[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to play DA:O for the first time. Which race and origin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png (176KB, 300x424px) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png
176KB, 300x424px
Going to play DA:O for the first time. Which race and origin should i pick? No dwarves pls, i can't self insert as a manlet.
>>
>>376149007
Male elf mage.
>>
city elf for all the racist dialog options you'll get

I fucking hate elves and it was still the most fun choice. The origin story is also probably the most compelling, especially if you don't wanna be a dwarf.
>>
File: 1456897014760.jpg (36KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1456897014760.jpg
36KB, 500x500px
Dwarf Noble
>>
You won't be able to play Elves either.

Human mage. You'll be able to use armor and weapons when unlock Arcane Warrior specialization.
>>
Human Noble ties in incredibly well with the plot, it and the Dwarf nobles are the best origins hands down.
>>
Male human noble if you want be king and have a mistress that later in the series can become the pope.

Male elf mage if you want personal power and fuck sucubus.
>>
Human Noble is great and i think most people go with it for a first playtrhough.
Plus it connects with the rest of the plot better than the other stories.

But they're all pretty great, so just go for what feels best.
>>
>>376149007
play every origin once, they're pretty short
go with what you liked the most
>>
>>376150304
this
the origins are really the only decent part of the game
the rest is pretty bad

dwarf noble and human noble are the only ones that have any lasting impact on the story though
>>
>>376149007
Human noble is the better of the choices. Gets the most references to their Origin, access to the "best" ending. City Elf and Human Noble was the two origins people back on the Bioware Forums would argue over which is the best.
>>
File: 1460499356882.jpg (37KB, 437x464px) Image search: [Google]
1460499356882.jpg
37KB, 437x464px
>>376149007
Dwar Commoner Rogue

>Fuck
>Pillage
>Be asshole fugg Morrigan before the siege, and don't take her with me
>>
File: 3uBu34n.jpg (20KB, 526x234px) Image search: [Google]
3uBu34n.jpg
20KB, 526x234px
Do you want to have a well established secondary antagonist and have a very happy ending? Play human noble. Female if you want to marry one of your companions.

Do you want the best backstory for yourself and get insight into Orzammar (which is important later in the main quest)? Play dwarf noble.

Do not consider anything else. They have no impact later, nor are they more interesting than the dwarf noble story.
>>
why did it take until awakening for archery to become good?
also all the bows safe for one were trash too
>>
Dwarf Noble is literally the best story though

Human Noble is also pretty good though so if you absolutely can't stand dwarfs then that.
>>
>>376151094
Bioware sucks at making useful abilities.

Same reason 2 handed sword was weaker than just autoattacking with the other weapons.
Same reason almost all of the specializations are garbage.
Same reason 3/4ths of the spell list is not worth even learning.
>>
>>376149007

Human Noble ties into the story most strongly and its ties become most prominent right as the story is reaching its climax

Dwarf Noble gives you access to a major subplot and lots of additional dialogue in the dwarf capital Orzammar

Mage provides important background information on the Mage Tower and majorly colours the way many NPCs will interact with you (mages are feared and strictly controlled)

Dalish lets you be a typical elfy elf if you're into that crap and includes links to ancient artifacts the Eluvians, which are a major plot point in Origins DLC (and Inquisition)

City Elf basically gives you carte blanche to be a dick to every human in the world (city elves are treated as second class citizens and your origin story REALLY emphasises this) but there's not a whole lot of depth beyond that.

Poorfag Dwarf is probably the weakest origin overall but there's a neat rags-to-riches narrative going on there that's kind of endearing.
>>
>>376152312
Two-handed is the absolute best option for a warrior. After level 14 when the game finally allows you to take the AoE knockdown, the only useful warrior ability other than upgraded champion shout. Which is level 18.

Most specializations are useful. On nightmare, which 99% of the people won't play.

Most spells are useful. But they're made irrelevant by a bunch of obvious optimal ones.

It's not that Bioware sucks at making useful abilities. It's that Bioware could never abstain from drowning good content in filler bloat or arbitrarily preventing the characters from obtaining useful things until very late in the game. Remember how your tank only started getting good armor halfway through the game? Even though a tank needs good armor from level 1 onward? Or how taunt is a level 4 ability? Gotta fill out those arbitrary skill trees.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.