[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

F2P will kill gaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: RIP.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Will we ever go back to a time like before pay to win or are we forever stuck with a game industry that will keep moving towards the F2P model?
>>
Guess /v/ likes pay 2 win okay...
>>
>>376157573
if F2P is killing gaming... so is pirating
>>
>will we ever go back to a time when vidya companies only got money for a game once instead of continuous payments with the ingame shop
Real tough question, this
>>
Stay out of shit genres and the problem avoids itself.

>Avoid tacticool shooters
>Avoid Mobas
>Avoid cell phone games

Suddenly you dont have an issue and your a better person to boot.
>>
>>376158924
But not every company is going to have a successful F2P game.

In fact logic should tell them only very few will ever have a successful F2P game. So better to have a great game right out the box to sell people on instead of trying to hook them into a pyramid scheme.
>>
>>376158924>>376159448

Whoops never mind that I didn't mean pyramid scheme. I was looking at the word and my mind just blanked out for a moment.

I mean pay to win scam.
>>
F2P in itself isn't a problem.
But F2P isn't the same as P2W. It's all dependant on how companies decide to make their money: shitty cosmetics that add nothing to gameplay or actual advantages.
>>
>>376159653
>F2P in itself isn't a problem.

Yes it is. No sane company is going to make a game F2P and not offer huge incentives to people if they pay. This is reality kid.

This is why I prefer to buy the game and get everything right out the box. Minus the fact of DLC being a thing of course.
>>
>>376157573
enjoy your shitty console planetside
>>
>[x] is killing gaming
Basically all shitty indie games have as much playable content, or enough gameplay to compete with older games.

You're just nostalgic as fuck. I am too, but at least i can admit it.
You'll never be a kid again, get over it you faggots.
>>
>>376160274
I don't play DOTA2 but I'm pretty sure you can access all the gameplay content in the game for free and you can only buy cosmetics.

Same thing goes for PoE.
>>
>>376161116
Well cosmetics has killed gaming to but that is another debate.
>>
actually f2p market is already dieing down.

compare it to 4-5 years ago when new f2p games where launching relatively fast, with high production values. now the market is over saturated with alot of dead games.
>>
>>376157573
tfw have 40+ hours on War Thunder

only f2p game I like desu
>>
>>376162095
Funny enough I think a subscription fee where you get to enjoy everything about the game would be a lot less of a rip off than F2P where you still have to buy all the good stuff separately to be competitive.
>>
>>376161830
If you're talking about TF2 or CSGO, sure.
Cosmetics and customization options aren't bad at all if they actually match the general style of the game and don't stick out like a sore thumb, which tends to happen in F2P games because people apparently like to feel like peacocks.
>>
Honestly I think f2p expansion has stopped, most popular online games are full price except for mobas and big companies like EA stopped trying to shit out something f2p
>>
>>376162923
this, plus P2W is rather rare when looking at the good F2P games out there now. Shit did got fixed
>>
>>376162631
>Cosmetics and customization options aren't bad at all if they actually match the general style of the game and don't stick out like a sore thumb, which tends to happen in F2P games because people apparently like to feel like peacocks.

Most shooters have skins or some cosmetics even if it isn't F2P.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.