[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Switch: Gamecube Virtual Console?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: gcn-switch__large[1].png (112KB, 723x330px) Image search: [Google]
gcn-switch__large[1].png
112KB, 723x330px
Dearest /v/,

How likely do you think it would be for the Switch to get a Gamecube Virtual Console?
And for that matter, if it were to happen; what Gamecube games would you like to see put on it?
>>
>>376106754
I'd like to see Twilight Princess on it, Metroid, and Baten Kaitos cos I've never played it. Also that first person spooky game, can't remember its name...

Tbh I'm more interested in getting to play Xenoblade 1, Nintendo is really dumb not to release a Virtual Console early on because people are already buying shitty NeoGeo games in droves.
>>
>>376107697
>Also that first person spooky game, can't remember its name...

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem ?

>>376106754

Bumping with my personal all-star list, but:

>Supermario Sunshine
>Luigi's Mansion
>Metroid Prime
>Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
>Pikmin 1 & 2
>Chibi-Robo! Plug Into Adventure
>Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest
>Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
>Skies of Arcadia Legends
>Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet
>Viewtiful Joe
>Wario World

Mostly I'd just be happy with Luigi's Mansion, both Pikmins, Supermario Sunshine, Paper Mario and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.
>>
>>376106754
Thousand Year Door and Custom Robo are the games I really want to see. Zelda titles would probably just get an HD port for $60.
>>
>>376106754
The Tegra X1 is just about capable of running Gamecube emulation at full clock speeds.

Nintendo downclocked the Switch to one third of that. If Nintendo couldn't get SNES games onto the 3DS, there's no way they could run Gamecube games on the Switch.
>>
>>376108395
Eternal Darkness, that's the one

>>376108725
They got SNES games on the New 3DS, and the Wii U can play Wii games, so it seems odd... Is Gamecube harder to emulate than the Wii? Can Switch even emulate Wii? If not I'd be pretty pissed, was really hoping I could buy XC1 on it before the second game is released.
>>
>>376109382
>and the Wii U can play Wii games
Wii and Gamecube games run natively on the Wii U, it was the same architecture. and even then Nintendo didn't put Gamecube virtual console onto the Wii U, when they would have had to do little more than uploading the file to the eshop. If they decided not to because of no analogue triggers on the Wii U, we can probably assume Gamecube games won't be on the Switch either, even if they did manage to get the games running. Wii games are obviously more demanding than Gamecube games, so we should consider that even less likely, unless the games were ported - at which point the games would be full releases, and not Virtual Console.

I just don't see it happening, at least until an upgraded version or successor to the Switch.
>>
>>376106754
Melee hd with gamecube controller joycon that isn't manufactured with artificial scarcity.
>>
>>376109741
This.
Gamecube wasn't on Wii U, it won't be on Switch.
>>
>>376106754
>He bought a Switch before the GameCube vc was confirmed
>>
>>376111569
>>376109741
OK so I can kiss my dream of playing Xenoblade 1 on Switch goodbye then T_T

Do you reckon the second game will be some kind of follow-up? If it's like Final Fantasy where there are no real sequels, I can live with playing the second game without the 1st one.
>>
>>376112939
emulate it or get a Wii U. For fucks sake half of the people that got a Switch should've got a Wii U instead, fucking no games until next year anyway (Mario this year? HA. Splatoon 2? Looks more like 1.5 but we'll see.) The Wii U now at least has a half decent library with at least 5 good single player games without considering the virtual console.
>>
>>376113078
Honestly I have no regrets buying the Switch anyway, BotW alone was worth it (game of the generation for me)

I know it's also on Wii U, but the Wii U version isn't portable and has worse framerate drops. Also, I enjoy playing MK8 DX with friends in local multiplayer.

I guess I'll try and emulate Xenoblade 1, but I don't know if I can be arsed... Is it a simple enough process?
>>
>>376113078
>Mario this year? HA
I still don't understand this mentality. Xenoblade 2: Assless Chaps Boogaloo? Sure. But do people really think they announced the next big Mario game, explicitly going back to their SM64 gameplay, for a holiday release during the first year of their new console without being absolutely sure they were going to make that?
>>
>>376106754
>How likely do you think it would be for the Switch to get a Gamecube Virtual Console?
Considering it would have been super easy for the WiiU to get it, or backwards compatibility with the GCN, as it not only has GCN remote adapters, but also has Wii OS inside, and can be hacked to run GCN games... but didn't.

I'd say very unlikely.

Nintendo is fucking dumb. WiiU desperately needed more shit like that, but they couldn't be assed to tweak a bit of code in the WiiU OS to allow that, or to simply have that shit in the store.

Switch needs a lot more for that to happen. Its controllers aren't suited for it, and second, it'll need to emulate the GCN, as it can't run it natively like the WiiU could have. Something tells me the Switch isn't powerful enough to emulate the GCN flawlessly.

If Nintendo didn't do it for the console which could have done it easily, and which NEEDED that shit, they won't do it for the one which will take a lot more effort to get it to run.
>>
>>376113078
God, I hate fucking poor people.
>>
I would cream my delicate panties of manliness if phantasy star online for the GameCube was rereleased on virtual console. I'd play it with my bestest friend ever.
>>
>>376113078
This.

With softmodding, WiiU becomes the ultimate Nintendo console as it has accesses to EVERY Nintendo game ever, including portables, and can play them with their intended control scheme thanks to the touch screen, and controller adapters.

Why someone would chose a portable version of BotW over this is beyond me.

>>376113265
But both those games are also on WiiU.
>>
>>376113783
Oooh. That would be cool.
>>
File: 1450346088133.jpg (137KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
1450346088133.jpg
137KB, 323x454px
>>376106754
>buying free shit
>>
Emulate it you fucking retard. I still can't fathom there are morons that await the days ancient games get put on the stupid E-SHOP so they can play it in glorious 480p 4:3.
>>
File: LOLATYOURLIFE_zpsfdd86388.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
LOLATYOURLIFE_zpsfdd86388.png
189KB, 450x472px
>he bought switch
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.