[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this shit actually good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1494023456127.jpg (154KB, 640x731px) Image search: [Google]
1494023456127.jpg
154KB, 640x731px
Is this shit actually good?
>>
>>376075920
Nope. The WKC games are exactly why Sony don't commission exclusives from Level 5 anymore.
>>
>>376075920
Definition of mediocrity. Neither good nor bad.
Also all postgame/a lot of side content is literally inaccessible forever since it was locked behind always-online portion of the game.
>>
>>376076153
this
I loved the OST, it's fucking good
main characters are a bunch of retarded dumbfucks and I disliked using them and leveling them
I liked the places too
if you wanted to do anything postgame you better have a bunch of friends playing this game
>>
>>376077374
>if you wanted to do anything postgame you better have a bunch of friends playing this game
Even friends won't help because the servers were literally shut down, you can't connect even if you wanted to.
>>
>>376075920
No, it's a legitimately awful game. Avoid at all costs.
The only enjoyment I got out of this piece of shit was giving my player insert a beard and making him look as old as possible while stuck in his prepubescent JRPG hero body.
>>
>>376077494
damn didn't know that
rip wkc
>>
File: 2cd4fb78d621a2f8cc520eee2af1998a.jpg (131KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
2cd4fb78d621a2f8cc520eee2af1998a.jpg
131KB, 1200x900px
>>376075920
It's an average JRPG. You can do better but also a lot worse, especially last gen. The knights are aesthetically beautiful though. They deserve to be in a better game like a sequel to Legend of Dragoon

>>376076001
Damn, that must be why Ni No Kuni 2 is exclusive to PS4.
>>
>>376077627
>Damn, that must be why Ni No Kuni 2 is exclusive to PS4.
That's just Level-5 having basic business sense. Why bother porting it to the consoles that nobody in Japan owns? A Switch version might happen, but there's no reason for them to bother with the Xbone or Wii U.
>>
>>376075920
It's like the PS3 version of Beyond the Beyond or any other generic as fuck JRPG.
>>
>>376075920
I remember wanting something like Escaflowne and I didn't get it.
>>
>>376078276
Shit, I actually revoke my comment on the exclusivity of NNK2 for PS4. Apparently, a PC version of NNK2 was announced at the start of this year like with Ace Combat 7.
>>
>>376077627
>Damn, that must be why Ni No Kuni 2 is exclusive to PS4.
*Also available on PC
Sonyggroni.
>>
>>376078685
2late faget
>>
>>376076001
Ni no kuni wrath of the white witch came out after white knight chronicles 2
>>
>>376079428
There is a DS version with better combat
>>
>>376079521
Thanks for reminding me to check the fantranslation status of the DS version, last time it was 90% complete.
>>
>>376079842
https://gbatemp.net/threads/ni-no-kuni-translation-eng.373770/page-26
Well seems like they're done with translation and are now in testing phase.
>>
File: larvayne.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
larvayne.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>376075920
Loved it, but it has severe issues.
The first one has horrid combat and no conclusion for the story. It just ends in the middle of it.
Second one has better combat and finally a conlusion for the main party's story, but the avatar's own story, which was a series of online quests, never made it to the west.
Both have no online support anymore, due to the publisher for the west shutting down the servers as soon as the contract allowed it and since the online questing was the real meat of the game, the game has almost no value anymore.
I can't recommend it if you aren't into giant medieval robot knights fucking shit up.
If you do feel like buying it, know that the second game comes with an updated version of the first one included.
>>
WKC is shit. I tried on four separate occasions to get into the game but after an hour or two I would drop it every time. It's just too boring. The boss fights are the definition of artificial difficulty, and the entire story is essentially

>the princess is in another castle!

Stay far away from both games.
>>
>>376081269
After a maximum of only 8 hours of gameplay, you got to a boss difficult enough to consider it "artificially difficult". Seriously, fuck off and don't repeat shit you read on reddit.
>>
>>376081269
>The boss fights are the definition of artificial difficulty
It's not like the game is literally built around co-op multiplayer or anything.
>>
>>376075920
Title sounds like a chronic of the ten last years.
>>
>>376081381
No you fuck off. The bosses were obnoxiously difficult health sponges.
>>
>>376081269
>The boss fights are the definition of artificial difficulty
I hope you are not talking about the first game, because that one had zero difficulty. Total walk in the park from start to finish.
>>
>>376075920
Fuck no. I got it free and still regretted my time wasted
>>
>>376081746
The first game had some annoying fucking boss battles, especially if you were playing the game for the first time.
>>
>>376075920
The game is about 28 hours long.
>>
>>376081821
You get a knight like 30 mintues into the story and those guys were so ridiculously overpowered in the first game that you could just summon your knight, switch control to another character and then go make yourself a sandwich while the ai murders everything. First game had no difficulty at all.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.