[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on this game? Give pros and cons and a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 3

File: Dying_light_title_image.jpg (168KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
Dying_light_title_image.jpg
168KB, 800x500px
What are your thoughts on this game?
Give pros and cons and a review score out of 10.
>>
It's Dead Island, but better in every way.
>>
Feels good to play.

Story sucks major balls.

5/5
>>
>>376135815
Amazing gameplay.
Shit story.
Shit last boss.
The Following is probably the only real expansion pack I've played in about 10 years, and the last boss in it is great.
>>
>>376135815
pro: parkour and drop kicking zombies, combat and the perks
cons: the story sucks (the dlc is slightly nicer)
>>
>>376135815
The Citizen Kane of zombie games.
>>
>>376136065
fuck off with this meme
>>
>>376135815
The best zombie game ever made.
Great gameplay although some larger enemies are glitchy
Great graphics
Great music, atmosphere and aesthetics in general
Good voice acting for the most part
Great DLC
Mediocre at best story that ends very badly.
Pretty poor mission design although the characters and writing can be pretty funny
Play it for the brain splattering and ignore the story
>>
+great world and atmosphere
+really fun coop

-SHITTY story
>>
The combat is garbage. Its nothing but repetitively bashing damage sponge zombies on the head and repairing your weapon every ten hits.
>>
>>376136268
Did you expect to beat the zombies in chess? or perhaps water polo?
>>
8.5/10

Hard game to put down once you've started playing. Early game atmosphere is something I've never seen accomplished by any other zombie game. Later on though you become a god from skills and stronger weapons.

Story is pretty meh

Expansion is really solid

Overall probably one of my favorite games in the last decade, and my favorite zombie game of all time
>>
>>376135815
Figthing zombies is fun
the parkour is good
the story is shit
the final boss is shit
large enemies are glitchy
I don't like the boomers
the highest difficulty earlygame is horrible
lockpicking is shit but it can be removed with a mod
the game is really cool at night in the mid-game
the following is great
the co-op challenges are neat
>>
>>376136268
>damage sponge zombies
Aside from Volatiles, everything dies in 1-2 hits.
>>
>>376136268
Well what else can you do to kill them? The combat is on and fun the weapons feel like they have weight and impact when you smack a zombie in the head with a baseball bat.
>>
>>376137318
forgot about these:
I hate fighting human enemies in this game, you can shank their face and they dont give a fuck
Crane is generic
the april fools event (2016, don't know if there was one this year) was fun
heavy weapons actually feel heavy
>>
>>376136268
you can also shove zombies into traps
or burn them with molotovs
or shoot them
or use throwing items
or kill them with traps
did you play the game?
>>
>>376137783
shove them into spikes*
>>
Great gameplay, played it through with my best friend and had a blast.
Story is quite shit.
First nights were spooky.
Good open world.
Cool easter eggs

6.5/10
Havent played the DLC/Follow up/Expansion/Whatver the fuck it is
>>
Gameplay wise, it's really fun. Parkour, movement, combat are all top notch. I think they should have dropped the entire crafting gimmick though. It's pretty shallow and uninteresting and kills the flow of the game where you're constantly collecting shit to repair your shot weapons or give them a shot upgrade. The game would have benefited a lot more by just taking a Dead Rising 1 approach where you can just pick anything the fuck up and just use it without feeling like you need to invest in it. Throw in a couple of specialty items here and there that can be scavenged and the flow of the game and weapon combat would have been a lot of better than digging through cash registers and refrigerators so you can give your pipe a +2 in attack.

The pacing and story however is absolutely dreadful. New enemy types take forever to be introduced, and even when they are introduced, they're still a rarity in the world. You start of the game fearing the regular mobs, but an hour into it, you're drop kicking mother fuckers left and right and rarely do you feel challenged. Then there's the fucking story. A ridiculous plot, characters you don't give a fuck about and a boring whining protagonist. For a secret agent, the guy sure as fuck can't keep focused on the mission.

The game has some definite flaws, but it's one of the better attempts at the zombie open world genre.

DR1 is still king baby.
>>
Everything is good except shitty story and cringeworthy characters.
>>
>>376136268
That's only early game, it's likely you gave up before you could level up very much. You're not really supposed to fight them at that stage anyway, at least not conventionally -- early game should be shoving them off ledges or into spikes or using your bombs or avoiding them entirely.
>>
I was surprised how fluid parkour is, had lots of fun running around. Night time is very spoopy and will get your heart racing. Overall great game

The only thing I hated is chromatic aberration. It is enabled by default and is the pain in the ass to remove. But once you do the game looks great.
>>
Minor complaint but I wish the regular mobs had a little more variety in their cosmetics

Everyone is bald and wears the same 3 outfits
>>
Any good battles with the Night Hunter?
>>
Early game is fun. Exploring the city and avoiding huge hordes and loud noises was interesting, night time was genuinely spooky too.
Late game is boring as fuck. All the abilities and weapons you can get are so OP they let you fight hordes of the night zombies with relative ease. Probably the only reason I finished it was because my friend still enjoyed it.
>>
>>376135815

Melee combat dumbed down compared to dead island (especially the removal of analogue combat option is what kileld it for me)
Build Variety is nonexistent
Only a handful of special infected compared to even the first dead island, what a disgrace
levels too opened, no dungeons to explore. While dead island had many closed building you would get lost for hours in.
Weapon modification insignificant since you are always finding new stuff, in dead island I could forge a babbo that I would keep for 5- levels (1-2 horus of gameplay even longer if a good ratrity.)

The only pro this game has going on is the parkour the rest is a huge letdown and I cant undertsand why this game is shilled but this is nu v so
>>
Amazing base game that gameplay wise could have just used a few more special zombies and maybe some extra parkour movies like straight wall running. I see a lot of people complain about how many hits zombies take on hard and up but that to me is a huge plus for the game, not being able to mash down a horde swinging my weapon wildly and instead using all the shit available to me like the in level traps and all the craftables made a group of regular zombies with a single viral mixed in an actual threat early game. The nighttime is done amazing with the volatiles that won't hesitate to fuck you up, but as the game goes on everything just becomes too little of a threat like >>376139127 said.

I can't really comment on the following because I lose interest every single time I play it, the base game kept me entertained because of the constant parkour across rooftops and running through the city, when I start the following I feel like I was just dropped into a generic empty open world game.
>>
>>376139925
On nightmare I would have a weapon that's several levels higher than me that would barely do shit to zombies. But that's not the problem. It's the fact that you have to resort to cheap tricks to kill zombies like take downs and head stomps which completely kills. I had a lot more fun mowing down zombies on normal than I did in nightmare. It just makes the game more tedious than actually being hard.
>>
I completely ignored the crafting and weapon systems as soon as I got a couple of melee abilities

Sliding, throwing, tackling, kicking stunning and curb stomping felt so good. Especially when you combined it with the environment traps. Bought myself a bow and a shit ton of arrows and I've never had to stop and engage and boring mash m1 to swing blue weapon with +2 damage and 30% elemental damage buff bullshit. Just put on my ninja suit and throw some fucking ninja stars.
>>
>>376135815

It's the most enjoyable game I played in the past 10 years.

I was totally hooked.

So much fun

So amazing

Story is okay but wow rest of the game is amazing

Buying the sequel on day one
>>
File: 1469525386169.gif (592KB, 500x204px) Image search: [Google]
1469525386169.gif
592KB, 500x204px
- Optimalisation was weird after launch
- Story is shit
- some special zombies are just plain annoyance and don't belong (spitters wtf)
- repetitive after a while

+ Gameplay is solid
+ Parkour works as it should
+ Can go supersanic on rooftops and feel good as fuck about it
+ Zombos are fun to kill when you know what you're doing
+ Nights are spooky and pump adrenaline well at the beggining, feels good when u finally get to safety
+ NIGHTS ARE ACTUALLY DARK FUCK YES
+ If you're playing like you should - high possibility of "epic" unscripted moments
+ Better city later on

Overall the game is at the bottom of the top-tier games. It's nowhere close to being a top class masterpiece, kinda gives the "B class" vibe but still good.

I rate it 8/10
You should play it if you're into Action, FPP, Zombies, Open World, Parkour, Spooks, Short burst quickie sessions

If you're looking for a true scary horror, gripping story, solid RPG or long immersive sessions - look elsewhere

similarities to Far Cry and Mirrors Edge
>>
>>376135815
IT was great except for the story.
>>
File: 1105553.jpg (28KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1105553.jpg
28KB, 640x480px
>>376135815
Whacking zombies felt a lot more satisfying in Dead Island.
>>
>>376135815
I enjoyed the hell out of the game the whole time I was playing it, but once I finished it I barely thought about it again.

Recently tried replaying it and got bored after about 2 hours and stopped.

Not sure what's going on there.
>>
Con: Weapons get absurdly strong as you progress through the game and I missed having to spend effort taking down regular zombies.
>>
>>376137576

fighting humans is easy if you have a small knife and you just cut them to ribbons, you can put out enough DPS with a knife to kill volatiles as well if you get the first hit in, even the armoured ones
>>
>>376141545

I like your review style wise one

May I have more?
>>
Pretty much unplayable unless you mod it to have unbreakable weapons.
>>
>>376135815
Best parkour in a game. Fun to chop the shit out of legions of zombies with a flaming sword. Absolutely terrifying night time. Great multiplayer. Great DLC

Forgettable story. QTE last boss.

9/10 would recommend
>>
>>376141903
You's a bitch nigga.
>>
i'm not sure if it was just me or not, but you won't find any weapons worth using from loot

you have to just buy a good rare item from a seller and upgrade/mod it
>>
The parkour was top notch. I didn't get the DLC since it pretty much does away with it and gives you a car, but I heard it wraps up the story in a more satisfying way.

The combat is passable. Felt identical to Dead Island.
>>
wandering around during the night is a lot better than during the day
shotguns make short work of the volatiles if you know what you're doing
>>
>>376142289
Just you. The best weapons were usually found in police vans or the difficult locked chests.
>>
>>376141903
Once you level up enough to get the perks that help weapon durability and repair this ceases to be an issue. One good weapon will last over an hour.
>>
parkor(?) system is fantastic, so running around the city is fun
actually decent crafting system combined with scavenging
night time
these three are the best aspects of the game

negatives:
story takes itself waaay too seriously; you will get bored of it
human sections aren't as fun as zombie sections

all in all, fun game mired by tonal choices and its need of making humans the real monsters all along
6/10, would replay for my own shenanigans not story
>>
>>376135815
Pros and cons? lol where do you think you are. EVERYTHING IS SHIT. No reasoning its just shit.
>>
>>376142289
it was just you. I was constantly finding and then throwing away weapons to make room for improved ones.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.