[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is LAN gaming dead and how did it die?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: LAN-party.jpg (75KB, 587x440px) Image search: [Google]
LAN-party.jpg
75KB, 587x440px
Why is LAN gaming dead and how did it die?
>>
Broadband
>>
>>376145326

It died when fast internet connections and free voice communication were invented.
>>
>>376145405
>>376145441
This. Thread end.
>>
>>376145326
I miss starcraft
>>
>you will never be young and have lan parties with your bros at one of your bro's girlfriend's lakeside mansion ever again
>>
It's not really dead. I still occasionally get together with old friends to lan games. Granted it's usually older games.
>>
>>376145496
It shouldn't have had to die because of faster internet. Even nowadays game companies prefer forcing you to use their servers rather than allow a dedicated server or a LAN party.
>>
>>376145326
wtf are you talking about?
LAN gaming isn't dead. there are still plenty of regional LANs and taking a pc to your friends and playing with them has never been easier.
>>
>>376145834

As technology grows, more and more people become lazy.

You should expect this when it comes to the worthless mouthbreathers that used to do LAN stuff.

Faster internet and voice stuff is much, much simpler to get done and much faster than doing LAN stuff.

If you don't want it to die, then you call up all of your friends and you guys decide on a game to lan and then get together.

An older game you all love.

Good luck. You will need it.
>>
games dont support LAN anymore
you literally HAVE to play online
>>
>>376145326
No reason to.

At most you have the personal interaction that only couch-coop can give. Gamers on pc are mostly unsocial weeb cucks. Those that are hang out with friends outside of games.

LAN used to be able cutting lag and being able to communicate without using 1337 speak.

Broadband and free voip solved that.

thus LAN gaming is dead.
>>
>>376145326
LAN parties are social experiences.
If you get together with your friends, there's no reason you couldn't all play video games together. Electronics are smaller than ever.
Maybe the issue is that people increasingly don't socialize with people around them, but instead their social media circlejerk.
>>
Society is becoming robot zombies who are afraid of social interaction.

Society is losing it's use for verbal communication in a casual environment in favor of craning their neck down and staring at a 4 inch screen on their space phone for 17 hours straight with only breathing and moving their thumb.

LAN cant happen again because of that and online is superior in every way but the in person connections.
>>
>>376145326
It's in direct competition with dedicated servers and discord/teamspeak/mumble, and it's going to lose because you don't have to drag your can and monitor over to a friend's place, and the rest of the industry is just following through. If only VLANs over IP are better (tunngle, evolvehq, garena), old physical LAN's long dead.

And you usually get a job or get lazy after 24, so good luck getting your old friends together unless you're all cool dudes.
>>
>>376145326
>It's not really dead. I still occasionally get together with old friends to lan games. Granted it's usually older games.

It isn't dead because I do it still.
get fucked.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.