[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's taking so long?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_4158.jpg (115KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4158.jpg
115KB, 1080x600px
What's taking so long?
>>
Once Switch sales start slowing down, Nintendo will press the ''release the smash'' button.
>>
just wait for the port to be announced at e3
>>
>>376066984
Why would they port this
>>
>>376067147
Why wouldn't they
>>
>>376066984
They're coding in the Ice Climbers (the 3DS couldn't handle them) and making all the Mii costumes of guest characters actual fighters.

Please understand.
>>
Gotta wait until the first year of online subscriptions are up so retards will renew just to play a three year old port.
>>
File: 1420538483115.png (69KB, 336x318px) Image search: [Google]
1420538483115.png
69KB, 336x318px
>>376067586
>making all the Mii costumes of guest characters actual fighters.
>>
>>376067147
>Why would they release something that would print them money
And if your follow up is gonna be that a port wouldn't sale, look at the MK8 Deluxe sales.
>>
If you are going to hope for a game that hasn't been announced, why not just hope for a sequel? Each Nintendo console has had its own Smash, so I don't see why this would be any different. They can't keep the Switch as a portable Wii U for its whole life.
>>
>>376068232
>If you are going to hope for a game that hasn't been announced, why not just hope for a sequel?

Holy shit, this. I never thought I'd see people unironically beg Nintendo to rehash games.
>>
>>376067969
Please understand.
>>
>>376066984

Nintendo are working out what to add to Smash 4 so Smash Switch isnt just another port
>>
>>376068671
Hint : It's sonybros shitposting.That you somehow took at face value, like a retard
>>
>>376066984
They're giving room for 3rd party. Atl east that's what /v/ said before the Switch launch.
>>
>>376068798
So a splatoon kinda deal, I'm down with that. I don't care about reusing assets if they can make the game feel like new. AT's better be eligible if they're gonna pick characters again though.
>>
Nintendo don't want the Switch to look like a port machine.

This is why they have been denying indie devs permission to port games that were released on the Wii U last year, see: Axiom Verge.

It seems very likely that Sm4sh will release on the Switch, they just didn't want to announce it alongside Mario Kart 8: Again Edition.
>>
>>376067147
It is just easy money for them. They wouldn't even need to add anything extra to it it could be the exact same game and it's gonna sell like crazy.
>>
>>376067147
Ice Climbers and Wolf, and in a just world they would also port all the 3DS stages that the Wii U version didn't have. Add Smash Run and remove Smash Tour as well.
>>
File: 1419737013018s.jpg (6KB, 250x234px) Image search: [Google]
1419737013018s.jpg
6KB, 250x234px
>>376067168
>>376068080
>>376071323
>>376071937
Sakurai wold not allow a lazy port of his game to be released.
>>
>>376072272
but the ported parts of sm4sh are already done really lazily, with horrible stage edges
>>
>>376066984
Putting Ridley on the roster, I hope.
>>
File: 1492165515716.jpg (28KB, 354x313px) Image search: [Google]
1492165515716.jpg
28KB, 354x313px
>smash 4 for wii u
>smash 4 for 3ds
>smash 4 for n3ds
>smash 4 for switch
>>
>>376072492
such a large roster expansion for just the one character? what a waste
>>
>>376072272
Smash 4 was lazy anyway. No, adding a shit ton of characters doesn't make it automatically lazy. Instead of taking a bit of effort to add fan demanded characters, he jerked himself off. Instead of making fun interesting stages for the Wii U, he made a cluster fuck of messy pieces of shit with more going on in them than a fucking rave. A single player mode that amounted to a shitty board game that was unfun on multiple levels but to the creator is the "true style of Smash" or some goddamn shit.

In Sakurais mind Smash has to be only things he likes, and an ADD riddled mess of nonstop random shit that makes you deal with everything but the other players most of the time. This coming from someone who loves playing with items on, but Sakurai makes everything else more of a chore to slog through than anything else with each iteration.

Oh and fuck grinding alt moves for characters with no rhyme or reason as to what you get. Unless you're special snowflake Palutena, who surprise surprise, came from a game Sakurai had his dick in.
>>
>>376073140
>Instead of taking a bit of effort to add fan demanded characters, he jerked himself off

You're right about single player, but this is fucking retarded. A crazy amount of really wanted characters got added, especially with regards to the third-parties.
>>
>The Switch's Mario Kart is already a port
>Wanting the same for Smash
for what purpose
>>
>>376073112
I'm just not sure if people actually believe this sorta thing anymore. He's a purple alien pterosaur. He's going to look weird whether he's tweaked for the roster or not. Keep the basic design cues, like curved beak, bent neck, gangley, use Super Metroids wings, curl the tail behind him, maybe make him two Bowsers wide (though I don't believe you'd have to do that anyway). I get people love seeing others disappointed and not get what they want, but to say he'd be impossible in a game where every character is a toy or statue just seems ludicrous to me. Hell they added Bayonetta, a character designed completely around being sexual, made her the most over powered thing on the roster, uses guns, and she's not even a Nintendo property. Don't really see how any highly requested Nintendo owned character could be impossible after that.
>>
I doubt there's going to be a Smash 4 port, they'll just make a new one. Either 2018 or 2019.

>>376072272
This, Sakurai is autistic about this sort of thing.
>>
>>376072561
n3ds isn't a separate system.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.