[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is Dark Cloud for the ps2. Say something nice about it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Dark_Cloud_PS2_Game_cover.jpg (26KB, 265x375px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Cloud_PS2_Game_cover.jpg
26KB, 265x375px
This is Dark Cloud for the ps2. Say something nice about it.
>>
>>376089607
It had some real fucking neato ideas.
>>
>>376089607
I've never played it but I can't assume its bad.
>>
Pretty fun, cool style and good music. I would like to play another game like it someday. I prefer it to the sequel.
>>
>>376089607
I want a spiritual successor for it, but 2 is more popular for all the wrong reasons.
>>
Dark Cloud is a great name for a game.
>>
>>376089607
It did a decent job tiding everyone over until FFX came out.
>>
Where, in the absolute fuck, is Dark Cloud 3? Every year it's apparently going to be announced.
>>
>>376089927
It's been made pretty clear this gen that Sony don't give a shit about commissioning their own JRPGs anymore.

Plus supposedly Level-5 and Sony's professional relationship was soured somewhat after WKC2 underperformed.
>>
>>376090037
>Plus supposedly Level-5 and Sony's professional relationship was soured somewhat after WKC2 underperformed
What were they expecting?
>>
>>376089607

I honestly think everything is good about it, except for weapon durability sometimes.

I like all of its aspects, including georama which is a great mechanic and encourages talking to all the NPC'd and learning more about them.
>>
>>376089607
I really like it, It's a shame Dark Cloud 2 ended up getting really boring and I couldn't finish it, but the first is super good and nostalgic to me
>>
I'm honestly just happy someone else has played it.
>>
>>376089607
You did well enough to warrant a second game that gave me a bizarre fetish for girls with pink hair.
>>
>>376089716
>>376089721
>>376090225
I was pretty indifferent to Dark Cloud and was planning on playing the sequel sometime because of all the praise it gets elsewhere.
What makes the sequel shit?
>>
>>376090208
Yeah I really loved that there was real chemistry between all the townsfolk and felt cohesive. Dark Cloud 2 can fuck off with that clunky follower system
>>
File: 1489718301301.jpg (138KB, 1344x715px) Image search: [Google]
1489718301301.jpg
138KB, 1344x715px
>>376090037
I'm still pissy that no one fucking bought Folklore and Sony subsequently abandoned the IP.

Celtic folklore is really, really underused in games.
>>
>>376090340
My guess,
Playable characters dropped from 6 to two, whiny lead, SUPAH KAWAII anime style, nothing made sense
>>
>>376090225
Toan mah boy because he never says a peep

Maximillian is the biggest faggot on the planet and playing as him makes me feel embarrassed, every time he opens his mouth I just want to kill him
>>
File: 2119237-0calypsotm2[1].jpg (28KB, 436x356px) Image search: [Google]
2119237-0calypsotm2[1].jpg
28KB, 436x356px
>>376089927
You want to play a game where you play a mute kid most known for his funny green hat, interacts with wacky and colorful NPCs, explores dungeons, fights the Divine Beast, and has to worry about his weapons breaking on him all the time?
>>
I have such fond memories of 1&2 I'm not sure if I wanna go back to them and have them turn out to be shit
>>
So /v/ hates Dark Cloud 2 now?
>>
>>376090618
we've come full circle

but does Link go to the moon?
>>
>>376090340
The sequel starts off very strong with one of the best game villains of all time, then you beat him and he fucks off for a really long time, then as >>376090403 was saying there are followers instead of real npcs and you unlock all of them 10% through the game then the rest is a grindfest aside from some fan service here and there
>>
should i buy 1 or 2 off of psn?
>>
>>376089721
we sort of got that in white knight chronicles with the personal town building but that's about it. shame they shut the online servers down.
>>
>>376089721
I associate a Dark Cloud 3 and Steambot Chronicles 2 in my head for some reason sequels that arent entirely impossible but i would hold my breath games
>>
>>376090837
Play one, then play two only if you really, really liked one. one really holds up well imo
>>
>>376089607
it was enjoyable when i was a wee lad
>>
>You can still wreck shit with a broken dagger
Fucking hell, I love this game.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.