[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do i expect

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: pwaat.jpg (39KB, 480x234px) Image search: [Google]
pwaat.jpg
39KB, 480x234px
what do i expect
>>
The second game to be the worst and the third to be the best

leave before everyone tells you who killed who
>>
You ever felt the satisfaction of catching someone in a lie?

Ace Attorney captures that feeling in video game form.
>>
Expect to figure shit out early and wait for the game to catch up with you as you walk through the steps on how to present the evidence in the proper context.

Also expect to be fucking clueless when the game is expecting you to know what it wants based on vague hints.
>>
Gumshoe killed Edgeworth's father.
>>
>>376082308
I thought it was some faggot in an elevator
>>
>>376082014
It was crazy how both of these were problems despite being opposites
Was it localization or was it like that in Japan?
>>
>>376082397
Some of the solutions were complete bullshit in the way they were hinted
fucking metal detector how the fuck was I supposed to know it would find a bullet
>>
>>376081845
Inferior spritework, all the in-between frames for eyes and mouth flaps are gone in Trilogy version.
DS: Eyes open, eyes half-open, eyes closed, mouth open, mouth half-open, mouth closed
3DS/Trilogy: Eyes open, eyes closed, mouth open, mouth closed

Other than that, Trilogy has fixes for translation (typos and spacing). The sprites are sharper/more detailed but I wouldn't say they necessarily look better due to the original artwork for AA1-3 being honestly pretty meh as they were GBA games, and the sprites just looked better in lower resolution.
Trilogy also uses soundtrack from the Wii version which is basically cleaner sounding than the DS one.
>>
>>376082014
Honestly that only TRULY applies to AA2 which is the one most guilty of literal horseshit. Including the "instant deaths" in last case straight out of a 80s CYOA gamebook.
>>
File: 1487807161531.png (199KB, 396x577px) Image search: [Google]
1487807161531.png
199KB, 396x577px
When does the next case happen?
>>
>>376083386
What was the last one?
Also, there are no ladders on that picture, only stepladders.
>>
>>376081845
Reminder that the first game has four cases. The "5th case" is actually a wrapup to the trilogy that should be played after the rest.
>>
>>376081845
The single greatest vidya experience of your life
>>
>>376081957
Except in AA when you catch someone in a lie, they get BTFO'd while in real life people will just weasel out of it every time.
>>
>>376083540
>lying this fucking hard
Please kill yourself, 5th case is literally chronologically set before events of AA2.
>>
Great music, furious finger waving, a parrot, waifus, and a bumpy ride full of fantastic cases interspersed with mediocre filler.
>>
>>376081845
An ugly version of some fantastic looking games
Srsly though just download the DS roms on your phone for the superior version
>>
File: 1417223426473.png (310KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
1417223426473.png
310KB, 580x282px
>finish playing through 2-4 on Trilogy
>wonder how the game is going to top it for its fifth case
>find out that 2-4 is the finale and JFA only has four cases
>>
>>376084536
JFA isn't called the worst game in the franchise for nothing.
4 cases, 3 of which are basically the worst in the series, overrated 4th case, no 5th case, soundtrack is meh compared to it's uneven numbered brothers, the most amount of stale memes, it's just a meh game.
>>
>>376084769
I mean, I know that the first game only had four cases in the initial release, but you could remove 1-5 and still have a decent and cohesive story. JFA's plot, on the other hand, felt disjointed as fuck.
>>
>>376083454
It was the Goodman case. I'm still furious about that cuck Wright weaseling his way out of that one. H-he can't keep getting away with it, guys...
He mistreated my poor Edgy-poo...
>>
>>376085187
I think most of 2 was just literally unused ideas from 1 with a new prosecutor. Only 2-4 was clearly created as a cohesive part of the story. Then again, 2-4 is fucking out of this world. Doesn't save the game, but it's still fun.
>>
Expect to lose alot or get lost on Rise from the ashes
>>
first game was okay

second game was "meh" until the last case

third game sucked because it put the shitty spirit maiden plot line in the main focus, the new characters connected to that plotline sucked, and you had to deal with the same shitty killer in three cases (who gets away with murder inc case 1 and 4 of the 3rd game)
>>
>>376084536
Still worth going through to enjoy Trials and Tribulations at it's fullest.
>>
>>376083386
Rise from the Ashes took place in February but The Lost Turnabout isn't until September of this year.
>>
>>376084769

I thought that was Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney?
>>
>>376085942
Apollo is all mediocre to borderline good cases.
JFA is all the worst cases with 1 very good, but flawed and overrated one. Thus Apollo wins by average.
>>
>>376083386
>>376085896
Oh wait never mind, I forgot Lost happens after.

Here's the full schedule for JfA
>June 19: Reunion, and Turnabout
>September 8: The Lost Turnabout
>December 28: Turnabout Big Top

Then another whole three months before Farewell in March.
>>
File: 1465132730361.png (157KB, 256x352px) Image search: [Google]
1465132730361.png
157KB, 256x352px
I find it fascinating that almost literally every case Wright has defended has had the true killer as a "witness" in court.

That's some uncanny luck, right there.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.