[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I expected nothing and now I am addicted. Why is this game so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg (21KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
21KB, 460x215px
I expected nothing and now I am addicted. Why is this game so much fun? Top tier soundtrack to boot.
>>
>>376116315
1 and 2 are even better
>>
>>376116590
Really? There goes my summer I guess
>>
it's a decent game for wandering around, killing, collecting things. Since nothing respawns and all the quests are pretty straight forward aside from collecting chalices it's smooth sailing most of the time. Kinda comfy once you level up. Simple and satisfying to complete.

Nothing complex here.
>>
File: gingerrebel.jpg (140KB, 800x1352px) Image search: [Google]
gingerrebel.jpg
140KB, 800x1352px
>>376116315
Gothic2>Gothic>Gothic3>Risen>Arcania>>>>Risen2>Risen3

where will elex land goys?
>>
>>376117063
>arcania better than anything
>r2 better than 3
surely you jest
elex looks as shit at r2-3 though
>>
>>376117063
the only way i can be interested about Elex is if let us change the world in percentages with either fantasy or technology
>>
>>376117175
arcania was a nice action rpg game, it just wasn't a gothic game.
>>
People will bitch about the desert, but I fuckin' loved it.
>>
>>376117426
>arcania was a nice action rpg game
it was a barebones pile of shit with like 3 spells and horrible animations plus empty and terrible world
even r2-3 has way more build options and way better exploration
>>
File: arcania-2012-06-23-13-48-23-721.jpg (212KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
arcania-2012-06-23-13-48-23-721.jpg
212KB, 1280x768px
>>376117575
>with like 3 spells
no, but yes, it has an action rpg simplisctic gameplay. It's not great, but not bad either.
>horrible animations
better animations than any piranya game yet
>empty and terrible world
heck no. While being linear, the environments, cities, armors are very well done
>>
>>376116664
Gothic 2 with the expansion it's still excellent. I recently tried to replay the first one, but couldn't finish it. Too much running around from one end of the map to the other. Still had shitloads of fun back in a day.
>>
>>376117920
just marvin mode around if you find it that much of a hassle.
>>
File: page1.png (3MB, 1000x1476px) Image search: [Google]
page1.png
3MB, 1000x1476px
So i was looking through some scans of an old romanian gaming magazine and i found out Gothic 1 was a bit different in it's development stage story wise.
You're a prisoner inside a giant gothic cathedral, inside there are also other buildings. Some magic power sealed it and made it a prison. Inside there was also a gold mine and somehow you could sent the gold outside.
There a factions and the main goal is to escape.
The article also mentions multiplayer/co-op with up to 4 players.
Pics related
>>
File: page2.png (3MB, 1000x1421px) Image search: [Google]
page2.png
3MB, 1000x1421px
>>376118268
>>
>>376117063
Hopefully around Gothic 3/Risen. First three hours of gameplay look good.
>>
>>376116315
i didn't like Gothic 1 and 2, but 3 just felt magical for me, i could play it whole days, just running around the world
>>
>>376118268
That was a very interesting concept I wonder why they changed it.
>>
>>376118268
At least that explains why these games are called gothic.
>>
>>376118334
I'm really not digging the elex setting, at all.
but the map looks uge, so at least they got that right.
>>
>>376118502
The team is better at making small, dense maps though
Every time they tried hueg it backfired phenomenally
>>
>>376118685
this, sadly. Even Risen 3 only profited from the fact that they split up a big big into smaller, self-contained islands
>>
>>376118765
>the fact that they split up a big big into smaller, self-contained islands
that kind of killed the game for me. The travelling between the island felt very arcadey to me and made the game feel very artificial.
>>
Thread theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLyqSQhS6E0

>>376118502
The setting is weird, but I don't really see how that'll stop me from enjoying it. As long as the characters, quests and locations are sold properly to me, it should still be able to tap into that Gothic magic.
Though I guess there is a risk of it just feeling too much like a hodgepodge. At least they're trying something slightly different instead of just remaking Gothic 2/Risen.

>>376118685
Well they only tried it with Gothic 3 and that didn't exactly have a clean development cycle.
>>
>>376118884
well after Gothic 2, Gothic was never really the same. The team was best when it just did a good solid smaller map and filled it to the brim with stuff to discover and explore and kept refreshing it after story events instead of having an open world with no clear purpose
>>
>>376119053
I thought Gothic 3 was okay in that regard, It was big but it still maintained the degree of a dense world. I think they should stick to the Risen1 formula. That scope was just fine, why the hell did they go down the retarded pirate theme route is above me.
>>
>>376116315
>>376116590
1 and 3 are a bit eh but 2 with expansion is fucking GOAT
>>
>No Orc ending
>>
>>376119583
1 is great.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.