[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What comes to mind when you see this image /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: JUST.png (93KB, 755x503px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
93KB, 755x503px
What comes to mind when you see this image /v/?
>>
>>376119707
I need to buy a new 3DS. Mine broke.
>>
>>376119707
Good. But no buy until I see the popular 3ds franchises move to the switch (not just spin offs)
>>
who gives a shit
>>
>>376119707
Doing well. But to soon to say anything. Can share WiiU fate as wellin long term.
>>
Will never understand Nintendo's low shipments. When it became obvious the thing was going to do well why didn't they ship 4 million units and sell through most of those? Could literally double their expected sales.
>>
>>376119707
That it's wonderful to see a new idea and new approach taking so well. It's a nice little console/handheld/thing and hopefully MS and Sony take note.
>>376120701
I'd imagine it was a mix of caution after the Wii U and supply constraints.
>>
>>376119707

I didn't realise it was doing so well actually.
What is their target audience? Are families buying it?
>>
>>376120701
4 million units can't be made overnight.
They probably guessed conservatively since the Switch didn't launch during the holidays and the Wii U was a flop. Better for it to be scarce than fill shelves with unwanted units.
>>
>>376120793
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2017/170428_2e.pdf
Take a look for yourself
>>
>>376120919

Thanks based anon
>>
>>376120793
>>376120919
Mainly males in their 20's and early 30's. If I had to guess, it's people who are less than inspired by the same-y nature of the PS4/xbone over the PS3 and 360. The Switch is offering something different and that alone is probably winning a lot of people over.
>>
>>376121201

It's mostly bought by families or couples, if you take into account the second stat. Only 28% state they are the only ones playing on it, with 42% claiming two people will use it. If you combine 2, 3, 4 or more people using it, it's 72% of people which bought it into a household.

That kinda confirms my idea that mostly families are buying it. Probably older brothers or even dads.
>>
>>376121201
Well, something to remember is that data was gained via an optional survey emailed out after a Nintendo account is linked to a Switch.

I'm not saying it's useless or totally wrong, it's just not an entirely accurate representation of the overall Switch userbase.
>>
>>376121419

You can never single out a single stat. However combining the two like anon did here; >>376121407 gives a better picture. The ones linking the account are probably the dads or eldest sons. It's really a family device, which is expected. Hell, if I had kids I'd definitely buy one and tell my wife it's for them, while playing myself all day.
>>
>>376121612
>>376121407
Mario Kart plus out-of-the-box two player without buying another expensive controller does lend well to that.
>>
>>376121612
But my point is that all of those stats were gained by the same survey.
I'm sure there's a handful of kids that had Switches bought just for them that don't have an email for themselves or a parent that would answer a Nintendo survey.
>>
File: Snoke.jpg (55KB, 715x412px) Image search: [Google]
Snoke.jpg
55KB, 715x412px
How come they are shipping .74 units too? how can you do 2.74? Are they just trying to rip people off now by not sending them a complete console?
>>
>>376122013
2,740,000 units.
Weak joke.
>>
>>376121407
I have a feeling a lot of the 'two people using' is a son living at home that throws a joy-con at dad regularly or something. Not saying it discredits it, but I'm not entirely sure if something so expensive is finding itself being used as a 'family machine' at the moment.
>>
>>376122415
Units of what
>>
>>376119707
>sold out worldwide
Has Nintendo ever been more upfront about not giving a fuck about Europe?
>>
>>376122970
I think it's an advantage sometimes. NoE just copy-pastes Japan's efforts and we get some niche games out of it sometimes.
Europe was Xenoblade's saviour, afterall.
>>
>>376123451
I mean, sure, it's nice to know I can but Switch anytime I want when it actually has games I care about. I just find that blatant pr lie mildly annoying.
>>
>>376122970
It's sold out in west Europe. Of course in the eastern European countries where the Switch is basically a month's salary things are going to go slower.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.