[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Older games are objectively better because reasons.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 965.gif (2MB, 530x742px) Image search: [Google]
965.gif
2MB, 530x742px
>Older games are objectively better because reasons.
>>
>>376067742
I wonder where he is right now
>>
They are because many reasons yes
>>
I'm sure an anon can argue for legitimate reasons, but older games seem better because we only remember the good ones. There were tons of shitty old games, but when some shitty game comes out in the present time, we don't look back to our childhood and say "just as shitty as those other ones I played." We compare it to our favorite games from our childhood, giving the illusion that one time period was better than the other.
>>
>marcoos93
>24 years old and already bald

jesus christ
>>
>>376067742

The whole gamergate thing was worth it for this screenshot alone.
>>
>>376067742

Older games place in the grand hierarchy of their importance to the industry and/or the public becomes more clarified as time passes. Stand the test of time is idiom that describes this. A game is not done being upon the completion of its initial reviews. It is only done when it is completely and utterly forgotten (maybe on purpose).
>>
>>376070050
I started going bald when I was 19. It's mostly genetics, but it started so early because it's a side effect of the thyroid medicine I take. Shit's rough. I miss my hair.
>>
>>376070050

At least he seems to have embraced it, in comparison to a number of my colleagues....
>>
I wish I could travel back in time and re-experience the immense fucking shitstorm that was GG versus ZQ, and watch the massive divide of retardation all over again.

What a magnificent fucking month that August was.
>>
>>376070378
too bad the whole event turned /v/ into tumblr 2.0
>>
>>376067742
Older games are objectively better because patches weren't a thing so you get the best of both worlds: a completely finished, functioning game rife with fun glitches and exploits that aren't ever going away. There were no online amendments so no DLC, all of the secrets and extra characters and bonus content were either unlocked or discovered through cheat codes rather than bought. As a baseline, a vanilla game also had much more content to it because developers cared about the player getting their money's worth even for a singleplayer game, it strengthened brands back then. Everything else can be argued on a game-to-game basis, such as the fact that a 3D platformer has yet to come out that beats Mario 64's level design, non-linearity and fluid movement.

Also, video game marketing was WAY better and less sterile/homogenized than it is today.
>>
>older games are worse because "muh gwafix"
>>
>>376070292
sorry to hear that dude. my dad was a surfer in California with long hair, but started going bald in his late 20s. looks so different now from his youth pictures
>>
>>376069309
Right now? On twitter.
>>
>>376070464
It's either that or they'll out themselves as total retards and claim that a game which controls perfectly fine has shit controls or a shit camera or something. Just look at all the RE4 babies who think the original games are dated shit, it's abhorrent.
>>
>>376070050
bald is better than balding desu
nothing worse than a guy with a receding hairline and thinning hair who tries to mask it with a shitty attempt at a combover or something like that
>>
>>376067742
>another template thread on /v/
stop shitting up the board
>>
>>376070050
Yeah he made a bad choice.
>>
File: 1493310736420.jpg (85KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1493310736420.jpg
85KB, 680x1020px
>>376070050
>tfw 26 years old with long flowing locks to my ass since I was 17
>no hair loss to speak of yet
>grandpa on dad's side only had mild balding even in his 80s
>dad's 58 and still has all his hair
>mom's dad was bald
>mom's cousin had long hair like mine, but suddenly lost it all in his late 20s and is now bald

I'm enjoying it while it lasts.
>>
older 2d games hold up just fine, old 3d games can be pretty rough
>>
>>376070002
There are also tons of shitty new games but we only remember the good ones.Its like some stuff never changes.
>>
>>376067742
>>
>>376067742
AAA games weren't so bloated that they all had to be safe copy/paste trash to make back their six trillion dollar marketing budgets and internet limitations meant that they couldn't fuck you in the ass with DLC.
>>
File: 1489756137743.gif (4MB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1489756137743.gif
4MB, 280x302px
>>376070139
>Gamergate kicks off
>It's about revieing ethical practices with video game journalists
>Go on vacation for 2 weeks with no internet
>Come back
>Gamergate is about harassing women somehow and apparently gamers are "dying"

I don't know what the fuck happened during those 2 weeks.
>>
>>376071151
Bitches couldn't handle the bantz.
>>
>>376070365
>At least he seems to have embraced it, in comparison to a number of my colleagues....
kek, grad school?
>>
>>376070807
>hair holds up all through my 20s
>about to turn 30 and now noticing some spots starting to thin
My hairline isn't even all that fucked, but it's in a really bad spot and looks like shit.
>>
>>376071151
The (((liberal))) media got interested in the story.
>>
>>376070441
because 3D platformers are outdated and their mechanics and design philosophies were just absorbed into other things.
>>
>>376070807
I mean, if you really care about your hair, take finasteride 1mg, shampoo with nizoral, and apply minoxidil.
>>
>>376071151
>>Come back
>>Gamergate is about harassing women somehow and apparently gamers are "dying"
How to spot a SJW
>>
The older way of making games is better in this modern age since, with the advent of better technology and cost efficient game designing methods, games on par with Super Metroid and The legend of Zelda can be made with a skeleton crew on a barebones budget. The problem with the modern industry is that everyone wants graphics and CGI cutscenes and expensive voice actors, not to mention wasting time on online multiplayer, achievements, DRM, DLC, shoehorned in open world crafting survival, and tons of other unnecessary garbage.
>>
>>376071582
How to spot someone with poor reading comprehension
>>
>>376071582
>le SJWs!
>>
>>376070441
there were still plenty of crap games that could have been saved by patches, anon. you only think there was quality control back then because you only reminisce about the quality games.

sunshine is literally 64's fluid movement and change, too
>>
>>376071563
>shampoo with nizoral

I actually just started using that yesterday for really stubborn flaking I've been having lately. 15 fucking dollarydoos for a little bottle, but it already seems to be helping. Does it help prevent balding as well?
>>
>>376071812
It does not.
>>
>>376071812
>Does it help prevent balding as well?
It has some properties that block the effects of balding, but it won't outright prevent it.

If you want actual prevention, you need finasteride. Doesn't matter if it's generic, Proscar, Propecia, or whatever -- just make sure you're getting 1mg/daily. You'll have to schedule an appointment with a dermatologist or your family doctor.
>>
>>376070423

It was unreal how something so retarded that involved nothing but extreme leftist libtards and internet trolls caused a crowd of retards to divide and fight amongst each other.

Even more interesting was witnessing people you never thought would go full tumblr go full-fucking-throttle tumblr.

I think I had like, 2 irl friends end up cutting themselves loose because they insisted we state our stance on it all, and I told them my stance was that both sides are fucking retarded and hes a retard for getting wrapped up in some vagoo conspiracy.
>>
>>376071616
I agree with you everywhere except "wasting time with online multiplayer"
My friend pool isn't my neighbors anymore so that factors in to how valuable a multiplayer game looks. If it needs more people than my brother and doesn't go online, why should I even bother with anything else than singleplayer?

If you want to make an SP game, focus on that, but remember it's the information age when you're making an MP game.
>>
>>376071917
>>376072029

I see. Thanks, anons. Everything's okay right now, but I know as soon as I start seeing even a hint of balding I'm gonna lose my shit and do everything possible to prevent it. I really like my fucking hair and I'm not looking forward to getting cucked by genetics.
>>
>>376072236
>calling your friend a retard for having an opinion
boy this isn't hard to figure out
>>
>>376071151
Woman hating anime avatar virgins with no self control got involved and the SJWs got triggered over the stuff they said on twitter and shifted the focus to be about that because normies don't care about video games, but oppression is a big deal.
>>
>>376072513
>its ok when you let your friends almost kill themselves over ideology

is this the USSR?
>>
>>376072423
Yep. The moment you start thinning and excessively start to shed in the shower, pillow, sink, etc., that is when you need to take preventative measures.

Good luck man. I'm in my 30s and have kept a full head of hair. Probably would've been a NW3 or 4 if I hadn't taken finasteride.
>>
>>376067742
>Older games
>Western games are still in a good place
>Modern games
>Western games are dead because of muh diversity
>>
>>376072579
Twitter is a helluva thing. Doesn't help that its used most by college aged liberals, so they get the edge.
>>
>>376071751
>sunshine is literally 64's fluid movement and change
Not with FLUDD consistently breaking up the gameplay like it does. Stopping to spray something down or slowly hovering over a gap constantly. Especially since they removed the long jump to implement it. Also, Sunshine was a travesty in that it had as many shines as 64's stars but they were squeezed into half the levels, all of which were beach resort themed.
>>
>>376072703
One more question if you don't mind. Now that I started using Nizoral, should I be using it indefinitely? The bottle says to use it consistently for 8 weeks, and then only as needed to control dandruff. I figured I'd finish the first bottle, then buy another one and only use it every third wash or something like that.
>>
>>376073395
It doesn't really matter, just use it whenever you think it's necessary. Finasteride needs to be taken indefinitely, though.
>>
>>376070441
You forgot to mention that because they were incentivized to release the games as polished as possible, so when there were glitches they were harder to find.
>>
File: 1493354288981.gif (1MB, 355x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493354288981.gif
1MB, 355x225px
>>376074130
Alright, thank you, man.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.