[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

What did /v/ think of final fantasy VX?
>>
It has a lot of flaws and poor design choices, but I enjoyed it all the way through.

I may have shit taste.
>>
Enjoyable, but disappointed overall.
Way too much glaring flaws.
>>
it felt like a steam green light game made by a AAA developer.

it's amazing what the guy made with what he was given and the game had that perfect road trip adventure charm to it.
Still get a little misty eye when I think about camping.

I'm really excited to see 16.
>>
>>376122594
Feels and probably is half fiished in way too many aspects, it's basicly in early access right now and in a few months it won't even be the same game anymore with shit like the character creator. The OST and monster designs are pretty good though, excet for Bahamut.
>>
>>376122594
Good, not great.
FFXIII did very few things right but holding the open world portion til the end was one of them. Linear -> open world is much more satisfying than open world -> linear. FFXV had nice combat and was beautiful though.
>>
>>376123210
they should just not switch until story heavy bits for short periods of time.

Open world and linear games call for drastic changes in gameplay. and if your game is flexible for both it doesn't focus enough on either aspect.
>>
File: he loves it.png (393KB, 617x508px) Image search: [Google]
he loves it.png
393KB, 617x508px
>>376122912
I'm starting to come to the realization that I'm the problem. Pretty much everything I buy, I enjoy enough to outweigh my complaints about the flaws. Out of the games I've played in like the past five years the only ones I didn't enjoy enough to finish or actually returned were dynasty warriors gundam and one piece burning blood. DW:G because i've played sengoku basara and I thought all dynasty warriors games had that pace to them, so that was on me, and OPBB was just shallow as all fuck so I sent it back.

Those aside, I've honestly liked or even loved almost anything I've picked up since I stopped reading gamespot reviews to determine what to buy in maybe 8th grade (about 12 years ago roughly)
>>
Good game that had so much potential if it were not for the cut content and "dlc episodes"
>>
File: danganronpa.jpg (62KB, 447x686px) Image search: [Google]
danganronpa.jpg
62KB, 447x686px
>>376122594
I wanted to like it but I suck so hard at the combat I gave up and shelved it
>>
>>376123747
>>I wanted to like it but I suck so hard at the combat I gave up and shelved it

off topic on topic

Was there supposed to be something I was doing during the leviathon/argus or whatever fight?

The bombastic music and explosions and all that were cool as shit but holy crap I was just pressing buttons and stuff was happening and I had no idea what the fuck I was supposed to do.
>>
File: 1493315871924.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1493315871924.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
Also in the boat that enjoyed it overall, but definitely flaws.

maybe 15 hours into my playthrough, I went through a deeper than normal depression. Then on Christmas Day I found out my parents were divorcing after I had suspected it for months.

I wasn't very well equipped to handle that.
I caved and would do nothing but play FF15. I didn't even advance story. I spend the next 40 hours running around on choboco. I ran endlessly. I'd kill some monsters that pop up because mats, but then hop right back on my chocobo. Didn't even know I could change their color.

I finished the game with 90 hours of gameplay and max level before I got to the final boss. Nearly platted the game without trying. Just need the dodge armor and to get fishing a level.

Least favorite by far was the combat. It didn't feel as polished as I'd like it to develop into. It felt like waiting for my next magic bomb to come into cooldown to do any significant damage.
>>
>>376123438
Reading reviews too often gives you a preconceived notion of how the game is, and especially around here, that means everything is awful.

I didn't follow anything about FFXV before buying it, and I only did so because it was cheap. I guess they printed way too many of them that it ended up in the bargain bin. That should have been a red flag, but I enjoyed this shit for 100+ hours.

Several times I would think to myself "That's dumb, why would they do it that way?", but I couldn't put this shit down.
>>
>>376122594
It was fun while it lasted. Cool world. Cool dungeons. Cool monsters. But it didnt last forever, and once you had done everything, there was no reason to go back. The story wasnt interesting enough to sit through again, the NG+ was useless, there wasnt any super secrets or hidden bosses. It just had no replayability, and the original experience was a little too lackluster to promote more than one playthrough. I have hopes for the DLC but for now, I'm finished with it
>>
My most significant complaints about the gameplay itself were that there was no way to heal your bros or yourself without spamming consumables in a time-freezing menu, that they ran heedlessly into danger and seemed to have no ability to avoid attacks on their own, that there was no clear indication of which attacks were dodgeable with square and which weren't (usually instant kills as well), and not all weapon types had linking attacks. those animations were really enjoyable and i essentially didn't use anything but GS, sword and spear because of that
>>
>>376122594
Youp posted XIII versus not XV OP.
Try again.
>>
I loved It.
It certainly has flaws, especially in the second half of the game, but at least the ending was a 10/10
>>
After everything I've heard I'll wait for the PC port.
>>
>>376122594
a bad game

Major plot shit happens off screen
Chapter 13 was badly designed
The combat is "hold O to win"
>>
>>376122912
This.
>>
Shitty. Empty world shitties t final boss in the whole series next to yu yevon. overall it took them a dozen years to produce a pile of shit.
>>
>>376123151
>, it's basicly in early access right now and in a few months it won't even be the same game anymore with shit like the character creator. The OST and monster designs are pretty good though, excet for Bahamut.
From what it sounds like by the end of the year the game will have major changes. I just wish the current ones were implemented better.

We still haven't hit the mid term update yet have we?
>>
>>376127926
>EMPTY WORLD
lmao go play a Farcry clone you prole
>>
>>376122594
Huge disappointment. The combat is incredibly bad and the time wasters are even worse.
>>
>>376122594
Clearly all the imaginative talent is on the FFXIV team.
>>
If they had another year of development time it could have been great, alas it will be mediocre forever.
>>
>>376122594
The dungeons were neat.
I liked the overworld but it didn't have enough "Fantasy" too it
Pitioss was amazing
The game was several leagues too easy
The bossfights could have been improved
You should have fought a second form of Ardyn, as well as fights against the Fulgurian, Glacian and the Draconian
The game needed a much more fleshed out story; a lot of very important story moments were presented as news broadcasts
Tenebrae and the World of Darkness should have been fully explorable

It is the foundation for a great game. It feels early access because you can SEE what content was blatantly cut to meet a deadline.

There is nothing in XV that is better than XIV
>>
>>376127994
I won't really get excited for it, the few cutscenes added basicly nothing and i don't care for a character creator, multiplayer or limited hunts in a fucking singleplayer game at all. Their priorities are all kinds of fucked up and they rely way too much on feedback as if they have no vision or plan of their own
>>
>>376128152
>the few cutscenes added basicly nothing and i don't care for a character creator, multiplayer or limited hunts in a fucking singleplayer game at all.
That's what I meant by the current things aren't implemented that well. I liked the timed hunts until the last update with the points system.

I was just wondering because I was thinking that they were slowing down. But I just realized we haven't hit the halfway point yet in terms of updates.
>>
>>376123065
>I'm really excited to see 16.

16 already released though. It's on mobile.

What? You didn't think the name Final Fantasy brave eXVIous was a bit strange?
>>
>>376122594

Terrible. It's really not even a game at all, you can't even die, as long as you have potions it is literally Fucking impossible to die, when I noticed this it stopped feeling like a game completely. It's the most casual shit I have ever played and the story and pacing was just a gigantic mess, just as you think the story is about to start it literally ends and nothing in the game even has any impact, even the blonde bitches death felt rushed
>>
>>376122912
Same
>>
>>376122594
Unsalvageable, broken garbage for normalfags and redditors, total waste of money that could have been used for better things.
>B...but muh roadtrip with my imaginary friends for the feelerinos
No.
>>
File: 1478467947171.jpg (218KB, 792x792px) Image search: [Google]
1478467947171.jpg
218KB, 792x792px
>>376122594
>VX
>VX
>>
>>376128347
XVI is most probably going to be about Agni. Square's a cheap bastard, there's no way they're not going to let those assets went unused.
>>
>>376122594

I got bored of walking simulator about 10 hours in
>>
All the fucking time you have to fight against groups of enemies, which force you to make a dash, since the attacks of the enemies don't have any kind of timing.

Not even the battle system allows you to fight properly against flying or large enemies.

And the storytelling is cancer.
>>
>>376122594
>Now that the dust has settled
...for 100000000 times....it suck, get over it Sherlock.
>>
>>376122594
Final fantasy 5 is arguably the best FF there is but this thread belongs on /vr/
>>
>>376128413
The difficulty can easily be remedied by placing item limits per battle ala KH. I don't know how that train of thought passed through their heads. Probably it's them misunderstanding what them japs meant by game is too hard during the duscae demo feedback, whenit could have been possibly mean either the combat was not explained properly, not executed well, or the camera got in the way, way too many times that it frustrates the players. Questionnaires are good at getting feedback, but it depends a lot on the quality of the questions and the respondents to actually get an accurate feedback.
>>
>>376122594
Its not better than P5
>>
Very mediocre dissapointment that gets worse the longer you play it.
>>
>>376130624
>The difficulty can easily be remedied by placing item limits per battle ala KH.
The problem is it was designed around item spam to make up for how shit enemy tells/hitboxes are.
>>
>>376128347
>>
>>376122594
6.5/10 tops.

It felt mediocre and half baked.
>>
decent game but a shitty final fantasy, which is all too common in the last 10 years or so, sadly

really there hasn't been a good final fantasy game since FF9
>>
>>376122594
When FF15 is bad its BAD but when its good it probably the best Final Fantasy. The problem is the good parts are few and far between. Its a lot like Persona 5, in development for close to a decade and flawed in a lot of places, not as good as it should have been but better than this like Duke Nukem.
>>
I think a lot of XV's problems would have been solved if they switched to unreal or some other 3rd party engine early on

Luminous just wasn't designed with today's consoles in mind
>>
>>376134236
I think the bigger problem is that it wasn't designed for a big world with mostly no loading screens. The dev team even told Tabata that they should do big hubs and make the area more story driven, not like FF13 just not as huge as FFXV is now, but he said he wants open world because other games are also open world
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.