonna reply to this with "just bee yourself :^)" but most people are as awkward and nervous as you. Not everyone will be receptive, but you're bound to find friends by doing that. The first two weeks prime you to find friends and make them, so definitely do that. Join clubs, take every opportunity to be social, and you'll definitely find somebody.
>>
>>376164730
He's not, he buys the cheapest beers and has to steal groceries cause he is constantly broke.
>>
>>376164489
I have a TON of acquaintances, but I can count the number of actual friends I've made in community college on one hand. Everyone is either working or just wants to fuck off straight to home.
>>376164506
Why was it rough? Can you elaborate?
I'm a high school dropout due to depression meme, but managed to get my shit together and currently have a 4.0 GPA. My social skills are all right, above average looks, and average height (5'11"). Shit mang, I get really embarrassed because I'm a dropout. Should I just lie and say I graduated instead?
>>
File: 1473587159200.png (239KB, 371x379px) Image search: [Google]
1473587159200.png
239KB, 371x379px
>>376164839
>average height (5'11")
>>
>>376164814
My good friend who is a girl plays games but not like le girl gamer but actually play a game and appreciate its mechanics and levels and shes not a fatty either very normal.
>>
>>376157828
I bought a laptop cause I thought it was autismo, and gaming desktops are actually very common. Bring your desktop
>>
>>376164904
Isn't the average height in America like 5'10"? Not sure what you mean by this.
>>
>>376164381

Didn't you have a first year seminar, i.e. the make friends for you: the class?
>>
>>376164269
Do you really believe sitting in front of a screen for hours can count as a hobby?
>>
>>376161523
Working? I don't care how much the internet likes to meme it, going to college is not an excuse for unemployment.
>>
>>376164979
Are you talking about orientation?
>>
>>376164992
Do you realy believe sitting in front of a series of pieces of paper with words on them can count as a hobby?
>>
>>376164551
This sort of advice is retarded. Normal people don't think of stuff in terms of "time limits".

You can talk to anybody any time. If you stop yourself from socializing because "it's been too long so it's weird", that's what really makes you a sperg.

Other people are just like you (including the part where they think that nobody else is like them). If someone came up to you and started talking to you after a month of class, you'd be totally fine with it. Maybe a bit weirded out, and the other person might have some trouble fitting in, but you definitely wouldn't shun them.
>>
>>376164936
the real reason to bring a laptop over a desktop is that you will have no fucking space

unless you're getting an apartment off campus, you are basically living in a cubicle with another person. The less space your shit takes up the better.
>>
>>376164839
>Why was it rough? Can you elaborate?
I have a really hard time integrating anywhere socially. I'm diagnosed with anxiety and depression, the whole package. I found I was pretty lonely most of the time and had unlimited free time. Eventually I did just start talking to people and made some friends I saw pretty often. I was actually pretty happy after about halfway into my second semester, made friends and dated this girl for a short bit. If I did it, you can do it, because I'm a nightmare-level sperg sometimes.
>Should I just lie and say I graduated instead?
Your call. I wouldn't tell anyone you're trying to impress: advisers, professors, and the like. But it could make for interesting conversation when just making friends.
>>
>>376165029
>just slave away you fucking retarded goy
kill yourself slowly
>>
>>376164814
He's talking about hardcore games.
>>
>>376164382
>I feel like more people on average fuck up simple tasks in college than they do in middle school or high school

Less handholding. Once you give people their first real opportunity to fuck up without teachers or parents stepping in they'll jump at it.

>>376164416
do you guys not have a business program? that's normally where accounting goes
>>
Guys is Electrical engineering hard? I need to decide soon.
>>
>>376165083
Are you comparing reading/writing to fucking videogames? You need to rethink your whole life young man
>>
>>376165125
>you are basically living in a cubicle with another person

lol forgot burgers did this. In that case desktops probably are pretty rare
>>
>>376164992
Other people do. Especially with watching TV, an extremely idle hobby compared to playing video game.
it's not nice to answer a question with a question
>>
>>376164778
It's a possibility at any college. The important thing to note, however, is that it only ever happens to idiots who leave their door unlocked.
>>
>>376165246
I'm comparing your post to a horseshit oversimplification.
>>
>>376165235
>Tfw am taking both electrical engineering and mechanical at the same time

It's fun ,and easy as balls.
>>
>>376165131
Just another overgrown child
>>
>>376157828
Bring that shit nigga
>>
>>376157828
>I also don't want to be a massive sperg
the fact that you had to come on /v/ and ask this question is enough to prove that you are in fact a massive sperg. Just drop out and kill yourself
>>
>>376157828
Your choice is to leave it behind for your Dad to play autistic train simulators on or take it with you for vidya.
>>
>>376165129
You transferred to a 4-year from a CC, right? That's pretty much my situation, though I have made some friends whom I occasionally hang out with. Lots of free time, still managing depression, etc.

How was the girl? How did you meet her?

>I wouldn't tell anyone you're trying to impress
So, not tell them I'm a dropout, right? I hope my Bachelor's degree will override my /dropout/ status in the future, desu.
>>
>>376164416
>Accountancy
>science
>>
>>376165298
Take responsibility for your words, dont elude my question you sassy faggot. I ver you also believe videogames are art
>>
>nearly the end of my last quarter as a freshman
>still have made no friends or joined any friend circles

Man, social skills are really important. For any underage b&s lurking, learn how to socialize and make friends in high school. I got /fit/ for nothing honestly.
>>
>>376165565
They sure are.
>>
>>376165376
every NEET and wageslave is a subhuman, a true failure in every sense of the word, throwing away their lives in mindless grinds for scraps of money, not a shred of warrior spirit in either
>>
>>376165279
pretty high chance of having one of these people as a roommate, unfortunately
>>
>>376165539
>I hope my Bachelor's degree will override my /dropout/ status in the future, desu.
Not that guy but I'd say so, it shows you got it back together.
>>
>>376165087
I said it would be weird, not impossible to make friends. if you pay attention, people either already have their friends when they start a new class or after the first week are in their new clique for that class. Obviously nobody thinks about it as "oh boy I gotta go get friends by day 2", but the first few days are when it's much more natural to introduce yourself to the people around you. But yes I agree that people also wouldn't shun you
>>
>>376165578
>I got /fit/ for nothing honestly.
kek
>>
>>376165578
>lots of friends in high school, can banter freely, entire class is just teenage guys with nerdy tendencies
>go to uni, everything feels sterile, like I have nothing in common with anyone there, it's full of girls and normalfags, everyone is "adult" and there's no fraternal spirit
if this is how the rest of my life is going to be like I really don't see any reason to go on honestly
>>
>>376165578
you can still learn your first semester. also another tip is being fit doesn't cure autism. Just don't be a fat fedoracore like op and you're good to go. Also wear nice clothes and do your hair
>>
File: 1454110673127.png (312KB, 389x386px) Image search: [Google]
1454110673127.png
312KB, 389x386px
If I don't get a single dorm room I'm gonna have to kill myself. How do normal people just start living with a random stranger?
>>
>>376157881

>Be utterly unlikable person no matter what I try so can't make any friends.
>Be stuck on campus from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm every day I have class regardless of the class time due to getting a ride with my parents to school.
>Have absolutly nothing to do for 5 hours a day aside from the gym.

That's why I bought a gaming laptop, got 3 years out of it.
>>
>>376165913
you start off by masturbating in front of them, to assert your dominance

from there its easy street
>>
>>376165913

it's a lot easier than you think. i was pretty autismo myself but nobody forces the two of you to be soulmates, just keep to yourself and they probably wont even mind.
>>
>>376165913
>Normal people

What are you besides a flaming faggot? An alien?
>>
>>376166042
>being a newfag AND a normalfag
Just die
>>
>>376157828
>Giving a fuck about what others think

Sure you'd be a bit funny in their heads for a minute, but then in an hour they'll completely forget what they saw
>>
>>376157828
You seem pretty autistic from the getgo. Maybe you should ask /r9k/
>>
>>376165719
>Not that guy but I'd say so, it shows you got it back together.
That's good to hear. I don't regret it, since I got to enter college at a relatively young age (I'm an 18 year old sophomore now), but I get nervous whenever people talk about their high school experiences, then ask me mine, or when I graduated/where I attended/etc.

Kind of like having AIDS and trying to keep it away from everyone else, but maybe not as severe.
>>
>>376165246
bait
>>
File: 1493434768690.jpg (95KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493434768690.jpg
95KB, 1280x720px
>>376157828
Just get a fucking smartphone. Lets you play games without looking like a fucking retard.
>>
>>376165279

I guess I presumed to much intelligence from the OP in this regard....
>>
>>376165913
I literally didn't talk to my roommate as a freshman. We said maybe 100 words to each other for the entire school year, usually just asking if it was okay to turn of the lights. When we were both in the room, we mostly just ignored each other.
>>
>>376164625
Not exactly
>Become friends with this weird nerdy but really smart guy
>He's friends with the chess team
>Every one of them looks highly autistic and most people avoid them

I like hanging out with them despite me not knowing how to play chess. They had a designated bench in the campus with godtier trees and all
>>
File: 1488512820748.gif (164KB, 494x332px) Image search: [Google]
1488512820748.gif
164KB, 494x332px
>>376165898
Just remember, anon, it's never a good decision to end it all, and going on is worth the struggle even if it's just to watch the world around you grow.
>>
>>376157828
If it has one of those cringy ricer cases then yes I would probably leave it at home. Otherwise it's probably fine.
>>
>>376166410
>>376166021
Sounds pretty difficult if you get paired up with some normie
>>
>>376165235
If you're going to a good school, engineering in general will be a pretty formidable challenge.
>>
>>376161992
Or overwatch/LOL
>>
>>376166635

normies will be out of their dorms so often that it won't even be a problem.
>>
>>376166635
I'm a normal person. We're people too, you know. Why are you scared of us? LOL
>>
File: 1490948629453.jpg (127KB, 763x841px) Image search: [Google]
1490948629453.jpg
127KB, 763x841px
>>376166363
And risk looking like a normal turbocasual? Fuck no. Get a handheld then.
>>
>>376157828

you dont game in college otherwise you will just spend your whole time gaming instead of studying and flunk the entire semester.
>>
>>376157828
Granted I went to college in 2008 and hung out mainly with other engineering students, but a lot of people either had good PC's or decent laptops. WoW and Guild Wars was very popular, as was CoD 4 and WaW, UT3 and TF2.
>>
File: 1415122847849.png (167KB, 444x444px) Image search: [Google]
1415122847849.png
167KB, 444x444px
>>376166496
>just to watch the world around you grow.
just to watch the world around you burn*
>>
>>376166635
It's actually better that way because they'll be out doing normie things most of the time.
>>
>>376166790
Dude, you must have terrible time management if that's the case. Stop projecting, because not everyone is a colossal fuck-up like you.
>>
>>376157828
Depends on how far you are, and how often you come back home. I brough my ps3 with my, but even that is a hassle to carry around. I would recomend having a laptop because it´s usefull in general in a college setting. I bought a vita during my second year and love it, but if you don´t care about console/handheld I´d recomend a laptop. Having extra luggage fuckin sucks. Who gives a shit about the whole sperg thing, you´re a grown man already nobody cares about your hobbies as long as you act civil, shave/bathe regularely and aren´t a complete asshole. I know a lot of people that play games at my college
>>
File: 1474397871198.gif (121KB, 368x368px) Image search: [Google]
1474397871198.gif
121KB, 368x368px
>>376166759
That'll just make you look even more retarded. Imagine a fat guy sitting by himself playing on an handheld.

Does that look cringey? Everyone thinks so.

Unless if you look like some handsome or a normal person.
>>
>>376157828
Bring your computer. Literally no different than bringing a shit laptop or a console, and this way you can play what you want.

Just don't forget to study and call your mom every once in a while.
>>
>>376165913
Try to get in an academic-oriented dorm so you get placed with other people in your general field of study.
>>
>Go to college
>Professors all talk about how "you better do well or employers won't hire you if you have a bad GPA"
>Spend the next 4 years partying and playing games. Shitty GPA
>Finish school. 4 interviews. All of them just wanted to see a diploma. Didnt give a fuck about GPA
>Now making 105k despite failing 2 classes and just limping through

Bring the desktop PC and play the shit out of it. 4 year vacation.
>
>>
>>376164381

Fellow loser sperg here, you're not gonna make any. 5 fucking years of college and every attempt I made fell though.
>>
>>376166982
Most people look normal/average, by definition. Stop projecting.
>>
>>376166895

i have a BA in Agricultural Engineering faggot
>>
>>376167112
kek, what degree?
>>
honestly the biggest risk is someone stealing it.

but who the fuck cares if you're a "sperg". fucking lol do you know what college is, video games are tame.
>>
>>376157828
fucking americans LMAO
>>
>>376167185
You just have piss poor time management skills, then. Dumb shit.
>>
>>376167456
>awake in the middle of the night posting on a video games board
wew
>>
>>376165913
>hey dude
>hey, what´s up
>nothing much, exams are coming up
>yea same here
and then you each stare at your respective screens for the rest of the day
>>
>>376167112
GPA honestly only matters in the academic field. Going for internships, furthering your education and shit like that. Hell, I know people making 6 figures right now who don't have any degrees at all. If you make the right moves straight out of high school then you could set yourself up for good things.
>>
>>376166982
I did that when I was in college; some people even called me "the weird PSP dude".

No fucks given.
>>
>>376157828
drop out of college, give your federal funding to someone who will actually use it faggot.
>>
why the fuck would you do that
playing games is a time-consuming thing and you go to college only for studying and make connections with people
you're not gonna live there unless it's that kind of college
>>
>>376164769
Who told you it would be hard? I've had an easy time as well, and I feel like it's generally thought of as one of the easiest STEM fields.

My only classes with a high workload so far we're assembly language and artificial intelligence.
>>
>>376167572
what if I just want a good job ($6-70k/yr) after graduating and don't care about grad school? should i look into internships?
>>
>>376165973
Weird, I don't remember making this post.
>>
im about to go to college too, is there a way to make friends without sperging out
>>
>>376167985
yeah, it's called "talking to people"
it's college dude. making friends is the easiest thing in the world so long as you're not autistic
>>
>>376165246
people like you are the fucking worst
>>
>>376166245
Haha nah you're fine. Nobody lists high schools on resumes or anything like that. I assume you got a GED or something to get into college so you're all set.

People will probably just think you were too smart, if anything.
>>
File: 1397275665613.jpg (27KB, 600x490px) Image search: [Google]
1397275665613.jpg
27KB, 600x490px
>>376168047
>so long as you're not autistic
>>
>>376167771
You should look into internships while in school. Also, depending on your field you might want to look into certifications.

In all honesty, you'll most likely start out making around 50k (AROUND). After 5 or so years of working at the same company, maybe you'll bump up to the 60-70k salaries. Of course, you can always find a better career after you've had more experience.

I take it you're an average guy and just want to make a decent salary by being static. Being static won't help you much in the long run.

Maybe later on in the years you can look into investing your money? It's not bad making an extra few grands on the side.
>>
>>376157828

Do you not having a video game club? We had one when I was in college. But all they played was LoL and DOTA
>>
>>376167985
Nobody knows each other, there is no reason to feel out of the loop. Just talk to people sitting around you before the first lecture
>hey, I´m anon, glad to met you, where are you from?
etc. now you know someone. Maybe they will invite you to hang out after, or maybe you can do that. Maybe they will introduce you to someone else later on
>>
When you engage in conversation with people, talk about simple things: Academics, movies, mainstream events, the college itself, etc. Don't start with deep, philosophical or politically-charged tirades unless you're very, very close to that person to talk about those things (and you're in an intimate place where such conversation topic would be appropriate), or you want to scare people off.
People don't want to hear about the ozone layer being destroyed by corrupt chinese fundamentalists when they're taking their lunch.
>>
>>376168121
>GED
Yep. Heh, I remember going to a bookstore and buying a GED practice book, and haphazardly signed up to take a GED exam the following week. I procrastinated, didn't even study, let alone leaf through the book, and took the GED exam. When the scores came back, I got the highest tiers/scores for everything (I think it was called College Ready/Honors or something). Felt pretty good desu.

>People will probably just think you were too smart, if anything.
It's weird because most people already assume that I'm smart despite not knowing my status as a dropout.
>>
>>376168563
>Maybe they will invite you to hang out after, or maybe you can do that. Maybe they will introduce you to someone else later on
>implying I want to do anything like that with some random person I just met
>>
bring a "gaming" laptop, or pretty much anything that can run decent things
you will find other people like you at college, and it's easier to play vidya with them if you bring a laptop
>>
>>376168741
>you will find other people like you at college
hehe mm
>>
>>376168250
Being autistic and an introvert/shy are two different things.
It's true though anon, simply talking to people in your classes leads to friendship.
I was always a little shy growing up but I always knew a ton of people simply because I always try and start convos with people. My thought process was, they're probably shy too so let me be the one to not appear shy.
Meeting people isn't easy for everyone so try and use my method as an advantage. Think about the things you'll say before speaking up and improvise from there. I recommend starting off with classmates. Talk to them a lot throughout the semester and then maybe one day ask if they wanna get a bite to eat. That'll introduce you to hanging out with them and they'll get more comfortable with you.

Confidence is key. Even if you're not confident, at least pretend to be just to gain some confidence. Hope this helps.
>>
>>376157828
At most take a console with some multiplayer games to college. You'll have the rest of your life after you graduate to get back into sperg mode. Force yourself to get drunk and socialize for the four years you're there.
>>
>>376168724
>being this much of entitled sperg faggot
Nigger obviously you need to get to know someone before you know if you want to hang out with them. Gee, I wonder how you do that?
>>
>>376167771
Yes.
>>
>>376164381

Join a club.
>>
>>376168952
Don't even bother replying to that retard. He obviously doesn't want to get out of his comfort zone. Just let him be a friendless loser.
>>
>>376168741
I was pretty surprised when I was a freshman at how open some people were about playing games and shit
Almost every night when I was a freshman there were always people playing vidya on their laptops in the common area
>>
literally and figuratively grow a fucking dick dude holy shit
this is like middle aged woman thinking and you're a fucking eighteen to twenty year old guy
>>
>>376161523
>Homework only takes up so much time and it you do your homework you don't need to study other than the night before or day of your tests.

Depends on what you're doing with your schooling. My best m8 went with double major in bioeng and comp sci. In addition to that we both did research projects for all four years of undergrad. There was never enough hours in the day to dick around.
>>
>>376169645
where'd you go? i think i know a guy who did that
>>
>>376169150
Every college has those people. Since most of my classes were in a specific building, I would always chill at their lounge/cafeteria instead of going to the main building. We'll one day I did go to the main building to eat lunch with a friend and in the back were a bunch of nerdy looking guys playing on laptops(league I think) and there was even an old crt where 2 guys played MKX. Some were even playing yugioh or magic I think.
It was really a cringey ass experience eating my food in there. The whole time I was wondering why play games out in here of all places and why NOW of all places. Finals were literally a few days away.

I wasn't the only one sorta cringing. A lot of other people I saw looked uncomfortable. They kept glancing over and then away quickly with some kind of look on their faces. Needless to say, I never ate lunch there ever again.
>>
>>376169752
UW seattle
>>
>>376168893
Thanks anon, I'll try to get on that and be more involved next semester. I know I'm never going to grow as a person otherwise.
>>
>>376169925
>comp sci
>double major
>UW
kek, your friend sounds like a god. how is he these days? i did not go to UW
>>
It's only autistic if it's an actual bitch to move. Don't overpack, you probably won't use 95% of what you bring. The comp should be fine though.
>>
>>376170034
He went to Berkeley for his doc. Miss that guy, but he'll probably end up winning a nobel prize or some shit while I'm stuck being a lab rat. :(
>>
>>376164992
Bait

Definition of Hobby:
an activity done regularly in one's leisure time for pleasure.
>>
>>376170415
are you a grad student? cheer up man, you'll drown in pussy once you graduate
>>
>>376164185
Then why are you sitting on a video game message board?

This isn't exactly a job.
>>
File: motorprotein.gif (1023KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
motorprotein.gif
1023KB, 400x300px
>>376170593
>grad student
>drowning in pussy

Yeah I hear that organic mechanisms gets all the panties soaked.
>>
File: NnWaD.jpg (42KB, 250x314px) Image search: [Google]
NnWaD.jpg
42KB, 250x314px
>>376169937
Hopefully you get to fuck some qts because of me. Just remember.... While you're fucking that bitch... That anon got you to this point. Then get rougher and blow your load in my stead. Under your breath mutter "thank you anon" and I'll have been satisfied.

mfw my friend said he muttered "ty anon" during the act after I got him laid with a girl he was crushing on.
>>
>>376170896
women love smart men, anon
>>
>>376171237
Women love pseudo smart men. Actual nerds are foreign to most women since the two personalities don't really coincide. That is of course if you're referring your average woman.
>>
>>376157828
What, to like a dorm? Sure.

To play games on campus? That's kinda weird, I'd just want to be home to do that. Maybe if there's a LAN party club or something.
>>
>>376171604
Fake it till you make it, nerd. Dress like a trendy skinny jean-wearing faggot with glasses, look at a /lit/ chart and namedrop writers like Joyce, and start using overly verbose words.

And be attractive and thin. There ya go, that's how you get laid.
>>
>>376157828
Fucking study. Work hard. Do a double major. Don't waste time with video games while you're spending money to learn. Take a break from vidya during the semester and when you play on your spring, summer and winter breaks it will be that much better. Just take my word on it Ok? It will be so worth it.
>>
>>376157828
Why are you even going to college you autist?
>>
>full academic scholarship
>go for accounting degree
>too easy, add business admin because of overlapping classes
>still too easy
>play video games 8-12 hours a day, every day
>cum laude
>3 job offers

feels good to be babby-tier STEM
all of the benefits, none of the work
>>
File: normalfags.jpg (36KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
normalfags.jpg
36KB, 600x345px
>go to my college's "fighting games club"
>it's 80% smash spergs (half of that group being normies the other half obese smelly nerds) 20% sfv playing casuals
>360'd out of there

holy fuck

I thought I'd have some chill people to play GG, third strike, sf2, or sf4 with

never again.
>>
File: codefags btfo.jpg (61KB, 640x546px) Image search: [Google]
codefags btfo.jpg
61KB, 640x546px
>unironically going to college unless you're majoring in hard maths
enjoy dying of old age in your 1 room apartment
>>
File: current year.png (88KB, 276x549px) Image search: [Google]
current year.png
88KB, 276x549px
>>376165246
He was making fun of your oversimplification.

"You call throwing a ball for hours a hobby?"
"You call watching old movies for fun a hobby?"
"You call collecting a bunch of useless old stamps a hobby?"
>>
>>376164769
CS is easy peasy, didn't even remember how i graduated. CE is fucking hardballs.
>>
Mate no one cares about your hobbies if you're attractive, wealthy and built. They're only a detriment if you're an average or below average looking bloke.
>>
If you never took Thermodynamics your degree is worthless.
>>
>>376174191
>GG
my nigger
>>
>>376157828
Dude almost everyone is a sperg now. Just bring your PC and play video games when you can. Your major will determine how much time you have to play and having your own pc is nice when you don't want to spend all of your free time in the library.
>>
>>376174191
hoping I find something like this for GG and Tekken 7 when I transfer in the summer
>>
>>376157828
dont play pc games first year of college. Socialize and have fun, but dont drink.

You can game after you've made friends.
>>
>>376174751

You're almost guaranteed to find people who play smash, street fighter V, and maybe mortal kombat.

Guilty gear and other fighters like it are a niche within a niche. No one wants to play them.
>>
>>376161378
>>376160353
Med school is actually 10x harder than college. However, I still gamed regularly and never got a C.
>>
>>376174885
>but dont drink.
How do you turn someone down who offers you one?
>>
>>376161425
>Going to college and worrying about how to balance fun and studies
>Autism
>>
>>376174885
everyone likes tekken I'm pretty sure.
>>
>>376157828
>He bought a gaming PC while he still lives with parents
>>
>>376164416

I caught the autism from reading this post. I think you have ADHD too. What else do you have?
>>
>>376158032
>let people freely check your pc out via network
what the fuck are you talking about?

you really think that because a computer is in a network other nodes can simply see the shit inside it?
>>
>>376161523
You're writing gave me AIDS
>>
>>376162836
A lot of people do it and if you can get digital copies of books it can be handy. Most professors allow you to use it and you can even record lectures if you sit upfront with it. If you do I personally recommend a cheap PC to keep in your room, but you don't have to.
>>
>>376165246
says the 4chan poster
>>
>>376171870
But will he be truely happy, knowing that those shallow women only like him for something he is not, and not actually who he is?
>>
>>376163371
college isn't for everyone anon and you don't need a degree to be successful. If I wasn't majoring in chemistry I'd probably just become an electrician and live in that comfy 75K/year wage gap that no one is filling.
>>
>>376164361
What foreigners and what jobs? Are you talking about the stem and engineering jobs yeah you're right. Thats mostly because not enough Americans are even interested in STEM though.
>>
fuck you normalfags
>>
>>376166402
wow faggot, thanks for throwing me under the bus because you're retarded
not like the stranger you end up rooming with could bring shady characters into your shared space or leave the door unlocked
>>
>>376157881
>me
>engineering undergrad
>a lot of the CAD software we use is hardware-intensive
>can run it because I decided to bring my gaming PC
>>
>>376175018
Might as well.
>>
File: 816.png (124KB, 500x388px) Image search: [Google]
816.png
124KB, 500x388px
>>376164381
At the beginning of every class I try to talk to people who sit near me for hw assignment help and stuff, and while we're at it I start to talk to them about other fun shit. I've made some good friends this way.
>>
>>376157828
OP, I'll tell you why you are a loser: because you feel like a loser. Other people will see that too and treat you accordingly, regardless if you bring your PC or not. So you might as well bring it and not give a shit.
If your learn to be social in college, people will think you're cool for playing cracked versions of games before they get at it.
>>
>>376157828
Dude if the PC is in your own dorm I don't see why not.

Unless someone comes in there and sees it nobody will care, and even if they do and you take care of your shit it'll be fine.
>>
>>376164416
Was it autism?
>>
Live off campus, be a loser with no friends like me
>>
>>376177026
I honestly regret wasting money to live in the dorms for my first year. It was like a literal daycare, you had to check in/out after 8PM and they stuck me on the "study floor" with a bunch of antisocial autismos and retarded noise restrictions.
>>
>>376167185
>Agricultural Engineering
im sure you do you fucking faggot
>>
>>376175264
deep
>>
>>376175286
ok?
>>
>tfw spergy girl (male)
>tfw computer and steam are the only thing that gets me through my sad existence
>tfw can barely into friends online, not even gonna try irl
trust me you're gonna need it
>>
>>376179846

>girl (male)

found your problem my nigress
>>
>>376179938
w-well when youre below the height of an average female you kinda dont have a choice desu
>>
>>376179846
didnt read past first line

just kys
>>
File: 1493906728343.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493906728343.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>376164118
don't talk to my brother like that, dork
>>
>>376161523
>>376157971
>>376165083
>>376166361
>>376168114
t. triggered /v/edditor faggots
>>
>>376157828
build a cheapo PC and run emulators of old SNES/N64/Megadrive multiplayer games for your normie college mates to play with you
>>
>>376180180
no bully, its not like i even had a choice to live like a man in the first place
t. low test former manlet turned cute girl
>>
>>376180632
post pics so we can see how gay you are, you fucking failure
>>
>>376180717
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0CocgdxOpqy

;-;
>>
>>376157828
Just learn to hide your power level, video games are extremely fucking popular in college and you'll be fine. Almost every room on my dorm floor freshmen year was playing Halo 3/CoD4/etc. all day every day.
>>
File: 1425759308534.png (150KB, 339x323px) Image search: [Google]
1425759308534.png
150KB, 339x323px
>>376180632
>>376180717
>mfw everybody tells me I sound like Hank Hill in voice chat

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1W5FO2P5pc5
>>
>>376180632
Did the LOL thread already got derailed by another tranny? Its why are you here right now?
>>
>>376181184
are you in the propane business?
>>376181367
am i derailing this thread? it just seemed to be random discussion idk sorry....
>>
File: Kornheiser_LOSER.jpg (24KB, 243x270px) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_LOSER.jpg
24KB, 243x270px
>>376161378
>T. Person who has never even set foot in an actual medical career
>>
>>376157828
There's at least 100 people in our main library who are either playing league of legends or overwatch. All day all week entire school year
>>
>Bring gaming PC
>Buy a Chromebook

That's what I did.

My PC that I've had since high school finally kicked the bucket on me after like six years of loyal service.

Can I get some (you)s in her memory?
>>
>>376182483
rip compute
>>
File: yTkvoN9.png (1MB, 1000x1416px) Image search: [Google]
yTkvoN9.png
1MB, 1000x1416px
>>376157828
get a professional non-gaming keyboard, mouse, case, and monitor.

so then it just seems like a desktop pc for doing hw and stuff.

and normies can fuck off.

thats what i did atleast.

the pc doesnt determine the autism, the man himself and the way he presents and carries himself does.
>>
>>376182483
Rest in pepperoni faggot

F
>>
>>376165973

>Be utterly unlikable person no matter what I try so can't make any friends.

Literally me, but worse, as i don't have money for a gaming PC.
>>
>>376157828
math major junior here. I didn't bring it my first 2 years, but third year I brought it, because all my friends brought theirs
>>
>>376157828
Why would anyone care?
Why do you care?
>>
File: normalfags are cancer.jpg (657KB, 1000x2876px) Image search: [Google]
normalfags are cancer.jpg
657KB, 1000x2876px
>>376164185
fuck off normalfag
>>
>>376166635
>look at me I'm so special
>>
>>376157828
if you're asking whether or not something is autistic your probably autistic as fuck. take whatever the fuck you want to college, you'll need a computer anyway so go for it.
>>
>>376164269
Momentary distractions to relieve stress
>>376164339
The truth may hurt but that doesn't mean you have to be a little bitch about it
>>376170614
Because I feel like it
>>376184013
Make me beta-bitch

T. someone who plays vidya all day, stop beimg such defensive babies and accept the truth
>>
>>376157828
don't be insecure
>>
>>376157828
I'd say no. I brought mine and ended up not having time / not wanting to play when I did have time. Not the biggest social guy, but I had roommates that I liked so we usually hung out or played casual consoles games when we had free time. Ended up playing for like a week on my pc then not turning it on till I came home for the summer. If you live alone or with asshole roommates I'd say yes
>>
>>376185790
wow just kill yourself any time
>>
>>376186141
Mmmm delicious manchild tears, go on keep telling me the world isn't fair just because you can't marry your sock
Thread posts: 265
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.