[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>written by Chris Avellone why do we hate it again?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.0.0.jpg (131KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.0.0.jpg
131KB, 1200x800px
>written by Chris Avellone

why do we hate it again?
>>
>>376154363
>literally who
you tell me
>>
>>376154836
>nu /v/ doesn't know chris avellone
>>
File: 1409885131991.jpg (67KB, 1000x598px) Image search: [Google]
1409885131991.jpg
67KB, 1000x598px
>>376154363
>Chris Avellone
Bwat's that? Is that the new Daft Punk album?
>>
>>376154363
/v/irgins have a pavlovian reaction to the Bethesda on the box.
They can't help themselves.
>>
Because people really liked the concept of alien bounty hunter better and are salty they got something else instead.

When it inevitably goes on sale, more people are going to buy it and we'll shit out gay OPs like "Apologize" and "What when right?".
>>
The single player FPS genre died for a reason. Someone should tell Bethesda.
>>
>fetishizing a shit writer
No worse than weeb idol worshipping different directors.
>>
File: IMG_8571.jpg (634KB, 1659x1896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8571.jpg
634KB, 1659x1896px
I don't think the writing is what has people annoyed.

Personally that's the only reason I'd play it. The Demo was a great plot tease, and the Apartment Window/Door was fantastic. Still, I ain't paying more than a movie ticket for a story I have to actively fight against the god awful gameplay just to experience. I did that with the TW3 and I didn't even get a good story in return.
>>
>>376155260
>loving the idea of a game that wasn't good enough to be funded
>>
>>376155169
Alive 2017 never ever
>>
>>376154363
Because of reasons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a78kzAffb4
>>
Chris Albacore is extremely overrated. Great game though.
>>
>>376155953
Albacore is worst tuna
>>
File: 1485326053166.png (251KB, 555x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485326053166.png
251KB, 555x720px
>DUDE BIOSHOCK IN SPACE LMAO

I dont care who's writing it, they killed the original Prey IP to make this unimaginative System Shock ripoff and pretend like no one has ever done what they are doing before.
>>
>>376156096
The first Prey was an awful, awful game.

The teaser for the second wasn't a game. It was just a demo.
>>
>>376155260
They didn't. Prey 2 was a shit concept for shit game developed by a developer that has never made a good game in their history. Nobody gave two flying fucks about Prey 2 back when it was developed, or when it was canceled. Nobody really gave two shits even when the alleged story of how the poor incompetent developers got totally screwed by the developer for failing to produce anything playable for five years.
The only reason why the original Prey 2 is getting any attention is because people are more interested in bitching about Bethesda than in actual games. When "nu-Prey" was announced, people took it as a token excuse to masturbate how much they are totally awesome radical anarchists and how they hate the big evil corporations. That is ALL. It's about hate for Bethesda and any possible excuse to jerk it out, it has nothing to do with the actual original game. But saying "I hate Bethesda because they ruined something awesome" sounds a lot better than just endless repeating "fuck Bethesda", so that is what everyone is on about, so people suddenly pretend like they cared about the original, even though they never really did.

The irony of this is that in the end, since nobody has even the smallest hint of common sense, we actually end up with people lamenting non-existent generic open-world FPS (which just a few months ago was literally the most oversaturated genre out there!) while people are actually BITCHING THAT WE ARE GETTING A SYSTEM-SHOCK-LIKE GAME. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST.

I haven't played Prey and I won't for a good while because I'm poor as fuck, but the fact that I see people actually whinning about Arkane developed, Avellone-written SS like title and pretendling like they actually wanted another Homefront-2-waiting-to-happen makes me slightely nauseous.
That is how fucking low we had sunk. And all of that because... why? Because fuck Bethesda? Yeah. Most of us had figured that out around the time Oblivion came out.
>>
File: 1489169428398.jpg (502KB, 1100x1028px) Image search: [Google]
1489169428398.jpg
502KB, 1100x1028px
>>376156096
>>DUDE BIOSHOCK IN SPACE LMAO

So, System Shock?
>>
>>376156096
I refuse to believe people exist who are genuinely butthurt about this. Prey was a decent enough game but not worth obsessing over 10 years later or whatever.
>>
>>376156096
> pretend like no one has ever done what they are doing before.

shit like this is just so silly, like every game has to be something 100% original and never done before
>>
I liked the demo well enough, though I will always be sad we never got our cool space bounty hunter game. I can only play Star Wars Bounty Hunter so many times. Also, did they fix the analog deadzone and sound mix issues for the full release?

>>376156505
Is this pasta?
>>
>>376156505
you wrote a novel about untruths
>>
>>376156505
Well, I liked the concept of being an alien bounty hunter.
>>
File: Outland_onesheet-4.jpg (205KB, 900x709px) Image search: [Google]
Outland_onesheet-4.jpg
205KB, 900x709px
>>376156505
I liked the concept of being space cop, fuck you dude.
>>
>>376154363
Chris Avellone isn't that good of a writer and constantly shills for absolute garbage like Siege of Dragonspear.
>>
>>376157062
>>376157058
Yeah, no, you didn't. Keep deluding yourselves: you only started giving fuck just when the new Prey was getting talked abuot. You sure as fuck did not give two fucks about that game back when it was still in development.

Or if you did, you are both a rarity and a complete fucking idiot. Because outside of quite literally the words "Space bounty hunters" there was nothing fucking care about. The game was announced - it was a sequel to one of the worst AAA games of all time, by a bunch of insane moron that make Gearbox look like a solid and talented developers. For three years there was absolutely nothing outside of one irrelevant pre-rendered trailer, and eventually a terrible, slow, and incredibly scripted demo footage that looked like ass shortly before the game was canned for ever.

I don't believe any of you fucks cared back then, but if you did, that makes it even worse.
>>
>>376157384
$0.03 has been deposited to your account.
>>
>>376155642
But it was funded
>>
>>376157585
It actually exceeded it's budged two or three times, even.
>>
>>376157384
Implying implicating implications.

I really liked original Prey, even the goofy native american plot thread resonated well with me because of how corny it was, and I was was looking forward for the sequel. The art direction looked inspired by future noir such as Nighthawks, GiTS, Blade Runner, and I really liked how they tied the sequel with the first game by making the protagonist one of the passengers of the plane that you see in the beginning of the original.
>>
>>376154363
Because it's written by Chris Avellone.
>>
>>376154363
Because it's not the Prey continuation that we all wanted. A grand majority if my disdain for this game comes from the fact that they're completely remaking an IP that was stolen from a small developer by Bethesda. If they had just used a new name, I don't think anyone would have a problem with this game.
>>
>>376158013
>The art direction looked inspired by future noir such as Nighthawks, GiTS, Blade Runner,
No, it really, really, really wasn't. Leaving aside that the original game was just bad - like pure, pure shit - the new Prey was everything BUT cyberpunk. Neon lights and green tint does not a cybeprunk make, especially not anything like Gits or Blade Runner. It was a fucking Star Wars crap, a space fantasy - not surprising considering it was a sequel to a game about Cherokee spirits conquering space-Satan.

>>376158256
"Stolen". "Small developer". You people are not only dishonest about what the real issue is, you don't even know the fucking words you are using. Jesus.
>>
why do you guys get so triggered over this game jesus christ
>>
>>376154363
Because they still didn't fix the performance in Dishonored 2.
>>
>>376158656
game that didnt trigger /v/:
>>
>>376156505
This tbqh. Prey as an IP never had any integrity to begin with.
>>
Protip: Only underaged kids got excited for Prey 2. The only gameplay shown was scripted as fuck and even had cover based shooting. The same posters literally don't remember the hype for Fable or Skyrim.

What's even more pathetic is the post-2014 kids who are mindlessly imitating what they think will help them blend in.
>>
>>376156691
Obviously not, but I'd much rather DUDE BLADERUNNER IN SPACE than DUDE SYSTEM SHOCK IN SPACE
>>
>>376160318
>DUDE SYSTEM SHOCK IN SPACE
what did he mean by this
>>
>>376160318
Why do people keep associating Prey 2 with fucking Blade Runner of all things? Have you people NEVER seen an actual cyberpunk? The fuck? It's like saying Xena The Warrior Princess basically Enuma Elish for fuck sake.
It's not. It never was anything like Blade Runner. It featured fucking magic. It featured TWO humans. Everyone else was a cartoon fucking alien. It was fucking Saturday morning cartoon. It had a LOT more common with Mass Effect than Blade Runner. It had more in common with Lord of the Rings than with Blade Runner.
The fuck is wrong with you people?
>>
>>376154836
Newfag allert
>>
>>376161049
For some reason "cyberpunk" has become the generic term for "sci-fi with a darker tone".
>>
>>376161303
Yeah.
It's literally the city and neons. "Sky-scrapers and neon lights? It's like Blade Runner then!"
Fuck me: did nobody here actually ever even watch GitS or Blade Runner? And if people did not, OK, I guess I should have not expected anything else, but then why do people keep fucking throwing them around and comparing other shit to them?
>>
>>376161049
Blade Runner featured the main character chasing someone through neon-lit city streets at night. Turns out, Prey 2 did too. I wonder why people might think they share a cyberpunk influence?????
>>
>>376161503
GitS was post-cyberpunk you fucking scrub.
>>
This is literally a walking simulator to explore the entire space station with tacked on FPS gameplay and shitty enemies
>>
>>376161750
Yeah. Except Blade Runner was a slow, brooding movie about human nature as the main protagonist slowly grows to question his own mental integrity.
Prey 2 was about space fantasy cartoon featuring fuckhed in a beanie chasing down magically teleporting squid-guy through a lot of randomly floating anti-gravitational platforms and end up with a staredown with Godzilla equped with fusion beam guns and rocket launchers instead of arms.

If you think these two works had anything in common, you are clinically mentally damaged. I'm actually 100% serious: if you think the two are ANYTHING alike, you an idiot, period. There is no fucking excuse, your brain just does not work.
>>
>>376158559
>the new Prey was everything BUT cyberpunk
Don't recall saying it looked like anything mate, let alone cyberpunk. I just said it looked inspired. At least you tried ;)
>>
>>376162074
I know this is a bait, but still... my god. This board has just really gone downhill.
>>
File: shodan3.jpg (169KB, 1811x779px) Image search: [Google]
shodan3.jpg
169KB, 1811x779px
Other than mimic powers there's nothing really new to this SS/Bioshock clone. Exploration is very nicely done though. Talos 1 is very cool looking.

I'm more interested in what Warren Spector is doing with System Shock 3. I seriously hope he delivers.
>>
>>376154363
Chris Avellone is also writing the System Shock 1 remake.

Guess he's into this type of gameplay now.
>>
>>376162074
Nice bait anon.
>>
>there are actual Bethesda shills in this thread
At least you guys don't do it for free... right?
>>
>>376162229
>Don't like what he have to say
>can't find anything wrong with it
>I'll just call it bait, that will show him

That's because deep down you know that I am right about this game being a space station exploration walking simulator and the only time you have to stop walking is to deal with pesky enemies blocking your path
>>
>>376162074
t. never played the game
>>
>>376157384
>it was a sequel to one of the worst AAA games of all time

Now I'm convinced you're a genuine Bethesda shill.
>>
Honestly these Prey threads have only confirmed my belief that he game is worth $60, and that /v/ is even more retarded than I thought.

>muh prey 2
Fucking hilarious
>>
>>376162980
It may have not been Spore, but it was an absolute pile of shit and one of the biggest dissappointments of the decade.
Thought admmittedly, a lot of the bad will for the game came from how insanely it was overhyped pre-release, and how the demo made everyone think it's amazing, which made the shittiness of the actual game all the more glarring.

But it was a terrible, terrible game and a massive blunder. Seriously, at least Brink level of blunder. And funny enough that Human Head actually worked on Brink too.
>>
>>376162349
>>376162231

>prey
>ss1 remake
>ss3

I was real worried about the state of Sci-Fi vidya after Andromeda but all these give me hope, Prey was much better than I anticipated and I already enjoyed the demo.
>>
bethesda shills are real and afflicted with autism
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.