[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is the worst pve game in the series discuss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 354
Thread images: 48

File: h653h356hger.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
h653h356hger.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
this is the worst pve game in the series

discuss
>>
>>376138537

I give enough fuck to reply in your thread but I dont gve enough fuck to discuss anything abotu this game. It was a huge letdown, bigger than ds2 since it pretty much killed most of the hope albeit, it did at least things right. Weapon arts are not enough reason to play the same shitty boring game Ive been playing since 6 years now. Ds2 at least has buiold variety and content
>>
>>376138537
Darksouls 3 is literally thrown together using bloodborne assets and dumbed down
>>
It's bad, but DS2 is worse. At least the basic fucking function of moving your character isn't as unpleasant as it is in DS2.
>>
>>376138736
Faggot try learning grammar before posting
>>
Can I ask why you think so? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, as I thought DS1 was more fun, but I thoroughly enjoyed DS3. Is it because most of the enemies are humanoid knights and shit? You said discuss, so discuss it.
>>
I'm sorry, but anyone that defends DS1's awful controls need to be shot. Ds3 did everything better but the level design.
>>
bloodborne is the better pve game :)
>>
>>376139087
It's because it's the newest in the series so it's "the worst" even though all of the games are good.
>>
The only truly bad thing about it is the linearity. In combat, weapons, enemies, animations, bosses, level design and even aesthetics it is by far the best Dark Souls.

Also, just so its clear from the get go and the thread can end here:
My opinions > your opinions.
>>
>>376138537
ds3 is objectively the worst combat due to the sheer amount of roll spamming you can do, its literally bloodborne ported from a dash to a roll... and it fucking sucks

ds1 and 2 had much better PVE due to actually having to manage your stamina bar.
>>
series being Dark Souls? No, DaS2 had some of the worst enemy placement in any video game
series being Soulsborne? No, BB pve was so incredibly dull and easy
DaS3 had a good blend of difficulty, but was still on the easier side.
Although it's worth mentioning that none of the pve in any of these games is hard, at all.
>>
>>376138537
The fact there are people who legitimately think DS3 is the best game in spite of how you may feel about DS2 is honestly appalling. I can't believe there are people who have such shit fucking taste.
>>
>>376138537
I could understand not liking the level design, the structure of the world, the story, or even the PVP.

But if there's anything that 3 does well it's the combat encounters. There's almost no filler, everything is unique and memorable. If you don't like the BB style of combat that's fair enough, but you should say that in your post.
>>
>>376139087
>Worst poise
>horrible build variety
>broken defense

Gameplay observations alone it's worse than DS2.
>>
>>376139201

DaS3 has best level design. It's the world design that pales in comparison to DaS1.
>>
>>376139087
it's like all of the worst parts of bloodborne combined with all of the worst parts of the previous souls games

the combat is really lacking compared to the previous games in terms of mechanics and variety(i.e. no build diversity for most of the game), the absence of poise coupled with much faster attacks often makes fights more frustrating than anything else

the enemy design is also pretty bad, a lot of them feel like bloodborne enemies that just flail around a lot and aren't interesting to fight (again combine the flailing with the lack of poise and it's more annoying than anything else)

most combat in the game consists of spamming rolls until an enemy has an opening then spamming r1, it's just not interesting, you fight a black knight the same way you fight a generic hollow

also most of the areas in the game are only really good for the first run through, after that they're absolutely pathetic and you're better just running past anything, most of them don't even have good loot in side areas or anything

a lot of this probably sounds wishy-washy and too subjective but the game just doesn't interest me in the same way that the others do
>>
>>376139087
not OP, but i do agree with him, to a degree.
i thought the game was too short, not enough bosses, too linear, etc etc.
the combat feels weightless, one moment youll be swinging the ultra greatsword as if you can barely lift it, the next youre rolling around with it and it clips through the ground. really annoying.
towards the end, (like around archdragon peak) things start feeling like a drag.
the game itself is beautiful, great art design and cool enemies, the armor design is fucking awesome and i love the soul of cinders fight.
overall, i enjoyed the game, it was fun, had a great time playing it and i love to come back.
but it doesnt feel like a real souls game, it feels unfinished, like the devs ideas never truly came into fruition.
>>
>>376140369
>the combat feels weightless, one moment youll be swinging the ultra greatsword as if you can barely lift it, the next youre rolling around with it and it clips through the ground. really annoying.

So every single Souls game?
>>
>>376139314

This is so fucking true, it hurts. /v/ does this with literally every franchise. I never thought Id see the day where /v/ praises Final Fantasy X but in every FFXV thread theres like thirty people unironically saying how awesome HAW HAW HAW HAW is.
>>
>>376140487
i hadn't noticed it in the others anon
>>
>>376140984

What? Do the other games somehow handle the rolling animations for ultra greatswords differently? I've been playing since Demon's Souls and your complaint is just weird as fuck. It's something that applies to all Souls games.
>>
>>376138963
Nope, DS2 enemies had poise so you couldn't R1 mash things to death, plus stamina actually mattered.
>>
Thoroughly enjoyed DS3.
Was definitely on the easier side compared to previous installments, and the DLCs were in general way too short.

But the level design and NPCs were fun and I enjoyed pretty much every single boss fight (except the letdown that was Yhorm).

Loved it and definitely loved PVP.

Oh and it was also way2ezy4me of course
>>
>>376140821
Never happened.
>>
>>376141240
I dunno about 2, but 1 had much lower weight allowance for when they would allow you to do a full roll. Med rolls sucked shit so you had to choose between either being nimble or defensive.

I think what he means is that its weird that you can do full iframe rolls while decked out in heavy armor and large weapons. Normally you have to sacrifice something for that.
>>
>>376138537
>Dark Souls
>PvE
kys yourself
>>
File: DS3.png (24KB, 962x712px) Image search: [Google]
DS3.png
24KB, 962x712px
>>
>>376138537
Not really, the level design and the enemy encounters were fine which is something I can't say about DS2.

I didn't like how linear the game felt, I feel that ever since they introduced the ability to teleport between bonfires the world design started to get shittier because since you can just teleport anywhere there's no reason to add cool shortcuts.

I wish the devs stopped being lazy when it comes to covenants, why does the Blue Sentinel covenant even exist when the Blades of the Darkmoon is literally the same thing?
>>
File: crusader_purgingintensifies.jpg (45KB, 600x501px) Image search: [Google]
crusader_purgingintensifies.jpg
45KB, 600x501px
>>376138537
>this is the worst pve game in the series
probably true but when I finally get to play das3 I'm going have fun cosplaying/role playing. Having no real poise will suck though because how can I roleplay as a paladin (strength faith build) without poise? HERESY!
>>
>>376142168
DS2 is better. DS3 has better individual areas, no question, but the linearity completely and utterly kills replay value. DS2 gives you a lot of freedom as to where you can go at pretty much any point in the game, I just played it again twice and went through most areas in a completely different order, prioritizing different gear and items. I just get bored with DS3 halfway through every time because its the same progression of areas with little deviation. The first game was better for this reason as well, you had more freedom in where you could choose to go at any given time.
>>
File: 1393614859091.jpg (40KB, 412x408px) Image search: [Google]
1393614859091.jpg
40KB, 412x408px
>>376142135
Irithyl is linear as fuck and is essentially just two corridors with barely anything going on and the majority of the enemies are completely conventional humanoids outside of the 1 BB ripoff enemy.

>b-but it looks pretty!

Literally the only reason people praise it. Even then it just looks like alt-yharnam.

Both Untended Graves and Profaned Capital are awful.
>>
>>376142454
>inb4 retards tell you the fact that poise only activates when you'd have hyper armor anyway totally makes up for it
>>
File: latza.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
latza.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
>>376142625
>hating on Champion Gundyr

get fucked bud
>>
File: soools goomes.png (1MB, 1996x1404px) Image search: [Google]
soools goomes.png
1MB, 1996x1404px
>>
>>376141707
>not liking pve
>in a souls game

faggot
>>
>>376141707
I bet you're a min/maxing sperg twink, too. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than bodying tryhard invaders like you.
>>
>>376142734
>dodge spam to avoid the 10 hit wombo combo
>poke his bum when he calms down
>area is literally the tutorial level with the skybox removed

Great "fight" lad.
>>
Your thread is shit
>>
File: crypt_bs_das2.jpg (611KB, 1408x2098px) Image search: [Google]
crypt_bs_das2.jpg
611KB, 1408x2098px
>>376142576
>that realization when you can get the Crypt Blacksword super early
how?
>level up a bit to have at least 1,000 hp
>save up 15k to buy the cat ring (might have to kill the last giant and pursuer...)
>speedrun through the gutter and the black gulch
>talk to lucatiel in her hidey spot
>beat the rotten on your own the first time
>use a bonfire ascetic at the second Black Gulch bonfire
>Summon Lucatiel for NG+ The Rotten
>now just speed run to Brighstone Cove Tseldora after you saved Ornifex in the Shaded Woods

It's not super fast but it's way faster than the developers ever imagined you'd get the Crypt Blacksword
>>
File: Dark_Souls56.jpg (155KB, 354x316px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls56.jpg
155KB, 354x316px
Any tips on how to make a viable sorcery build in DaSIII? All the good shit seems to be stacked to the end of the game which sucks, but at least I can do the DLC with a fully decked out build.
>>
>>376141240
no anon, i just havent played the other games as much.
>>
>>376138537
>almost all bosses have multiple phases / multiple health bars
>almost all bosses do elemental damage in addition to physical damage, making greatshields useless
>bullshit hp amount, def, and resist, making fights long as fuck and nuke strategies impossible
I still had more fun with it than II but I agree
>>
I used to think ds1 > ds3 > ds2 = des
now with the latest ds3 dlc i think ds1 = ds3 > ds2 = des
>>
>>376139087
>constant rehashing from the first game
>cheap enemy attack patterns
>armor doesn't matter
>poise is nonexistent
>over half of the bosses have movesets that are just slight variations of Artorias from the first game
>garbage invasion system that turns every battle into a fight of attrition instead of strategy
>every fight boils down to R1 and roll spam

The whole game feels like they tried to fit Bloodborne into a Dark Souls shell, but it doesn't work at all. It ironically feels like it lacks a soul of its own.
>>
>>376142696
i hate that but yeah someone is bound to try and make excuses for "hyper armor".
>>
>>376143278
forgot to mention the linear progression of the world, as well
>>
>>376142967
just parry him
>>
>tfw you realized you're having a shitton more fun doing reruns of 2 and will never touch 3 again
>>
>>376143296
still baffles me how anyone can say hyper armor is the same as poise when it clearly fucking isn't
>>
>>376143172
protip: don't.

Sorcery has been hit so hard with the nerf bat it's not even funny. You can do pyros and use some supplementary sorceries I guess, but pure sorceries will be painful.
>>
>>376143410
it's probably assholes who enjoying doing flynn ring builds because they can wear scraps of cloth for "armor" and still somehow have "poise".
>>
>>376143129
i did this yesterday but with the moonlight great sword

it honestly blows my mind just how many viable builds you can throw together in das2, it's such a great "dumb fun" game
>>
>>376143595
flynns ring sucks though
>>
>>376138537
Anybody else run a faith build in DaS3? I had a lot of fun with it, miracles just body several late game bosses.
>>
>>376143398
Having a world map that's more linear than FF13 really hurt DS3
>>
>>376143740
but it's not
>>
>>376143296
>>376143410
Technically it is, the flag for poise goes from "off" to "on" when hyper armor is activated.

But we had both poise and hyper armor in all the past games, and poise only flags on when you'd have those iframes anyway, so there's really no excuse. It's just busted in DS3, heavy armor is still basically worthless.
>>
>>376143678
I haven't played dark souls 3 but flynn's ring is in dark souls 2 and I think a dark souls 3 thread on here a few weeks ago I saw someone post a flynn's ring build (it looked retarded but i guess they really wanted the extra damage).
>>
>>376143172
>Sorcery
>Viable

It's only good for cheesing bosses and certain mobs. Magic should be totally avoided if you plan on doing PvP at all.
>>
>>376143858
the damage is negligible and even using a heavy weapon is enough weight to significantly reduce it
>>
>>376143806
Not him, but, at least compared to all the other souls games, it is extremely linear.

You can kill Dancer early and fuck around in the castle and the graves, you can either kill Crystal Sage in Road of Sacrifices or go and do Farron Keep, and you can do Aldritch and Yhorm in either order. That's about it.
>>
>>376138537
DS3>DS1>DeS>DS2
If we're talking strictly pve combat and core mechanics.
Only hipsters disagree.

DS1 poise + insta backstab meant cancer.
DS2 everything was terrible.
Both had magic being easy mode.
Both had healing items other than estus basically defeating the entire purpose of that mechanic. This also made the choice of whether you push forward to the next bonfire or retreat and restock a non issue, because you definitely have enough humanity/lifegems to make it.
DS2 also had the infinitely repairable noob ring basically nullifying death entirely.
>>
did anyone ever get good at killing dancer on low level characters?

the amount of estus you have by that point in the game makes me think das3 is designed sort of like blooodborne where you're pretty much expected to take damage, except unlike that game the combat system doesn't really accommodate it so they just give you like 20 estus by the end of the game to deal with it

with this in mind, and factoring in that dancer is a late game boss that does lots of high damage attacks that while not unavoidable are not designed to be dodged consistently, it feels like saying "you can kill dancer to get to lothric castle at the start of the game" is somewhat disingenuous, it's good that its at least an option though
>>
i've only heard pvp fags say poise not functioning like it did in dks1 is a good thing
>>
dark souls 2 is worse, dark souls 2 is like a sick joke made to make the fans feel bad, there's something wrong with everything in that game
>>
File: ironcladsoldier_akaTurtleTank.png (437KB, 582x583px) Image search: [Google]
ironcladsoldier_akaTurtleTank.png
437KB, 582x583px
>>376143843
and there he is. let's all laugh at him while continues to believe that hyper armor is real poise. you are so fucking dumb. Please go back to dark souls 1 or 2 and try to do what you do in dark souls 3. By all means, wear cloth "armor" and try to "hyper armour" through the Ironclad Soldier's attacks. I will enjoy the thought of you getting smashed into the ground or walking into the 3 or four hit combo they do (the last hit makes you go airborne).
>>
>>376144104
>strictly pve combat and core mechanics.

>DS1 poise + insta backstab meant cancer.
>>
>>376144204
Well yes walking through enemy attacks to backstab them without any care, or standing in front of bosses and smashing R1 and winning.
Both cancer.
>>
>>376144123
after i did a sl1 run i found it really easy to kill her early with something like a +4 broadsword

you can do it even more easily with a bandit knife and carthus rouge bleed strat

if you kill her early you can max out your weapon easily
>>
>>376144318
it's better than no poise at all.
>>
File: 1467397981893.jpg (18KB, 395x387px) Image search: [Google]
1467397981893.jpg
18KB, 395x387px
>>376144193
Did you not read the rest of the post, you simpering shitwit?

>there's really no excuse. It's just busted in DS3, heavy armor is still basically worthless

Poise is shit in DS3 and does not work the way it did in the other games, and its clear From intended it to but changed their minds at the last minute given we have a whole fucking stat and several items dedicated to it. Playing with CE and poise actually turned on is great.
>>
>>376144123
I've done multiple SL1 playtroughs
Dancers really not that hard with a leveled weapon, but early on it can be a bitch.
Mostly because she has instant startup one hit kills
>>
>>376144193
>acting like pve is hard with or without armor
>>
File: Dark_Souls24.jpg (289KB, 800x609px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls24.jpg
289KB, 800x609px
>>376143497
>>376144039
What about for PvE then? I just feel like doing a sorcerer character for the fashion and playstyle.
>>
who was the hardest boss in your ds3 sl1 run?

i still have to clear the dlc bosses and soul of cinder but champion gundyr takes the cake for me
>>
>>376144318
Well you can't backstab bosses, and you're still taking damage even if you're not flinching. And no poise at all just means heavy armor is fucking worthless.
>>
>>376144318
hey look everyone it's the guy who can't time dodges or do anything but spam r1 into big boys so he shits on poise and he sucks at the game and doesn't know how to counter backstab or just not expose his back to the other player so he hates those too

git
gud
shitter
fuckboi
>>
>>376138537
DaS2 is the worst.
>>
>>376144521
it's not busted though, it simply doesn't exist.
also
>Playing with CE and poise actually turned on is great
>having to cheat to play the game the way it should have been
>>
>>376144696
>>376144478
>no poise
When the fuck was the last time you guys even played the game?
I thought we were passed this bullshit.
>>
>>376138537
Dark Souls 1 is probably the worst desu if you're actually evaluating the games and not being nostalgic.
>Shit weapons.
>Infinites up the ass.
>Circle and stab.
>Bosses can't do shit if you dive at their nuts.
>Poise (lol).
>Primitive enemies and bosses overall are weaklings that pose zero challenge compared to later games.
>>
>>376144696
>you're still taking damage even if you're not flinching
not much of an issue since you can drink one of your 20 estus flasks to heal up while the boss is hitting you
>>
>>376144521
also
>using korean slut reaction images
disgusting
>>
>>376140173
Imagine having opinions this stupid
>>
>>376144839
We never were okay with dark souls 3 and it's retarded hyper amor but things quieted down until the new dark souls 3 dlc came out and then that one guy came out with video in defense of dark souls 2 (thats actually what the video is called now that i think of it).
>>
>>376138537
>autism the fucking post
It's the best one you fedora tipping faggot
>>
>>376144880
It is if you're taking more damage than your estus is healing
>>
File: 1445858722825.gif (20KB, 180x120px) Image search: [Google]
1445858722825.gif
20KB, 180x120px
>>376138537

1>2>3
>>
>>376144650
>Playstyle

It's still fucking boring, doubly so if you're just doing PvE. It hasn't changed since Dark Souls 1. For everything you don't 1 shot with crystal arrow or gr8 soul dregs you'll just be falling back on your Memelight gr8sword. Actually, you'll probably be using your sword the most anyway since the game is full of fucking ganksquads, at which point why even play sorcerer?

As for fashion, most of the robes look really retarded on their own, and you'll probably end up using some kinda light armor as a chest piece and maybe cloth for everything else. Up until you get Frieda or Shinra's sets at least.
>>
>>376138963

Not even close. At least enemies in DS2 had stamina, unlike the infinite piece of bullshit in this glorified cheap bloodborne knock-off that forgot to include the actual Hunters as the players.
>>
>>376145261
top word
>>
File: crown_of_dusk.png (16KB, 254x213px) Image search: [Google]
crown_of_dusk.png
16KB, 254x213px
>>376144650
Problem with sorceror fashion souls is you essentially have to wear the ugliest headpiece in the entire game.

Also if you don't go glass-cannon build you're pretty useless.
>>
File: gin_slam.png (2MB, 1238x694px) Image search: [Google]
gin_slam.png
2MB, 1238x694px
>>376138537
>invaded by DaRkSaSukE
>slow walk towards you while two handing frayed blade
>full fallen knight
>stops dead 10 feet away from you
>*tip tip tip m'lady*
>running stab
>pulls out that ceastus
>parries
>kills you in 1 hit
>quiet resolve and slow walk away
>>
>>376138537

DaS3:TFFE = BB:TOH > DaS1:PTDE > DaS2:SOTFS > DeS
>>
>>376145510
That would be pretty damn cool if it actually happened.
>>
File: 1300044776986.png (149KB, 249x250px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.png
149KB, 249x250px
>>376138736
>>376139607
>>376140173
>>376141356
>>376142576
>>376145261
>>
File: 1440855844778.png (570KB, 1200x788px) Image search: [Google]
1440855844778.png
570KB, 1200x788px
>>376145510
>Invaded by player in Swamp
>He stands between me and my souls
>I use an estus half way through the fight
>Eventually beat him
>Receive an invite to a group called "Chug that Estus"
>Look at his profile
>1100 hours logged on DS3.

1100 fucking hours and he still doesn't understand "muh honor" and "muh rules" don't apply to invasions.
>>
>>376144650
>fashion and playstyle

enjoy your meme hat, ugly candlestick dagger, and only using great heavy soul arrow because it is the objective best spell
>>
>>376145720
eh if i get invaded and the invader faces me in a clear room with no mobs and doesn't heal then i won't either
if they run away, try to use mobs, etc, all bets are off. if they try to duel, i'll duel.
>>
>>376139087

No build variety whatsoever with a handful of weapons clearly above all the rest.

No poise so armor is 100% useless.

Every enemy is hiper aggressive, every encounter is an ambush, every chest is a mimick because DUDE HARDEST GAME EVER LMAO. Tryhard design at its finest.

Full of needless pandering constantly referencing dark souls 1 for forced nostalgia reasons instead of expanding on the lore.

The game has fuckall lore of its own, which is why it lacks an identity.

Dropped dual stance for the hilarious failure that were the weapon arts.

Full of reused assets from bloodborne, more so than what we're used to seeing from From.

Worst DLCs of the franchise.

While all the enemies are bloodborne tier aggressive or even more so, you still play like your clunky ass average souls hero. Biggest design clash I have ever seen.
>>
File: ezgif-1-d402d59d5a.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-1-d402d59d5a.gif
4MB, 480x270px
git...
>>
>>376145472
the crown of dusk is why I never make a male sorcerer in dark soul 1. Even in dark souls 2 the equivalent to the Crown of Dusk, the Black Witch Domino Mask, looks ridiculous on male characters.
>>
File: das1.jpg (51KB, 359x305px) Image search: [Google]
das1.jpg
51KB, 359x305px
>>376145925
>>
>>376145921
Also forgot:

Worst invasions system from the franchise by a fucking mile.

R1 Spam: The Game.
>>
File: 1483852518225.jpg (20KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1483852518225.jpg
20KB, 320x320px
>>376145720
>Invade someone in the Swamp
>He's acting extra cautions around me
>Halfway through the fight he chugs
>Figure he's a noob and let him win to feel good
>Invite him to my group to be nice
>>
>>376138537
ds2 is the worst pve ever https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYP1onQnNmE
>>
>>376145921
Powerstancing was and always will be ass. Kill this meme.
>>
>>376145720
how do people know your steam profile when you're invading? I get those passive aggressive friend requests/group requests/profile comments all the time when I PVP and it's spooky how they went out of their way to somehow stalk my profile
>>
>>376146151
>Shift + Tab
>Friends -> Recent Players
>Click profile that corresponds with how long ago you encountered them
>>
>>376144594
DS3 PvE isn't "hard" per se, it's just fucking retarded that there is no reason to wear heavy armor when the shittiest low level enemies can stagger you with their most basic attacks.

The enemies feel like they move at Bloodborne speed but the player character is still really slow at attacking. Everything playstyle just devolves into endless rollfagging.
>>
>>376138537
Honestly, the more I discuss Souls on /v/ the more I realize they're all actually shit and I was dumb for thinking they were good.
They're all broken pieces of shit with terrible levels, shitty pvp and unfinished mechanics. I've done a 180 on this garbage series.
>>
>>376146151
>>376146226
I actually miss GFWL for communicating with other players.
>>
>>376143398

I HATED dark souls 2 with a passion but never got around to playing its dlcs, but I decided to right after being done with the garbage that was dark souls 3. Bought the upgrade on steam and I was really fucking surprised by how much they toned down the bullshit from vanilla. The only thing I absolutely hated was Brume Tower because it still had that retarded mindset of throwing a billion and one enemies on your face to try to farm cheap deaths for the sake of the hard meme. The other two dlcs were absolutely incredible, specially level design wise. I can now safely say that dark souls 2 is indeed better than 3 in every possible way aside from the fact it lacks a permanent red eye orb and has soul memory. It also has plenty of lore by itself instead of boiling down to "member dark souls 1 guyze?"
>>
>>376145925
What the actual fuck is happening in this gif?
>>
>>376146226
>do this
>"this person has not set up their profile yet"

how the fuck is that even allowed? I don't get that.
>>
File: 1493800228232.png (48KB, 924x560px) Image search: [Google]
1493800228232.png
48KB, 924x560px
>>376145720
>invaded in the area before swamp
>well whatever
>he's darksasuke tier muh honor faggot
>just fuck his shit up with my claymore without allowing him to do anything
>continue playing the game
>>
>>376146145

My ass it was. I powerstanced that fire sword you get early on the forest with some other shitty sword throughout half the game and it was useful as fuck. There were multiple top tier builds that relied on them, i.e. the broken mess that was the battle axe dual wielding and also dual spears. Weapon arts are hilariously pathetic.
>>
>>376142751
Never played 2, what the deal with the reaction there? The dlcs or something?
>>
>>376146373
that little area is a popular spot for invaders to ambush hosts and/or people co-oping with the host because you can be completely hidden by using that lie down gesture as well as using Chameleon or a Silver Talisman (idk if those are in dark souls 3 though). I think the invader got up from the lie down gesture just to spook the host and the people co-oping with him. Or maybe he just wanted to make a point about gankers.
>>
>>376146613
don't worry about the reactions just play the fucking game already.
>>
i dunno about that but i can tell you for absolute 100% fact that it is the worst PvP game in the series

this is not even remotely debatable
>>
File: 1456942948538.jpg (225KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
1456942948538.jpg
225KB, 800x533px
>>376146709
>All those hours spent there blasting hosts off with the Emit Force miracle while they pick up the b8 I left
>>
>>376146613
Nah it's just really tough going back from the fast movement of DaS3/BBorne to DaS2. The ADP stat makes it feel like your character moves like he's got a load in his pants at low levels.
>>
File: file.png (418KB, 901x530px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
418KB, 901x530px
>despite all the advice telling me not to do it, I decide to go to leddit to check their side of the community
>people unironically talking about invasions as if they were some kind of out-of-the-game unwated mechanic that should be nerfed into oblivion regardless of balance since "only assholes invade!"
>they unironically follow "moral" and "honor" codes in a fucking video game
>their definition of theorycrafting is not building coherent and down the ground stories to fill the gaps in the lore based on evidence and plausible claims, but rather a competition of who can pull as much baseless shit from their asses as humanly possible
>they unironically talk in this forced as fuck upbeat way and say things like "praise the sun!" as if we were still in 2011 and early 2012
>they actually praise fanservicing and cheap references and want more of them

I should have listened, but now I understand why it all went to shit.
>>
File: silver_mask.png (29KB, 257x235px) Image search: [Google]
silver_mask.png
29KB, 257x235px
>>376145925
As much as people like to piss and moan about people who abuse hyperarmor or hornet ring, can you really blame them when this is the shit they are up against?
>>
>>376146830
>>376146895
So if feel more at home with the movement in DaS I, should I be fine with 2's movement?
>>
>all these faggots bitching about "muh build variety"
>in regards to PvE
literally everything is viable, just don't be a shitter

and also don't be a gay caster
>>
>>376147202
More at home than with DS3/BB. DS2 still has iFrames tied to a stat though, so if you don't level ADP then you'll find yourself suffering from bullshit like being hit by attacks you clearly dodged.
>>
>>376146528
Just because you made it half way through the game with that retarded shit doesn't make it not ass.
The stamina consumption and slower rate of attack meant that it was basically useless in most cases. You would've been better off swinging the 2 SS separately and perma stunlocking fools even in pvp.
And most powerstancing combos were pants on head retarded like curved sword and axe or katana and greatsword.
Dual weapons are better than powerstancing by a long mile. Add weapon arts to the mix and removing powerstancing is one of the best decisions they've made for DS3.
>>
>Spam roll away
>heal
>spam roll
>heal
>spam roll
>heal
fuck this game
>>
>>376138537
This is the best DS game in the series.
>>
>>376147337
>Just because you made it half way through the game with that retarded shit doesn't make it not ass.

Just like because you're incompetent with it, it doesn't suddenly make it shit. The fact remains that many of the top tier builds at their respective times used dual weapons and it was a perfectly viable and strong way to play the game, unlike weapon arts that never have any use ever.
>>
>>376147221
>d-don't be a caster
>j-just don't even bother with armor either
>everything is viable guys I swear.

Yeah everything is viable if you're a fucking masochist.
>>
File: Pus_of_man_(2).jpg (207KB, 918x680px) Image search: [Google]
Pus_of_man_(2).jpg
207KB, 918x680px
>Dark Souls 3 has the best enemy design in the series.
>>
>>376147607
[horseshit intensifies]
>>
>>376147481
>unlike weapon arts that never have any use ever.
Most weapon arts are useful in one way or another.
Go powerstance a straight sword and a hammer and tell me that shit isn't retarded.
>>
File: adp_darksouls2.webm (2MB, 857x480px) Image search: [Google]
adp_darksouls2.webm
2MB, 857x480px
>>376147202
das2's movement is not as smooth as das1 but stamina use in pve and pve is more balanced. So is rolling because of a stat called adp/agility. This webm explains it so I don't have to.
>>
File: 1493626787208.jpg (94KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
1493626787208.jpg
94KB, 320x300px
>bored so I decide to do some Aldrich faithful PvP
>invade near darkmoon tomb
>Knights are dead and lift is up so I decide to go to anal londo
>run around for 5 minutes looking for host
>see health bar appear in distance
>run back to the lift and proceed back down to pontiff
>host with 2 phantoms run up spamming L1 doing that gay shit
>proceed to do the same to establish friendship
>all of the sudden get backstabbed and killed in 1 hit
>its darksasuke
>>
>>376147607
Dark Souls 3 has a few good enemy designs as well.

...and they are reskinned over and over ad nauseam as well.
>>
>>376147607
did some from software employee go through all the sound files at the last minute and randomly make 10% of them twice as loud as they were meant to be?
>>
>>376138537
Comparison time using a mechanic that is present in both games.
Torches.

Let's look at the Torch in DaS2 first.
>Lighting and use of darkness in DaS2 is bad to non-existent but the torch casts shadows even if there is little reason to use it to actually illuminate the area
>The torch is on a timer and you have to gather more torches to extend it
>The torch can only be lit at a bonfire or with a flame butterfly
>Some monsters fear your torch
>Some characters in the crypt will be aggressive towards you if you have your torch out
>You can light sconces and there are rewards for doing so
>You can light the windmill on fire even if it doesn't look like it and it changes the dynamic of the upcoming boss fight
>You can somewhat alter the Lost Sinner fight by lighting up the arena that should have been pitch black
>In shrine of Amana the torch is useful for illuminating the bottomless chasms that hide just under the surface of the water
>If you put your torch away or if you roll in water then your torch will go out

Now let's look at the Torch in DaS3.
>Lighting is significantly better in DaS3 and there is mild use of darkness. The torch doesn't cast any shadows though and there is still little reason to use it to illuminate areas.
>The torch is a weapon, lit by wielding it
>Some enemies will go into an extended vulnerable state when taking fire damage but won't ever fear the flame and will ignore fire damage until they are vulnerable again which means that they can still get off an attack between vulnerable animations
>Taking out the torch will instantly purge maggots from the player even if creatures literally made from maggots do not care and there are other ways for the player to introduce fire to the immediate area that do nothing to them
>If you put your torch away to twohand another weapon then it goes out and sticks to your back. Water has no effect on the torch.

DaS3 may look better on the surface but below that it's worse in a lot of ways.
>>
>>376147757

>>376147607
Dark Souls has a few good enemy designs.

...and they are reused ad nauseam as well.

no deletes faggot
>>
>>376148403
but anon... I meant to type 3
>>
>>376138537
>>
How did the Souls fanbase manage to be the worst fanbase on /v/ after sonyfans and sonicfags?
>>
>>376142454
Just google the mechanic. It takes 10 minutes to understand.
>>
File: Chris1.jpg (348KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Chris1.jpg
348KB, 800x800px
>>376148527
NO DELETES
>>
>>376148036
You won't convince me that DS2 is better than DS3.
I've played both of them and know which one is a piece of shit.
>>
File: fearnotthedarkmyfriend.jpg (33KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
fearnotthedarkmyfriend.jpg
33KB, 1364x768px
>>376148036
>>Some monsters fear your torch
sadly in the original dark souls 2 only the silent hill looking things in No Man's Wharf were afraid of your torch. In SOTFS they made it so the spiders in Brightstone Cove Tseldora are afraid of your torch which makes the Duke's Dear Freja so much easier. It's actually kind of funny to watch the spiders scramble around you because they don't want to get close to the fire. What's not as funny? When the Dark Stalkers in No Man's Wharf get pissed off by your torch, go berserk, and can proc bleed on you in three hits (it's only dangerous at an early level).
>>
Who says sorcery build sucks in DaS3?

>cap int at 60
>raw rapier +10 with crystal weapon
>proceed to rape anything in the game, PvE or PvP
>>
>>376147607
Yeah? That's a fantastic design.
>>
>>376148036

dude torches were a retarded and unnecessary mechanic in DaS2
>>
>>376148731
Because spells are trash.
>>
R1 spam with a straight sword.
>>
>>376148807
This. I went through DaS2 in its entirety without even knowing how to light a torch.
>>
>>376148823
>farron flashsword
>greatsword spell

you won't believe how many players can't keep up with these spells with the raw rapier too
>>
Entire series is an exercise in mediocrity. Fags on here worship it because "it doesnt hold your hand" and "its dark and edgy and memes lel". It had good ideas for combat and failed to actually expand on it. Soulsclones have and are replacing this shit and thank god they are.
>>
>>376148570
epic hilarious trolls and meme videos on youtube as well as sugoi cosplays such as guts from berserk and generic faggot
>>
>>376138537
Eh, I like the level design in the first and last half much more than DS2. Also the bosses are much more engaging to me than DS2. Armor is cooler to with more sets that are nice variations of existing ideas with scabbards too. It also actually has decent lightning and good level themes.

the problem is that at this point in the series everything has been done so 3 is suffering from sequelietus. I'd sooner return to DS2 but that's for the pvp only. And I would sooner return to BB, DeS, or DaS1 than think about returning to DS2.

I think that the biggest problem with DS3 is the combat. 2's combat was like playing at 24 fps with shit sound design but slower combat is more in keeping with DS. The enemies here move almost twice as fast as anything in DS1 or even DeS. Even the plodding Cathedral Knight fucking sprint at you and have 5 hit combos which is just unheard outside of like one or two enemy types in previous games. This is coupled with no poise and a hyperarmor system that is nowhere as good as BB. So sometimes you get COMBO'ed by certain attacks instead of getting PANCAKE'D like in DS1. So, it feels more like its game where two hit combos are guaranteed before you can panic roll.

They made the same mistake that 2 did. They did shit just to raise the difficulty. They made the enemies faster, they gave certain ones near unlimited poise and knock down invinciblity. They kept the nigh impossible-to-break bleed and poison tolerances, but allowed r1 spamming from BB. Unlike the first game, DS3 rewards aggression (like BB). But it lacks all the systems that made BB's game-feel good.

It's like they took the DS1 Chosen Undead, vastly decreased the stamina costs of everything and threw him into the ring with BB's enemies.

It's just not as fun to play and while I will say the game never has an absolutely shitty section (it has plenty of good ones). The central gameplay is as flawed as DS2's with all the problems of souls combat,
>>
>>376148807
>dude torches were a retarded and unnecessary mechanic in DaS2
no they weren't. It was really well done. Also the only reason it felt unnecessary is because the original dark souls 2 had it's lighting engine completely removed from the game because they were afraid consolefags wouldn't be able to handle the lighting engine or something. SOTFS kinda fixed that because areas that were supposed to be really dark are actually pretty dark.
>>
In terms of PvE
DS3 > DS2 > DS1
DS3 has overall the most consistent quality in that regard and it has so many great bossfights.
DS1 loses only because i fucking hate DemonRuins/LostIzalith and the rest of the lategame is pretty meh as well.

In terms of PvP
DS2 > DS3 > DS1
DS2 makes every build viable.
DS3 is too much of a rollfest and restricts mages too hard. And DS1 PvP was roll and backstab garbage plus Havel poise cancer.

In terms of enjoyment/overall experience
DS1 > DS2 > DS3
Despite its flaws DS1 simply is a magical experience even if you don't play it first. No teleport between bonfires in early game and the interconnected world are an insane plus that neither DS2 and DS3 know to counter.
>>
>>376138537
2 was worse. Also, 3 has awesome visual design so I can excuse it for not being the series' best in combat.
>>
>>376149019
>It had good ideas for combat and failed to actually expand on it. Soulsclones have and are replacing this shit and thank god they are.

Lies. Blasphemy.

Unless someone makes a working Pokemon ARPG with Souls mechanics. Then I have no argument and will gladly wank off said game.
>>
>>376139314
That is not, and never will be, an argument
>>
greatest music
>>
>>376149392
I would say DS1 had better music.
>>
>>376145921
>weapon arts

I swear this system was designed with pvp in mind because a majority of the arts have a very specific purpose that works best in pvp but is utter trash in pve.

At launch the Gotthardt combat was monstrously good in pvp because of that weapon art but in pve it's kinda meh because r1's worked just fine and the weapon art couldn't break poise or do substantially better dps.

Reflecting on BB's transform modes I found them much better in pve. LHS was perfect because you had r1's for trash and transform for poise mobs and bosses. Or the transforming attack on the cleave absolutely murdered beast bosses when mixed with fire.
>>
>>376144907
It's funny you call facts "opinions."

Almost like you're the retard here.
>>
i think DS3 PvE is really fun
not finished with it yet but it's good so far. like always you guys complain way too much.
>>
>>376149226
>DS2 over anything except pvp
automatically disregarded
>>
>>376138537
This is shitposting

Discuss
>>
>>376138537
das3 is the best in the series
>>
>>376147607
I liked these
>>
>>376148687
It isn't necessarily better than it but it's not that much worse.
If I hadn't hit the character limit I would have also said that DaS2 for all of its glaring faults has some solid dedication to little details that is missing from DaS3 that is entirely content to wallow in mere passability.
In DaS2 I bet the Storm Ruler would have been capable of dealing with more than just one scripted encounter despite all the reasons for it to be better than that or at least it would have had the special effects removed. DaS3 Lore actually states that Storm Rulers were dual wielded and Storm Rulers don't even have a fully featured left handed moveset which just wouldn't fly in DaS2 either.

>>376148807
It was unnecessary for most of it because the lighting engine sucked but it was still a solid addition.
>>
>>376149767
It is
>>
>>376149047
>It's like they took the DS1 Chosen Undead, vastly decreased the stamina costs of everything and threw him into the ring with BB's enemies.
This, exactly. I haven't played BB, just watched a bunch of it, so I can see that the pace of combat is a bit quicker. The difference is it seems like in BB you have some tools to deal with the increased pace. DS3 just throws a bunch of fast bullshit at you and all FROM did was say "you can roll forever now, good luck". Makes PvE combat pretty fucking tedious.
>>
>>376138537
Dark souls 1 easy exploitable enemy AI and DS2 enemies with cheap tracking exist
>>
>>376138537
The world would be a better place if Dark Souls II didn't exist.
>>
>>376149807
Both DS2 and DS3 have their good and bad things, but with DS2 the bad ones are critical to the enjoyment. Adaptability, magnet enemies, constant multi-encounters, etc. are things we deal with constantly in the game, whereas you can live without weapon arts in pve in DS3. DS2 had some good ideas like bonfire ascetics, estus upgrade system or even the torches you mentioned. But those good things can't overshadow inherent flaws of the game.
DS3 doesn't have stuff that makes you say "This is fucking bullshit" all the time.
>>
I wish I could play Bloodborne. I enjoyed DS3 so much and I bet BB is just as fun.
>>
>>376150586
>DS3 doesn't have stuff that makes you say "This is fucking bullshit" all the time.

Did you even play the fucking game?
>>
>>376147358
>follow the roller until he runs out of stamina
>attack at the end of his roll
>my ultra greatsword is too slow to punish him as he gets his stamina back and starts rolling away.
>have to hyper armor through his SS to pop him.
>Cant even think about punishing the estus heal if he gets two feet of distance. Best I can do is knock him back to where he was before he used estus
>most hosts have more than 10 estus
>literally the only fun I can have in invasions is rushing in with Leto's greathammer as a bunch of overconfident fucks start r1-spamming and ignoring the message that strength is king now

Why can any DS game have great pvp. DeS was trash. DS1 is filled with exploits and backstab fishing. DS2's meta builds are beyond cancerous. BB has stupid gems and a bad invasion system with no covenants rewards. DS3 has absolutely awful invasions with bad spammy combat.
>>
>>376150789
Did you?
>>
>>376147607
The enemy design is neat and it fits the theme of humanity going wild in everyone at the end of time. At worst it looks a little like a sock puppet.

it's moveset is horseshit. Disjointed shitboxes with fuck loads of damage paired with hyper aggression paired with retarded range.

This is a game that also has the great design of the Lothric knight.

So, I think this game was kicked out before polishing could be done.
>>
>>376150881
Pvp was never meant to be a serious thing.
>>
>>376138537
At least it can't be platinumed in only 10 days.
>>
>>376150586
>multi enemy encounters
I really don't get why people still complain about this. SOTFS fixed most of it, and DS3 has plenty of that shit too.

DS3 is flawed at its core simply because it's too linear. There is little room for deviation of sequence breaking, each play through is going to progress more or less the same whereas in DS1 and 2 you can change things up considerably.

>But those good things can't overshadow inherent flaws of the game.
They can and they do. DS2 is a game I will return to and play many times, DS3 is not.
>>
>>376147575
shitter confirmed

and I never even said anything about armor faggot
>>
>>376146363
Did you actually like the life ticking down mechanic? It really fucking annoyed me, took me out of the more fun aspects of 2
>>
>>376151819
Not him, but I hated it during my first couple plays while on the last few I was rarely hollow for long. Frequent co-op helps a lot, throw a summon sign down and beat a boss and you'll be human again without having to use an effigy.
>>
>>376149047
good post
>>
>>376138537
What I hate the most about DaS3 is that they pretty much gave up on the "Japanese DnD" feel the first games had. Everything has to be ultra anime now, like being able to roll nonstop without barfing. I did enjoy the Ringed City though, it's the closest the game feels to the first games even with the Ringed Knights.
>>
>>376142135
Inconceivably shit taste
>>
>>376151440
sotfs didnt fix shit lol, made it worse if anything
>>
File: 1459158275265.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459158275265.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>use heavy weapons
>have to time my attacks and wait for openings on bosses
>switch things up and equip a straight sword and mash R1
>everything dies automatically now
High quality game design.
>>
>>376150586
I won't fully defend adaptability because the execution is so sloppy but there was nothing wrong with tying iframes to a stat. If the hitboxes had properly aligned with your model for the entire roll and the animations reflected your increase in agility slightly then you could probably look past it more easily since it would just be another RPG element. I still liked the breakpoints in DaS1 more though and the WGR, light, mid and heavy distinction was better than the split between light and heavy in DaS3, especially since there is no reason to go for anything other than <70% due to bad weight/defense ratios on armor.

>Constant multi encounters
This is in DaS3 as well and in most cases I thought it was done pretty alright in DaS2. DaS3 has some really bad examples in the ringed city that are far worse than anything I can think of that was in DaS2 aside from that one blind drop into the bell summoning room and the run to Velstadt should you not kill the bell hollow.

>DS3 doesn't have stuff that makes you say "This is fucking bullshit" all the time.
On my first playthrough I fell through the world 2 times. Crabs are another decent contender for bullshit, given that they bury themselves and regenerate to full HP if you so much as touch the dry land. There is a lot of fucking bullshit in DaS3. I could give you a list and a lot of them are critical to enjoyment or at least autistic enjoyment.
And while there are a lot of flaws that can't be fully overshadowed in DaS2 the general OKness of DaS3 definitely fails to overshadow the lack of those features for me.

>>376151173
>Lothric Knight
Would be a lot better if they didn't have 0 poise. There backstab punish is great but if you just eat it to the face with hyperarmor then you just stagger them until just before your stamina runs out. In general the theme of waiting for an opening and then hitting an enemy until you're down to your last sliver of stamina gets old.
>Before polishing could be done
Definitely.
>>
>>376142135
>Archdragon Peak that high
I swear this whole area was made by the B team shitters. The only redeeming thing about it is Nameless King.
>>
>>376138537
I just play for the environments and character dialogue and to see what the bosses look like. Plenty good enough for me.
>>
>>376152363
i'm not sure the alternative was much better, but at least more of the weapon types were worth using in pve for ds1. zweihander made the game ez mode though, you could stunlock gwyn with it
>>
>>376150586

>Mad Ghru
>Thralls and their constant backstepping
>Jailers
>Carthus gravewardens
>UGS Cathedral Knights
>spear Lothric Knights
>Corvian Knights

Shall I continue!
>>
>>
>>376152360
No, it didn't.

Even the very first gank-squads you encounter in Forest of Fallen Giants are noticeably toned down and more fair. You're no longer swarmed by 3-4+ hollows upon approaching that first bonfire, they have reduced aggro range and the big fat oblivious agre replaces a couple of them (great for early game soul and shard farming) and the second area up the ladder that used to have a good ten of them just walking around now has them on the ground and they only trigger when the player approaches.
>>
>>376142135
>Irithyll
>good
FUCK OFF
>>
>>376152507
>Fucking double dagger serpents
>Introductory Dragon fight with a bell you can't ring and a tail you can't chop off so you go along a linear path until you can drop down on it to instakill it
>Could have gotten to the area under Nameless King if your character wasn't such a huge pussy about stepping over a railing earlier in the level
>Dragon lands on path and the camera goes completely batshit when you try to fight it properly
>Procession of enemies that walk towards you in a scripted fashion but the idiot brigade pulls a three stooges on the doors sometimes
>Fight Havel that staggers in one hit from basically anything in a large open area which is possibly the most mind numbing NPC fight in the game
>Locking on to the boss in the first phase is incredibly prohibitive
>>
>>376148570
Let me break it down since I've grown to hate this fanbase too.

1. bloated sense of importance- there are people in this fanbase that will ironically argue that DS is objectively the best game ever. Not subjectively. Because of this, the character of the fanbase comes off as snobbish

2. Everyone has their princess- Everyone has their one entry in the series that was either their first one or favorite. They defend this to the death. They will use whatever mental fallacy they need to feel like their right. To them all that matters is that X > X. Thats why most of these threads on /v/ have the infamous ranking habit of spending an entire thread going X > X > X >>>dog shit> X. This makes the fanbase look segmented and ragey.

3. The e-celebs surrounding souls are cancerous. ENB (my prayers are with him), Vaati, and Afro attract just the worst of the worst. You get cuckposters with a hatred for women, Lore fags mad at Vaati, and trap-fags going on about Afro's absolutely cancerous shit. finally mix all that in with /v/ and you'll have some of the worst threads on the board. It's mainstream enough to attract shitposters. It's niche enough to appeal to /v/core. It's e-celebs are meme enough to keep the threads off topic and enough games have been released that now everyone has a gamefu and get their feelings hurt when someone elde calls her shit. This makes the fanbase look intolerable.
>>
>>376153415
It's the same faggot spamming bait threads.
>>
>>376152783
>agre
ogre
>>
>>376138537
PVE in this one feels a lot more bloodborne PVE and the lack of poise and how it was replaced with hyper armor DS3 as really straight away from the original formula over all has disappointed me a lot
>>
>>376148731
It takes the entire game to build that. Before you reach that point you're just a slightly shitty melee build with some tricks.
>>
File: 1493928541547.png (86KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493928541547.png
86KB, 320x320px
There's a ton of good build variety for PvE though, I wouldn't say it's the best but it's damn good. I think the game is more rewarding for min-max fags. PvE and invading especially are great with the right set-ups, quick thinking and timing

>tfw getting summoned for Pontiff and using Gael's repeating crossbow to fuck him up
>tfw invading in the catacombs, cutting the bridge, using chameleon to disguise yourself, and watching phantoms get fucked up by all those skeletons
>>
File: 1493911572755.jpg (16KB, 326x236px) Image search: [Google]
1493911572755.jpg
16KB, 326x236px
oi, i have dark souls 1 and the only time ive played it it seemed dumb. i fought a big thing and then was transported to a different area and i was generally unsure of what to do

should i give it another try?
>>
>>376153946
Yeah you should.
It's kind of old at this point but it holds up pretty well.
>>
>>376153415

Don't forget the e-celebs that push the Souls series as a fighting game a treat it as such, thinking the PvP is the greatest fighting game in history by mashing R1 with a longsword with lag.

When I found out there are "tournaments" for fucking Dark Souls 3, I damn near exploded in a fit of rage. The fanbase is just the fucking worst thing to happen to these games.
>>
>>376151343
maybe not but they made it a whole lot worse going from ds1 to the sequels
>>
>>376154145
pvp fanatics sit at /vg/ dark souls general, luckily. People here are rarely obsessed over it. E-celebs are barely mentioned anymore.
>>
I swear every Souls threads are becoming closer and closer to the same shit
>too linear!
>n-no poise!
>spammy combat!!!
>enemy is too aggressive!!!
>to-too anime! the animation is too good

And now we go back and worship DaS2.

I'm glad I don't share the /v/'s hivemind.
>>
>>376152765
don't be so quick to forget how much end investment was necessary to stunlock with the zwei for more than 2 swings
>>
>>376154145
So you are mad because people are making tournaments?

Why?
>>
>>376154303
>/v/ is one person

Every day. I swear.
>>
>>376154303
which youtuber said those things?
/v/ likes to parrot matthewmatosis critiques on DaS2 so i just assume they got their opinions on DaS3 from someone
>>
>>376154303
>And now we go back and worship DaS2.
nigga you should be hoping you shared the hivemind cause you're straight retarded on your own
>>
>>376154479
/v/ is closer to one person when every DaS3 threads are about that.

The threads are converging.
>>376154492
There is one DaS2fag who constantly spouts that crap.

Youtuber does not hate DaS3.
>>
>>376154554
Oh, so I should go and worship DaS2? The objectively broken mess of a game?
>>
>>376154303
Yeah, it's pretty fucking annoying.
I remember the comfy demon's souls threads we used to have.
And now it's gone, forever, only to be replaced with "GIT GUD" and "THIS GAME IS EASY" shitposting.

There are definitely ways to punish people for R1 spam though, it's kind of hilarious how effective fire bombs, force, Avelyn & enchanted weapons are.
You can easily use black firebombs to stagger faggots in full havels in dark souls 3. It's not for very long, but it's enough time to try and get away and set up an ambush or something.
>>
>>376138537
2 was way worse in terms of PVE.
>>
>>376154752
lol oh my god man I've never seen someone double down on being retarded as hard as you just did
>>
>>376154759
People here don't play PVP.

They are just gonna play PVE and complain about muh R1 all days like they are some sort of gaming genius.
>>
>>376154897
Please explain?

Because right in this thread, you have fags saying DaS2 being better than DaS3.
>>
>>376144123
You can either git gud at dodging her spin attacks and just stick to her going for the full damage or you can try to use the pillars to cheese a win. The latter is actually more difficult because as the fight drags on you are more likely to make mistakes and get one shot, but it does work without you learning her movesets.
>>
>>376152363
Get better with the game, maybe?

Because heavy weapons are better risk and reward, you kill enemies faster with heavy weapons instead of rolling around all days.
>>
>>376139087
Because /v/ is full of pc fags that wasted 500 hours of their lives on ds2 and to a lesser extent 1, and sonyfags that wasted 500 on bloodborne. They dont want to get invested in another souls game so soon, so they beat the game once early on, called it shit before patches and dlc made the game great and now have stuck with that narrative. You can tell this is true because of all the complaints about poise and shit when its been fixed, not to mention BB doesnt even have poise, but I guess since ds3 needs to have it.
>>
>>376155482
Demon's Souls doesn't have poise either.
>>
>>376155010
>Conceding that the game has major faults while arguing that it isn't necessarily the worst in the series is now worship
DaS2 is definitely still below the games without numbers in their name but 3 is uninspired and low effort even if it isn't immediately repulsive on the surface.

>>376155206
Not really. The damage you can do isn't significantly in favor of the slow weapons and the webm demonstrates the free ripostes you often get for attacking with fast weapons.
>>
>>376155482
This.
>>
>>376155614
But these aren't major faults at all? Some aren't even faults?

>Not really. The damage you can do isn't significantly in favor of the slow weapons and the webm demonstrates the free ripostes you often get for attacking with fast weapons.
The damage significantly favors slow weapons, there's a reason why they are popular in PVP where there are billions of health enemies.
>>
God you people are fucking stupid. Just enjoy the game.
>>
>>376155929
The DaS2fags are basically trolling at this point.

They don't want you to enjoy DaS3.
>>
>>376142135
Whoever made this should be gassed, Irithyll is atrocious. The entire game has gangbang sections and traps with no hints, but Irithyll is by far the worst. It goes without saying, but Jailers are the most retarded enemy design in the entire series. There's no precursor to the max health reduction, and the max equip load reduction is nonsensical. They, and much of the rest of the game, were designed to be infuriating because "xD git gud"

Becoming mainstream and appealing to the people who liked it because of the difficulty (if you have pride in playing a game because it's difficult, kill yourself) was the worst thing to happen to the series. Look at all the kickstarter copycats there are. It's a shame, because I think 3 has the best atmosphere and tone, but literally everything else is worse. Bosses, world and level design, combat, convoluted questlines. It's just generally not fun to play.
>>
>>376156045
>DaS3
>the game with the best bosses, enemy and gameplay mechanics
>not fun to play
Just stop playing it.
>>
File: 1486853318148.jpg (125KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1486853318148.jpg
125KB, 600x600px
>>376144123
>summon a phantom at high wall that has endgame gear equipped
>take them to dancer
>double hand a shield and just walk back and forth and let them 1v1 it
Worst case scenario is they die immediately and you get a giggle
>>
>>376142135
Kiln isn't even a level.

Also untended graves is shit. It literally has no skybox and it's kinda jarring because you're playing a AAA game.
>>
>>376155482
People never seem to complain about BB's R1 spam, only DaS3's R1 spam.

That's when I get it.

That's when I get hating DaS3 is a meme.
>>
dark souls 2 and 3 are both mediocre but at least 3 had fun bosses
2 is so goddamn boring to play through
>>
>>376144104
>DS2 everything was terrible

Faggots like you need to go to a different series. If it wasn't stated that it was done by B-team no one would complain as much as they do.
>>
>>376156414
Wait, Dark Souls is AAA now?
>>
>>376138537
only thing I hate that is this games runs bad on pc, stutters when entering a new area and random fps drops on high end systems.
>>
>>376156464
>People never seem to complain about BB's R1 spam, only DaS3's R1 spam.

One of these things is not like the other.
>>
>>376156470
3 is better than 1, gameplay-wise.
>>376156474
DaS2 is a bad game, animation-wise.
>>
>>376156590
Please explain how dodge rolling and R1 slash is different in both games.
>>
File: maximum faggotry.png (722KB, 624x704px) Image search: [Google]
maximum faggotry.png
722KB, 624x704px
>>376144123
Yeah, I've done it.
Just got through the DLC too.

Having to kill the Dancer and the dragonslayer armor at such low level is a huge fucking pain in the ass, but it's worth it for all the good shit you can get at lothric castle.
When I get bored of invading, I help people kill Pontiff, Dancer, and sometimes Dragonslayer armor.
>>
>>376154752
Why can't you people talk to one another without being condescending, passive-aggressive little shits?
>>
>>376156731
Bloodborne is deliberately designed more like an action game to reward overwhelming the opponent, and the other comes from a line of slow and methodical games with heavy turn-based influence in decision making.
>>
>>376156824
Why can't you?

This thread is meant to shit on DaS3 while sucking off DaS2.

And no, I'm not passive aggressive, I'm straight out aggressive.
>>
>>376145418
Human/phantom enemies were fucking bullshit though. They literally read your button inputs and could cancel /start attacks instantly.
>>
>>376156913
Dark Souls come from Demon's Souls, and that game is definitely about fast-paced overwhelming your enemy.

The fact Dark Souls 3 returns to its root doesn't mean it's bad.

>with heavy turn-based influence in decision making.
What does this even mean?
>>
File: 1492838868230.jpg (69KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1492838868230.jpg
69KB, 640x628px
>>376157041
>That phantom in dark souls 2 that fucking duel wields avelyns
>>
>>376156632
3 might be slightly better but 1 has enemies and bosses designed for its combat
>>
>>376157129
You mean slow enemies designed for slow combat.
>>
>>376156913
See? So it's not different, but BB is somehow excused because it's lol le acshun game while Dark Souls must be molass.

Fuck off.
>>
>>376157041
Fucking this.
In the archives before twin princes, there's that mage in that trio of enemies.
9/10 times he will parry you then follow up with a soul spear. It's bullshit.
>>
>>376157042
>What does this even mean?

It meant getting greedy = death.

Bosses didn't always stun and always got their turn to attack.You had very short windows to deal damage that you had to actually plan out from studying your opponent's openings.
>>
when should i do the DS3 DLCs?
>>
>>376157305
I just explained why it is.
>>
>>376157458
But Dark Souls 1 is easier than Dark souls 3 and you can get greedy with R1 and would not die?

>You had very short windows to deal damage that you had to actually plan out from studying your opponent's openings.
What the fuck? Just attack them from behind, stupid. The bosses are stupidly slow in DaS1 with the exceptions of capra demon, O&S, Artorias and Manus.
>>
>>376138537
That's not the game where all magic and nearly every weapon was nerfed into the ground because of MUH PVP so that theyre all even more unsatsfying than they already were
>>376138736
>build variety
I too like choosing what one-handed sword I get to use with ROBFLYNN
>>
>>376156187
>Best bosses
The number of bosses is quite low though (Not even a case of quality over quantity either) and a lot of the bosses are derivative and mostly either bring no good gimmicks to the table which makes their fight very basic or have gimmicks that overpower everything else to the point of being a non-fight. A game with 4 dragon bosses, references to cutting the tails off of dragons and no tails to be cut can't really be said to have good bosses anyway.

>Best enemies
They're often pretty poorly designed to work around poise not existing for them and there are far too many areas that just reuse most of their enemies so you're fighting hollow slaves with different elemental weapons throughout the entire game for instance.

>Best gameplay mechanics
Not in a game this shallow.
>>
>>376157630
And that's a stupid excuse considering Dark Souls 1 is easier than either DeS or DaS3.
>>
>>376157041
Objectively broken, shit invaders:
>Scythe-wielding Forlorn
>Fencer Sharron
>Gutter Denizen
>Peculiar Kindalur

Just KYS, you useless bitch tier:
>Merciless Roenna
>Hexer Nicholai
>Melinda the Butcher
>Armorer Dennis
>Oliver the Collector
>Holy Knight Aurheim
>Quicksword Rachel
>Rockshield Baldyr
>Greatsword-wielding Forlorn
>Bell Keeper
>Vorgel the Sinner
>Rhoy the Explorer
>Nameless Usurper
>Dragonfang Villard
>Aslatiel of Mirrah
>Woodland shitters

Both broken and useless tier:
>Navlaan

Okay tier but annoying tier:
>Bowman Guthry
>Prowlers

Free pass tier:
>Maldron

Actually good tier:
>Jester Thomas
>>
>>376157703
Dude, the number of good bosses in DaS1 can be counted in one hand.

>They're often pretty poorly designed to work around poise not existing for them and there are far too many areas that just reuse most of their enemies so you're fighting hollow slaves with different elemental weapons throughout the entire game for instance.
Because the devs realize humanoid enemies are far more interesting to fight than slow monsters.

>Not in a game this shallow.
If DaS3 is shallow then DaS1 is a puddle.
>>
>>376157632
>What the fuck? Just attack them from behind, stupid.

Oh, how I enjoy speaking to an assblasted gradeschooler about my mild criticisms.

Surely I have nothing better to do
>>
>>376140173
>caring this much about poise that its a main reason why the game sucks
>"muh shit build variety even though its the same as all the other games"
>says it has broken defense yet doesn't state why it has broken defense

Queer observations alone you are worse than Hitler.
>>
>>376157863
Your criticism don't even make fucking sense, son.

So apparently, a slower game with easier bosses are somehow better than a faster game with harder, more aggressive enemies.
>>
File: 1483597869118.jpg (76KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1483597869118.jpg
76KB, 900x675px
>>376157126
This one and that piece of shit who gaurds the chariot boss never fail to piss me off.
>>
>>376157981
On the contrary, it's your reading comprehension that doesn't make sense.
>>
>>376149047
>I think that the biggest problem with DS3 is the combat. 2's combat was like playing at 24 fps with shit sound design but slower combat is more in keeping with DS. The enemies here move almost twice as fast as anything in DS1 or even DeS. Even the plodding Cathedral Knight fucking sprint at you and have 5 hit combos which is just unheard outside of like one or two enemy types in previous games. This is coupled with no poise and a hyperarmor system that is nowhere as good as BB. So sometimes you get COMBO'ed by certain attacks instead of getting PANCAKE'D like in DS1. So, it feels more like its game where two hit combos are guaranteed before you can panic roll.

>It's like they took the DS1 Chosen Undead, vastly decreased the stamina costs of everything and threw him into the ring with BB's enemies.

this is exactly how I feel. Thank you so much anon. Fuck dark souls 3 combat and non-existent poise.
>>
>>376158175
Please explain how my reading comprehension doesn't make sense.
>>
>>376157476
Personally I'd do both after killing Soul of Cinder, just don't link the bonfire.
>>
>>376158224
DaS3's hyper armor is better than BB btw.

It's actually been buffed by patching.
>>
>>376157705
No it's just you.
>>
>>376158372
No, it's definitely not just me.

DaS1 is one of the easiest games in the series.
>>
>>376158371
oh my god, kill yourself. I'm not defending dark souls 3's hyper armor let alone Bloodborne's hyper armor. HYPER ARMOR IS FUCKING STUPID. IT IS NOT REAL POISE AND NEVER WILL BE. REAL POISE IS ME IN HEAVY FUCKING ARMOR TANKING HITS AND POUNDING YOUR SHIT INTO GROUND KILLING YOU. FUCK YOU.
>>
>>376158529
Kill yourself first.

Poise is not necessary in Souls game.

Demon's Souls doesn't have poise.
Bloodborne doesn't have poise.
DaS3 doesn't have poise.

Git gud
>>
>>376157705
What stupid excuse?
>>
>>376158641
Dark Souls's slow combat does not excuse poise or the fact you can easily R1 spam in that game.
>>
File: 1462055601390.png (107KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1462055601390.png
107KB, 320x287px
>>376158623
Boy am I glad the series is dead. So people like you can't influence the mechanics any further.
>>
>>376158824
People like me? Who prefer superior, faster games like DeS and BB?
>>
>>376158623
keep making excuses for the devs of dark souls 3 getting rid of a mechanic that dark souls 1 and 2 had. Demon's Souls didn't have poise because they didn't know what the fuck were doing with that game. I mean hell they considered pyromancy a form of sorcery...just no. Bloodborne is a completely different type of game and shouldn't be considered a "souls" game. It is the cancer that killed poise having REAL poise in dark souls 3. Dark Souls 3 is a bastard son as a result of Bloodborne and Demon's Souls raping Dark Souls dark souls 1 & 3 and you should be ashamed of supporting bloodborne and dark souls 3. Fuck you.
>>
>>376158793
Except you literally can't for a majority of the game. In Dark Souls 2 you can't spam at all or you just flat out die, and I enjoy that suspense more. Midir is probably the only good example of this in DaS3.
>>
>>376158985
Dark Souls 3 is a bastard child as a result of Bloodborne and Demon's Souls raping Dark Souls 1 & 2*

I blame the typos on your stupidity making me so fucking angry.
>>
>>376147762
webm isn't detailed enough, majority of iframe gains are from 85-92 agility. 110 is not necessary for rolling through those attacks.
>>
>>376158985
>keep making excuses for the devs of dark souls 3 getting rid of a mechanic that dark souls 1 and 2 had.
That mechanic is not necessary in Souls game.
>Demon's Souls didn't have poise because they didn't know what the fuck were doing with that game.
What the fuck? Is that why DeS play better than DaS1 and DaS2?
> Bloodborne is a completely different type of game and shouldn't be considered a "souls" game.
But it is a soul game, the way it is played, it's pretty much Demon's Souls on crack.

> It is the cancer that killed poise having REAL poise in dark souls 3. Dark Souls 3 is a bastard son as a result of Bloodborne and Demon's Souls raping Dark Souls dark souls 1 & 3 and you should be ashamed of supporting bloodborne and dark souls 3. Fuck you.
Yes, how dare I support BB and DaS3 when we have real "gems" like DaS1 and DaS2.
>>
>>376145418
>it's too hard baaaw
DS2 apologists every time
>>376158985
Poise is a garbage mechanic and the super armor system of every other game in the series is superior. Kill yourself dexfag.
>>
>>376158968
>faster = better

Oh so you're that faggot again. Probably also the same one who makes 90% of these threads.
>>
>>376159174
it gets the point across though enough to make anti-adp people shut up though. With no leveling of adp or attunement you are sack of shit and with a decent amount of adp you're starting to become a finely tuned Bearer of the Curse.
>>
>>376158623
Some great hammers and dlc weapons in dark souls 3 do have poise though.
>>
>>376157862
If you're being very generous then there aren't that many more good bosses in DaS3. There's like 8 in the base game that are any good and the DLC only introduces 2 arguably good ones as opposed to AotA which introduces 4 solid bosses.

>Because the devs realize humanoid enemies are far more interesting to fight than slow monsters.
This really has nothing to do with my point. The enemies can be humanoid and not frequently reused and even the humanoid enemies like Lothric knights lack poise and suffer for it.

>Puddle
DaS1 isn't really a puddle. There's more to it than DaS3.

>>376159040
Midir is such a pile of shit.
The patterns are easy to learn and dodge so the only challenge comes from grinding through his health bar and not making too many mistakes while doing it because you most of his attacks take off one Estus flask's worth of charge.
>>
>>376159040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0CO14VdU6E

Sure.
>>
>>376159296
He is a dexfag whining that he can't mash R1 with his buffed falchion and poise through everything
>>
>>376158793
There are ways to punish R1 spam in every game, but especially in 3.
Especially with halberds, bows, axes, or side-step weapon skills
>>
File: CLANG.jpg (223KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
CLANG.jpg
223KB, 600x800px
>>376159241
holy shit you are so fucking retarded. I'm defending the real poise system from Dark Souls 1 & 2 and you call me a "dexfag". I'm the guy who will wear full havel's and facetank Nito and all of his skeletons, then chug estus three times and then laugh as smash Nito in the face a few more times until he's dead. I am far from a dexfag.
>>
>>376159296
there you go again, another delusional hyper armor sympathizer. I'll say it again, there is no poise in dark souls 3. I'll use greathammers in das3 when i finally get to play it but it will never be the same as it is in das1 and das2.
>>
>>376159415
That's no even PvE

why are you such a fucking retard
>>
>>376159245
Except, I don't make 90% of the threads whining about poise.
>>376159412
>If you're being very generous then there aren't that many more good bosses in DaS3. There's like 8 in the base game that are any good and the DLC only introduces 2 arguably good ones as opposed to AotA which introduces 4 solid bosses.
Which are the 4 solid bosses in AoTA again? The only good ones are Artorias and Manus.
>This really has nothing to do with my point. The enemies can be humanoid and not frequently reused and even the humanoid enemies like Lothric knights lack poise and suffer for it.
Yes, which is why you get your ass kicked by them way more than anything in DaS1.
>DaS1 isn't really a puddle. There's more to it than DaS3.
Explain, what's more of it? The only thing DaS1 does better than DaS3 is the world design, even the level design is simpler in DaS1.
>>
>>376159652
So only PVE count now?
>>
File: w123468.jpg (14KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
w123468.jpg
14KB, 210x240px
>>376159662
>Except, I don't make 90% of the threads whining about poise.

>He actually thought this was a proper comeback
>>
>>376159508
>I'm defending the real poise system from Dark Souls 1 & 2
Yes, you're defending a system that rewards dex builds
Why do you think the only games where STR builds are in the meta are the games with super armor instead of poise?
>I'm the guy who will wear full havel's and facetank Nito and all of his skeletons, then chug estus three times and then laugh as smash Nito in the face a few more times until he's dead. I am far from a dexfag.
So a casual whining that he can't become invincible
>>
>>376159508
>>376159632
Just stick to DaS1 and DaS2 then.

Nobody is going to miss that play style.
>>
File: Berserk-Mozgus-Heretic.jpg (141KB, 715x590px) Image search: [Google]
Berserk-Mozgus-Heretic.jpg
141KB, 715x590px
>>376159415
that is the most cancerous blue sentinel i've ever seen. He does not deserve to be a blue sentinel let alone a rank 3 blue sentinel.
>>
>>376159632
Poise affects hyper armor after an update recently
>it will never be the same as it is in das1
Oh no, you have to be good at the game, how horrifying.
>>
>>376159774
As opposed to?
>>
File: 1493931483123.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1493931483123.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>376159858
>DaS1 and DaS2 have the same playstyle

DaS3fags everyone.
>>
>>376138537

You've got that backwards.

Best PvE and worst PvP.
>>
File: 1492086014802.png (6KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1492086014802.png
6KB, 253x199px
>>376159632
>I'll continue to make claims about a game I haven't played
Is it summer already?
>>
>>376159858
>says that when there are so many cool heavy armor sets in dark souls 3 that would be great if they had the poise system from das1 or das2
>>
>>376159986
DaS2 is a bit faster than DaS1, but they indeed play similar due to way poise works.
>>
File: 1493248971921.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1493248971921.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>376159508
>Full havel's
So what you're saying is you're a shitter.
Got it.
>>
>>376160075
>because everyone can run the bloated piece of shit that is dark souls 3
The game is horribly biased towards people with expensive ass laptops and desktop computers while dark souls 2 can run really on even a poorfag tier laptop .

dark souls 3 is more bloated than aldrich
>>
>>376160083
Hyper armor is a thing, you know?

YOU JUST AREN'T INVINCIBLE.
>>
>>376160083
It does have the poise system from DS2
>>
File: 1493708235241.jpg (23KB, 480x363px) Image search: [Google]
1493708235241.jpg
23KB, 480x363px
>>376160253
the level of retardation here is immense.
>>
>>376159986

I know it's off topic but I never see threads but I finally played ME: Andromeda and while it wasn't perfect it ended up being a lot of fun. Decent ending. Jaal was great. Liked the Angara. /blogpost
>>
I wish BB was longer or had some more content to it. Yeah it's fucking great at PvE and all, but when you beat it for the 3rd time in a few hours it's so boring. This is the best from can do.
>>
>>376160083
Heavy armor is literal garbage in DS2 post nerff
>>
>>376160157
Then you don't fucking know how poise works in DaS2, or both.
>>
I'm having more fun with Nioh atm
The combat shits all over DS3
>>
>great bosses
>best OST of the series
>loads of fun weapons, everything is viable

What's the problem?
>>
Bloodborne = DS1 = DeS > DS2 > DS3
>>
>>376160319
Read the patch notes retard.
>>
>>376160083
>Finally get the dragonslayer armor from the ringed city dlc
>still get stunlocked by basic enemies
God damn it. It's good for bosses though.
>>
>>376160450
You and I share the same opnion of the order of those games in terms of how good they are
>>
>>376160157
>but they indeed play similar due to way poise works.

Yeah okay, I'd like to see you just stand there and tank hits from Fume in any armor of your choosing and not get stunlocked after poising exactly one hit.

>>376160460
Why don't you fucking learn how poise works in each game before claiming it's the same in (apparently) all 3 games?
>>
>>376160412
Some of the boss fights in 3 have monster hunter tier bullshit hitboxes.
Other than that it's great.
There's also tons of new ways to fuck with people when invading, even in 3v1 situations. I'm still kind of assravaged that you can't get the hornet ring until end game, or have to kill 3 really hard bossfights at a low level if you want it early game.
>>
>>376160450

Nah. Bloodborne was better than DS1. It was FROM's Magnum Opus.

Their games from the beginning were focused on action RPG. They did it right in Bloodborne.

Dark Souls 3 suffered from trying to fuse Bloodborne with the older Demon's Souls style combat.

More like Bloodborne. Then on another scale that I don't want to even try to scale. They're just so much different in their own ways and their fuck ups.
>>
>>376160718
I know how it works. In DS1 it's always active and lets you walk through attacks if you're a shotter. In DS2 it provides super armor during attack animations. In DS3 it enhances super armor during attack animations for heavier weapons.
>>
>>376159508
Poise was cancer.
>>
>>376148027
this. every scream of this game is absurdly loud and long, what the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>376161150
>DaS1 poise
>static stat, active constantly. Player will never stun if weapon fails to deal greater poise damage than character's poise value

>DaS2 poise
>Stat is no longer static and must recharge when depleted, active if player stays moving.
>If stat is not allowed to recharge, player will continue to stun from all further damage.

>DaS3 poise
>Inactive at all times unless player takes damage when attacking. Armor poise is multiplied based on the weapon's weight and the priority of the attack animation.

If you know how it works, why am I still forced to correct you?
>>
>>376162094
Except both of the first two are wrong.
>>
>>376160841
>hey guise bloodborne magnum opus kino muh art best game evar
every time
>>
>>376158030
tfw started a new playthrough a few days ago trying out UGS cause i've never done it in ds2 i get to that dude in front of the chariot boss and he fucking seems to have unlimited stamina and godly poise i ended up learning how to cheese him by using the r1 attack of greatsword and take 0 damage by resetting him afterwards, was nice when i popped a bonfire acestic to get the chloranthy ring +2
>>
>>376162401
Prove it.
>>
>>376138537
Couldn't decide if it wanted to be dark souls 3 or bloodborne 2, and it shows
>>
>>376159412
>Midir is bad because he's like every good boss in every Souls game
>>
>>376162539
Test it yourself. Stand there letting enemies hit you with max poise in DS1 and eventually you will be staggered. Poise in DS1 functions like bleed with an invisible meter, it fills as you're hit and when it's full you stagger.
Poise in DS2 is strictly active only when attacking.
Poise in DS3 works the way you said after an update.
DS1 heavily favors dex builds since they're the fastest way to deal poise damage and fastest way to deal regular damage in general, and benefit the most from buffs.
DS2 heavily favors faster weapons but not nearly as much as DS1. However, since the stone ring exists slow weapons are worthless.
DS3 favors strength weapons the most.
>>
File: clank.webm (1MB, 420x580px) Image search: [Google]
clank.webm
1MB, 420x580px
>>
>>376144039
>Magic should be totally avoided if you plan on doing PvP at all.
If you tag teaming with a friend or sticking with gank squads its fine.
>>
>>376164192
>Poise in DS1 functions like bleed with an invisible meter, it fills as you're hit and when it's full you stagger.

Good to know.

>Poise in DS2 is strictly active only when attacking.

It does not only work when attacking. Moving at all activates it.

>Poise in DS3 works the way you said after an update.

These should all be with updates taken into account. That should be immediately apparent.
>>
>>376166358
>It does not only work when attacking. Moving at all activates it.
I don't think that's the case, they updated it to only be effective while moving. I might be wrong though, I do remember DS2 poise being changed at some point.
>>
>think up a build idea in dark souls 3
>start a new character up
>play up until killing abyss watchers
>lose all motivation to play
>>
>>376142135
I just bought this game a week ago and I'm in Undead Settlement.
This is my favorite area. It's gorgeous and I want to live there.
>>
>>376166471
>>376166358
You're both wrong, poise functions as DS1 poise while attacking, but when you're just moving, taking hits will slow you down but not stagger you if you poise through them.
>>
File: 1494097532395.png (26KB, 962x712px) Image search: [Google]
1494097532395.png
26KB, 962x712px
meh/10
game tread no new ground and I don't feel like it really has an identity of its own
>>
>>376167712
agree with this but would put cathedral of the deep between okay and incredible
Thread posts: 354
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.