[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New SWAT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1798.jpg (238KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1798.jpg
238KB, 1300x1300px
I swear to god I'm not crazy but didn't some anon post a trailer for a new SWAT game the other day?
>>
you mean not-SWAT
http://voidinteractive.net/developer-blog-01-teaser-and-beyond/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gd139Nin33M
>>
>>376071893
>>376071895
Thanks for the spoon feeding anons
>>
File: idiot.jpg (66KB, 848x647px) Image search: [Google]
idiot.jpg
66KB, 848x647px
>>376071895
Looks like fresh 'Early Access' scam fodder.
>>
>>376071895

Wait a minute

Isant there another game calling it self a SWAT 5 too?
>>
Is Swat 4 still a thing?

how hard is it to setup a lobby / LAN for co-op?
>>
>>376073516
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DY6BdIUPVwY

Here we go
>>
File: 1322615842122.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1322615842122.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
How long do you think this will go before it gets cancelled.
>>
>>376073442
What happened to Pat from Two Best Friends?
>>
>>376073619
Very easy
>>
I fucking hope Ready Or Not is good and delivers on all its listed features. We need another tactical shooter. It looks like it has actual gameplay if you look at what files are uploaded on their site so even if it barely has any content right now there's at least a working prototype.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (130KB, 637x363px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
130KB, 637x363px
>Visceral gore
>Deaths need to be impactful to the end user and we’re committed to providing an experience like no other. If characters in the game are hit, parallax bullet holes spawn on flesh, and blood will then seep out into surrounding fabrics. A gory bullet hole also becomes an emitter, as individuals who knock their wounds onto objects create a small splatter, based on bone velocity. In the future, we plan to implement an entire bodily destruction system.

That doesn't read like someone who wants to create a serious SWAT game. That reads like someone trying to entice teenagers to their dude-bro shooter.

>We hope you stick with us through our journey

Keep those buxx flowing for never ending Early access.
>>
>>376074053
>implying detailed blood and gore isn't something you would want in a SWAT simulation
>especially one that looks like it's going to be tackling stuff like school shootings and human trafficking
Also nice job picking one thing out of their large list of features, like detailed item usage, detailed ballistics rendering, analog leaning, analog door opening, adjusting movement speed with the mouse wheel, having a planning phase, and damaged body parts affecting gameplay.
>>
>>376074598
>listing things that will never happen
>>
>>376075184
>I'm going to cherrypick one section of their features and complain about it then say that the others will never happen when someone brings them up
>>
>>376074053
I still don't want to play your bare boned Counter-Strike you fucking kike.
>>
>>376073687
more like what happened to Louis CK
>>
>>376075390
The "cherry picked" feature will never happen either. But it's there purely for the shitheads who will go "Wooooow! Gorey details!!!1"
>>
>>376076643
What happened to Bill Burr?
>>
>>376077876
Why would you not want good looking blood and gore in a simulation game where you shoot people?
>>
>>376078118
Because it's far down the list of making a good SWAT game.

Far down.
>>
>>376073624
>this one actually has gameplay footage

Nice
>>
>>376078430
That doesn't mean it can't be in the game. Especially since that along with everything else that I mentioned are apparently "current" features, so they're already implemented. The full body destruction stuff is going to be added in the future they say. But I don't even know what this argument is about since you don't believe them anyway.

>>376078614
Ready Or Not seems to have small snippits of gameplay. I hope they release an actual gameplay trailer soon though because I want to see all their "current" features in action.
>>
>>376078743
>small snippits of gameplay
I can't think of a time game devs hid their gameplay and it still turned out to be a good game, that's all
>>
>>376078819
The game was literally announced with a teaser 2 days ago. Plenty of games have teasers. And they're not hiding anything, some of the snippets of gameplay are in a montage on the main page of their site. There's even what looks like gameplay in their teaser trailer.
>>
>>376079080
What games have they made before this?

What publisher are they working for?
>>
>>376077975
looks nothing like bill burr
>>
>>376079192
>a game can't be good unless it's made by an experienced team with publisher backing
Well, you've convinced me anon. I'll just go back to play SWAT 3 since a good SWAT game is never going to be made again and RoN is clearly going to be garbage.
>>
File: YOU'RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg (54KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
YOU'RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg
54KB, 320x240px
>>376079410
>I'll just go back to shilling this indie shite

You have to be a fucking mongoloid to keep eating the shit these people spill out.
>>
>>376079530
I agree with you, anon. Maybe I'll go play Bethesda™'s Prey™ in the meantime. The millions of dollars of publisher money backing it makes it especially fun.
>>
>>376079410
>can't be good unless it's made by an experienced team

As much as nobody said that, I kinda gotta agree.
>>
>No game looks good
>If you like a game, you are a shill

Never change /v/
>>
>>376079410
>>a game can't be good unless it's made by an experienced team
Well yes. I don't believe this will ever be as good as Swat4 if it's just literal WHOs doing it. At best it'll be another fun diversion like door kickers.
>>
File: ChrisMugshot.jpg (64KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
ChrisMugshot.jpg
64KB, 480x600px
http://www.groundbranch.com/

...Seven years later.
>>
>>376080134
>ground branch

That's never coming out. Even other indie teams have popped up and created working games in the time it takes these guys to make an update that doesn't really improve anything. I so wanted ground branch to be good but they've fucked it all up and barely moved forward in years.

Is it time to give up on them yet?
>>
I hope to fuck ready or not is successful
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.