[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

current gen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: ps4-vs-switch-vs-xbox.jpg (38KB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
ps4-vs-switch-vs-xbox.jpg
38KB, 630x354px
Anyone else feel like this gen is finally hitting its stride? Nintendo Switch is out, PS4 games are coming out left and right, and the Xbox Scorpio is out later this year. It's crazy to think it took about 3 years to finally get somewhere. Maybe it's just me, but lately I've been hopping between all my consoles and PC for gaming. Do any of you guys feel this way?
>>
>consoles
>>
Switch is gen 9 like the 3DS was gen 8. Get it right
>>
>>376104229
Ha! You're right. For some reason I paired up the Switch with the current gen consoles.
>>
>>376104229
>>376104916
switch isn't a part of any console gen.
it's its own tablet thing
>>
>>376105364

The Switch is Nintendo's console answer to this gen so it part of this gen no matter how unconventional it is.
>>
>>376105364
It's tough to tell. It's not really current gen and it's not really an iteration on the Wii U like the PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio. I think it's just in the consensus now that it's next gen since it's Nintendo's new flagship console. However I can see where you're coming from.
>>
>>376105551
This is how I originally interpreted the release. It seems just based off a few posts the topic of "gens" for the Switch is up for debate.
>>
>>376106035
>>376105701
>>376105551
>>376105364
this is now a switch thread, again.
>>376104229
>>
PS4 is hitting a stride of sorts, that's for sure. Switch? Seems off to a healthy start but I'm waiting for the games I'm actually interested in to come out like No More Heroes 3. Matter of when, not if for me though. MS continues to be a nonentity to me so I couldn't care less about Scorpio.
>>
>>376106497
It definitely feels like my PS4 has been more active in my daily routine. So many new exclusives to play. Trying to finish up Horizon to pick up Persona 5.

I really hope No More Heroes is actually gonna release within a reasonable time frame. I've been burned by cancelled games or vaporware from console announcements. *cough* Deep Down *cough*
>>
I hope the scorpio does well, its what most of my friends will be getting, and if there are games for it it'll make the decision to buy one alot easier
>>
Well, I own a Switch only (I know, it sounds retarded, but I don't have the money to be buying all three at once right now), so it's kind of hard for me to say. I like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and all, but I feel like Nintendo could be doing better than this and releasing more than multiplats and ports. Granted, BOTW is really fucking good, and I love Super Bomberman R, but something about all this makes me feel uneasy.

Hoping for more third party support and first party support down the road.
>>
>Nintendo Switch is out
That's cool and all, but where the fuck are the games?
>>
File: 1338351792766.jpg (44KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1338351792766.jpg
44KB, 409x393px
>PS4 games are coming out left and right
>Nintendo Switch is out

I guess that about sums it up.
>>
>>376107581
It has better games than PS4 and Xbone did at launch, so quit your hypocritical bitching. The announced titles for 2017 give it a better launch year than pretty much the last 3 generations combined.
>>
>>376105364
Switch is a console with a screen on it so you can take it with you. There's nothing complicated or unconventional about it. It's just a home console with the portability of a portable.
>>
>>376107581

I know, I'm impatiently waiting for shit like Odyssey. That this isn't unusual though. PS4 took a while before getting games too.

I'm anxious to get Project Octopath, still waiting for that release date.
>>
>>376107651
>It has better games than PS4 and Xbone did at launch, so quit your hypocritical bitching

That's only because the Wii U failed entirely and some of its games were recycled for it, in all their 720p 20fps glory.
>>
>>376107502
Yeah that's a worry of mine as well. So far the announced line-up looks good enough for a launch year (Mario Odyssey in particular looks amazing) but I hope there's a few more surprises. I'm hoping for a new game announcement from Retro or something of a similar caliber.
>>
>>376107842

Yeah, looking at all the games during the reveal, it makes me optimistic for the future. Titles like Project Octopath, FE Warriors, and Odyssey excite me. Shit even some multiplats like Sonic Mania.

God damn, I would kill for another Metroid Prime and F-Zero. Though I imagine F-Zero isn't going to happen due to Fast Racing RMX and all. Monolith Soft's Xenoblade 2 also looks great, but I imagine we won't be seeing that for another year or so. Nintendo tends to take their sweet time with big projects like that.

A few surprises would be nice, like a Kirby game for Switch.
>>
>>376107639
I was thinking of listing all of the recently released PS4 games and Switch's upcoming line-up. Just didn't feel like writing a big post. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>376103815
>hitting its stride

They've had to make new releases of the consoles to make them live up to the original promises and one just cashed and released its next gen, which has only one seller title.

PS4 has some titles I'll give you that, but that is because Sony wants the Vita to die and moved its library and releases to PS4 so it stopped having one game.

Xbox is advertising hardware still because it has nothing on it. My microwave can nothing at 60 solid FPS too. They need some fucking games and if they hope to be compatible with the Xbox the way PS4 and Pro are then all it has is frame rate (this will tilt the shooter genre a bit) and textures too offer since the memory situation on the Xbone is fucked.

So no I would say I don't agree. One console in this gen is retired, one has some games, but I couldn't name 2 dozen I'ld care to play where its previous gens have a backlog I'm still playing. And one is a VCR shaped brick.

My advise if you want to play games and don't like PC is buy a 3DS.
>>
>>376108061

Let's split it up then, because I'm too lazy to do both. I'll do Switch, you do PS4.

Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers
ARMS
Splatoon 2
Fate/Extella
Sonic Mania
Fire Emblem Warriors
Stardew Valley
Disgaea 5 Complete (in English. I know it's already out in Japan, but for most of us, it's a waiting game until May)
Cave Story+
Rime

It's your turn now. Post PS4 games.
>>
>>376108415
>Ultra Street Fighter 2: The Final Challengers
Rehash of a snes game, holy fuck.
>ARMS
Literally a smartphone tier shovelware, being sold for 60 bucks.
>Splatoon 2
Switch rehash
>Fate/Extella
Weeb shit, not even exclusive.
>Sonic Mania
>Fire Emblem Warriors
Literally smartphone tier garbage
>Stardew Valley
PC indie meme shit
>Disgaea 5 Complete (in English. I know it's already out in Japan, but for most of us, it's a waiting game until May)
Not even exclusive, also weebshit of the worst tier
>Cave Story+
Indie meme shit
>Rime
Ancient game not even exclusive

Why does this console even exist again?
>>
>>376108059
I never thought I'd say this about a musou game but I'm really excited to see more FE Warriors stuff. I hope they talk about it more during E3.

I also got my fingers crossed for any mention of Metroid or Animal Crossing for this year's E3.

If a new Kirby exists I just hope it's not a direct sequel to the Epic Yarn series. Some old school Kirby would be awesome.
>>
File: tc.png (619KB, 772x624px) Image search: [Google]
tc.png
619KB, 772x624px
>>376105551
>tfw Wii U was a mistake
>>
>>376108556
You're trying way too hard anon.

You're right about some of that, minus the clearly emotionally driven responses and flat out opinions, the switch doesn't have a whole lot of exclusives as it stands right now. But even with the few titles it has, it STILL has more exclusives than the ps4 or xbone had at launch.

I don't quite understand the hate for Nintendo and the switch, but lets give it a minute before announcing time of death
>>
>2 months out
>Already the "no games machine"
>When PS4 finally got his first game 2 years later after release
>>
>>376108929
Xbone is and has always been the no games machine
>>
>>376103815
>current gen thread
>one current gen system, and two last gen consoles in his pic

???
>>
>>376108789
>it STILL has more exclusives than the ps4 or xbone had at launch
This is a blatant lie.
>>
>>376108971
>Xbox
Irrelevant
>>
>>376108556

>ARMS
>Sonic Mania
>Fire Emblem Warriors
>Smart phone tier garbage

Poor quality bait
>>
>>376108415
Here's some recent releases that I know of.

Gravity Rush 2
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Tales of Berseria
Yakuza 0
Digimon World: Next Order
Nioh
Horizon Zero Dawn
Danganronpa 1•2 Reload
Nier: Automata
Persona 5
Dragon Quest Heroes II
>>
>>376108616

Same, I've never been all that into Musuo, but I feel like this is how it was meant to be. We've been predicting this shit for years, that one day they'd make Fire Emblem a Musuo. And why not? It's a game where hoards and hoards of soldiers fight each other. They better not delay it or I'll fucking freak.

I know I sound sort of boring, but I'm hoping for more old school Kirby. But with some interesting gimmicks, like the way Robobot did it.

Fucking Metroid man, I've been waiting for far too long for another.
>>
>>376109087

Good man, thanks for doing your part. Lots of good stuff on the horizon. This'll be a good year for Nintendo and Sony.
>>
>>376109043
Im not disagreeing with you, but if you want to name a "no games machine" xbone is the only choice

>>376108991
Ill just post this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_Switch_games

Acting like the switch doesnt have any games or will never get any games worthwhile is just silly, You dont sell 2 million consoles in the first month and not secure titles for your system.
>>
>>376108374
You make some good points. Don't fully agree on the PS4 part though. All the PS4 got out of Vita's death was a few ports iirc. Some of Sony's flagship releases were in production for several years and aimed at a home console release such as Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon, etc. I think we maybe felt a shift because of the Gravity Rush remasterd and the eventual home console exclusive sequel. But for the most part it feels like Sony is filling the PS4 library with some noteworthy games such as Nioh or Persona 5.
>>
>>376109735
I also forgot to mention all of Sony's big upcoming first-party releases like Gran Turismo, God of War, Spiderman (PS4), Days Gone, etc.
>>
>>376109735
Yea it finally got a few but I think the ports help push up the numbers since the recent releases were all also around things like Gravity Rush so it felt like it got a lot of games quickly.

But really still likely less than 2 dozen games for a console that has been out a few years. I'ld say may not even a dozen. I guess its not fair of me to expect a new PS1. That thing had so many games I still learn about new games I want to play on it even now.
>>
>>376109994
Ah I see where you're coming from. A PS1-like era is gonna be hard to come by.
>>
What a colossal failure the xbox one was. How can one company fuck up so bad?
>>
>>376109994

Actually we could get a PS1 again if publishers stopped chasing the PC-for-dummies meme and focused on pragmatic graphics budgets that doesn't break the bank for optimal graphics at sub-30 fps. Less bloated game budgets and dev teams means that the consoles could be competitive again with PCs by providing what they originally always had over PC, zippy original games that played well on their intended hardware.
>>
>>376103815
>Gen
Marketing is a powerful force.
>>
>>376110558
Is it?
Maybe we don't see any reason to own a Xbox One, but /v/ as a whole is just a small part of the market.
>>
>>376112443
Within the 50 or so people I know that play games only 1 of them owns an xbone.
>>
>>376112443
the store i work at has sold 1 xbox for every 5 playstations for the past 2 years
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.