[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It should have been better. But was MGS4 that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

File: mgs4.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mgs4.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
It should have been better.
But was MGS4 that bad?
>>
>>376103463
Yes
>>
No, 90% of the games /v/ calls bad or shit are merely just medicore or decent.
>>
>>376103463
better than mgsv
>>
>>376103762
Came here to post this
>>
>>376103463
On the whole it was bad, but that pic related was the best climax the MGS series could possibly ask for.
>>
>>376103463
>one is half-naked
>another is in armour
unfair, shit game
>>
>>376103463
The first section of MGS4 was great the other half not so much. perhaps it took itself too serious?
>>
>>376103808
it was good until you realized that it was just hamfisted in there to make it look cool when it was a completely stupid scenerio
>>
>>376103978
Thats the entirety of Metal Gear in a nutshell

The whole plotline happens because two retards couldn't pay attention
>>
>>376103850
One got fried up.

The other is in perfect condition.
>>
File: Rex vs Ray.jpg (486KB, 1920x790px) Image search: [Google]
Rex vs Ray.jpg
486KB, 1920x790px
>>376103463
It would have been the best in the series if all the acts were open stealth sections like the first 2. But no it's not bad. The story is messy but it was Kojima trying to end the series after leaving so many plot points open from MGS2 and 3, so give him a pass. Mechanics wise it's amazing. The only thing I think MGSV does better is having the sprint and CQC attack(not the holds tho) I'd just say that MGS4 is memorable. It has some of the best and worst moments in the series. I thought it was better than PW and MGSV which were very forgettable. I think the only moment in MGSV that was impressive was the opening, the second time you fight the man on fire and Sahelanthropus,.
>>
>>376104101
No, that's what was retconned in by the shit prequels and 4. MG1-MGS2 is a perfect story.
>>
>>376104738
No it wasn't.
>>
Is the inarticulate dork ITT right now?
>>
>>376104972
>Kojima-san planned it all from the beginning!
>m-muh ebin ruse!
>>
>>376103463
It wasn't bad at all.
>>
>>376103463
Aside from Eastern Europe it was great. MGSV is dogshit compared to it.
>>
MGS4 only gets worse the longer you reflect on it.

I mean it doesn't take that long to realize how dumb it is, you'll probably see all kinds of stupid shit you know is bad while you're playing. But it's still all downhill from there.
>>
>>376105040
I guarantee he planned the entire story about the patriots from the beginning. Big Boss always was meant to be one of their reluctant founders, no doubt. At least since MGS1.
Maybe the Boss was made after the fact, and obviously the specifics had to be filled out (the Philosophers etc.), but the Patriots being a failed attempt at a world-controlling group by Big Boss leading to the creation of out-of-control AIs dominating human culture was definitely in there from the beginning.
>>
I enjoyed it when I ditched stealth and started it on the lowest difficulty. Had a reason to actually use half the guns you get, and no penalty for killing or getting caught aside from the ending score.

I've never played MGSV, can anyone give me a reason as to why it's shit, as said by /v/? Is it even worth buying for cheap?
>>
>>376105876
Unfinished product.

Well worth the buy on sale.
>>
>>376105876
Unfinished otherwise damn good gameplay and great story. Fucking Konami
>>
>>376103463

The gameplay/cutscene ratio in MGS4 is completely unacceptable.
>>
>>376108259
you can skip cutscenes you know
>>
>>376103463
One of the few games I remember fondly from highschool. I loved it then and still like everything about it from the large weapon selection to the weird ipod with podcasts and downloadable music. The cutscenes were long but what did you expect from a metal gear game?
>>
>>376108368

Not the point mate. Plus, if you skip the cutscenes the game is literally 2-3 hours long.
>>
>>376109274
skip half of them then faggot
>>
>>376103463
MGS4 is one of my favourites in the series, i love how upset people get over the nanomachines, when that technology, soon after games release, was actively being researched. Continuing that 'meme' or whatever of "unbeleivable" real-life technology that isn't well known.

I can remember similar outrage over MGS3 and their hover patrol platform things, saying they were unrealistic as fuck. When in reality it was WW2 technology.

hell, same shit happened with MGSV "omg fulton balloons are a joke and unrealistic" 70's technology to retreive soldiers behind enemy lines.
>>
>>376103463
I played the series for the first time about 2 months ago via the Legacy collection (I'm very late to the party, I know) and I thoroughly enjoyed 4. Sure the cutscenes were a bit excessive at times, but they were entertaining to watch. Plus it was intended to be the end so it had to wrap everything up neatly.
>>
>>376104421
People hate MGS4 for it's long cutscenes, but MGS for me was always about the story and the gameplay and the gameplay in MGS4 was precise and an upgrade in almost every single way from MGS2 and 3 and that makes it so memorable for me.
People comparing the old against the new makes me question why and how, because one should never question a game that wasn't even released when talking about the game that came before it.
You can do the other way around though.
>Age of Empires I have so bad graphics compared to Age of Empires VII
It doesn't make sense.

I really (don't) wished KONAMI although fucked beyond recognition would port MGS4 to MGSV and put it in a MGS1-5 collection so it's not forever locked behind a dead console.
Better yet would be if the PS3 emulator could speed up so MGS4 isn't forever lost.
>>
>>376103754

Mediocre means bad though.

There are so many games coming out that unless you're in the top 0.1% of games, there's no reason for you to even exist.
>>
>>376105876
>Is it even worth buying for cheap?
I'd say so. It sort of fizzles out in the second half, it's story is unfinished, and the open world is dead as fuck outside of missions and side ops, but it has some of the best core gameplay in the series and I really enjoyed my first time through since I didn't get to it until way after the fact and kind of knew what to expect. I think a big part of why it got shat on so much was because of how massively hyped it was, especially on /v/.

Everyone went in expecting the world, and they didn't quite get that. As it stands though, it's a perfectly enjoyable game in it's own right. I still go back to it every now and then as a good game to play with a podcast or something on in the background.
>>
MGS4 had the best controls of the series.
Best customization too.
Why did 5 suck so much?
>>
>>376103463
The two hours where you actually got to play the game were pretty fun. The 14 hours where you just sat and watched, not so much.
>>
>>376103808
It's a shame Kojima forgot that the real fun of MGS was fighting human bosses after this.
>>
File: 1453207151356.jpg (144KB, 355x462px) Image search: [Google]
1453207151356.jpg
144KB, 355x462px
I liked it more than 2 and 5.
>>
the fact that you get to pilot Rex is underrated as fuck, don't know why people hate Act 4, it's the best part of it
>>
>>376114030
The REX vs RAY and final Ocelot fight are some of the top moments of the series. MGS4 might be sort of shit but it's at least got more iconic moments than PW and MGSV put together.
>>
>>376103463
Well, the multiplayer was pretty good.
>>
File: WASH AWAY THE ANGER.jpg (41KB, 611x625px) Image search: [Google]
WASH AWAY THE ANGER.jpg
41KB, 611x625px
>>376103463
it was more of an interactive action movie, I enjoyed it
>>
>>376109413

Again, not the point. Are you a complete idiot oorrr?
>>
>>376113185

This. This is what everyone knows makes MGS4 a joke, but pretends it doesn't matter.
>>
>>376103463
It was bad, worse than MGSV /v/s shitposting aside

But it wasnt bad because of the engine or gameplay, but rather the shite level design and continuous fucking movies. It was seriously just way too fucking much talking about the most pointless shit.
>>
>>376117626
>not the point
>too many cutscenes
>you control how many there are

?????????
>>
I really didn't like MGS 4, and that's after playing 1,2,3 and peace walker back to back. It stopped me from playing into MGS 5.

I tried getting into 5 but it makes you do a bunch of side shit to continue the story and I hate that.
>>
>>376117902
Is there any other way to get the information contained in the cutscenes then?
>>
>>376118245
The secret is that there is no story to MGS5. There are perhaps 6 total story missions.
The 5 with Sahalanthropus and Shining Lights, Even In Darkness.
>>
>>376111661
>I really (don't) wished KONAMI although fucked beyond recognition would port MGS4 to MGSV and put it in a MGS1-5 collection so it's not forever locked behind a dead console.
They're supposed to reveal something big for the 30th anniversary of Metal Gear. PS4/Xbone/PC ports of the entire saga would be lazy enough to expect them from modern Konami, and big enough to call them "something big".
>>
>>376119417
>information
Nanomachines. there you go.
>>
>>376117902
You can just skip the cutscenes is seriously not a valid argument.
The game becomes a disjointed fucking mess if you skip them.
>sneak through a hallway or something
>skip cutscene
>you are suddenly somewhere else entirely completely destroying any pacing the game had
>sometimes pressing skip only skips half a cutscene
>you have to skip the fucking ending cutscenes 7 or so times
>cant even skip the codec calls but only fast-forward them
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.