[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Honest question here. Why do people play western games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: Etna_(Disgaea).png (93KB, 275x444px) Image search: [Google]
Etna_(Disgaea).png
93KB, 275x444px
Honest question here.
Why do people play western games?
>>
>>376108910
Genetically shit taste. Just like footfags, thiccfags, e-celebfags and bronies they can only be explained by having a ental defect.
>>
western games can still be good and I enjoy playing some of them. they aren't as good as jap games though, admittedly
>>
>>376109367
There's a ton of good Western games but it's AAA western games that are usually shit. Our big editors are the worst.
>>
Bad, narrow taste or dumb shit like "but muh friends are playing it too!". STALKER 2 was the last promising upcoming western game and look how that turned out.
>>
>>376108910
Because there are only like few good games from weebland and disgaea not one of them.
>>
>>376108910

I want Etna to bully me
>>
>>376109518
>>376109590
Why did you change few to a ton?
You were right the first time
>>
File: 1446171972771.png (363KB, 900x991px) Image search: [Google]
1446171972771.png
363KB, 900x991px
Some people don't have arbitrary barriers on enjoying things.

People who only play jap games are the equivalent of people who only listen to video game soundtracks.

They're not wrong, they're just retarded.
>>
I want Etna to step on me.
>>
>>376109295
Why people here hate footfags so much? You may not understand the reason behind it, but it's one of the most normalfag-tier fetishes. Also there are way more gross or weird things than that, but i won't go into detail.
>>
The only gameplay I enjoy is FPS gameplay. Japs make good art, they just don't know how to make a fun game yet. I don't like Jap Grindfest #59125 or Jap Walking Around Game #88275.
>>
>>376109972
Because they pretend it's a normalfag tier fetish.

At least furries understand they're weirdos.
>>
>>376109972
I have no problems with most other fetishes, footfags are scum because they are so obnoxious about it and ruin perfectly fine images with their shit. And because they think they are normal and accepted, literally sexual furries.
>>
>>376108910
Because not everyone is a retarded weeb.
>>
>>376109986
>The only gameplay I enjoy is FPS gameplay

i bet you're talking about CoD and Halo and shit. see this is why we need a western games board, so we can separate ourselves from casual shitters like this.
>>
>>376109972
It's not because feet are gross, though foot fag art I've seen certainly makes it look gross. It's because they're a similar tier of asshole to furries. As evidenced by rampant monster girl waifu and "gib dragon sex game" threads, people don't dislike furry as a fetish. They disliked the fetishists who wouldn't shut the fuck up about it and their goddamn victim complexes.
>>
>>376110126
No, I play/played high-TTK FPS almost exclusively. Tribes: Ascend, Planetside 1, Quake, TF2, Overwatch
>>
I like strategy games and the Japanese don't produce too many that I find too good. They're mostly quite mediocre and basic and rarely, if ever, set out to try anything different.
>>
because I'm not a manchild and can enjoy content that's not made by some slanty-eyed gooks
>>
File: 468px-RtCB-WitcherEndings.jpg (83KB, 936x258px) Image search: [Google]
468px-RtCB-WitcherEndings.jpg
83KB, 936x258px
>>376108910
The entire design philosophy behind JRPGs like Tales and Final Fantasy is just awful. They're "Role Playing Games" without any choice left up to the player, in which said player is just railroaded through the story. That extends outward, as well. I've always thought that a samurai equivalent of Red Dead Redemption would be fucking amazing but that it would never happen because the Japanese want to play linear games that hold their hand.
>>
>>376110636
But anon, all videogames are for manchilds, that's why they are called videoGAMES.
>>
>>376110726
uhh I don't actually play games, I just come here to bully people

yeah that's right
>>
>>376111018
nigga how you gonna bully someone over the internet lmao you're about as beta as it gets
>>
File: _PjR302j.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
_PjR302j.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>376111117
>missing hex gets
who's the beta now huh
>>
>>376111348
it's actually not possible any more on /v/. but it was close enough
>>
>>376111111
>>
>>376111397
wait since when? for what purpose? why does gookmoot keep ruining our fun?
>>
File: 1479901559802.png (10KB, 369x300px) Image search: [Google]
1479901559802.png
10KB, 369x300px
>this could've just been a Disgaea thread
>instead it's another west vs east thread
OP is a fag
>>
>>376110129
>"RAMPANT" monster girl waifu threads
Monster girls are old stuff, they have always been here until they were not allowed anymore, that's why they are so rare now. Also monster girls =/= furries, it's a matter of fact.
>>
>>376110646
It's just a split in videogame evolution. JRPGs descend from old school pen and paper RPGS just like WRPGs do, but they kept to the idea of fiddly stats and gear while WRPGs went more towards the idea of world you could play around with through the character. As hardware allowed for larger games and skill was refined to the point to better understand how best to present a game to a player, we see these two environments branch off from the same core ideas into their own odd niches. They end up sharing a name despite not really sharing much of anything any more. When just looking at one or the other, you can see why it would be called an RPG, but together it just highlights how distant the two genres have gotten from the thing they developed from and from each other.
>>
>>376111665
Western RPGs have "fiddly stats and gear" too. The problem with JRPGs is that they're almost like Japanese kinetic novels in terms of being books with occasional bouts of gameplay.

Frankly, while updating the graphics and abandoning random encounters and turn based combat is nice what I'd like to see and almost certainly won't from the Final Fantasy 7 remake is some actual choice in regard to the plot; in the original even the Golden Saucer date is inconsequential while seemingly every WRPG post-KOTOR has multiple alignments endings and romantic choices at minimum. The fact that it took as long as it did for JRPGs to abandon random encounters and turn based combat represents a general trend in which they lag behind.
>>
>>376112751
>Western RPGs have "fiddly stats and gear" too
Not any more, really. The trend has been to down play those. It is telling, though, that when a game is described as adding "RPG elements," they exclusively mean numerical stats and loot, rather than anything else.

>almost like Japanese kinetic novels
Most of Japan's open ended story and character roleplaying goes into VNs, rather than actual games. That's where you can fuck around with alignments and character relationships. I guess FE sort of does that, though only on the character end.
>>
File: 1482300740914.jpg (81KB, 689x387px) Image search: [Google]
1482300740914.jpg
81KB, 689x387px
>>376109972
It might be a normal fetish, but it's still an annoying one if you're not into it. And it's everywhere...
>>
>>376109295
Japanese games and cute feet go hand in hand, faggot
>>
They aren't dumb weabs
>>
Same reason people play easetern games.
>>
>>376109295

>Likes Japanese games
>Doesn't like feet

You are clearly the one with the "ental defect".
>>
>>376108910
Why do people like female(male)s like Etna?
>>
>>376111504
gets on /v/ haven't been possible for years, newfag except for thisn5
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.