[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of The Surge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

What does /v/ think of The Surge?
>>
I don't. It will be forgotten in a day.
>>
looks like shit
>>
>>376119145
Who?
>>
>>376119282
this
>>
I only have fun with soulslike games so im cautiously optimistic. The limb targeting seems like a gimmick, i just hope the bosses are huge and have phases.
>>
>>376119437
>I only have fun with soulslike games
>>
>>376119145
DARK SOULS KILLER
seriously why are western companies literally wasting money in this game? it won't sell. Then they will close the studio and blame gamers.
>>
>>376119485
Not him, but hack and slash games are some of the most fun.
Sorry if not everyone likes your gay

>Side with the elves
>Side with the sorcerers
>Side with the king
Glorified walk simulators
>>
looks cool, I might get it. it's nice to see a game like this trying something different from a fantasy setting.
>>
>>376119145
>Lords of the Fallen devs
Yeah nah.
>>
>>376120476
I remember the e3 hype back then
we thought it would be the revival of western gaming
>>
>>376120902
Don't lie. That never happened. Ever.
>>
>>376120902
>we thought it would be the revival of western gaming
I don't remember that. I actually liked the game, though. it wasn't great, but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>376121075

Maybe not to the scale he implied, but a lot of people were definitely excited about the prospect of the industry going back to making more core games again.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td_-veQBkxc
looks pretty good
cautiously optimistic
>>
>>376121251
>those dogshit animations

i'll pass
>>
>>376121075
I was excited. The e3 thing was really huge all over the internet people talked about lords of the fallen
>>
>>376121113
I didn't, I love DS but LotF had nothing that I liked about DS.

Not even the combat was like DS, it was this floaty mess with burly characters like what the fuck...
>>
>>376121251
They added the pseudo-gore meme OH LOOK WE ARE BRUTAL AND DARK TOO.
if that's the case I'd rather stick with Lords of the fallen
>>
>>376120124
>souls
>hack and slash
>>
>>376121251
combat and movement looks a lot more responsive than LOTF, at least.
>>
>>376119145
I hope its good. Looks alright
>>
looks bad, even worse than lords of the fallen
>>
>>376119145
Another half-ass attempt to capture the souls audience.
But falling noticeably short by learning nothing from their previous half-ass attempt.
>>
File: a2black2.jpg (581KB, 1260x1440px) Image search: [Google]
a2black2.jpg
581KB, 1260x1440px
>get sci-fi souls
>it's the complete wrong sci-fi
Why does the west love doing the broken down sci-fi thing?
>>
>>376123386
I'll take industrial sci-fi over "it looks like a cute grill but its really an android" sci-fi
>>
>>376123628
I'm interested in why they didn't just try a cyberpunk theme or something.
>>
>>376123768
that would be kinda neat, I'm sure someone will make that eventually.

I'm surprised its taken this long for someone to make "sci-fi souls"
>>
>>376119145
>Sci-Fi Souls
>Only has melee
They just put on mecha skins on Lords of Fallen.
>>
>>376123946
They had to figure out how to deal with gunplay.
>>
>>376123386
>>376123628
Pulp scifi > industrial scifi > anime scifi

I want Destiny Souls.
>>
>>376124240
>Pulp scifi
what?
>>
File: Zl18zJ2.jpg (2MB, 960x1494px) Image search: [Google]
Zl18zJ2.jpg
2MB, 960x1494px
>>376124427
Early science fiction art styles ranging from the 20's to the 70's and 80's. It has always been Bungie's base and their style is a modernized form of it. Destiny was more science fantasy though, and I think that would work great with the formula.
>>
>>376125003
in that case, I agree. I loved Destiny's setting.
>>
pre-ordered

Soulsfags are just mad some literally who dev is more competent than From Shitware
>>
>>376125003
Then I didn't know it but I love pulp sci-fi
>>
>>376121251
That actually looks way better than the dog shit LotF gameplay. Limb based targeting and loot that you get for cutting off specific limbs at least gives it a bit of depth and a unique dynamic spin.

I'm not saying that it will be a great game, but at least it looks better than LotF from what I've seen so far.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.