[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rip Titanfall 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (60KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60KB, 612x612px
>Be Respawn entertainment
>Be former CoD Developers
>Make genuinely good Multi-Player FPS
>Get feedback and criticism
>Get to work on Titanfall 2
>Make it super good with great shooting, improvements and literally give everything the fans ask for
>Then comes in EA
>They tell you to release it in between Battlefield 1 and CoD: IW
>Say "Ok" because you have no choice
>Release day comes
>Game sells average compared to BF and CoD
>Overall great reviews

>Jump forward to today
>Titanfall 2 has basically died on PC, save for Attrition
>Slowly dying on Consoles

This is a Titanfall 2 Appreciation thread. This game is so underrated in terms of FPS today and it's a shame that most have forgotten about it.

(Pic Related)
>>
>Be Respawn
>Put too little content in game
>Game gets old too fast
>How did this happen?
>EA heads are now looking over our shoulder, breathing down our necks
>One employee peed himself
>We're fucked
>>
Barker best leader
>FIRST WE FIGHT, THEN WE DRINK!
>>
I was playing nothing but CTF until 2am last night on PC
>>
>>376132794
>Game gets old too fast
This perfectly describes the game in one sentence.
>>
I get way more amped hardpoint and CTF matches than attrition. But yeah, 2.5k average players. Fucking RIP.

Doesn't help everyone discovered how busted the grapple is so CTF went from best to worst mode in majority of maps.
>>
>>376132964
My nigga.
>>
>>376132964
That's not mommyfu Gates
>>
>>376132524
>recognize Source is a superior engine
>make FPS on it, it's excelent though short on content
>make it exclusive to Origin, shitting on Valve who provided the game engine
>it's a commercial failure
>make Titanfall 2, still on source engine
>claim it's an entirely new engine, despite just being a modded Source engine
>still Origin exclusive
>get shit on by bigger titles
>>
>>376133631
Source is a garbage engine, stupid valve shill.
>>
>>376133951
>t. unity babby-tier modder
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-06-12-34-05.png (167KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-06-12-34-05.png
167KB, 1080x1920px
>>376132524
>start the sequel from scratch instead of using the stuff we did right in the first game
>make many controversial changes
>"b-but it's just a beta, w-we'll fix it!"
>too late
>release a shitload of paid skins
>"but hey, it's not loot crates! isn't that cool? :)"
>it ends up being a barebones game that improves nothing from the original
>"It's EA's fault for choosing the wrong release date!!"

A shame really, TF1 was pure sex and all played early this gen. I wanted TF2 to be great but it feels like 1 step forward and 2 steps back in almost every aspect.
>>
I watched the TBFP play through it and it looked awesome as fuck.

If it wasn't Origin exclusive i'd have bought it. Will never ever use Origin and I doubt I"m not alone. If they got over themselves and abandoned the system they'd probably make more money from more sales and not having to maintain staff to run it.
>>
>>376134405
>"b-but it's just a beta, w-we'll fix it!"
But it was a beta? Unlike 90% of the memes, they did fix the titan gauge and brought back attrition. /v/ shits on devs for calling demos "betas" but then the few times things do get changes, they say the beta ruined it for them and they dont care for the changes they wanted anyways.

The first game was barebones, 2 has strictly more content, even if you dont count the campaign it has more weapons has variety of playstyles. One big negative is that patches are on a monthly basis with content updates.
>>
>>376134405
This, the problem wasn't the core systems in place but the lack of content. Instead they go full retard and strip out fully customizable Titans and have less customization on the pilot.

What the shit were they thinking?
>>
>>376135029
To be honest I find the Titans in 2 much better than in the first game.
>>
That game was bad. You have shit taste.
>>
>>376134797
They didn't fix:
>reduced customization for pilot loadout
>the extreme lack of customization for titans
>auto titan boarding system
>unnecessary shield/battery mechanic,
>lack of frontier defense
>lack of AI for all modes
>lack of turret/spectre hacking
>slow titan movement even with "extra" dashes
>no chaingun
>no quad rocket
>burn cards were better, more fun and more varied than "score streaks" or whatever they're called

I haven't played since like december so correct if i'm wrong and they fixed any of these in the recent updates.
>>
>>376132964
>not working for space hitler
Enjoy being poor and dead I guess.
>>
>>376135573
They have fixed the majority of this, the rest of your complaints are stupid, and frontier defense is next patch
>>
File: 1490724438622.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490724438622.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>376132524
That's what you get for making a generic, mediocre first game, fooling millions of people that it's the hottest shit then making a sequel which looks exactly the same.
>>
>>376135987
>They have fixed the majority of this
Which ones? I might give it another go.

>the rest of your complaints are stupid
Wow, your counter-argument game is really strong my friend.
>>
>>376135029
from what i can tell, customizeable titans just resulted in a single meta loadout in 1

i like having six (and one more on the way) completely distinct titans with specific roles, weaknesses, and counter-picks
>>
>>376135573
>reduced customization for pilot loadout
Only thing you should be able to do is get anti titan and a pistol instead of having to sacrifice one for the other, only SMR and direct hit EPGs are good grenadier weapons against titans
>the extreme lack of customization for titans
More personal preference than anything, they have tweaked a few kits like Scorch's so you arent required to have the flame shield buff to make him viable
>auto titan boarding system
they added a hold to board option if that's what you mean
>unnecessary shield/battery mechanic
It's much better than regenerating shields and lets you stick around while in the doomed phase if you're competent
>lack of frontier defense
it's being added
>lack of AI for all modes
AI are in attrition and bounty hunt, other modes dont require them
>lack of turret/spectre hacking
they nefed pilot sentry but you can hack spectres. Just hold the promt button
>slow titan movement even with "extra" dashes
stop picking ogre-class titans lol
>no chaingun
Play Legion. If you mean the one from the campaign, it's coming with a new Titan
>no quad rocket
Doesnt look like it's coming back
>burn cards were better, more fun and more varied than "score streaks" or whatever they're called
Burn cards were pretty shit, be thankful they didnt come back with todays lootcrate/card pack economy. All they need to do is remove amped weapons from the boosts, or not have boosts in live fire or pilot vs pilot since I can understand the benefit of amped weapons against titans
>>
you all guys are retards

EA wants to buy respawn for 2 sheckls after titanfall 2 fiasco. EA doens't own respawn and titanfall IP and they are mad because of it.
>>
Honestly it seems like shooters are going to make a home for themselves on Nintendo consoles. Splatoon is going to be a 10 million plus selling franchise.
>>
Yeah, the low exposure killed it instantly.
>>
Titanfall 1 didn't have grapple
https://youtu.be/cviVhtoAiME
watch my fucking video give me your clicks you filth
>>
File: 1485341068091.png (12KB, 259x224px) Image search: [Google]
1485341068091.png
12KB, 259x224px
>>376136290
Well Titanfall 3 is being made. It seems Respawn is big enough to have a skeleton crew work on TF2 updates while two other teams make the Star Wars game and TF3
>>
>>376136290
Controversial opinion but i think they were doing better when MS was in charge of them, at least in marketing and such.
>>
>Nintendo
>Shooters

Please god no
>>
>>376132964
Daddy Blisk is best
>>
>>376132524
>Still online-only

This is why its fucking dead. There's nothing to do when you're bored playing the three game modes it has by yourself online.

Games like CoD and Halo stuck around because you had shit to do, you could have friends over to play, you had local co-op, you could make maps, you could make custom games and mess with all kinds of variables for some crazy results, there was a LOT more to do.

But Titanfall and Titnafall 2? Online-only MP with a handful of game types and no meaningful custom games, and the second has a short-but-still-good campaign with co-op that's online-only. That's fucking it. No surprise these games die after such a short amount of time when they're not literally the biggest names in the genre. Developers and publishers have themselves to blame when games bomb like this, they're actively stripping out features and content to improve their short-term bottom line.

Also
>Origin
lolno
>>
>>376133045

this
>>
>>376134797
>But it was a beta?
No, it wasn't. A beta doesn't happen weeks before release. No console "beta" has ever been an actual beta build.
>>
>>376136403
I love how grapple went from the worst kit to best kit.

>>376136446
They fired their marketing director, so apparently not. As we can tell from >>376136554's post where he thinks it's still online only
>>
>>376136638
>No console "beta" has ever been an actual beta build.

Halo betas. Even 5. If values change before the release of the game, then it qualifies as a beta.
>>
>>376132794
>>376133045
>>376136617
Because its online only, like most shooters these days. No surprise people get bored more quickly when there's less to do with the games.
>>
Titanfall 2 wouldnt have bombed so badly if it didnt have to deal with the lack of content that the original had, releasing against BF1 and CoD, actually had marketing, and if they had a bit more in the way of maps. They seem to be on the right track, but if you dont drip feed people a steady amount of content they'll move on.
>>
File: 1379965375737.jpg (259KB, 460x800px) Image search: [Google]
1379965375737.jpg
259KB, 460x800px
>>376136536
>clan vs clan
>"try hard kids who thought they were in a clan war again"
>xD
How hard is it to say "gg" at the end of the round holy shit
>>
If I didnt have to pay for fucking psn, over priced bullshit, Id play tf2 every fuckimg day. its so good.

Sad to see it die like 1. Both games are 10/10
>>
>>376136726
I played the Halo 3 "beta" as much as I possibly could when it was available ten years ago, and not much changed between it and the game's final release. I didn't say no changes would be made, they obviously tweak some things but it usually pertains to balance, it is just factually not the beta build of the game. Same went for Destiny, Halo 5, Titanfall, etc., basically every single recent shooter on consoles. Its not a beta build, its the final build with most of the content missing so they can bug/stress test and finalize small fixes and balance tweaks.
>>
>>376136862
People don't play online games for fun anymore sadly, just to inflate their own ego
>>
>>376136639

Try reading the rest of the post, dipshit.

I acknowledge that Titanfall 2 has an offline campaign. The multiplayer is still online-only, the co-op for the campaign is online-only.
>>
File: 1453431334278.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1453431334278.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>Modern era multiplayer
5 vs 5

>99 - early 2000s era
32 vs 32

No thanks.
>>
>>376136843
It's the same issue that plagues a lot of sequels these days. They all start from scratch and slowly update with DLC, paid or not. You need to slowly roll out content to hold any sort of interest because the games would otherwise be forgotten in favor of the next flavor of the month, such is life for AAA titles.

>>376137050
Destiny beta was definitly a demo, but a lot of things were change for Halo 5 and it was held like 10 months before the game actually released. If I remember correctly, 3 and Reach's betas were only about 5 months before release.
>>
>>376136403
ayy that's pretty cool
>>
>>376137171
They had a mode for a couple weeks that was 12 vs 12. It was a complete clusterfuck because the game isnt designed around it.
>>
>>376136230
>Only thing you should be able to do is get anti titan and a pistol instead of having to sacrifice one for the other
Yeah that's exactly my concern, i feel it really affects to some degree the flow of pilot vs titan combat.

>More personal preference than anything
Well i dunno, especialized classes sounds like a fun concept but i think it kills any freedom you had in TF1 to counter other titans with your prefered playstyle. For example, if there's a titan sniping me with a 40 mm, in TF1 i was able to choose my own way to counter him with Stryder+Chaingun but in TF2 i'm forced to use the katana guy with the shotgun that i don't really like.

>they added a hold to board option if that's what you mean
I mean when you boarded titans and it automatically removes the battery/shoves grenades or whatever instead of letting you choose what to do. I don't know if they changed that recently.

>It's much better than regenerating shields
Not really, makes titans feel like temporal glass cannons instead of invincible behemoths if you're good enough.

>it's being added
Perfect.

>AI are in attrition and bounty hunt, other modes dont require them
Bounty hunt is shit and it's not about about other modes requiring them. They not only made the matches feel like a bigger war zone but they're also finely intregated for the overall gameplay as killing them gave reduced titanfall cooldow but also made easier to be spotted by the enemy team.

>stop picking ogre-class titans lol
Scorch without a single dash by default is just unacceptable, i can't understand how people accepted such a slower titan gameplay just like that.
>>
>>376136813
but it has a good sp campaign ?
>>
>>376137281
Halo 3's Beta was summer 2007 and the game released in September 2007, so it was a couple months. Point being that's just what most "betas" are, basically demos so they can bug/stress test and make some balance tweaks before release, its still the final or near-final build of the game and not the actual beta build.
>>
SHIT

MAPS
>>
>>376132524

Maybe they should release it on Steam instead of Origin.
>>
>>376137493
Yes, but its also pretty short (~5 hours) and doesn't have any local co-op. Its an improvement, but just compare Titanfall 2's robust feature and game mode repertoire with, say, Halo 3 or Halo Reach. Halo has a campaign for up to four players online or two locally, multiplayer for up to four players online and offline, custom games with tons of variables that could result in some wildly different games, like hog races, a map editor, decent player customization, LAN, etc.

Titanfall just feels like a tech demo by comparison, even the old CoD games had more to do. You had the campaign with splitscreen, you had the MP, online and local for up to four players, BLOPS had zombies for up to four players offline, you had more to do with the game than sit there and play it by yourself. I truly think this slow doing-away with features like local MP or a campaign is a big contributor to why newer games, shooters in particular, don't have much staying power. Publishers are just cutting too many corners in an attempt to keep their bottom lines where they are in the face of declining sales.
>>
>>376132524
>Be former CoD Developers
>Make literally CoD with a different skin
>Make it literally CoD again, same thing you've been doing for years
>customers only buy the real CoD

who woulda thunk?
>>
>>376137475
>i'm forced to use the katana guy with the shotgun that i don't really like.
Ronin is godlike. easily second favorite titan behind Scorch and has the highest survivability. I've won games where I''ve stayed in his doomed state longer than in his full health state, but Legion and Ion are both pretty good at fucking up Northstar if you don't like Ronin.
>I mean when you boarded titans and it automatically removes the battery/shoves grenades or whatever instead of letting you choose what to do. I don't know if they changed that recently
Oh then that, no. You only stay on ally titans but once you pull the battery or toss a grenade into enemy titans you jump off.
>Not really, makes titans feel like temporal glass cannons instead of invincible behemoths if you're good enough.
It means less hit and runs from all titans, and now you only expect from the stryder chasis like ronin and northstar. All of them have a way to block damage besides northstar though. Legion and Tone with their shield, Ronin blocks 70% of damage with his sword (90% of damage while using his core), scorch with heat shield, etc
>They not only made the matches feel like a bigger war zone but they're also finely intregated for the overall gameplay as killing them gave reduced titanfall cooldow but also made easier to be spotted by the enemy team.
I suppose the bigger warzone is a valid complaint but in things like Titan vs Titan, it doesnt matter since the mode isnt supposed to emulate a warzone and in objective games like Hardpoint or CTF you still build meter playing the objective that would just from killing grunts.
>Scorch without a single dash by default is just unacceptable, i can't understand how people accepted such a slower titan gameplay just like that.
True, but I meant his offensive ones, not the universal kits all titans get like extra smoke or dash opr 30% extra core meter
>>376137728
t.babby who can't appreciate the best map in the game, Crash Kino
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.