[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the first good resident evil since 3.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_2818.jpg (122KB, 452x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2818.jpg
122KB, 452x640px
This is the first good resident evil since 3.
>>
File: pepe.jpg (46KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
46KB, 917x871px
>>376088226
>tfw you will never play through 3 for the first time again
why go on living?
>>
I think every 'phase' this series has gone through, from 1-3, to the action game set by 4 and this one has been good. I've always liked the way Resi has adapted and changed throughout the generations, its why its one of the few ps1 era franchises to still be strong to this day.

People who develop attachments to the various characters are retarded though. They are literally just vessels for the experience, who gives a fuck how "accurately" they capture Chris and Jill's nonexistant personality. There are people who are actually more concerned over whether the Chris at the end of VII is the real Chris, and that the Chris character isn't "sullied" by the depiction or story scenario, rather than worrying about whether the Not A Hero DLC will sufficiently add meaningful new scenarios or content to the base game. Chris could be a defector to Umbrella and a villain, I don't give a fuck, just make a good scenario.
>>
You are implying Code Veronica X was not good?
>>
>>376088226

Anything you guys think it could have done better or was missing?
>>
>>376090595

The Ship is pretty lackluster as far as setting and tedious gameplay. I would have much preferred a Swamp portion instead with little shacks and stuff kind of like you see before the Jack fight. It also would have felt like a more normal transition back to the house.
>>
>>376090595

Just make a fuller more fleshed out game. The engine and proof of concept obviously took up a lot of the devs time and the game ends up looking like an expanded demo. RE8 should dial all the concepts introduced in VII up to 11 and show what an expansive video game in the Re engine can be like. Done right and RE8 could be one of the best games made in a decade, which VII only teased at.
>>
>>376090595
>Include the reoccurring dog that was scrapped
>Have the mia/zoe thing mean something
>more enemy variety, molded roc, molded bear
>more puzzles
>rework ship,
>large lab, or just something other then salt mines.
>>
File: 1463694996754.jpg (76KB, 708x718px) Image search: [Google]
1463694996754.jpg
76KB, 708x718px
>>376088226
>>
>>376089831
Leon tho
>>
>>376091426

Good suggestions all, especially the enemy thing. I hate that there are literally 5 enemies in the entire game.
>>
>>376092179
What about him?
>>
Code Veronica was good and RE4/the Revelations games were good for the over the shoulder formula. RE7 is the best form the series has been in since 3, sure, but it's not the first good one since.
>>
>>376090595
The biggest issue was lack of enemy variety. Other than the bakers and the tar zombies (forgot what they were called), there wasn't really much, which was kinda dissapointing. I honestly can't wait for RE8, they have such a good start to something new with this game.
>>
>>376093546

The only enemies in the game were

Regular Molded
Fast Molded
Armor Molded
Fat Molded
Bugs

Which yeah, is sad.
>>
>>376093546

I was pretty disappointed with the level design myself. The mansion and ship had the right ideas but even they felt half-baked as supposed returns to the classic formula. I want winding passageways on par with the Spencer mansion or the Raccoon City police department again. Coincidentally I think the Queen Zenobia from Revelations was very much heading in the right direction but the progression of the game sequenced out exploration in a way that squandered the potential. You can play the final mission of Raid Mode though and get to explore the ship proper and it kind of does feel like a true classic RE environment when the game actually lets loose with it.
>>
>>376093975
Eh, I didn't mind it much. The Mansion actually felt like a real house, instead of a crazy monster maze. I do hope to see something like the PD in RE8, I think an urban setting would be really cool.
>>
>>376094163

It's funny you say that considering you can actually find a receipt for the shadow puzzle installations and a journal entry justifying the dog head lock in the mansion. RE7 did go out of its way to justify some of its more ridiculous concepts. Hell, just having a character like Lucas around makes having that sort of silly classic RE design feasible because he would definitely build that kind of shit.
>>
>>376093975

I'm ok with the Mansion because making it overly complex like in 1 only serves to add backtracking and a lot of artificial padding. The house felt more natural this way and I think what they should have done was add maybe a third house and have more interaction between the houses.
>>
>>376094376

At the very least they should've done more with the themed keys. Each door should've had an area at least as big as the second floor of the old house. Yes, it does well for having a realistic interior design but it's a video game, man. Go nuts with it. I was pretty sad to finally unlock the snake key doors and find a couple of rooms with a minor puzzle each. I really feel like they could've done more with it.
>>
>>376094749

It feels like maybe they had to hurry up as they went on, because the Scorpion Key that you get first does open up a ton of new area to explore (at least on Madhouse) and so as they got later they got less creative.
>>
File: re7-mia-zoe.jpg (320KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
re7-mia-zoe.jpg
320KB, 1920x1080px
So you did pick the best girl right?
>>
>>376088226
I recently played my first RE game, REmake on my GameCube and it was one of the best games I've ever played.
What others ones should I play?
>>
>>376096381

>Must Play
Code Veronica

>Should Play
Zero

>You CAN play

>If You Really Need More
All the other spinoffs
>>
File: image.jpg (18KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18KB, 511x288px
>>376096004
Of course! Mia AKA the girl that did nothing wrong is the only right choice!
>>
>>376088226
CV, Outbreak, 4, 5, 6 were all good...

7 is pretty damn good though. Atmospherically I think it's the best since 1-3.
>>
>>376096478
Alright thanks, looks like I'll give 2 a shot next. Is it better than REmake in terms of atmosphere?
>>
>>376096580

Atmosphere it's hard to say since it's very different and much more varied. In general though it improves on nearly everything about the first.
>>
>>376096004
if course i picked zoe
>>
File: 1329536490474.jpg (104KB, 515x515px) Image search: [Google]
1329536490474.jpg
104KB, 515x515px
>>376096693
>>376096480
>>
4 is a fucking amazing game, and anyone who says otherwise is actually a contrarian.
Wanna know why? Any game that is still playable and fully enjoyable more than 10 years after it's release is a fantastic game.

For example, Assassins Creed II hasn't aged very well, and thus isn't an amazing game. It looks awful, plays pretty horribly and runs like ass on consoles as well as having gameplay improvements down the line that aren't in II, like the Hookblade
By comparison RE4 rus great on everything, plays very well and looks amazing even to this day, more than 10 fucking years after it came out. Also it's incredibly well paced and despite being ancient by third person shooter standards it still controls well enough to play
Time will tell if 5 has aged the same, but I don't think it will have.
>>
>>376096914
I agree that on it's own it's an excellent game, but I do also respect the opinions of the people who resent the fact that it threw away a lot of what made the series what it is in favor of a more action based easily accessible model.
>>
>>376093647
See, the variety of enemies didn't really bother me because it was such a short game. And as much as that is a bad thing for some, it is a breath of fresh air after RE6. I don't hate RE6, but that game was LONG and didn't have that many enemies either. The learning curve was pretty quick, but then you still had 15+ hours of gameplay... and that's not including the replays you'd do for collectibles and difficulties and speed runs.

Resident Evil 7 had a great length, a great learning curve, and great replayability.
>>
>>376097229
I do as well. Ultimately it comes down to me getting autistic if they say RE4 is bad. It isn't bad, it's just not really RE.
Granted, RE4 was originally gonna be DMC, so it would have been extremely entertaining to be in a timeline where the games go from 3 survival horror games into one incredibly awesome stylish shooter.
>>
>>376097352
I agree the length was about right, especially since Madhouse mode changes things just enough to make it feel like an almost fresh run through.
>>
>>376096914
What >>376097229 said. I do think Resident Evil 4 was an excellent installment, and I have no complaints for it. But I do feel like it led to Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 being the way they were. At the same time, I think 4 has more in common with 7 than 4 has with 5 or 6.

Only issue I have with 4 is that it's made an army of Leon lovers who feel any character beside other than him is trash.
>>
>>376088226
Beat it yesterday and was glad I got past the initial negative reception I was hearing. Pre-ordered it and heard bad shit so I canceled my pre-order and got Tales of Berseria instead, but eventually got an itch to play it so I picked it back up. As much as I loved 4, and enjoyed 5 with a friend, it was the most 'Resident Evil' game I had played since 3. My biggest complaint was lack of enemy variety, though I really liked the boss fights, and was very surprised how well the combat fit in first person.
>>
>>376097473
>beside other than him
WHY IS MY ENGLISHNESS NOT BE UNDERSTANDING!?!
>>
File: 1403703854498.jpg (4KB, 261x195px) Image search: [Google]
1403703854498.jpg
4KB, 261x195px
>>376088226
Dear journal
Today, OP was not a fag.
>>
>>376097473
Leon is now the definition of Mary Sue. In 2 people liked him because he was the fresh faced rookie thrown into something way over his head and in 4 he's suddenly John Rambo Bruce Wayne Muhammad Ali James Bond.
>>
>>376097426
Madhouse was probably the best aspect of this game. Playing Madhouse, I felt like Capcom got exactly what mad Resident Evil great. It made the enemies more of a threat and more unpredictable. It made each encounter with an enemy a decision of "Do I use my ammo to take it out, do I fight up close and risk using healing items, or do I risk running around it entirely."

It made you think and plan out like a survivor. It made most moments in the game a thoughtful, exciting moment, and I loved it.
>>
The garage and chainsaw fights were honestly great. I wish there were more fights like that in the game. It's like a battle encounter in a classic point and click adventure, where the solution is key item / puzzle based, revitalized and made much less illogical than those games since it's more cinematic driven.
>>
>>376097584
>Mary Sue.
You don't understand the term. If you accept the context of the universe Leon being the badass he is is perfectly explained, if anything RE2 would be the Mary Sue version of Leon then 4. In 2 he was a fresh faced rookie, in 4 he was a man that survived impossible odds in an unprecedented viral outbreak, that then went on to become a highly trained government agent who had seen a lot more shit than just the events of Raccoon city and 4 (like his mission with Krauser.)
>>
>>376097584

I liked that development but only as a one-off gimmick. None of the characters are interesting enough to have narrative attention dedicated to and it was a mistake to make a bizarre continuous anime cast out of a bunch of characters who were in spirit a random lot of people thrown into an overwhelming situation. Even if the series has made a thing out of recurring characters I will always think it to be more true to the RE spirit to have new characters thrown into overwhelming scenarios.
>>
>>376097840
I really liked the garage fight for the fact it had two solutions, and so few games have that in them.
>>
>>376097840
I will admit, that's what threw me off with Marge's boss battle. I thought there was going to be a trick to it, but no, she just had to eat enough bullets.

Final Jack wasn't bad though. I don't think a lot of people caught onto the fact that you could use those blue grenades with the grenade launcher to poison him and slow him down so you can aim at his eyes better.
>>
>>376097786
Except for the last Jack fight which was "Hope you have all the unlockable defense items or about 30 Med Kits and 100 rounds of ammo"
>>
>Jack will never welcome you to the family with a nice warm fist to the face
Why even go on
>>
>>376098009
Is it changed in the Madhouse difficulty drastically in terms of design or does he just turn into a bullet sponge?
>>
>>376088226
Why do I only see the "re3 was better than 4 " meme on /v/?
Is it an inside joke I'm not aware of?
>>
>>376089831
Yeah, don't really get why some fans got autistic over how Chris looked at the end of 7. His look hasn't been consistent since the first game. But then again, I remembered this is the same fanbase who couldn't tell that was Ada Wong tossing Leon the rocket launcher at the end of Resident Evil 2.
>>
>>376098138

It plays the same, he's just a sponge and hits like a truck. He'll kill you in three hits even when blocking and each eye takes no joke about 15 rounds from the Albert.
>>
>>376090468
Some fans have a hate boner for Code Veronica, even though it's probably one of the best of the series.
>>
>>376098176
Wasn't capcom's explanation that the RE5/6 look didn't translate over well to the more photorealistic look of RE7 so they just went back to a matured RE1/CV look?
>>
>>376098009
To be fair, up to that point, I was saving grenade and magnum ammo just for that point. I pistol and shotguned his eyes, had about 6 meds, and both defense items.

Honestly, Final Jack is the REAL final boss of this game. Eveline is practically a cinematic boss battle.

>>376098138
When I played, once I took out all of his eyes, it took me to the final round. Then I just used an ice grenade to slow him down, used all the magnum shots I saved up, and he was down for the count.
>>
>>376098273
>Eveline is practically a cinematic boss battle

You mean literally a cinematic boss battle.
>>
>>376098176
>>376098258
So has Capcom confirmed that it is indeed the Chris Redfield we know and love? And not some... 'Redfield' evil clone or some villain taking his name?
>>
>>376098208
>15 rounds from the Albert.
Jesus fuck, that would be tedious just because of albert's small magazine.
>>
>>376098320
You had to do some damage at the start. Once she throws you out of the house, then yes, we're full cutscene.
>>
>>376098386
Well sure but even in the house she has basically no attacks and doesn't do anything.
>>
>>376098325
From what I understand yes it is Redfield, and they just explained his changed look to be the translation to RE7's art direction compared to his meathead look in 5/6/that new movie. I also think there was some lore released with a Jap promotional collectible that explained that the "new" umbrella is a reformation of the old company to atone for its past sins. It would explain why the real Chris Redfield is working for them as some sort of anti-BOW team mercenary.

One of the things I liked but also hated was the ambiguity of this unnamed pharmaceutical company that created the Mold and the games general connection to the overall RE lore.
>>
>>376098503
>One of the things I liked but also hated was the ambiguity of this unnamed pharmaceutical company that created the Mold and the games general connection to the overall RE lore.

You mean Tentsu?
>>
>>376098461
No joke, during one of my Easy Mode 3-box-use runs, I thought, "I only have pistol ammo on me. Maybe I can use my remote bombs!" She chomped my ass in two. I didn't know that's how you die with her!

>>376098503
Oh, okay. I always liked his meathead look, but I can deal. It's not like Chris has looked consistently the same in every game he's been in.

I wonder if that ambiguity will be cleared up in 'Not a Hero'.
>>
>>376098530
>You mean Tentsu?
I don't think that is actually canon yet, though either way what does it have to do with the overall Biohazard canon?
>>
>>376098503

A Japanese bioweapon company. It seems like a great setup for a RE8. Imagine a Japanese street district RE in the RE engine, in the spirit of RE3. Would cum buckets.
>>
File: Tentsu_case.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tentsu_case.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>376098778
>I don't think that is actually canon yet

Hmmm?
HMMMMMMMM
>>
>>376098834
Stop being pedantic over the least important part of the issue. The company could be called dick suckers incorporated, doesn't make it any more or less relevant to RE.
>>
>>376098928
>How does this company in an official RE game have anything to do with RE lore?
>>
>>376098825
I think the closet connection it has to the overall RE story is the anti-BOW team Wesker created in CV consulted with the company.
>>
>>376098969
Yes the question is how does an unnamed, and never before mentioned international pharmaceutical company fit into a story about secret B.O.W. weapons research where several companies and corporate conspiracies have been named and implicated in international incidents.
>>
>>376088226
>practically no enemy variety
>lazy enemy designs
>half-assed "choice"
>no bonus mode(s) on launch
>first person
>>
>>376099231

Well play the sequel.
>>
>>376099231
Err the action games kinda shows that after the "fall" of umbrella kinda everyone can find/create a BOW..."Tentsu" is just another company like tricell
>>
>>376099694
But everything after the "fall" of umbrella was basically shit stolen from umbrella, or people who were apart of umbrella furthering its goals under a different name. At least from what I remember in RE7 Mold was created, while maybe in competition with, completely independent of the progenitor virus. My point is while it does fit withing the worlds themes of B.O.W's and viral outbreaks, it doesn't explain what it adds to it. RE7, other then some cameos and nods to the other games, could have been a reboot for as much as we know it fits into the worlds timeline.
>>
File: Bayonetta Ending.gif (1MB, 250x160px) Image search: [Google]
Bayonetta Ending.gif
1MB, 250x160px
>>376099970
>They didn't explain everything in detail and left some things to mystery so now I'm MAD about it
>>
>>376099579
>first person
How is that a bad thing at all?
>>
>>376100030
>so now I'm MAD about it
>>376098503
>One of the things I liked but also hated was the ambiguity
Its almost like you can enjoy an open ended narrative, but still be frustrated by it.
>>
>>376100192
So you admit you are mad. I accept your apology.
>>
>>376099579

The first person worked actually.
>>
>>376099970
H.C.F helped created Eveline you know,that mistérious company wesker worked for a while in Code:Veronica.

Soo yeah you can say in one way or another umbrella helped create the mold
>>
>>376100287
If it will help you cope with your lack of reading comprehension then yes I apologize to you anon.
>>
>>376100443
>Soo yeah you can say in one way or another umbrella helped create the mold
Wesker's stake in Umbrella was ambiguous since the first RE though, he was always a double agent working towards his own means. H.C.F. IIRC was officially a organization created by a direct Umbrella competitor.
>>
It's good. If you didn't play in VR I pity you.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.