[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RED ASH

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 13

Remember the Mega Man Legends knockoff Inafune was making??

The anime finally dropped. Or leaked or something.

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av10271296/?from=search&seid=2143730960643426997

Things we've learned:
>Inafune really doesn't care what he makes.
>The Red Ash world is more like Avatar, people have magical powers.
>People are made of nanomachines
>This gives them magical powers
>People are turning nanorobot cicadas into bombs
>Beck and Tiger used to have a girl in their party, she presumably dead
>She's just a penguin.
>They don't fight any robots
>They barely even fight a car
>The world is more like Metal Max or Korra than Mega Man Legends, there's like no water and no space
>Beck might have a secret past ;);)
>Tiger, the Teisel clone, is nothing like Teisel. His nose looks awful.

I was really cautiously optimistic for this, but I just don't know anymore. Come in in, guys.
>>
>>376092769
Is interest in this completely dead?
>>
>>376093232
>Inafune
I dunno man, you tell me.
>>
>>376093232
Of course, the kickstarter had no info since July 30 and wasn't updated for months
>>
>>376092769
Is it better than nothing?
>>
>>376093367
>>376093419
That's fair.
>>376093447
It's a little worse than nothing. Everything centers around nanomachines and it's a lot more high-tech than Mega Man Legends and not in a very good way.

Their Teisel clone is also really boring.
>>
It is worth noting, however, that Beck is a slime girl.
>>
File: 1396984131067.png (93KB, 295x221px) Image search: [Google]
1396984131067.png
93KB, 295x221px
>>376093232
>Is interest in this completely dead?
It never existed.
>>
Pic related is Beck.
>>
lmao what the fuck
>>
Beck is made of slime. That is the only weapon he uses in this show.

>>376094179
You're right.
>>
>>376092769
At least the girl is kind of cute I guess?
>>
>>376094563
She redeems it. Slightly.
>>
So is this supposed to be something they pitch to investors or what?
>>
Who is this qt?
>>
>>376093232
That implies that it was ever alive.
>>
>>376093563
3D anime needs to stop trying to ape the tropes and cliches of 2D animation. It just looks and feels horrendous.
>>
>>376092769
Meh, it doesn't sound THAT stupid, specially by anime standards, but after MN9 I doubt people would want to give this a fair opportunity.
>>
>>376094870
No. This is the result of their anime Kickstarter. This is what people paid for.
>>376094940
The OP's Beck, the Nanohunter known as "RED ASH" because he can turn into pink goo.
>>376094687 is Call.
>>
>>376095131
You have to look at it from the context of Mega Man Legends, which is what people paid for. Does this look or sound like Mega Man Legends?
>>
File: DR LIIIGHT.png (1007KB, 1250x1359px) Image search: [Google]
DR LIIIGHT.png
1007KB, 1250x1359px
>>376092769
wait why is the anime/OVA getting a release before the main game is even out?
>>
>>376095276

Because Conman
>>
>>376095276
Because the anime actually met its funding goal. It's supposed to be a prequel to the main game, and covers how Beck and Call meet. Call is running from some assholes she owes a lot of money to and hops in Beck and Tyger's van.

I'm hoping this is a rough cut, but even as a rough cut it makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>376095216
No, not at all, but what were you expecting? A carbon copy of Legends story? that sounds even worse desu
>>
>>376092769
>Red Ash

More like Red ASS amirite
>>
>>376095135
Hope it was money well spent. It feels like they planned on people spending millions for both kickstarters

>>376095276
I think Studio 4C owns the IP now or something, Comcept isn't in the fucking credits at all.
>>
>>376092769
What game?
>>
>>376095593
I was expecting the kind of stylistic integrity Legends had. This has none of that.
>>
>>376095412
Why does she have to be so cute?
Inafune should stop trying to chase former glory and just embrace his waifu making ability. Even nuCompile was able to adapt.
>>
File: aichanmodel1.jpg (1MB, 1509x2338px) Image search: [Google]
aichanmodel1.jpg
1MB, 1509x2338px
>>376094687
Call is cute, but considering she's a knockoff of a knockoff, I can't be surprised they got that much right.
>>
Oh. This is still a thing huh?
>>
>>376095798
Was Yatterman Night good?
>>
>>376095912
I guess so you fat fuck.
>>
>>376095769
>>376095798
Some people just don't know their own talents.
>>376096043
It was pretty solid.
>>
>>376096045
That's a shame.
>>
https://twitter.com/redashgame

>last tweet: october 2015
>>
>>376095798
Considering how many waifus feel like knockoffs of knockoffs already I'd take Comcept waifus.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-18-06h41m05s159.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-18-06h41m05s159.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>376096043
I didn't watch it since "edgy reimagining of kid show" isn't what I dig in these sorts of things.

If you want, Time Bokan 24 came a couple of years later and is classic "there is no plot, here's dumb idiots being dumb and spouting dumb puns in dumb robots BUY THE TOYS". Crunchyroll even subbed the first season.
>>
>>376093563
>Everything centers around nanomachines and it's a lot more high-tech than Mega Man Legends
Implying.
All the high tiers in Legends are hopped up on nanomachines.
Even a servant unit can assimilate a massive airship if it's necessary.
>>
>>376092769
Any subtitles?
>>
>>376097253
No, only raw since nobody knows Red Ash exists. Mirrors should be made in case.
>>
>>376096803
>>376093563
trigger could 2010 himself into a babby, i doubt red ass could hope to achieve levels of magic science that stupid
>>
>>376095412
what the fuck they have the same names as mighty number 9?
>>
>>376094398

>Title of anime is Red Ash

>slime
>>
>>376098243
What the fuck Rock and Roll are in Mega Man and Legends?
>>
Looks boring desu
Like those 90s OVAs
And what the fuck with exposition subtitles all the time
>>
>>376098615
ah, i figured it was in a different universe

that's weird
>>
>>376097671
>Not being a machine so advanced that you can easily pretend to be a biological lifeform
Clearly you don't know the glory of nanomachines.
Just like skeletons, there are nanomachines inside all of us right now.
>>
>>376092769
Wasn't there a sketch last year of someone naked taking a bath in a barrel? Is that in this?
Shirtless Beck too?
>>
>>376098243
We'll never know why, nothing makes sense to anyone not Comcept.

It's frustrating though because the world in Red Ash looks nice in terms of character designs, but I guess we'll never know more about it because
>Outside of the 20 people in this thread likely no one else will ever know about this
>It will never get subtitles
>Both kickstarters were for funding the fucking prologues
And Comcept or Studio 4C probably wrote Red Ash off as a loss.
>>
>people pretending some anime butts redeem this pile of garbage
>>
>>376098615
The same reason Wily has a boat rental store.
Just ROLL with it.
>>
>>376092769
I could not believe that Inafune had the audacity to pull the kickstarter bullshit he did with Red Ash.
>>
Does Beck get shirtless?
>>
>>376098812
>you pretending it doesn't
literally what is seasonal harem anime. anime butts have the power to keep anything relevant
>>
>>376098921
Considering how much money they pulled in with MN9 wouldn't you try again in his shoes?
>>
>>376098675
The anime doesn't explain anything so the subtitles have to.
>>
>>376099010
Nope. No shota abs.
>>
>>376099110
Well fuck, do you know of any shota abs elsewhere?
>>
>>376099171
Not right off the bat. I think Shonen Jump is usually a safe bet.
>>
>>376099023
Except for Keijo.

F
>>
>>376099260
I was so looking forward to Beck, fuck them.
>>
File: 14723079440.jpg (804KB, 3840x1056px) Image search: [Google]
14723079440.jpg
804KB, 3840x1056px
>>376098812
You surprised? It's all /a/ cares about
>>
>>376099326
Sorry to disappoint as well but despite his appearance he isn't a beta either, or at least from what I can see since I don't know moon.

But the OVA ends on "to be continued" so one day you may get the abs you want if this becomes a manga or gets a series or some shit.
>>
>>376098769
The OP kind of got it, but let me clue you in to the world.

Everybody is made of nanomachines called Xels. 90% of the world is covered by a great desert, giant robots destroyed the world in a great war and their corpses and factories litter the land. There are advanced pieces of technology called Hanamaru Machines (lit. "Very Good Machines") that do magical things like provide teleportation services.

Because everybody is made of Xels, they all have unique magical powers. Some people can generate flames, others can turn invisible. They wear suppressors to keep their powers under control. Beck's power is turning into ashes. Fighting is illegal, though, cuz they don't want another planet killing war.

There are Xel animals called "Magicicadas" which are like holy grails. It's popular for Hunters (this world's version of Diggers) to find them and turn them in for the bounty. They're kind of like machine stem cells for some reason.

Call is in debt to these rich people so she's running away and trying to figure out what her ability is. It has something to do with the teddy bear she protects with her life. She says she doesn't really understand humans.

Beck and Tyger were part of a team of Hunters until their third partner, Lucy, was killed. It was all Tyger's fault, but Beck said he couldn't do anything either. There's a powerful, benevolent mega corporation. They're turning Magicicadas into neutron bombs. For some reason all of the employees are dressed like penguins.

The story ends with Tyger, Lucy, and Beck reuniting. Lucy was dressed like a penguin. There was a fight inside of a giant old machine between Beck and bounty hunters that had no real plot significance other than to reveal that the mega corporation is evil and the leader is a kid around 14 years old who only appears as a hologram. He turns on the sprinklers in his car (??????????) and Beck's arm melts.

1/2
>>
>>376099682
He doesn't look like a beta to me anyway.

Yeah i guess you're right, but Gunvolt was never shirtless so I doubt Beck would be either.
>>
>>376092769
Watching the beginning so far I don't mind it.
Not fond of the CGI but it doesn't look that bad in all honesty.
I sort of Like Beck and Call's design in this.
>>
It feels hard to care because it feels like there is no point in getting invested.
The prologue ova might be neat and all, but what of it? It's not going to get a standard 12~ something episode show or something is it?
And the game? It looked fucked from the start and even if they manage to throw out something, it's going to be completely neutered isn't it?

I feel like Red Ash has/had potential. But I also very much doubt anything will come out of it.
Is there still hope?
>>
>>376100091
>Is there still hope?
eh. I'd say this OVA is the gateway. If it does poorly then all hope is dead.
>>
>>376099868
For some reason, Beck can ignite parts of his body for flame attacks. Bullets pass harmlessly through his body, which can be completely turned into smoke and pass through objects and reshape itself into anything, but all he ever turns into is himself.

The world is more Trigun than Mega Man Legends, and it's really kind of baffling. Nothing is given any sufficient explanation, Tyger is literally just the driver - his special skill is super analysis.

There is absolutely no narrative structure to speak of. Nothing has any purpose.

It starts out with some exposition then cuts to a line of cars waiting to use the teleporter. A fight breaks out between two Nano-Race people and it's broken up by a stupid drone robot.

Call sneaks around some cars, evading her assailants and eventually hides in Tyger and Beck's car. They all use the teleporter machine and fly through a blue worm hole into a giant machine graveyard. Call thinks she can hear a magicicada. She jokes maybe it's her ability. They drive off to investigate and get in a fight with the Hunters chasing Call.

Beck fights them off by turning into ash - his name is Red Ash, and the leader of the mega corp has a boner for Red Ash - and kicking them. Call finishes them off by using a wrench lasso to tie them to some gears. They break free anyway.

The team teleports through another machine and finds themselves in the frozen north. They crash into a wall, and for some reason now they're running from penguin people inside some techno fortress where magicicadas are being turned into bombs. Then they duck into a side room, meet Lucy, cry, and for some reason Call thinks that means humans are amazing.

Everything is boring and ill explained and choppy.

I wanted to like it so bad.
>>
>>376099868
sounds interesting, can't wait to see comcept muck it up
>>
>>376100091
>And the game?
Let's take this one step at a time. Until now people forgot this even existed at one point after it's controversy.
>>
>>376100209
I guess I should mention some other things. The big drive of the Mega Corp and Hunters is to become Pure Race, which is a human with no nanomachines in their body. Lucy was basically Roll and Yuna mixed together. She built lots of stuff and left clues behind and wanted to fix the world.
>>
>>376094687
>>376094563
>People will defend shitty games/shows if it has a vagina in front of their faces
You faggots are the exact reason Inafune can get this far.
>>
>>376099868
>>376100209
>>376100401
Thanks.
>>
>>376100209
>Everything is boring and ill explained and choppy.
I'd say this is because they want to explain most of the answers in the game that most likely never happen. Which I find entirely understandable since this is supposed to be a Prologue of sorts.
They just wanna show you how what happened, happened and hope you wanna that gives you enough incentive to play the game.
>>
>>376099868
>>376100209
Thanks for the explanation, even though it really shows how little of a plot there is and even without subtitles you could probably take away from RA as much as someone who understands Japanese.

This really feels like though that they expected to get in enough crowd funded money to make a fully featured film, realized it wasn't going to happen, and just stitched together what they could. It's sad because there at least feels like there's something here and it really needs more care and attention, and I don't want this to end up as storyboards that are forever locked away in some box in a dusty attic.
>>
>>376100558
That's no excuse for shitty writing. You don't have to exposit an entire goddamn setting in a single 30-minute movie.
>>
>>376100558
Well no, I mean even in the prologue sense it's not even a story with resolution. Character motivations are weak and they contradict their personalities all the time, the world contradicts itself a lot... I don't know. It felt really rushed and poorly paced.
>>
>>376099341
>Cromartie anime
But manga was much better
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.