[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this one a good start in the smt franchise ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Is this one a good start in the smt franchise ?
>>
>>376087914
It's good, easier and shorter than most of the others. It plays a bit dated though, and is more comparable to early smt than persona or post-nocturne megaten
>>
>>376087914

SMT IV is your start
>>
I wouldn't say so, it's got different mechanics than most of the other games. It's fairly unique as far as SMT is concerned.
>>
>>376087914
No unless they patched the constant crashing
>>
>>376088059
>unique
Only if you compare it to the PS2 and onwards era games.
It's par on course with the SNES and PS1 ones and even Strange Journey which is a Devil Summoner game in disguise.

>>376087914
You can safely start with this if you don't mind it being dated compared to modern entries, since it's an enhanced port of a PS1 port of a Saturn game.

If you want something more modern, SMT4 is the one you want (NOT Apocalypse, that's not a re-release of SMT4, it's a sequel).
>>
>>376088217
I've played SMT1 and SJ and neither games share much in common with soul hackers. Hell I'm honestly baffled how you think SJ is anything like it considering it's a standard SMT game other than co-op.
>>
>>376088472
Pretty sure you're just on the spectum.
>>
It's a fun game.
>>
I've gone through SMT4, 4A, about to do Devil Survivor next, have Nocturne downloaded, should I do Soul Hackers?
>>
>>376088535
Your demons won't fuck off if they don't like you.
You aren't constantly losing macca for walking with demons out,
Your demons actually level up instead of not gaining experence,

Soul hackers has a ton of things that are fairly unique into itself.
>>
>>376088802
yes
>>
>>376087914
Great game but a terrible starting point, I'd go for SMT IV instead
>>
>>376088840
>Soul hackers has a ton of things that are fairly unique into itself.
Literally, LITERALLY, all of those things are present in SMT1, SMT2, SMT If... and Devil Summoner with the exceptions of demons leaving if they don't like you (you simply can't summon them at all instead).
>>
>>376087914
So since I just finished Persona 5 should I replay Persona 3, finish SMTIV, replay Nocturne or finish the optional bosses in DDS1 and then start DDS2? About to venture off on a serious SMT kick
>>
>>376087914
Great game. Fuck the final boss though
>>
>>376089036
finish SMTIV, optional bosses in DDS1, then start DDS2.
>>
>>376089036
finish the games you haven't beaten.
>>
>>376089084
Seems like a solid choice, I like SMTIV but sometimes it feels like a slog to play, I wish it wasn't on a handheld. Suppose that's how I'll be forced to buy a Switch some day
>>
>>376087914
No, Nocturne is. Persona 3 or Digital Devil Saga are also good starting points but those aren't SMT. If you play the older ones first, you can appreciate the QOL in the later ones.
>>
IV or Strange Journey.
Soul Hackers or I if you like oldschool rpgs.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.