[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting a PC soon, Windows 10 though...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Windows_10_(version_1703).png (172KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
Windows_10_(version_1703).png
172KB, 1000x562px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0xODccrqmw

So, is Windows 10 really that bad performance wise?

I am hearing VERY mixed opinions on this.

What games are reported to have performance issues?
>>
>>376050525
whats the verdict on game mode for windows 10? Is it better to keep it turned off? I've heard mixed results.
>>
>>376050525
What is this video?
>poor people get fucked
WOW
>>
>>376050525
>mixed
Windows 10 is a fucking tracker abomination, installing that is the equivalent of making a detailed Facebook account for your entire family. Get 7 or 8.1 (and get that patch that removes metro).
>>
>>376050525
>So, is Windows 10 really that bad performance wise?
No.

>>376051397
go back to /g/
>>
>>376051397
What this guy said, he's right.

Windows 7 is the perfect option and avoids almost all the retarded botnet that 10 has. It's also a lot more intensive and less optimized than 7.

The only thing you will miss out on is direct x 12 support, but that's not that big of a loss. Developers use the benefits of it frugally and it doesn't improve most games that much.

Just pirate 7, it's easy as fuck to install and is a lot nicer for many reasons.
>>
>>376050525
>Bad performance

Its literally 7 with some fancy stuff on top of it
It has the new direct X compatibility, but only like 10 games use it so far

The only actually good thing about it is multiple virtual desktops, everything else is the same as W7
>>
>>376050525
>So, is Windows 10 really that bad performance wise?

They still haven't fixed the 100% DISK USAGE problem, so I'd say yeah.

I downgraded again both times I tried it.
>>
>>376052162
I have a feeling your hard drive is fucked. You're using an hdd, right anon-san?
>>
Windows 10 S is just windows 10 for schools.. that's why you can't install third party apps

The S stands for School btw

can't belive I bumped this shitty thread
>>
>>376050525
8.1 with classic shell is the patricians operating system
>>
>>376050525
Who the fuck pronounces gimped as Jim-ped? That annoyed me more than his autistic rambles.
>>
>>376052317
>go to settings
>PC Settings
>Add stuff to this windows version
>put W10Pro key or S/N
>you now have full windows
woah
>>
>>376050525
>180 views

Stop advertising your shitty youtube channel here.
>>
>>376053649
Not at all, I just wanna make sure I make the right choice getting a desktop with Win 10 Preinstalled
>>
Tinker with the registry and download Spybot Anti-Beacon. Having a proxy might also help.
>>
>>376050525
I've been using it since a few months after release. Literally 0 issues, and that's with me doing everything from playing new releases to emulators to VNs that I have to change my local to play.
Mostly it's just people bitching about them reading your data. Fair enough, but that's nothing new in this day and age but you better not use a cell phone ever, play your consoles online either, or buy anything online either if you really are going to go full retard about it.
>>
>>376050525
Wow that guy's voice is annoying.
>>
>>376050525
>is Windows 10 really that bad performance wise?
no, it's actually faster than 7 in modern games
and same as 7 in older games
>>
Windows 10 is shit. Stay at 7.
>>
>>376052270
I also have this problem, dear Microsoft shill.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.