[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

buyer's remorse thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 12

File: civ 6.jpg (28KB, 300x426px) Image search: [Google]
civ 6.jpg
28KB, 300x426px
buyer's remorse thread?
>>
I don't understand why people like civ 5 and 6, I played one round and never touched them again
>>
>>376126805
Why aren't they unironically considered as garbage games already ?
>>
>>376126721
Why didn't you just pirate this game?
>>
>>376126805
I pirated 5 completed one game and instantly uninstalled. I knew it was shit but I had to do it as I was a big fan of the series. I haven't even looked at 6 and probably never will
>>
>>376126721
I like VI.
>>
>>376126805
Because Civ 5 is easily tied for best Civ after both expansions, and 6 is interesting because of the new district system. It just needs quite a bit of polish in the espionage and trade system and it could be phenomenal.
>>
>>376126721
Civ games don't really get good until the second expansion.
>>
>>376131113
This is true for 4-6
Though it is tough to go back to vanilla once you've played with the expansion
>>
Why do they make destroying cities so hard!?
>>
File: d.jpg (318KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
318KB, 1920x1080px
>>
Someone help me out here.

>play civ 6
>conquer the entire continent
>mfw theres nothing to do anymore
I cant move my goyims to anathor continent over sea and start a war, that wouldnt work.
So.. do i just sit and and skip turns all day?
>>
I assume there's still no reason for me to upgrade from full DLC Civ V to this?
>>
>>376126721
Love 5 hate 6.

Although 6 had a fucking awesome trailer
>>
>>376132360
why wouldn't it work? are you in stone age?
>>
>>376131228
Yep. I wonder if Beyond Earth could have become better than the dogshit that it is now if it had gotten another expansion after Rising Tide.
>>
>>376126721
>buying Civ before the expansions
>>
>>376126721
Civ 3 > Civ 1 > Civ 2 > Civ 4 > Civ 5/6
>>
>>376132593
Concept was always weak IMO. Part of the fun is playing as Civs through history...the idea of BE didn't do anything for me
>>
>>376132592
No in eh age where you have plane bombers. i have a fleet but its nowhere enough to start a war with anathor country. Besides not all my infantry can go on boats
>>
>civ v
>playing tall is the best
>civ vi
>play wide or perish
>>
is this bait?
>>
>>376132750
this

And I fucking hate playing wide
>>
>>376132703
>Civ3fags

Time for bed, grandpa.
>>
Serious question. How is VI compared to V? I'm not stupid, will only buy it after all expansions come out, but still curious.
>>
>>376132360

When I get to that point I just consider the game won and start a new one.

There's no point to playing another 100 turns in a game you know you're going to win.
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 982x546px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 982x546px
Can't believe I forked out 60$ for this shit that I don't even touch now with a 10-feet pole. The game feels samey and dumbed down as fuck to please the casual scene. The result? Only one or two builds are viable and your skills does not even matter at all.
>>
File: 20170506101837.png (47KB, 283x139px) Image search: [Google]
20170506101837.png
47KB, 283x139px
3 years in alpha
>>
>>376132750
Civ v punishes you for playing wide though.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (6KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
6KB, 284x177px
Taxi Driver: The Game
>>
>>376126721
Its still the best launch civ yet. hopefully they dont fuck up the DLC like they did for Xcom2
>>
>>376132995
Better than Civ 5 with Gods and Kings, worse than Complete. Its in a lot better state than it was at launch already.
>>
>>376132995

It'd definitely be worth it after one expansion.

It's not even close to being as bare-bones as Civ V vanilla, it's just not at the point to compete with Civ V complete.
>>
>>376132995
I like the new district/wonder system. I also like how workers were changed.

It's mostly a mixed bag. Some things got better, others worse. If the expansions beef up religion and culture while reworking espionage, I think the game could be quite good.
>>
>Civ6
> Literally using Poland during Intro / Trailer
> Poland is 5$ DLC and it is uber OP - literally pay to win.

Fuck. Off. You ain't getting my money. I will pirate it or buy it from shady russian dealers. Either way - I am not going to pay those greedy fucks
>>
>>376133836
Welcome to firaxis games
>>
>>376133367
>like they did for Xcom2
Or XCOM:EU
>>
>>376133346
That game is still miles better than the abomination that is Mafia III. A bit overprice at launch but I think it might justify for its if it included its DLC
>>
I loved Civ 5 vanilla and shit got wild when I finally got around to buying all the DLC. I think Civ 6 is okay but they really shit the bed in a lot of areas. Amenities almost singlehandedly ruin the game. If you don't settle in an area that has at least three different luxury resources nearby, you'll have negative amenities for centuries and the game wont shut the fuck up about it. Happiness was an infinitely better system.

I also like how barbarians are actually a reasonable threat now but by late game they become absolute cancer. Encampments will spawn in the dumbest fucking places almost every other turn after you just cleared one.

Playing tall used to be the best strategy but now it doesn't work at all because districts and policy cards are insufficient for small and focused empires. You are actively encouraged to build as many districts as you can as soon as possible for a city but you can't because if you're trying you accumulate resources so you're not behind in amenities and weapons, you'll have to wait until your borders expand to make room. Not to mention wonders also now take a tile of their own. Also certain wonders and districts can only be built on certain terrain.

It also appears that no empire so far is particularly great at science. I know it's a really late game victory, but they make it an enormous pain in the ass to get a science victory, combined with the fact that culture victories are stupidly easy this time around because of how many empires generate a stupid amount of culture and great people are handed out like candy.

Also the DLC is fucking awful. There has not been a single worthwhile expansion so far. Australia was neat but they don't do anything particularly interesting or efficient.
>>
>>376126805
What's wrong with 5? I prefer 4 by quite a bit but I like 5
>>
File: 1448383700280.jpg (22KB, 550x397px) Image search: [Google]
1448383700280.jpg
22KB, 550x397px
>>376133990
>mfw Civ 5 vanilla near release and the turn times
>>
>>376133990
>but by late game they become absolute cancer
That means you're playing really badly or an a really low difficulty.

The rest of your complaints are mostly that its not Civ 5.
>>
>>376126721
>not pirating things before you buy them
your own fault to be quite honest with you
>>
>>376134140
I shit all over barbarians. They're just really annoying because encampments spawn constantly and if they're on the coast they'll send a quadireme or a caravel to pillage my boats and coastal improvements. I dunno about you, but I don't feel like having a naval unit at every single one of my coastal cities on the off chance a barbarian will come by.

I'm not mad that it's not Civ 5 but the job of a sequel is to build upon the achievements of its predecessor. I don't mind new concepts or even replacement concepts but when they make the game worse then it's a bad sequel.
>>
>>376133990
Also you can't fucking rename cities but you can name units. What the shit.
>>
>>376134608
Then you're not colonising enough or you're playing on a difficulty setting where the AI isn't expanding enough. Encampments only spawn on fog of war. At the very least you should have naval units near your main coastal cities.

Its not a bad sequel and it builds upon Civ 5, it just changes some things in a way that Civ 5 started. Wonders needing their own tiles isn't even a problem and not being forced to sit at 4 cities the entire game is far from a problem.
>>
File: 1494043615822.jpg (44KB, 585x560px) Image search: [Google]
1494043615822.jpg
44KB, 585x560px
>>376126721
Civ VI.... triggers me so much.

There's so much that I like about it. I like the concept of the district system a lot, I like the tech boosts, the civics tree, the trading system. On launch there's so much that makes it interesting.

But I can't get over how the game looks. I hate the style. Everytime I see screenshots of Civ 5 I miss that art direction so much. Also, the end game is almost always a long slog. It's never very interesting.
>>
>>376133253
Waiting for the day it leaves so I can refund this pos. Same with H1z1
>>
>>376135034
That's never gonna happen unfortunately
>>
>>376134690
You can rename cities, you have been able to since the first patch iirc
>>
>>376134934
>you're not colonizing enough
That's the problem though. You shouldn't be punished for trying to play tall. Almost every new feature in Civ 6 punishes you for it.

Civ 5 didn't really punish you for playing wide. It actually made it rather easy with the tradition and liberty policies. I've had fuck huge empires and I've had small and focused empires in Civ 5 and it didn't seem to make much of a difference. As long as you got a policy or tenet that compensated for your large population, you could pretty much do what you wanted.

I just felt like Civ 5 offered more freedom.
>>
>>376133990
The Amenities system is way better than happiness. I find it easier to stay +amenities than it was to have +happiness and it's less punishing to temporarily go into -amenities
>>
>>376133836
>Poland is 5$ DLC and it is uber OP - literally pay to win.
LMAO
no.
Poland is average as fuck in 6
>>
File: I'm angry, angry about.jpg (23KB, 336x229px) Image search: [Google]
I'm angry, angry about.jpg
23KB, 336x229px
>>376126721

Why the fuck was Fall from Heaven never made for CIV 5? That shit was better than the base game in 4. Actually, it was probably the greatest fantasy 4x ever.

This post made me remember that CIV 6 exists (seriously the game is so forgettable that I uninstalled and forgot it exists about a week after release) and that made me realize that civ 5 never got a FFH3 mod.

WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>376135442
That's wrong though. It's way easier to have high happiness because you have several methods of adding to it at all times. You can be allied with city states, you can have luxury resources, you can link cities with your capital, and there are various policies you can adopt. To raise amenities, you have to have varied luxury resources and/or a full entertainment district.
>>
>>376133992
I found it very boring
>>
>>376126721
meh.

The mods made this game MUCH better. I like the build que, new resource mods, the more religion mod, better AI mod, more XP from barbarians mod (basically removes the cap), the no "warmongering" mod (no warmongering penalties, the AI still reacts negatively if you attack allies, allied city states or takes cities from them or allies, but the warmongering penalties are gone, this actually makes the AI somewhat stable and sane and much less scytzophrentic), and the better ocean resources mod (basically as you upgrade your harbor district, your bonuses from fishing boats and empty water tiles go up); plus the unit mods which changes the unit look so they don't look like clash of clans castoffs.

all together it makes civ vi about as good as civ v in my mind.
>>
>>376135706
That's weird. I've never had a problem staying positive, but I'm also not a huge war mongerer so maybe that helps.
>>
>>376133367
>hopefully they dont fuck up the DLC like they did for Xcom2

There'll still be the expansion. Right?
>>
>>376126721
I fucking fell for it, it looked so promising too.
>>
>>376133990
>Playing tall used to be the best strategy but now it doesn't work at all

This is good. 4 city turtle empires are retarded.
>>
>>376133989
2 is the only game I played. You mostly just drive somewhere while someone talks to you, then drive back to where you started.
>>
>>376135995
Can you tell me the mods to salvage it? I gave up with the vanilla game very quickly but would like to get my moneys worth.
>>
File: 1485368184701.jpg (18KB, 342x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485368184701.jpg
18KB, 342x360px
>>376126721
Im never buying a game again
>>
>>376135657
>Why the fuck was Fall from Heaven never made for CIV 5?

From what I understand it's much harder to do overhauls with Civ V's tools. IV has a ton of total conversion mods but V really just has Vox Populi after 5+ years.

You also have the problem of modders who have the skill to create overhauls just not being interested or available to mod for Civ V. IIRC Kael got hired by a game dev and quit modding.
>>
>>376135000
Same.

But what actually push my edge into hating it was the little things. Stupid quotes, stupid wonders, and just generally stupid, hip, outlook the game has on things. Like it doesnt take itself seriously but in a bad, unfunny way
>>
>>376137445
The stupid quotes are fucking AWFUL in Civ6 but it's such a minor thing. I literally turned it off after 1 game so I forgot all about it.

What wonders are stupid though? They seem fine to me
>>
I bought The Elder Scrolls Online.
Couldn't stand it.
>>
>>376137781
They got Sean Bean to do the narration, and then they get him to say the dumbest shit imaginable. "I am fond of pigs..." bleh
>>
Wide is for fags with no attachment to their cities who just want to click buttons to automatically win.

Real men get four super-important cities and protect them.
>>
File: Civs.png (849KB, 1480x599px) Image search: [Google]
Civs.png
849KB, 1480x599px
>>376126721
Weird leader choices.
>>
>>376136794
I actually can't, some places ban you for mentioning mods that are "uncomfortable" to Firaxis.
>>
>>376138381
Only a small handful of them are weird.

Catherine is a dumb choice for France, she had almost no political power for most of her life.

Frederick was Italian, he was Holy Roman Emperor but not German.

Jadwiga didn't do shit, they just needed another female leader.

Gorgo was married to Leonidas, but she really didn't do much herself to justify her place in this game.

Australia isn't a country worthy of a Civ.

Tomirys is based on the legendary version of her, historians basically know nothing about her besides a few mentions of her written hundreds of years after her death.

Cleopatra wasn't much of a leader, she's just well known.

Is Kongo really worthy of a Civ? It's an odd choice.
>>
>>376139048
Way more famous than Songhai.
>>
>>376138531

What the fuck?
>>
>>376139345
Civ5 had some bad choices too, for sure
>>
>>376126721
Thats not beyond earth.
>>
>>376139592
Prepare for autism.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/somebody-obviously-sees-this-project-as-a-threat.611356/
>>
>>376133990
>I also like how barbarians are actually a reasonable threat now but by late game they become absolute cancer. Encampments will spawn in the dumbest fucking places almost every other turn after you just cleared one.
but it's realistic
>>
File: 1396327047950.gif (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1396327047950.gif
1MB, 640x360px
>>376136794
>Can you tell me the mods to salvage it? I gave up with the vanilla game very quickly but would like to get my moneys worth.

sure, let me check what I've got installed

Moar Units
R.E.D Modpack
-RED for Moar Units
-RED for Aztecs
-RED for **** DLC (if you own any other DLC, pick the RED modpack for that nation)
Unique District Icons
Tomatekh's Historical Religions (more religion names/icons)
Real Tech Tree
Resourceful
EXP+
Resource: Gold
Better coastal cities and water tiles
Right Click close leader (essential!)
Let's Ignore Warmongering!
Capture Great People
Production Queque
Historicity++
Real Great People
Good Goody Huts
>>
>>376140887
The better water tiles mod I've seen goes way too far, it makes water tiles pretty OP.
>>
WHERES MY MUGHAL EMPIRE AND MAH BRO AKBAR
>>
>>376141059
>The better water tiles mod I've seen goes way too far, it makes water tiles pretty OP.
they backed it off, what happened was Fraxis buffed water tiles and it stacked with this mod. So yeah, it was way too OP. They adjusted the mod so it no longer duplicates the boost fraxis gave the water mods, it's a subtle improvement, not a drastic one.
>>
I bought heroes of might and magic 5. It's shit and everything they tried to do to make it not shit made it more shit. It makes heroes of might and magic 4 look good by comparison. All they had to do was make a heroes 3 clone and they fucked that up.
>>
You know what's great about civ threads on /v/?

Usually always stays on topic, and also there are huge and very obvious red flags that tell you when a poster plays on babby difficulties.

It's great.
>>
>>376143204
>huge and very obvious red flags that tell you when a poster plays on babby difficulties.

such as?
>>
>>376126721
>buying a civ game on release after the shitshow that was V vanilla
you only have yourself to blame really
>>
>>376143271
not so relevant now but back when people played civ 5, people complained about 'bad AI' because the AI declared war on them to stop the player from winning the game
>>
>>376140887
Thanks, going check those out.
>>
File: header.jpg (32KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
32KB, 460x215px
>40fps is fine, you don't need more than 30 anyway!
>Then buy the DLC if you don't like being unable to pick up the weapons in game! It only costs as much as the base game for the one map! The guns and vehicles are extra.
>Strategy and tactics? You need to join an autistic clan for that who have sometimes have entrance interviews. Pretty cool how realistic it is, right?!

etc.
>>
>>376143271

In the first few posts someone is talkin about how they don't wanna leave the continent to start a war and someone else replied and said "no point in playin for 100 more turns when you know you are gonna win."

Little shit like that.

Huge red flag.
>>
>>376143468
>people complained about 'bad AI' because the AI declared war on them to stop the player from winning the game

But that is dumb because, unlike a human player, an AI cannot properly prepare for war or use 1UPT. They'll just shuffle all their units to your border in a """""surprise"""" war, then suicide by constantly embarking into a lake tile.

They're only a danger in early/mid game where you're still behind. A human player who is actually close to winning will just curbstomp an AI that attempts to disable them.
>>
>>376143675

>buys shitty milsim garbage
>doesnt expect autism to be a prerequisite
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.